Last

"Ya! Park Chanyeoool!"

Did you guys think this was another non-update, boring old me making up excuses about not being able to write something? Well, here it is! I just wanna say thank you to everyone who's supported me through my first fic writing, especially those who've been avid in wishing me luck. A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO AMYWTSN FOR BEING HERE SINCE THE VERY BEGINNINGS OF THIS FIC, COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOUR IMMENSE LOVE & SUPPORT. Also to Sonia bc you're awesome for reviewing this. You guys are wonderful.  As you all know, I promised to edit the whole fic once I updated the last chapter. And I plan to do so. So here it is, the final chapter of Y!PCY!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

I SWEAR

 

Baekhyun's eyes slowly open and he lets out a sigh as he wakes up from his awkward sleeping position, sitting up against the bed's headboard and stretching his aching neck. He turns to look for the alarm clock, finding out that it was ten in the evening as he yawns. He feels the knots in his body after a tiring day of cleaning the house and stretches, his white long sleeves he'd forgotten to change out of, rising along with his arms to reveal a small patch of milky skin. Baekhyun smiles at the sudden feeling of pressure moving against his lap, finding it inch closer until something was poking his stomach, a nose. He looks down to find the culprit smiling at the warmth and chuckles when he sees the sleeping culprit's long legs dangling off the bed, white socks still on as he slept horizontally. What an awkward sleeping position. 

Baekhyun plays with the tag of the culprit's polo shirt and later, turns on their bedside lamp. 

He smiles down fondly at the sleeping culprit's face now highlighted with the light and long arms now wrapped around Baekhyun's waist, snuggling close to him. 

Chanyeol.

 

 Baekhyun finds a more comfortable position, with his back on the bed, while Chanyeol's head lay against his chest, allowing him to play with the sleeping man's soft hair. Chanyeol sighs at this, and cuddles closer to Baekhyun. Any normal person would've felt slightly claustrophobic or squished by the way Chanyeol unconsciously clung himself to Baekhyun, but he doesn't mind. The giant never practiced personal space with him anyways.

Face to face, Baekhyun moves his right hand to cup Chanyeol's cheek while his left supported his head. He admires Chanyeol's sleeping face, eyes closed shut and mouth ajar just a little bit. Baekhyun feels content just by affectionately running his thumb along the man's soft cheeks in a back and forth motion. Chanyeol's always looked like an innocent, child-like person sleeping. There's still a bit of it left. But five years have done him well and Chanyeol was now sporting a sharper jawline Baekhyun loved to trace, perceptive round eyes that could always read the other, and short black hair that contrasted to the slightly longer style that the older loved to tug at the ends, especially during their intimidate moments. Though right now, the giant was sporting a tired expression, eye bags drooping after a long flight back to Seoul. Jet lagged, which justifies why he'd knocked out minute after he'd stepped into their home, newly bought and decorated months ago.

But Chanyeol was home. 

Finally.

After just about four and a half years, no more long distance relationship.

Just complete normalcy.

Baekhyun would go to hell if he lied and said he wasn't ecstatic to have Chanyeol permanently settled back in Seoul.

Ecstatic was an understatement.

Baekhyun's feeling was a bit more like the thrilling emotion you get with all those butterflies in your stomach and you suddenly feel like taking a dump because you're that excited. Or you just want to scream it all out for the world to see and hear.

That type of thing.

 

Don't even get him started on how happy he felt to see Chanyeol back at the airport. 

 

Chanyeol is finally home.

 

 

Baekhyun, seeking ways of entertaining himself and possibly awakening Chanyeol from his deep sleep, slowly grins at the idea forming in his head, remembering what he'd used to do as a child, especially while the other was sleeping during nap time. 

Reaching over with both of his hands above Chanyeol's face, Baekhyun pries the man's eyes open with his fingers and makes the ugliest face he can conjure up, holding his laughter in while the sleeping man's eyeballs rolled until they dazedly focused on him. It takes a while for a reaction and Baekhyun's starting to think his boyfriend was that tired, when suddenly, Chanyeol groans in his sleep and Baekhyun quickly turns to let go of the giant's eyes and shifts his body so his back was facing him.

