Chapter 14*

Hidden Raindrop

Do you have no manners?” Jaemi questioned him.

 

L.Joe gave no reaction at all, as if she wasn’t there. Annoyed by his rudeness, Jaemi kicked him again.

 

“YA! Would you quit kicking me?” L.Joe yelled, “What the heck is wrong with you?!”

 

Wrong with ME? What the heck is wrong with YOU!” Jaemi retorted back.

 

“What, what’s wrong with me. Do you have a problem with the way I am? This is my damn house and I will do whatever I want.”

 

You seriously don’t have a heart do you? Yes, it’s Ashley’s job, but at least say ‘thank you’ once in a while. Does it seriously hurt to say it?

 

“What I say or don’t say is none of your business, so don’t in.”

 

She treats you like her own son! You have someone who cares for you and is there for you, yet you treat her like nothing! You’re lucky enough to have a mother figure!” Jaemi shouted back, almost tearing up.

 

Jaemi quickly looked away when she realized what she said to him, “I’m sorry. That came out of no where.”

 

L.Joe looked at her, almost lost of words.

 

“Oh, so uh — when are the others coming? It’s almost 12:30,” Jaemi said digressively while looking at her phone for the time, “Actually, I’ll just call Jieun now.”

 

After the phone rang for 20 seconds, it went straight to voicemail.

 

That’s weird, she’s not picking up. I’ll call Kai.

 

L.Joe quickly looked up, “You have his number?

 

But before she heard him, Kai had already picked up his phone.

 

Hey, where are you?

 

“At home. Why?”

 

What do you mean ‘at home’? Aren’t we meeting at L.Joe’s house?” Jaemi questioned back.

 

“What are you talking abou —”

 

“Hey Jaemi!” a girl’s voice called elatedly.

 

“Jieun? Are you with Kai?

 

Jieun let out a small laugh, “Funny story. Kai and I aren’t coming over.”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“Yeah… Kai and I are editing the video right now. And since we are doing the editing, I’m making L.Joe and you do the presentation.”

 

“YA JIEUN! Are you kidding with me right now? How could you lie to me!

 

“HEY! If I were to tell you the truth, you wouldn’t have gone to his house. I had no choice but to twist the truth a little.”

 

Jieun, I am seriously going to —

 

“Got to go, BYE!”

 

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

 

“Ya, Jieun. Ya!” Jaemi hollered at her phone.

 

 

“Jaemi’s at L.Joe’s house right now?” Kai asked after Jieun hung up.

 

“Yeah, they should be fine though,” Jieun answered, “We just need to finish editing the film then we will be done too, so nothing to worry about.”

 

“Yeah, nothing to worry about…” Kai cooed.

 

“Well, for this scene, I think we should combine the two shots we took here…”

 

However, Kai dozed off. He couldn’t help but worry about what might happen. Of course, he knew nothing would happened, but he had this weird feeling. Possibly jealousy? He somehow wanted to be working with Jaemi instead of it being L.Joe; being next to her, seeing how she worked, getting to know her. But of course, he didn’t mind working with Jieun, he just didn’t want L.Joe to be working with Jaemi.

 

“Are you listening to me?” Jieun asked, waving her hand in front of him.

 

“Oh sorry, what did you say about this scene?”

 

 

After Jieun hung up, Jaemi didn’t dare look at L.Joe.

 

“What was that all about?” L.Joe asked.

 

“Uh… they aren’t coming…” Jaemi responded dubiously.

 

“What are you talking about?” he questioned back, confused.

 

Since they’re working on the video, she’s making us do the presentation. So technically, we’re on our own.

 

“Just like her mother,” L.Joe said under his breath.

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing, let’s work on it upstairs.”

 

“Something is really odd about them,” Jaemi mumbled to herself as she followed him upstairs.

 


Please leave a comment on what you think so far!