Chapter 36*

Hidden Raindrop

He took the chance and moved her hair away from her face to see her birthmark, “What the…”

 

Jaemi quickly woke up.

 

L.Joe coughed, “The food’s here.”

 

“Oh thanks.”

 

L.Joe looked at her.

 

“Is something wrong?” Jaemi asked.

 

“No,” he said eating his lunch.

 

 

The two ended their day when L.Joe drove Jaemi back home. When they arrived, she was already asleep in the car. He slowly reached towards her hands to wake her up, but without realizing, the blue electricity wave appeared again. He slightly jumped back from the shock as Jaemi woke up.

 

“What was that?” Jaemi asked half asleep.

 

“I don’t know, but we’re here.”

 

“Oh,” she said as she got off the car, “Thanks again.”

 

She closed the car door and went inside.

 

“You’re welcome,” he said to himself.

 

 

“You’re home early. How was work?” Jaesung asked.

 

“Super fun!” Jaemi said ecstatically, “But I’m tired. I’m going to get some rest.”

 

Jaemi went upstairs to her bedroom and laid on the bed. She began to think of everything that happened at the zoo, but more specifically L.Joe. She smiled to herself at the thought of him smiling and looking at her. Those thoughts soon lead her to think about the time L.Joe waited for her outside her house for an hour. Realizing her thoughts, Jaemi jumped up and began to smack the side of her head.

 

“Jaemi, what is wrong with you,” she yelled at herself, “You are dating Kai. No one else but Kai!”

 

After stating that, Jaemi started to smile again as she remembers she has a date with him this Friday.

 

 

A few days passed and it was Thursday.

 

Jaemi got a text from JB and she ran to the front door.

 

“What’s all that?” Jaemi asked.

 

“I went to the library and checked out all the books they had about gumihos. I bet the librarian thinks I’m crazy,” he said laughing, “Here, help me bring them in.”

 

“Oh wow! JB, I didn’t expect you to do all of this. You are such a good friend. I don’t know what I would do without you.”

 

“Probably still in bed, whining about what to do,” JB teased.

 

Jaemi lightly smacked him as they continued to carry the books in.

 

“My gosh, who knew so many people wrote books about gumihos,” Jaemi stated.

 

“I know. Let’s just hope one of them is helpful.”

 

 

The two began reading and looking through all the books JB borrowed.

 

“Anything?” JB asked after looking at the last page.

 

Jaemi laid on the floor, “Nope. One third of the books are stories. And the other two thirds are just dumb myths.”

 

“I know, like eating men’s heart and liver to become human—wait… that’s not true, right?” JB joked as he backed away.

 

Jaemi laughed and smacked him, “Of course not! If it was, I would have eaten you already.”

 

He laughed back, “So now what?”

 

Jaemi sighed, “I don’t know… I’m sorry for wasting your time.”

 

“Don’t be sorry. Why don’t you keep the books for the next few days. Maybe you’ll find something we missed.”

 

“Thanks JB.”

 

Jaemi walked him down to the front door.

 

“Don’t stress over this, okay?” he reminded.

 

Jaemi giggled, “I won’t.”

 

“Alright, have fun on your date tomorrow.”

 

“I will, bye!”

 

She closed the door.

 

“Date?” Jaesung repeated, “What date?”

 

“Oh, I’m going out with Kai tomorrow night.”

 

“Uh… no you’re not.”

 

“What are you talking about? Yeah I am.”

 

“Do you not remember what Professor Seon told us?” Jaesung reminded her, “The full moon is tomorrow. I’m not letting you go out, especially what almost happened last time.”

 

“Almost,” she repeated, “But nothing happened.”

 

“Yes, and nothing will happen because you are staying home tomorrow.”

 

“Oppa, you’re not being cool about this right now.”

 

“I’m not trying to be a cool brother right now. What I said is final. You are staying home tomorrow night whether you like it or not.”

 

“Oppa!” Jaemi complained.

 

“Jaemi, I don’t want to hear another word about this.”

 

“Since when did you become like a dad?” Jaemi stormed off.

 

Jaesung sighed as he watched her run upstairs.

 

 

When Jaemi fell asleep from anger, Jaesung took her phone and called someone.

 

 

“Afternoon Jaemi,” Jaesung said when he walked into the kitchen.

 

No response.

 

“You can’t ignore me forever.”

 

Ding dong.

 

Jaemi glared at him and went to get the door.

 

“Did something happen between the two of you?” Kijoon asked confused.

 

Jaemi opened the door, “Jieun? What are you doing here?”

 

“I invited her over,” Jaesung said walking over, “Since you’re not allowed to go out tonight, I thought I would invite your friend over.”

