Chapter 28*

Hidden Raindrop

“Uncle!” Kai called, “Are you home?”

 

No one answered, but Kai could hear the shower in the bathroom on. Waiting for his uncle, he went into the kitchen and pulled out a bunch of togo boxes he ordered home.

 

“Oh, you’re home,” Monk Seon said, “When did you arrive?

 

“I just got home. I also ordered some food at your favorite restaurant!”

 

“Ah, it’s nice to have a nephew who can take care of you. So how’s school so far?”

 

“Uh… it’s going fine.”

 

“What’s wrong? Did something happen?”

 

“It’s nothing.”

 

“It’s about a girl isn’t it?” Monk Seon asked, “Well, whatever it is, just give her some time. There’s a reason to every action.”

 

Kai looked at his uncle and smiled, “Thanks uncle.”

 

 

It was almost dusk, but Jaemi didn’t want to go home. She wondered around the streets alone and ended up sitting in a pojangmacha.

 

“Imo, can I have four dakkochi?”

 

The lady handed her the food and Jaemi slowly ate it.

 

“Is something wrong dear?”

 

“No, it’s just… complicated,” Jaemi began, “I hid this secret from this guy I like, and now he’s mad at me.”

 

The lady pondered for a second, “Ah! You were the girl on the news, correct? For hotel Rain.”

 

Jaemi shyly nodded.

 

“Ah, well, high school boys are complicated. He probably just needs some time to adjust. Don’t worry too much about it, okay? Your life is too young and short to be sad over little things.”

 

Jaemi smiled, “Ne, thank you imo.”

 

“Here. Have another dakkochi; on the house!”

 

Jaemi thanked for her kindness, “I have been thinking about this for awhile, but you look very familiar.”

 

“Oh, I get that all the time! I must have a very common face,” the lady laughed.

 

Jaemi was finishing up her last skewer, “Before I leave, do you mind me asking what your name is?”

 

“Jaekyung.”

 

“Jaekyung. Okay, thank you again!”

 

 

It was dark and Jaemi finally arrived home.

 

“Ah, Jaemi, you’re home,” Kijoon said.

 

“Is there anything you need appa?”

 

“Actually, if you aren’t busy, can you work in for me at the office tomorrow?” Kijoon asked, “Jaesung is taking me to the hospital tomorrow for a checkup and I need someone to take my place for the day. I hope it isn’t too much to ask.”

 

“Of course not. I’ll be in the office tomorrow.”

 

“Great, be there at 10AM. I’ll let Chairman Lee know you will be coming in tomorrow.”

 

 

The next morning, Jaemi woke up extra early to prepare herself for work, in place for her father.

 

Luckily, Minjung gave Jaemi a few outfits to take home, so after trying on a few outfits, she finally decided to go with this dress:

 

 

 

Jaemi arrived at the hotel around 9:50AM and greeted everyone cheerfully. She went up to her father’s office and sat at his desk thinking of what to do. Not sure on what her task was, she decided to organize her father’s desk. But minutes later, Chairman Lee arrived.

 

“Good morning, Jaemi. I’m glad you’re here.”

 

“Good morning, it’s nice to see you again.”

 

“Well, why don’t we get started with some work,” he began, “I need you to look over at these possible partnerships and tell me what you think of them. I need young eyes to make sure I don’t get partnered up with the wrong business. If you need a break from looking at all these papers, you can go ahead and go around and check on the employees on the ‘Think Green’ campaign project and make sure everything is running smoothly.”

 

Jaemi nodded and began to work.

 

 

Jaemi spent an hour looking at each business and never took a break. It was already 5:50PM and she has only looked over 8 businesses.

 

Chairman Lee walked in, “How are you doing Jaemi?”

 

“I’m doing good. I finished looking over these 8, so you can go ahead and look over the pros and cons I wrote about each company and decided on which you want to work with.”

 

“Great, you did a lot Jaemi, thank you.”

 

“Of course, it’s my job!”

 

“Actually, I wanted to talk to you about that,” he began, “How do you feel about working in Rain?”

 

“Work here? As in take my father’s place?”

 

“No, no, nothing like that. I know you have school to take care of, but how about working here on weekends, and letting your father take the weekend off? I know your father’s health isn’t the best right now and I don’t want it to worsen by letting him work here seven days a week. So what do you say?”

 

Jaemi paused for a moment.

 

“I’ll let you think about it. Let me know when you decide. Also, you should be getting home now. You have been working for 8 hours already,” Chairman said walking out, “And, think of this opportunity as a time for you to prep yourself for your future.”

 

 

Kai came home late at night with food.

 

“Uncle, food’s here!” Kai hollered.

 

There was no answer, “Uncle? Are you home?”


Kai went to look for his uncle, but he was no where to be found. He knocked on his uncle’s office, but no one answered. He decided to just go in, but was stopped by piles of paperwork and books all over his room. Kai picked up each paper he came across until he reached the desk. A book caught his attention, a book about gumihos. Confused and curious, Kai looked at all the papers he was holding in his hand and to his surprise, they were all about one thing. Gumihos.

 


Sorry for the long wait, but I have been very busy this past week because I'm graduating high school tomorrow! YAY! Four years passed and now it's finally time to move on. I know I promised to update more often after I graduate, BUT I really want to create a new poster for this fanfiction. So I won't be able to upload as often as I would like until I finish editing! I hope you understand. Have a great day! <3