Chapter 25*

Hidden Raindrop

After her eyes went back to normal, she went down the hall like Chairman Lee instrusted. She opened the door to a few stylists, who were organizing their area.

 

“Oh, hello!” one of the stylists exclaimed, “You must be Jaemi! My name is Byeol, your hair stylist. This is Minyoung, your make-up artist, but you can call her Jenny. And lastly, this is Minjung, your stylist.”

(I used some of the stylists Jiyeon followed on instagram!)

 

Jaemi bowed and answered, “Ne, annyeonghaseyo Jaemi-imnida.”

 

“Come, come! We must hurry and get you all dolled up!” Byeol said excitedly.

 

While the other two stylists were getting ready, Byeol began working with Jaemi’s hair.

 

“Alright, let’s see what we can do with your hair,” Byeol pondered to herself, “Ah, I got it!”

 

Instantly, Byeol took out all her clips and hot tools and began her work.

 

“Your name is Byeol, right?” Jaemi asked, trying to make conversation, “Doesn’t that mean ‘star’ “?

 

“Yup!” Byeol giggled, “By the way, let’s lose the formality. Just call me unnie!”

 

Jaemi smiled, “Ne, unnie. By the way,” Jaemi continued, “do you mind me asking how old you are?”

 

“No, not at all. I’m 22 years old. In fact, we are all 22!”

 

Jaemi’s eye grew big, “Really?!? You guys are so young!”

 

The two continued to talk while Byeol worked on her hair. After about 45 minutes, Byeol was finally done.

 

“FINISHED!” Byeol exclaimed, “What do you think?”

 

Jaemi looked at herself in the mirror without saying anything.

 

“You don’t like it?” Byeol asked concerned.

 

“What? No, I love it! It’s absolutely beautiful, thank you!” Jaemi said astounded.

 

Byeol clapped her hands, “Okay, let’s take you over to Jenny, so she can do your makeup!”

 

They both walked over to Jenny’s makeup area, “Well, I’ll hand Jaemi over to you. Have fun!” Byeol said ecstatically.

 

Jenny giggled, “Hi, I’m Minyoung, but please call me Jenny!”

 

Jaemi greeted her and nodded.

 

“Well, there are many, and I mean many, looks we can do with makeup. But is there a specific look you want to go for?”

 

“Um… I do want to go for a clean and simple look. Something that makes me look alive, but still subtle.”

 

Jenny nodded her head thinking, “Sounds lovely!”

 

She clipped Jaemi’s hair out of the way first, and began moisturizing her face, “To be honest, you don’t even need much on your face. You are a natural beauty! Just fill in your eyebrows, add a little eyeshadow and eyeliner, and you will be gorgeous!”

 

Jaemi blushed at her comment and thanked her.

 

Since Jaemi didn’t have much done to her face, Jenny finished within 15 minutes.

 

“Okay, take a look!”

 

 

Hair & makeup look

 

Jaemi looked at herself astonished, “Wow, I guess doing your eyebrows and eyeliner does make a difference! This looks beautiful, thank you!”

 

“No problem,” Jenny said smiling, “You can go ahead and go to Minjung to get your outfit picked out.”

 

Jaemi walked towards Minjung who was still picking out a few outfits.

 

Upon hearing Jaemi, she quickly turned around, “Oh my, you look absolutely gorgeous!”

 

“Thank you,” Jaemi chuckled.

 

“Come, come. I have a few outfits prepared!” Minjung beckoned, “However, I think this outfit will look best! It has a sophisticated look, but still young and chic. It’s perfect for you age, and for your hair and makeup too! Why don’t we try this on!”

 

Minjung gave her the outfit and Jaemi quickly changed.

 

Final look

 

Jaemi walked out to all the stylists waiting for her. Their mouths dropped in awe.

 

“Truly beautiful!” Byeol commented and the rest of the girls agreed.

 

Minjung looked at the time, “It’s only 10:19 AM right now. What time is the conference?”

 

“Well, Chairman Lee told us to be done by 11:30, since they have to prepare. So I’m guessing 12?” Byeol responded.

 

“Should we continue watching?” Minjung asked and the girls nodded in agreement.

 

“Jaemi, have you watched Innocent Man?” Jenny asked.

 

“I haven’t had the time to finish it yet, but I love the drama so far! I think I stopped at episode 15?”

 

“Oh my gosh, the part where she found out that he was really her first —”

 

“YEAH!” Jaemi interrupted, “And when the ‘evil’ girl saw them —”

 

“YEAH!” Jenny interrupted, “They are so cute!”

 

The girls laughed together, “Surprisingly, we just finished episode 15 this morning too! So, now we can watch together!”

 

The girls surrounded the television and continued to watch episode 16 of Innocent Man.

(Author’s note: You should really watch the drama though, it’s really good!)

 

 

An hour later.

 

“Oh my gosh.”

 

“The ending…”

 

“I know…”

 

“Did she —?”

 

“I don’t know…”

 

The girls sat there in a dazed, still shocked about the ending of the episode.

 

Minjung looked at the time, “Oh my, it’s already 11:15!”

 

“We should touch you up before the conference,” insisted Byeol.

 

The girls got up and quickly gave Jaemi some finishing touches.

 

“Okay done!” Jenny declared.

 

Knock. Knock.

 

“Miss Jaemi, if you’re finished, Chairman Lee is looking for you,” said one of his secretaries.

 

Jaemi nodded, thanked her stylists, and followed the secretary out.

 

 

“Chairman Lee, I have Miss Jaemi.”

 

“Jaemi! You look beautiful!” Chairman Lee complimented.

 

“Thank you, Chairman Lee.”

 

“Well, I have to go get ready for the conference as well, so my secretary will explain everything to you.”

 

Chairman Lee walked out.

 

“Hi, I’m Secretary Park.”

 

Jaemi greeted her back.

 

Secretary Park went ahead and explained everything to Jaemi about how Chairman Lee will start off and introduce Jaemi to the public, then she will start her speech, which will be broadcasted on every news station. And once she’s done, she will walk off the stand and Chairman Lee will take over from there.

 

Understanding the instruction, Jaemi nodded her head.

 

“Great, why don’t we go get ready now.”

 

Secretary Park walked out with Jaemi to the front of the hotel to prepare herself.

 

With less than 15 minutes until they go live, Jaemi sat there reciting her speech over and over.

 

Twelve minutes passed and all of a sudden Jaemi’s eyes began to get blurry. In a panic, Jaemi quickly got up and ran to the restroom. Her eyes began to flicker again.

 

“Where’s Jaemi?” Secretary Park asked.

 

“I’m not sure,” answered the other secretary.


“What?!? The live broadcast is starting in less than a minute!”

 


What do you think will happen to Jaemi? Will she be able to give her speech on time or will she have to hid the whole day? Find out in the next chapter!