Chapter 21*

Hidden Raindrop

“Should know?” Jaemi repeated, “When? How would I know?”

 

“You’ll know when the time comes.”

 

Jaemi let out a sigh, “Wait, you said I won’t be able to control anything. What exactly do you mean by that?”

 

“That means no control over your powers, yourself, nor your mind. You will know what you will be doing, but you won’t know why you did it.”

 

“What is my power anyways?”

 

“I don’t even know myself. Has anything been happening to you lately?”

 

“Nope, besides the typical traits of a gumiho, nothing new has happened.”

 

“Don’t worry, you’ll find out on Sunday.”

 

“Sunday?” Jaemi reconfirmed, “The blue moon is happening this Sunday?”

 

Monk Seon nodded.

 

“Oh my gosh… I thought it would be a month from now. Oh gosh… I don’t know what to do,” Jaemi panicked, “How long does it last? When does it start?”

 

“It begins tomorrow and it could last for a few days, but nothing major will happen except for this Sunday, where the moon will be at its fullest.”

 

Jaemi nodded.

 

Ring Ring. Ring Ring.

 

Monk Seon picked up the phone.

 

“Jaemi, it’s for you,” Monk Seon said, handing the phone to her.

 

 

“JAEMI! Appa fainted, you have to rush to the hospital!” Jaesung hollered.

 

“MWOH? What happened to appa?!?”

 

“I don’t know. I went to check up on him, but he was already passed out on the desk.”

 

“Omo… Alright, I’m coming right now!”

 

 

“Monk Seon, can you drive me to the hospital?”

 

“Of course. Let’s hurry,” Monk Seon rushed.

 

 

“Oppa!” Jaemi called, “Is he okay?”

 

“I don’t know, the doctor just went to check on him.”

 

“How could this happen…”

 

“Don’t worry kids, I’m sure your father is fine,” Monk Seon reassured.

 

Jaemi let out a smile, “Thank you Monk Seon, for everything.”

 

“I should get going, but if anything happens, give me a call.”

 

“Thank you again,” Jaesung bowed, “Let me walk you out.”

 

The two walked out while Jaemi sat on the chair, waiting for the doctor.

 

 

L.Joe ran into the hospital, passing Monk Seon and Jaesung.

 

Monk Seon turned to look at L.Joe, but all he saw was the boy’s head.

 

“Is something wrong?” Jaesung asked.

 

Monk Seon turned back around and cleared his throat, “No, no.”

 

 

L.Joe stopped and looked up and down the aisle to see Jaemi sitting by herself.

 

“Is he okay?” L.Joe asked.

 

Jaemi looked up, “L.Joe? What are you doing here?”

 

“Your brother texted saying your dad was in the hospital, so I decided to come see if he was okay, and to return your phone.”

 

L.Joe handed her phone back, “Here.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

The two sat there quietly for a moment.

 

“Are you okay?” L.Joe asked.

 

Jaemi nodded.


The two sat in silence again.