The mischievous man feels that same small dose of hilarious adrenaline in disturbing Chanyeol's sleep and feels no shame, because the man had let him sleep sitting up and caused him to wake up to a painful neck. Baekhyun wasn't about to let the man sleep while he himself was fully awake... and bored. He tries to hold in his laughter when suddenly, he's scooped back into the arms of the twenty-three year old behind him, gasping at the sudden affectionate attack of kisses as Chanyeol chuckles into his neck, finally awake himself due to Baekhyun's disturbance.

"You , you know," Chanyeol whispers, his voice still laced with sleep and warm breath causing Baekhyun to shiver. He kisses Baekhyun's neck lovingly and gives the smaller man a squeeze, earning a gasp of protest.

"Yeah, well I got bored, without you," Baekhyun laughs after finally being able to breathe. He edges himself backwards to swarm himself in his boyfriend's warmth but changes his mind and turns so they were now face to face. His eyes are crossed and their noses are poking against each other due to their close proximity, but they smile.

Baekhyun's in love.

 

"Yeah?" Baekhyun doesn't even want to complain about his man's slumber breath. "Well I was bored without you too," Chanyeol softly kisses Baekhyun's nose. "I'm fully awake now, so what do you suggest we do?" The giant peeks over at the alarm clock. "We've still got a few hours before the wedding."

"Eat?" Baekhyun states, getting up and pulling Chanyeol out of their bedroom to the kitchen downstairs. "You cook this time. I want chicken flavored ramen, extra noodles please." 

Chanyeol laughs when Baekhyun, walking around dressed in what Chanyeol recognizes as another one of his own shirts, mumbles something about their weird eating habits as he continues walking down further away. On the way to the staircase, Chanyeol smiles at the number of decorations and pictures of them displayed, each one giving their contributions to making this new home theirs. As they finally reach the last step of the staircase, Chanyeol takes a big step before swooping Baekhyun up and throwing him over his shoulders, earning giggles and weak protests from the twenty-four year old man.

"Sounds like a plan," the taller male says, placing Baekhyun down on their kitchen island's countertop. He smiles at his boyfriend, thankful for having a boyfriend who would be there to pick him up from the airport at crazy traffic hours and a best friend to share a hot bowl of ramen with at the oddest times of night. Just thankful for having Baekhyun. Period.

"It's about time I break in our home's kitchen."

"Our home," Chanyeol hears Baekhyun whisper behind him. He turns from the stove and walks back to him. Chanyeol smiles. 

"That's right. Our home."

 

 

 

"Oh my god Baekhyun, what should I do? What if your brother realizes that he doesn't love me anymore? What if Junmyeon leaves me at the altar?" Baekhyun watches his older brother's fiancé nervously wringing her flower bouquet as she peeks through the large wooden doors leading to the inside of the church. The woman must obviously be nervous if she called Suho by his real name. 

Baekhyun peeks though the doors behind Yura and finds the congregation waiting for the ceremony to start. At the altar, he can see his older brother standing beside the priest, clad in a suit as equally white as his fiancé’s wedding gown, sky blue tie wrapped around his neck. Beside Suho is Chanyeol comfortably greeting those around him and Baekhyun can't help but think he looks absolutely charming in his black suit, identical to the one Baekhyun was wearing. 

Although, Baekhyun really wants to kick the giant where it hurts for not telling him he was the one who'd called dibs on being the best man. For stealing Baekhyun's job.

Guess who's best man #2.

This guy.

Really, if his own wedding were to come around any time soon, Baekhyun would personally give his older brother the job of being the best man #00. Meaning not at all. Seriously, he's the younger brother here, not Chanyeol. But oh well, Baekhyun's got the mic later, which means any embarrassing stories Yura doesn't know yet, are his for the taking to tell.

to big brother. 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun dressed in a black fitted suit, brown hair styled back and face free of any flashy makeup except modest eyeliner, turns Yura around to face him while he hears Mr. Park chuckling behind him. Even the old man was waiting for the procession to begin. After getting a warning signal from the wedding planner, Baekhyun pulls his soon to be sister-in-law close and hurriedly gives her what she's needed to hear. 

