Chapter 19*

Hidden Raindrop

 

Two empty plates plus three and a half more empty plates.

 

“Can’t believe you’re on your fourth plate,” Jaesung said, “If we eat this everyday, I think I’m going to go broke.”

 

Jaemi smiled while stuffing another piece of bulgogi in .

 

 

Oh my gosh. I’m so full,” Jaemi sighed, leaning back.

 

“Alright fattie, let’s see your eyes now.”

 

Jason! I’m no fattie!

 

“Alright, alright! Now take your sunglasses off, fattie.”

 

Jaemi let out a scoff and slowly took her sunglasses off, “Is it normal now?”

 

“Yup, I guess fattie just needed food.”

 

Jaemi let out another scoff, “ Alright dongsaeng, go pay for noona.”

 

“Dongsaeng? Noona?”

 

“That’s right, go pay for noona.”

 

“Since when were you my noona?”

 

“Since birth! Monk Seon told me. By two or three years,” Jaemi giggled to herself.

 

Jaesung let out a scoff, “Alright fattie noona, I’ll go pay.”

 

“Yah!” Jaemi yelled.

 

 

“Appa, we’re home!” Jaemi exclaimed as she walked through the door, “Appa?”

 

“He’s probably working upstairs. He’s having the live conference this Sunday,” Jaesung said.

 

“It’s this Sunday?”

 

“Yeah. He has a lot to prepare for the new project he’s introducing to the public,” Jaesung explained, “But you should go rest, we still have school tomorrow.”

 

Jaemi obediently listened to him and went straight to bed.

 

 

Jaemi woke up an hour earlier but couldn’t go back to sleep, so instead, she decided to get ready for school.

 

With 50 minutes left to spare, she decided to sneak into her father’s office and look at the speech he was going to present on Sunday. She quickly looked it over, but began to change some of the wordings and errors. By the time she was done, she still had 20 minutes left, so Jaemi decided to make breakfast for Jaesung before he woke up, and then left to school early.

 

Halfway to school, Jaemi noticed her phone was gone and in a panic, she quickly ran back home. Taking a sharp turn at the corner, she bumped into someone and fell.

 

“Ah,” she moaned as she rubbed her head.

 

She looked up to see who it was.

 

“Watch where you’re going,” L.Joe said nonchalantly.

 

Jerk,” Jaemi scoffed, still on the floor.

 

L.Joe stood there staring at her.

 

“What?”

 

“Aren’t you going to get out of my way?”

 

Realizing she was still on the floor, she quickly got up and moved over.

 

L.Joe beckoned his head for her to go, “Aren’t you going to go?”

 

What makes you think I want to walk with you?

 

“Suit yourself,” L.Joe said walking ahead.

 

He reached into his pockets and lifted something up in the air, “I guess you won’t be needing this then.”

 

“Wait, that’s my— YAH! THAT’S MY PHONE!” Jaemi hollered as she ran after him.

 

She quickly caught up and stopped in front of L.Joe.

 

“My phone,” she demanded as she extended her hand.

 

He looked at her and continued to walk away.

 

She quickly grabbed his arm before he could get any further, “Yah, give me my phone.”

 

“I found it, so I get to keep it,” he said blatantly, “If you want it back, you have to earn it.”

 

What is it that you want?” Jaemi asked.

 

“A kiss?” he said smirking and walking away.

 

Jaemi stood there blushing with a pissed face.

 

 

“Afternoon class, I hope you all finished your project because you do not want an “F” in this class,” the teacher began, “Why don’t we just get started on the presentations. Are there any groups that want to go first?”

 

The whole class began to look at one another, waiting for someone to raise their hand first.

 

“WE DO!”

 

“Fantastic!” the teacher exclaimed while looking at her list, “You are in… group 4! Alright, Jieun, Jaemi, Kai, and L.Joe, the class is all yours!”

 

Jaemi, Kai, and L.Joe turned and glared at Jieun.

 

Jieun lifted her shoulders and smiled.

 

“Hi everyone. We are group 4 and for our project, we decided to do a trailer,” Kai explained.

 

“Precisely! Our trailer is called Forgotten,” Jieun said beckoning towards the presentation, “And as you can see, the amazing poster was also created by L.Joe and Jaemi!”

 

“And as for the production, we want to thank Kai for his cameraworks, as well as Jieun for being a great director!” Jaemi thanked.

 

Jieun smiled, “Before we start the video, we will have L.Joe read the narration, so you know what Forgotten is about. Lights off please!”

 

“Dear classmates,” L.Joe began in his affectionate tone, “The story of Forgotten is about the connection between two friends that became extremely powerful over a course of time and love. Their prevailing love was so strong that nothing could have pulled them apart... but themselves. The time between the two lovers became so indifferent that they separated and never spoke to one another again. Years passed and fate brought the two back together to meet for the first time as strangers. Will they be able to recognize each other? Will the love between the two former friends bloom again? Will they be able to fix their differences and get back together? Or, will everything end in a blink of an eye. Ladies and gentlemen, we present to you, Forgotten.

 

Jieun clicked play and the trailer began to roll.

 

 

By the time the trailer ended and the lights , half the class were in tears, even the teacher.

 

“The acting was truly believable. L.Joe and Jaemi, you two did an fantastic job! And as for the whole production, Kai and Jieun, you two did an amazing job as well. I have nothing to say but, ‘good job’!” the teacher praised.

 

The team smiled and went back to their seats.

 

On the side, all the girls began talking to each other and wiping their tears, “As much as I hate seeing that new girl with our L.Joe, I have to admit, her acting was really good!”

 

 

The whole class was finally finished presenting their projects, but no one could beat group 4’s film.

 

Right when the bell rang, people began to walk up to Jieun and Jaemi to congratulate them on a job well done.

 

“Wow, who knew a good film could make us so popular,” Jieun joked.

 

Jaemi laughed and the two walked out together.

 

“Jaemi!” someone hollered.

 

Jaemi turned around to see Kai walking towards her.

 

“Oooo!” Jieun teased, “You go ahead, I’ll text you!”

 

Jaemi lightly pushed Jieun, “Okay, bye!”

 

“Hey,” Kai began.

 

“Hi.”

 

“Um, I’m glad we did well on the project.”

 

“Yeah, me too.”

 

“Well, um… we haven’t hung out in a while. So, why don’t we catch up? Let’s say, tomorrow around noon?” Kai asked.

 

“Um, yeah okay. That sounds great,” Jaemi answered.

 

“Great! I’ll text you later then,” Kai said walking away.


Jaemi blushed as she walked home.

 


Happy Lunar New Years! Even though it's midnight now.