Chapter 16*

Hidden Raindrop

Jaemi slowly opened her eyes to see L.Joe’s face right in front of her’s.

 

Surprised, she jerked back a little, “What are you doing?”

 

“You know, you are very ugly when you sleep,” he fibbed trying to keep his cool.

 

Jaemi got up from the bed, “Jerk.”

 

“Would a jerk let you sleep on his bed while he finished the poster?” he said walking back to the desk.

 

Confused, Jaemi looked down at the bed, realizing that he actually carried her over. She looked up at him and grinned to herself.

 

She jumped off of the bed and went over to look at the finished presentation.

 

Wow. It looks really good,” Jaemi complimented.

 

“Thanks. Now we just need to add the video in. When do you think they’ll be done?”

 

Probably in a day or two,” Jaemi answered.

 

Oh my gosh, it’s almost 5:30 already?” Jaemi read at the corner of the screen, “I should get going.

 

L.Joe stood up, watching her grab her stuff from his desk. And for some apparent reason, Jaemi was in a hurry that she ended up tripping over the chair. Luckily, L.Joe caught her on time before she landed face down on the floor.

 

Surprised by his action, she looked up, meeting his eyes, and quickly jumped away from his embrace.

 

Sorry about that. I should go,” Jaemi said, avoiding his eyes.

 

They both walked downstairs and Jaemi left as L.Joe closed the door.

 

 

Jaemi came home and let out a sigh of relief.

 

“Oh, you’re home. Do you want to eat anything?” Jaesung asked from the kitchen.

 

“No it’s okay, I’m not hungry. Where’s appa?”

 

“I think he’s upstairs working.”

 

“Oh okay, I’ll be going to bed first then.”

 

“Bed? But it’s only 6 right now.” Jaesung questioned.

 

“Yeah, I’m just a little tired from the project, so I’m going to go lie down first.”

 

“Oh, alright. Don’t overwork yourself okay?”

 

Jaemi nodded and went upstairs.

 

She closed the door and jumped on her bed. She couldn’t help but think about L.Joe; how he carried her to bed, how he came close to her, how he caught her, and how their eyes met.

 

 

Wednesday, February 11, 2015. Just 2 more days until the film project is due.

 

“Did you two finish the presentation?” Jieun asked.

 

“Yeah, we just need to add the video then we will be done,” Jaemi answered back.

 

“Really? You finished the presentation in one day?” Jieun questioned in surprised, “Wow! I’m impressed Ms. Gu Jaemi!”

 

“Well, L.Joe did help a lot.”

 

And out of no where, Jieun began to laugh like a maniac. Jaemi sat there staring at Jieun with a confused look.

 

“Wait, you were serious?”

 

Jaemi nodded her head, still confused.

 

“But L.Joe never works!” Jieun exclaimed.

 

Noticing the silence, Jieun looked at Jaemi who was giving her a suspicious look.

 

“Anyways, can you tell L.Joe to send me the presentation? I just need to make some extra adjustments to the video and I’ll add the video myself later.”

 

“Why don’t you ask h —”

 

“Oh, there’s the teacher. I need to ask her about editing something. Go ask him now!” Jieun hollered as she rushed over to the teacher.

 

Jieun turned around towards Jaemi, who was looking at her, and mouthed, “Go ask him.”

 

Jaemi let out a huge sigh and looked over at L.Joe. He was asleep on his desk again. She closed her eyes and let out another huge sigh. After getting her confidence, she finally got up from her seat to walk over to his desk. Looking around relentlessly, she stood there for a few seconds without saying anything.

 

“If you want something, say it,” L.Joe cooed wanly with his eyes still closed.

 

“Uh —”

 

Those were the only words that came out of .

 

L.Joe opened his eyes to look at her, “What is it?”

 

Uh… Jieun needs the um… the presentation, so if you could send it to her after sch —

 

“Give me your phone.”

 

Without thinking twice, Jaemi handed him her phone.

 

She watched him as he started pressing around, “What are you doing?”

 

“Here,” he said as he handed the phone back to her, “Text me after school. I’m not going to remember.”

 

Speechless, she walked back to her desk as he went back to sleep.


On the side, JB smiled at the scene. However, there was someone else who wasn’t too happy about it. Kai.

 


Sorry again for the lack of update! Hope you enjoyed this short chapter! :)