Chapter 27*

Hidden Raindrop

Jaemi slowly opened her eyes to see her brother sleeping by her bed. She tried to get up quietly, but ended up waking Jaesung.

 

“Jaemi, you’re awake! Here drink some water. I’ll call Monk Seon and appa.”

 

He left the room while Jaemi took a sip of water.

 

“Jaemi, how are you feeling?” Monk Seon asked.

 

“Better now,” Jaemi answered, “What happened to me?”

 

“Somehow, you out and… your tails appeared.”

 

“My tails? Those glowing things were my tails?”

 

Monk Seon nodded.

 

“Jaemi, are you sure you are okay?” Kijoon asked again to reassure.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine appa,” Jaemi answered, “I just wished I was actually awake to see my tails.”

 

The three guys stood there in silence.

 

“Jaemi-ah… your tails…” Jaesung said dubiously.

 

“Huh?” Jaemi turned around to see eight glowing tails. She quickly ran towards the mirror for a closer look.

 

“Wh— How?” Jaemi asked.

 

Monk Seon pondered for a second, “Try turning your eyes blue.”

 

“I tried, I don’t know how.”

 

“Try again.”

 

Jaemi let out a sigh and turned towards the mirror. Blue eyes, she demanded.

 

Right when she thought of it, her eyes changed from brown to blue.

 

“It— it worked,” Jaemi hesitated.

 

Monk Seon pondered for awhile more, “This doesn’t add up, I got to look into this more. I’ll get back to you soon. If anything happens, let me know.”

 

Monk Seon left.

 

 

Jaemi looked at the time, “Wow, it’s already two in the morning. I should go to sleep, there’s still school tomorrow.”

 

“I think you should stay home tomorrow,” Kijoon insisted, “In case something happens.”

 

“Appa, I’m fine. I feel as good as I was on Saturday. Plus, I know how to control my transformation now.”

 

“Yes, I know. But I think it would be best if you just stayed—”

 

“Appa. I’m fine, okay? We all need some rest. Good night.”

 

Jaemi walked to her bedroom before her father could answer.

 

And even though she tried to sleep, she couldn’t help but think about her missing ninth tail.

 

 

Jaemi walked through the school gates to see students staring and pointing at her. The reasons for their stares wasn’t evident to her, so she continued walking to class. The first person she saw was Jieun, who was sitting at her desk.

 

“What’s wrong with everyone today?” Jaemi asked.

 

“You don’t know?”

 

“Don’t know what?”

 

“On Sunday.”

 

The only thing that came to Jaemi’s mind was her transformation that night, “What?!? They know what I am?”

 

“Well… yeah. You were introduced as Vice Chairman Um’s daughter.”

 

Jaemi calmed down in relief, “Oh that. Is everyone surprised?”

 

“And angry. And humilated. And flabbergasted.”

 

“What? Why?”

 

“You lied to them, Jaemi. You made almost everyone feel stupid for believing your act and now, they’re angry.”

 

“Do you feel the same way as them?”

 

“No, of course not. I’m just scared for you.”

 

“Well well well, why isn’t it Vice Chairman Um’s daughter,” a girl approached before Jaemi could respond, “I didn’t know you were that type of girl to lie about who you were, Jaemi. Wait, Jaemi right? Or is that some name you used to cover your up.”

 

“Sit down,” a firm voice demanded.

 

The girl jumped a little, “A—ah, ne oppa.” She quickly bowed and went to her seat.

 

Kai looked at Jaemi and walked away.

 

 

Class started but all Jaemi heard were her classmate’s whispers about her.

 

“Psh, no wonder her acting was so good. She’s a faker.”

 

“Can’t believe she lied about not knowing Korean. What kind of person does that?”

 

“Who does she think she is? Daughter of VC of Rain? Ha, my .”

 

“She’s smart, but she comes here to act dumb. Is she trying to make a fool out of us? She made everyone look like an idiot.”

 

Jaemi was no longer paying attention to class. She was paying attention TO the class. Every comment the students made didn’t make her angry. Instead, it made her sad. Why? Because what they said were true and what she did was wrong, but there was nothing she could do about it now.

 

 

Finally, class ended. After most of the students left after giving Jaemi a glare, she decided to go up to Kai to thank him and possibly ask him out on another ‘date’.

