Chapter 26*

Hidden Raindrop

12:00 PM

 

“Good afternoon, everyone,” Chairman Lee began, “I am here today to announce a special launch we are starting at Rain. I had Vice Chairman Um prepare to speak to you all; however, something came up and I had asked his daughter to fill in for him.”

 

 

“Where’s Jaemi?!?” Secretary Park panicked.

 

“I think she’s in the bathroom, but it’s locked in there. No one can get in.”

 

“Well find a way! She’s going live any second now,” Secretary Park hollered.

 

 

“She is a wonderful young girl, and even though she is young, she knows what she’s doing. Some of the work here at Rain was actually been done by her herself.”

 

 

Right when Jaemi’s eyes went back to normal, she rushed out of the bathroom.

 

“I’m sorry —”

 

“No time, you can explain later. You are up now,” Secretary Park rushed.

 

 

“So enough from me, I will pass the floor over to our new member of Rain, who will be giving an outline of a few strategic moves we will be deploying with this new project, so that we all have a clear view of what’s happening in Rain during this exciting launch period. Everyone, please welcome, Gu Jaemi.”

 

Cameras began flashing continuously when Jaemi walked out to the front floor.

 

“Hello everyone, my name is Gu Jaemi,” she began, “I’m here today to present to you all a new project Rain is starting called 'Think… Green’. Many of you are aware that everyone in Rain has been working tremendously hard over the past 30 years to get where we are today, and now we are ready to move forward with this new and exciting venture. Not only do we want to be a great hotel, but we also want to be a positive one. With ‘Think Green,’ we will be aiming to reach our goal to create a more positive living by reducing the amount of energy we use, living a more positive lifestyle, and much more. How we are doing this is by starting small. At Rain, we have already started designing a wonderful garden filled with organic fruits and vegetables, which will be served in Rain’s finest restaurants, Le Bi (Le Rain) and Pokpung Galbi (Storm Ribs). We have also started to use solar panels, which is running everything inside of Rain itself. And of course, recycling. There are much more on what we are doing and will be doing to help the environment by living green. We are well aware of the current economic difficulties present within our sector and this means we have to get extra creative. And… we have. With Rain’s own, personal garden, we will be needing help. Planting, growing, harvesting, and even caring; we will need some of your help to maintain this for us. Job opportunities will be open for those who need it. Not only will we be taking action, but we will also be promoting it. We won’t be able to do this alone, so we want everyone to come along with us. From this day forward, we want everyone to think with us, and think what? Think Green. Thank you.”

 

Jaemi bowed and walked off the stand.

 

 

She lifted up her remote and turned off the television.

 

“You are living well my child.”

 

 

Ten minutes passed and the live conference was finally over.

 

“Wow,” Chairman Lee gasped, “That was excellent Jaemi. Did you write that yourself?”

 

“Thank you, but no. My father wrote most of it, I just added more details to make it more interesting and captivating.”

 

“Well, either way you did a tremendous job. Well done,” Chairman Lee praised, “I’ll be calling your father soon to let him know how the press went. I’ll see you soon Jaemi.”

 

Chairman Lee walked out with his secretary.

 

Once they left, Jaemi fell back from her chair immediately, “Oh my gosh, I almost ruined everything up! Stupid eyes.”

 

 

After the live conference, Jaemi decided to go home to rest and prepare herself for the full moon.

 

“CONGRATULATION MS. GU JAEMI!” Jaesung cheered when she walked in.

 

“What is this?” Jaemi giggled.

 

“Just a little celebration for your amazing speech!”

 

Jaemi laughed out loud, “Thanks, oppa!”

 

Kijoon rolled across the room in his wheelchair, “Good job, baby girl!”

 

Jaemi gave him a hugged and thanked him once more.

 

For the next few hours, the three celebrated together as a family, laughing and smiling.

 

 

After the short celebration, Jaemi went upstairs to prepare herself for tonight.

 

“Okay. It’s almost 4:00 and I have until night time before the blue moon,” Jaemi said to herself, “I have to learn how to control.”

 

Jaemi sat down in front of the mirror and closed her eyes. She tried to focus and cringed her face, “Come on, blue eyes. Blue eyes!”

 

She opened her eyes, nothing.

 

“UGH, come on. Why is this so hard! Okay, one more time.”

 

She took a deep breath, “GUMIHO… POWER!!”

 

Jaesung opened the door, “Uh… is everything okay in here?”

 

Jaemi jumped back and shrieked, “AHHH! You scared me!”

 

“What are you doing?” he asked.

 

“Oh, uh… nothing,” she fibbed, letting out a huge smile.

 

Jaesung laughed, “Alright then, if you need anything I’ll be in my room.”

 

Jaemi nodded and continued to find a way to control her transformation.

 

 

An hour passed and Jaemi was still sitting in front of the mirror.

 

“It’s starting to get dark and I still don’t know how to control anything!” Jaemi whined.

 

“Okay, okay. Let’s think back to when my eyes changed.”

 

She sat there thinking for a moment, “UGH, how am I suppose to remember, I have the worst memory!

 

“Okay, think. THINK!!”

 

 

Time passed and it was already 9:30 PM.

 

Jaemi looked at the time, “Hm… maybe Monk Seon was wrong. It’s already 9:30 and nothing’s happening.”

 

“Well, I’ll just take a nap and think later.”

 

Jaemi soon fell asleep.

 

 

Jaemi suddenly woke up in agonizing pain with sweat covering her whole body. She tried to get up and go to the bathroom, but she ended up collapsing on the floor. She tried to get up, but it was no use. Her vision was getting worse and all she could see was a big blur. Jaemi tried to look around but all she saw was something forming behind her. The last thing she saw was her brother yelling before she completely black out.

 

“APPA, CALL MONK SEON!” Jaesung hollered.

 

 

L.Joe was brushing his teeth, getting ready to go to bed. After he finished, he walked around his house to make sure everything was secure. Once he finished, he walked towards his bed, but a sudden pain struck him. He lost some balance, but luckily, he caught himself. He touched his neck and went to a nearby mirror.


He looked behind his right ear, and there he saw it. His ‘birthmark’ was glowing blue.

 


I apologize for the long hiatus! I have less than a month of school left, so I have been really busy. I still hope you enjoy this chapter!