Chapter 34*

Hidden Raindrop

“Jieun…”

 

“Jaemi is a gumiho?” Jieun asked confused, “What are you two talking about?”

 

“Gumiho?” Jaesung repeated, “Jieun, I think you heard wrong.”

 

“I know what I heard. What in the world is going on here?”

 

Jaemi turned to look at Jaesung, “She’s my friend. My best friend.”

 

He let out a soft sigh, “Alright. If you trust her, go ahead. I’ll leave you two to talk.”

 

He walked away, leaving the two alone.

 

“I think we should sit down before I tell you,” Jaemi suggested.

 

“Jaemi, I can handle whatever it is.”

 

Jaemi let out a sigh, “Can’t believe I’m doing this,” she whispered to herself.

 

With the time leftover before lunch ended, Jaemi told Jieun everything there was to know about her, including Jaesung being her brother.

 

“So the important thing you had to do the Friday you had your first date with Kai was the full moon?”

 

Jaemi nodded.

 

“Wow… I thought gumihos were just a myth.”

 

“Apparently, they’re not,” Jaemi shrugged, “But please promise me you won’t tell anymore. Only my family and JB knows.”

 

“Of course I won’t, you’re my best friend,” Jieun smiled, “But I don’t understand why you have to hide the fact that Jaesung sunbae is your brother. I mean his popularity could do a lot for you.”

 

Jaemi laughed and nudged her, and the two walked arm in arm to class.

 

 

It was finally the weekend and Jaemi got prepared to go to work in her new outfit Minjung (fashion stylist) prepared for her.

 

 

Jaemi walked around the building doing her job until she overheard a few colleagues of her whispering to one another.

 

“Have you seen the new guy yet?”

 

“Yeah! He’s so attractive. I wonder if he’s single.”

 

“Yah, you are way too old for him!”

 

“So? I can get a young man!”

 

The girls laughed, but stopped immediately when they saw Jaemi looking at them. They blushed and scurried away.

 

“What was that about,” Jaemi said to herself.

 

She continued going her way until someone approached her.

 

“Well someone is dressed to impress.”

 

Jaemi looked up and let out a scoff, “What are you doing here all dressed up?”

 

 

“Well I have to look professional if I’m going to work here.”

 

“Work here?” she chuckled, “Don’t joke with me.”

 

“Oh L.Joe,” Chairman Lee called walking over, “I see you have meet Jaemi. Jaemi, this is L.Joe, our new employee.”

 

“New employee? So he’s really working here?”

 

“Yes, since he’s new here and the two of you are the same age, why don’t you show him around. Maybe you two will find something in common and become good friends.”

 

As Chairman Lee left, L.Joe continued to look at Jaemi smirking. She looked at him, dissatisfied.

 

They walked together in silence until Jaemi stopped and stood in front of him, “Okay, why are you really here? Because I know you aren’t here to really work.”

 

L.Joe smiled, “I’m here the same reason you are. To get some experience,” he said walking away.

 

Jaemi let out a sigh as she watched him.

 

 

It was the last day before spring break.

(Going to use the American calendar for this!)

 

“Who works where?” Jieun questioned.

 

“L.Joe! At Rain!” Jaemi whispered loudly.

 

“Why is he there?”

 

“That’s what you’re curious about? I want to know how he got hired. I mean look at him,” Jaemi pointed, “He’s not exactly what you call ‘businessman material’.”

 

“Well to be honest, you didn’t really look like a business type of girl either.”

 

“Jieun! Why are you defending him!”

 

“I’m not! I’m just saying. I mean there could be a bunch of reasons why he’s there.”

 

Jaemi scoffed, “Please, I can’t think of one reason why. Now I will be seeing him everyday, like five days isn’t enough? At least spring break is tomorrow, so I will only be seeing him for two days this week.”

 

Jieun giggled.

 

 

Knock knock.

 

“Kai!” Jaemi said as she opened the door, “What are you doing here?”

 

“It’s Friday.”

 

“Oh, right. Date night,” she recalled, “Do you think we can reschedule to next week? I’m actually kind of busy right now.”

 

“Yeah, of course. Um… how about…”

 

Before he could finish his sentence, he noticed Jaemi’s eye twitch to blue.

 

“How about what?” she asked.

 

“Jaemi, your eyes. It turned… blue for a moment.”

 

“M-My eyes?” Jaemi panicked, “It’s—It’s probably just the lighting. Um, I’ll see you next week, okay?”

 

Jaemi quickly closed the door and let out a relief sigh.

 

“Is everything okay?” JB asked.

 

“Yeah, let’s get back to work. Did you find anything new?”

 

“No, not yet.”

 

“Well, let’s keep looking.”