 

She walked up to Kai’s desk, but before she could say anything, Kai got up and walked out of class.

 

She watched him walk away and she could feel her heart getting heavy.


“You too?” She thought.

 

 

The whole day, Jaemi was being bullied and being called names. Since she didn’t want Jieun to get hurt with her, she avoided her all day and went somewhere on campus to hide. The only place that was empty and quiet was the school’s rooftop. No one ever went up there, so it became Jaemi’s little hiding spot.

 

 

For the next few days, people started to throw things at her and soon, it became a habit for Jaemi to go up to the rooftop to hide from everyone. She didn’t bother letting anyone know what was happening to her or how she was feeling.

 

Curious on where Jaemi went every day at break and lunch, L.Joe decided to follow her when class ended. He watched her from afar as she stood there waiting for everyone to disappear, and once they did, she went up to the rooftop. He followed her up and watched her from the glass door.

 

Jaemi sat down on the floor and brushed off tiny bits of food that was thrown at her. After brushing most of it off, she sat there and looked at the sky.

 

L.Joe stood there for a moment, but later walked over behind her.

 

“Ah, it’s nice to get some fresh air,” he said stretching.

 

Startled, Jaemi turned around, “What are you doing here?”

 

“Getting some fresh air, what else does it look like?”

 

Jaemi chuckled and turned back around to look at the sky.

 

L.Joe walked over and stood behind Jaemi, “How did you even find this place?”

 

“I just wandered around,” Jaemi answered and paused, “Were you stalking me?”

 

L.Joe let out a huge scoff, “Stalking you? I’m not interesting in you. I was just curious since your friend has been roaming around school looking so lost,” he fibbed, trying to protect his pride.

 

Jaemi didn’t even let out a small smile, “Don’t tell her.”

 

Suddenly, the mood became very serious.

 

L.Joe sat down beside Jaemi.

 

“Aren’t you going to ask me?” Jaemi said without looking away from the sky.

 

L.Joe turned to look at her, and saw something familiar behind her right ear.

 

“Why I lied? Who I really am?”

 

L.Joe looked at her closely, but turned back to look at the sky as well.

 

“Why are you hiding?” he asked.

 

“Wouldn’t you?”

 

 

The next day, Jaemi did her, now, regular routine and waited for everyone to disperse. But this time, they didn’t. A few guys stopped and threw eggs at her; they stood there pointing and laughing. And soon, a crowd of students began to surround her and did the same. They threw whatever they had in their hands: paper, food, drinks.

 

L.Joe saw the crowd and fought his way to the front to see Jaemi being pummelled with food. He took a step towards Jaemi, but was a second too late. Someone was already there, pulling Jaemi away from the crowd. Kai. When one of the items hit Kai, everyone stopped and gasped in shock on what they did and cowered away. But being hit didn’t bother Kai, he just walked it off as if nothing happened.

 

He pulled Jaemi far away from the crowd and when they reached the school’s swimming pool, he sat her down.

 

Jaemi could tell he was kind of pissed as he walked towards her with a towel in his hand.

 

“Clean up.”

 

Slightly scared, Jaemi carefully took the towel and began to wipe herself down.

 

“Do you hate me too?” Jaemi cooed.

 

Kai quickly turned to her, “Hate you? I don’t hate you. I’m just... confused and angry.”

 

He paused for a second, “I thought we had— Why didn’t you tell me the truth?”

 

“I wanted to,” Jaemi began, “but I couldn’t.”

 

“What’s your reason?”

 

“I—I just— I don’t have one.”

 

“Well, when you have one, let me know.”

 

He walked away, leaving Jaemi alone in tears.

 

 

With time left, Jaemi went up to the rooftop to rest her mind and soon she cried herself to sleep on a bench.

 

After awhile, footsteps could be seen from afar walking towards Jaemi.

 

He bent down to face Jaemi and moved her hair around her ear, “I’m sorry.”


He leaned in and gently kissed her lips. He kissed her. L.Joe kissed her.

 


I only have a week and a half more days of school left. Hopefully I will be able to update more often after I graduate! But for now, I'm going to apologize again for the lack of updates! 

If you haven't, please don't forget to subscribe to the story, and maybe give a upvote? :) Also, leave a comment letting me know what you think so far!