"My brother will not leave you at the altar. If Junmyeon did, I would disown him. But get this, he wouldn't have proposed after 5 years, just to leave you standing there looking pretty. So get those wedding jitters out of your system. He loves you, you should have that engraved in your mind," Baekhyun gives her a smile before passing her back to Mr. Park and watching the two link their arms together. The two get ready and stand in front of the large wooden church doors, two men ready to open it as the ceremony begins.

Baekhyun gives Yura a final wink and says, "Your future husband waits. Go get 'em tiger," before sneaking back inside the church to stand beside his brother. 

 

 

"Is Yura alright?" Junmyeon asks his younger brother standing beside best man #1. 

"Your fiancé is a crazy lady for marrying you," Baekhyun teases. The choir across from them stands and the pianists begins to play the procession song. Meanwhile, Chanyeol grins at his teary father walking his older sister up the red carpet, flower girls throwing, well, flowers in front of them.

"Yeah well your own soon to be husband is loco for sticking with you all these years. When are you gonna tie the knot, dude?" Junmyeon softly elbows his younger brother's boyfriend. Baekhyun hisses at the comment and glares at his older brother as Chanyeol chuckles. 

"Hey don't blame me. You two are practically one. Everyone's thinking it." 

" you hyung, I'm telling Yura noona of how ugly you look when you cry."

"Baek, she's still marrying me though," Junmyeon grins.

"I'm disowning you."

"It's fine. I'm practically part of the Park Family now too."

"Shut up.”

 Junmyeon rolls his eyes but becomes distracted at the sight of his beautiful future wife walking towards him.

 "What'd you tell her this time?" Chanyeol asks from the side of his mouth. 

"That you for calling dibs on being my older brother's best man," Baekhyun replies. "Look at me, best man #2, ."

"Should've called dibs hon," Chanyeol chuckles and sneaks his left hand to clutch Baekhyun's right, their fingers automatically intertwining. Chanyeol gives a squeeze and the smaller male smiles.

The two proudly watch their older siblings say their vows and Yura practically crying Niagara at Junmyeon’s. But finally, the wedding comes to a close, their siblings sealing the deal with a kiss as Mr. and Mrs. Junmyeon Byun. The congregation stands in congratulatory applause as the couple happily smile and walk down the aisle.

Wedding bells ring up above.

 

 

 

"So when do you think you'll be sealing the deal?" Mrs. Park asks Baekhyun as they walk together towards the reception. The woman smiles when Baekhyun blushes and quickly brushes the comment away with his hands. She watches Baekhyun relaxing after finding Chanyeol hadn't been there to hear, the giant gone ahead with Baekhyun's parents. 

Baekhyun didn't want the woman implanting ideas into her son's brain. 

It's not that he doesn't see marriage with Chanyeol as a blessing. They have been dating for as long as their two older siblings. It's just, Baekhyun would rather have Chanyeol think of marriage and ask for himself, and not because others said so. It's been something he'd continuously told their persistent parents and curious friends since the finalizing of Suho and Yura's wedding and the news of Kyungsoo's and Jongin's engagement a month ago. 

Mrs. Park links her arms with Baekhyun's and pats him on the chest as she sees her son look back and give Baekhyun a smile. 

"Baekhyun dear, you think too much," the knowing woman adds. Baekhyun can only smile and quietly agree as he leads them into the large ball room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun thinks that standing here with Chanyeol at the side of the gazebo, painted white and now brightly lit against the darkening sky, has to be his second favorite moment from today. The first being their siblings' wedding. Over glasses of wine, he laughs with Chanyeol about today's events, exchanging teasing remarks and kisses on the side. Baekhyun breathes in the cold spring air and sitting beside Chanyeol on the gazebo railings, edges closer and leans his head down on the broad planes of his man's shoulders. 

"Still salty over the dibs thing." 

"Yeah well, I've always liked salty things," his comment strikes Baekhyun, who laughs at his boyfriend's random comeback.

