Chapter 22*

Hidden Raindrop

“Is there anything I can do to help Jaemi?” Jaesung asked.

 

“Right now, it’s hard to say, but I think it would be best if Jaemi was alone. She won’t be able to control anything, and I don’t want you getting hurt,” Monk Seon explained, “But, if things do get out of hand, let me know as soon as possible.”

 

“Of course.”

 

“I’ll be off then. Let me know when your father is awake.”

 

Jaesung nodded and watched Monk Seon drive away.

 

Jaesung went back to sit with Jaemi, but by the time he came up, she was already accompanied by L.Joe. Jaemi fell asleep, and Jaesung watched the two as L.Joe placed her head on his shoulder. Not wanting L.Joe to find out about Jaemi and his relationship, he left, leaving the two alone.

 

After awhile, L.Joe fell asleep.

 

A few minutes passed and Jaemi woke up. Realizing she was on his shoulder, she slowly got up and looked around.

 

“Are you a relative of Mr. Um Kijoon?” the doctor asked.

 

“Yes, he’s my father. Is he okay?”

 

“He is doing fine,” the doctor answered, “The cause of his faint was due to the lack of sleep. And as long as he doesn’t overwork himself and rest for a few days, he should be fine. However, I do recommend that he stays here in the hospital until tomorrow, so we can check to make sure he’s stable before he leaves.”

 

“Okay, thank you Doctor Kim. I’ll come by tomorrow to get him.”

 

They bowed to one another and Jaemi walked into her father’s hospital room.

 

Kijoon was asleep when she walked in and as she sat down, she suddenly teared up. For the first time since they moved to Korea, she finally saw her father sleeping soundlessly. He was always staying up late and getting home late, but now, she finally gets to see him rest. The thought of her father overworking made her heart heavy, and all she could do was cry in silence.

 

The whole time, L.Joe was by the door watching, but he soon left to give her some space. After a while, Jaemi finally came out.

 

“Is he fine now?” L.Joe asked.

 

Yeah, he just fainted from exhaustion.

 

“By the way, where’s your brother?”

 

Realizing her brother was gone, she quickly took out her phone to call him, but instead, there was a text.

 

I saw a student sitting with you, so I decided to leave first. If appa wakes up, let me know. Also, if you need a ride home, call me.

My Oppa

 

“Um, he left already.”

 

“Who’s your brother?”

 

Huh? Oh, uh, I don’t think you know him,” Jaemi hesitated.

 

“Well, it’s getting late. I’ll drive you home.”

 

“You drive?”

 

“Of course. I’m L.Joe.”

 

There’s the conceited guy I know. Jaemi thought.

 

They both walked over to L.Joe’s car. A Lamborghini.

 

Jaemi stood there in awe. His car was even nicer than JB’s Ferrari.

 

“Are you going to stand there or get in?” L.Joe called.

 

Jaemi quickly sat in the car, “You have a Lamborghini, yet you never drive?

 

“It’s more for visual appeal, I don’t want it getting scratched up.”

 

Such a rich boy. She thought.

 

The whole car ride was in silence, but they soon reached Jaemi’s house; however, she was asleep.

 

He looked at her and came in closer, and unknowingly, he kissed her forehead.

 

Surprised by his own action, he leaned in again and flicked her forehead to wake her up.

 

“OW!” Jaemi jumped up, “What was that for?”

 

L.Joe cleared his throat, “We’re here.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Jaemi went out of the car, “Um… thanks. For being there.”

 

She closed the door and went in the house.


L.Joe waited for her to go in and drove away.

 


I apologize for another short chapter, but the next chapter will be longer. I PROMISE! :)