 

Jaemi rolled her eyes and walked up to her room. Jieun followed behind.

 

Jaemi was in the bathroom while Jieun sat on her bed.

 

“You know, maybe you can just tell Kai you have a family emergency,” Jieun suggested.

 

“I already used that on our first date.”

 

“Um… how about saying—”

 

Jaemi walked out of the bathroom all dressed up.

 

 

“What do you think?” Jaemi asked.

 

“Um… kind of dressy for a little sleepover, don’t you think?”

 

“No, for my date silly!”

 

“What? You can’t go. Didn’t you hear your brother?”

 

“Yes, but as my best friend, you will cover for me, right?”

 

“Jaemi… you know I can’t.”

 

“Jieun, please? My father and brother aren’t going to come in my room knowing that you’re here. Just this one time, please? I promise I’ll be back by the end of the night.”

 

Jieun let out a deep sigh, “I know I’m going to regret this later.”

 

“Yay, thank you thank you thank you!!” Jaemi said hugging Jieun, “I owe you!”

 

The two of them tiptoed downstairs as Jieun locked the door when Jaemi left.

 

“Is everything okay?” Jaesung asked as he walked downstairs.

 

Jieun slightly jumped, “Um, yeah. I was just looking for the… kitchen… to get a glass of water.”

 

“Here, let me help.”

 

He lead Jieun to the kitchen and gave her two glass of water.

 

“Is she okay?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Jaemi, how is she taking it?”

 

“Oh, um… yeah she’s fine,” Jieun fibbed, “Sad of course, but she’s okay.”

 

“I feel bad, but I hope she knows I’m doing what is best for her.”

 

Jieun started to feel queasy from lying, “Yeah… I better get back up.”

 

“Alright, you two have fun,” he said slightly ruffling her hair.

 

Jieun felt heat coming from her cheeks so she quickly ran upstairs and locked the door, “I feel so guilty.”

 

 

As usual, Kai and Jaemi were enjoying their date by catching up with each other’s life. A few hours passed, and everything was still going perfectly.

 

“I’m going to use the restroom really quick. I’ll be right back,” Jaemi said leaving the table.

 

Continuing to eat his dinner, Jaemi’s phone received a text. Generally, he would never snoop, but he saw a familiar name. Professor Seon. Unconsciously, Kai grabbed Jaemi’s phone and read the text.

 

I’m sorry I can’t be there to help today. I know it’s your first time dealing with the full moon alone, so if you need anything, call me as soon as possible.

Professor Seon

 

He was about to check the number to see if it was really his uncle, but Jaemi was already walking back. He quickly put the phone back to its regular position.

 

The day was getting darker and as we all know, the moon was slowly starting to affect Jaemi. Her eyes began to twitch and her skin started to feel odd.

 

“Is everything okay?” Kai asked.

 

“Yeah yeah. I just need to make a quick phone call,” Jaemi said running to somewhere isolated.

 

“Come on… come on… pick up,” she said to herself, “Jieun! You have to help me, something is happening to my skin. I lost track of time and I think I’m changing soon. You have to help me, please, I don’t know what to do. Hurry please!”

 

Jaemi suddenly dropped her phone from her irritated skin and started to scratch herself like crazy.

 

“Jaemi? Jaemi?!? Are you okay? Hello?”

 

Jieun began to panic. She began to pace around the room, trying to think of what to do and out of desperation, she ran to Jaesung for help.

 

“Sunbae, please don’t hate me!” Jieun cried when she came to him.

 

Jieun explained everything to Jaesung and soon they rushed out of the house.

 

 

Jieun smacked her phone down to her side, “She’s not picking up.”

 

Jieun sat down on the ledge of the sidewalk and began to tear up, “If only I made her stay or told you the truth earlier, this wouldn’t have happened. This is all my fault.”

 

Jaesung sat down beside her and touched her head, “It’s not your fault. Don’t be so hard on yourself. We will find her and everything will be fine, okay?”

 

He put his arm around her and placed her head on his shoulder, “It’s okay, don’t cry.”

 

 

After waiting for Jaemi for awhile, Kai started to worry, so he went around to look for her. He walked around until he reached a secluded area where he saw a girl standing there alone. Worried for the her, he slowly walked towards the girl.

 

“Miss, are you okay?” he asked, “Are you lost?”

 

Tails were already appearing. That’s her, he thought, the girl my uncle told me about.

 

Jaemi turned her head with her blue eyes while still scratching herself like crazy.


“Jaemi?”

 


I'm going to college in 3 days, so I don't be able to update as much as I like. However, I will try my best to finish this story!