Chapter 33*

Hidden Raindrop

Jaemi came to work again in the morning.

 

 

“Jaemi, just the person I was looking for!” Chairman Lee called, “Have you decided on the partnership yet?”

 

“Yes I did, sir.”

 

“Great, let’s discuss it in my office.”

 

After explaining and discussing the final partnership for Rain, Chairman Lee gave Jaemi a simple task for the day.

 

“You worked hard these past few weeks, so I’ll just give you simple jobs for the next few days,” he said.

 

He went ahead and explained a few tasks he wanted Jaemi to do and left. Jaemi began to wander around each department to make sure everything was running smoothly. After talking to people and checking on all their work, Jaemi finally went to the kitchen to do the last check-up.

 

“It’s so cool how Le Bi (Le Rain) and Pokpung Galbi (Storm Ribs) are two different restaurants that are combined in one area. I mean, half the restaurant is Le Bi and the other half is Pokpung Galbi. Such a smart way to save space and eliminate any competitions,” Jaemi said to herself, “Okay, back to checking on the staff.”

 

“Wait… is that—is that JB’s father?”

 

“Jaemi, is that you?” Mr. Im called, “I haven’t seen you since I moved back to Korea, and of course when you were on TV, but how are you?”

 

Jaemi giggled, “I’m doing really well. How are you Mr. Im?”

 

“I’m doing great!”

 

“I didn’t know you worked in Le Bi and Pokpung Galbi.”

 

“JB didn’t tell you?”

 

She shook her head.

 

“This boy… always keeping secrets. Well, it was great seeing you again, but I have to get back to work. I’ll see you next time.”

 

“Of course Mr. Im, have a great day.”

 

Jaemi went back up to her father’s office and closed the door.

 

“Oh JB, you have a lot of explaining to do.”

 

She pulled out her phone, but before she could dial, JB called her.

 

“Scary… but perfect timing.”

 

“Hello?” she answered.

 

“Hey, I found something.”

 

“Yeah, so did I,” Jaemi said back, “Why didn’t you tell me your dad was working in the restaurants IN RAIN.

 

“Yeah yeah, so he’s the head chef, but I found something better.”

 

“Wait, WHAT? He’s the head chef? JB, why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“That’s not important right now! I found something about the bracelet.”

 

Jaemi let out a gasp, “So is it true? Is there a bracelet?”

 

“Well, I did spend all day and night looking this up for you,” JB teased, “And after looking at page after page after page—”.

 

“JB! GET TO THE POINT!”

 

“Okay okay, geez calm down,” he chuckled, “So the bracelet is real.”

 

“YES I KNEW IT!”

 

“But…”

 

“Oh, no buts.”

 

“They are only worn by male gumihos.”

 

“Are you serious? So there’s nothing for females?”

 

“No, sorry.”

 

She let out a sigh, “It’s okay, thank you for trying though.”

 

Chairman Lee walked into the office right when Jaemi hung up.

 

“I hope I didn’t interrupt an important call.”

 

“Oh no you’re not.”

 

“Well, I just wanted to stop by to make sure everything was okay.”

 

“Yeah, everything's going smoothly. Thank you again for this opportunity.”

 

“It’s my pleasure,” Chairman Lee smiled, “If only my son was like you.”

 

Before he could walk out Jaemi took the chance to get more information, “Son?”

 

“Yeah son. He’s your age, but he wants nothing to do with the company. I tried to talk to him many times, but it’s quite hard since we don’t see each other often.”

 

“I don’t mean to pry, but what is your son’s name?”

 

“Lee Byunghun. Do you know him?”

 

Jaemi shook her head.

 

“It’s ashamed you aren’t my daughter,” he laughed.

 

Jaemi smiled back.

 

 

Weeks have passed and Kai and Jaemi have been going on many dates, even though they aren’t official yet. They grew very fond of each other as love birds. Most of the students already know about their interest towards each other; though some students don’t adore the couple, there are still some who support them. Aside from that, JB and Jaemi are still hanging out a lot as they continued to research about gumihos.

 

 

“Hey Jieun, right? Have you seen Jaemi?”

 

Jieun looked up to see Jaesung and blushed, “Um… I think she went to the restroom.”

 

“Alright, thanks,” he rubbed her head and dashed off.

 

Jieun touched her head and blushed to herself.

 

 

“Jaemi!” Jaesung called.

 

“Oppa, are you crazy? Why are you calling me so loudly? Are you trying to make people talk?”

 

“Sorry, I forgot.”

 

“Why are you looking for me at this time of day? It was already risky during the first week of school.”

 

“I heard you’re dating Kai.”

 

“Oh my gosh oppa…” Jaemi nagged, “That’s what you wanted to talk to me about?”

 

“Uh, yes?!” Jaesung declared, “Everyone knows about it now and as your brother, I deserve to know if it’s true or not.”

 

“Wait, how did you know I was here?”

 

“I asked Jieun. But, is it true?”

 

“You asked Jieun?!? Oppa, you are seriously crazy. I’m not talking to you. Walking away now.”

 

“YA, Jaemi. Tell me!”

 

“Not talking!” she whispered loudly to him.

 

 

“Hey, sorry it took so long!”

 

“It’s okay,” said Jieun.

 

Jaemi continued to eat her lunch while Jieun looked at her for a moment.

 

“I know this is random,” Jieun began, “But do you know Jaesung sunbae?”

 

“Well, I heard all the girls around this area really admire him. Oh, and that he’s really smart.”

 

“No, not like that. I mean,” Jieun paused, “Do you guys know each other?”

 

“What? No why would you think that?”

 

“Didn’t he give you food and didn’t you call him oppa? And how did he know about your secret before about speaking Korean? Plus, he was just looking for you.”

 

“Woah Jieun, you ask a lot of questions,” Jaemi paused, “Do you like him?”

 

Jieun blushed.

 

“Oh my, you like him don’t you!”

 

“I do not! Why would I like him,” she said shyly.

 

“Okay,” Jaemi said, “If you say so.”

 

Jaemi suddenly received a text message, “Um, Jieun, I have to go really quick. I’ll be right back!”

 

“Again? Where are you going?”

 

Jaemi ran off before she could answer her.

 

“What does this mean?” Jaemi asked.

 

“You know, there is something seriously wrong with your phone,” Jaesung complained, “I don’t get why Professor Seon can’t get to you.”

 

“Oppa, seriously, what did he say?”

 

“Well, like what my text said, Professor Seon called and said there was another full moon coming soon. Three weeks to be exact.”

 

“Yeah, I got that part, but why is he telling me so early? And why didn’t he just tell me in person, I’m going to visit him on the weekends anyways.”

 

“He actually has some business he has to do out of town, so he will be away for a few weeks. He just called to tell you in advance.”

 

“He’s going to be away? What is something bad happens? Who’s suppose to help me?”

 

“Don’t worry, Jaemi. You have appa, me, and even JB to help you. I know you are a strong gumiho. Don’t be afraid of what you are. Embrace it.”

 

“Gumiho?” Jieun said dubiously.

 

Jaesung and Jaemi turned to look at Jieun and then back at each other.


“Jieun…”

 


Sorry for being gone for awhile! My cousin gave birth a few days ago, so now I have another nephew, which means I am an aunt to another child. I feel so old... Anyways, I hope you are having a great summer! Enjoy!