 

Time passed and it was almost 1 AM.

 

“Anything new?” JB asked half asleep.

 

“No…” Jaemi groaned, “We have been looking through every website about 10 times already and we have found no new information about gumihos.”

 

“Well,” JB began, “It’s getting late. You have work early in the morning and I need to get some sleep. We can continue researching later this week.”

 

“Alright. Goodnight JB.”

 

“Night,” he said before leaving.

 

Jaemi looked at her laptop screen one more time and jumped onto her bed, “Work. Woo. Hoo,” she said unenthusiastically.

 

 

Jaemi work up early in the morning to get ready.

 

“What should I wear…” Jaemi asked herself.

 

Usually, she would just pick out a random outfit Minjung gave her, but today, she tried on at least three outfits, but still, nothing satisfied her.

 

“No no, this one is too adult-like,” she said to herself.

 

She pulled up a floral dress in front of her, “No, too girly.”

 

She turned to put the dress back on her bed until she realized what she was doing.

 

“What am I doing?” she asked herself, “Why does it matter what I wear today?”

 

She shook her head to get her senses back, “You know what, I’ll just wear this one.”

 

 

Jaemi walked out her front door to be waited by a familiar Lamborghini. She stared at the car for a moment until the windows rolled down.

 

“So are you going to get in the car?” L.Joe asked.

 

“Did you come to pick me up?” Jaemi asked back.

 

L.Joe slowly drove forward, “Hurry before I drive off without you.”

 

She chuckled and walked towards the car.

 

While in the car, Jaemi got a text from her brother.

 

Hey, did you leave in the Lamborghini that was outside our house?

My Oppa

 

Yeah I did, why?

Me

 

Wow, little Jaemi has rich friends. But anyways, I just wanted to make sure. The car was sitting outside our house for at least an hour.

My Oppa

 

Jaemi put her phone away, “Um… how long did you wait outside my house?”

 

“I don’t know, a couple minutes I guess.”

 

“Oh,” Jaemi slightly smiled to herself.

 

 

They both arrived at the hotel as L.Joe walked away first.

 

“I wonder what he does,” Jaemi said to herself.

 

Curious, Jaemi walked around doing her job as well as look for L.Joe.

 

“Where in the world is he,” she whispered to herself, “I walked around this building at least 15 times already.”

 

After a few more rounds, she decided to go back to her father’s office.

 

“Did he leave early? Does he even work here?” she asked herself.

 

Confused, she laid her head on the table, but Chairman Lee walked in, making her jump up.

 

He laughed, “I hope I didn’t disturb your sleep.”

 

“No, no. I was just resting my head. Do you need me to do something?”

 

“Actually, I just wanted to talk to you about the conference I mentioned awhile ago. I know this is last minute, but we are having a conference with all the managers and leaders in this hotel tomorrow. I talked to your father and he said it would be a great idea for you to come along with him and see how the conference works. So what do you say, would you like to come?”

 

“I would be honored sir!”

 

“Great, I’ll let your father know.”

 

Chairman Lee got up to leave.

 

“Chairman Lee,” Jaemi called, “If you don’t mind me asking, what department does L.Joe work in?”

 

“Sales and Marketing, why?”

 

“I was just curious.”

 

Chairman Lee smiled and left.

 

Jaemi looked at the time, 3 PM.

 

“Three o’clock?!?” Jaemi read, “Did I really just waste my time walking around the hotel?”

 

Jaemi lightly smacked her cheeks, “Get. Yourself. Together.”

 

She quickly did some paperwork in the last hour she had before she was finished for the day.

 

Right when it was 4 PM, L.Joe knocked on her father’s door and walked in.

 

“Someone looks busy,” he said, “Ready?”

 

“Ready for what?”

 

“To go home. It’s four.”

 

“Home… right. Uh, let me finish packing.”

 

“Alright, I’ll wait in the lobby.”

 

Jaemi was packing up, but when L.Joe left, she paused.

 

“Why is he taking me to work and home?” she said to herself, “This isn’t weird, right? Your kind of boyfriend’s best friend driving you to and from work? No, it’s not weird. Yeah, no, it’s not.”

 

After convincing herself it was okay, she continued to pack up and went to the lobby to meet L.Joe.

 

“Hey, I’m ready,” she said awkwardly.

 

He turned to face her, “Great, let’s go.”

 

 

He drove to her house and dropped her off.

 

“Um, thanks for the ride.”


Jaemi got out of the car and when she opened the gates, L.Joe drove off.

 


Omg, I can't believe I'm going to college in less than a month. I'm excited, yet scared at the same time. Hopefully, I will still have time to write stories like this and meet hot guys.... :) No, I'm kidding! Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter! I will probaly upload the next chapter next week!