Chanyeol watches Baekhyun, loving the sound of his laughter against the soft beatings of music coming from the reception. It’s beautiful. The music from inside though, a reminder that of their siblings' obnoxious karaoke singing. That's right; the two had ordered a karaoke machine, something about it being the first sign of their love. Frankly, it's the first sign to Chanyeol's future hearing problems. 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun feels content in his heart as he and Chanyeol sway to the soft music playing from the taller's phone in the pocket of his suit. He rolls his eyes in amusement and Chanyeol snorts. The shorter of the two recognizes the song as the theme song of the show EXO NEXT DOOR. "Beautiful", sung by one of the EXO members Chanyeol would always declare sounded and looked just like Baekhyun. But who cares about that, Baekhyun loves the song.

They would've been inside by now, had it not been Chanyeol who pulled Baekhyun back with a glint in his eyes as he said, "Let’s go back in a bit. I don't think I got to dance with you yet. Just you," and pulled the smaller into his arms, forcing him to stay just a little bit longer. They hear the opening of doors and distant sounds of people speaking, but pay no heed as they continue to immerse themselves in the other.

The reception’s been done for quite some time now. They've said their goodbyes to their siblings who were to leave for their honeymoon the next day, leaving the other two to take over their family companies. Now it was nearing midnight and Chanyeol feels the soft night breeze flow past, causing his hair to ruffle against it. He doesn't exactly know why they're still here, hours after the wedding reception, but anywhere with the man in front of him was where you'd find Chanyeol. 

Feeling the small box in the pocket of his dress pants, having retrieved it from his car earlier, Chanyeol decides that no moment beats tonight. In consideration to today's happiness, he wants to add a little bit of that into his own life, and Baekhyun's. Chanyeol sends out a quick group message before switching his phone back to his playlist and walking up to Baekhyun seated at the gazebo’s bench and pulling him up to dance with him a second time. The clock strikes midnight and in a nearby parking lot, people exit their cars, phones in hand and share knowing looks as they proceed towards the lit gazebo in the distance.

 

 

"So, I've been hearing a lot of people asking us when we'll be tying the knot,” Chanyeol says. The song playing is Ed Sheeran's "Thinking Out Loud", one of his personal favorites. 

"I know. I was sort of wishing you hadn't and they hadn't been asking," Baekhyun replies before placing his cheek against Chanyeol's chest and smelling the man's familiar scent, Baekhyun's favorite cologne.

"And why's that?" Channel asks, swaying their bodies side to side, his cheek against the elder's temple. 

"Because I don't want you thinking about marriage because of them. I want, or at least hope you think about it for yourself, because you want it for yourself."

 

The song switches to Moon Myeong Jin's "Sleepless Night" and Chanyeol couldn't have chosen a more perfect song.

"Do you remember that rough patch we had on our three year anniversary?" Chanyeol asks against his boyfriend's temple. Baekhyun hums in reply. 

"I'd been so busy with things I'd forgotten our anniversary and only remembered at the end of the day to greet you."

"That was a pretty rough patch back then," Baekhyun adds while his eyes remained closed and he listened to Moon Myeong Jin singing. 

"Yes it was. By then it was too late and you were tired of being ignored... And left me before I could even say goodbye to you when you left for Seoul."

Baekhyun thinks back to that night and how he'd packed his bags, left a note for Chanyeol and silently left for the airport before the man arrived home three hours later. 

"I remember listening to this very song and feeling like as if he'd been singing the story of my life. That night, I think I acted just like the man depicted in there," Chanyeol admits and Baekhyun thinks to himself. He's never heard this before, only knows that Chanyeol chose a flight back to Korea two days after he arrived back home and gotten Baekhyun back.

"I can't live without you. If only I had been nicer to you. If only I had been," Chanyeol sings along, swaying to the longest dance of his life. "We were in love. Because of the memories of you, sleepless. Because of the lingering love that I am yearning for and can't shake off every night, tears are flowing down my face out of control. But I don't even want to leave this pain.”

At this, Baekhyun sings along to his favorite lines. 

"Don't leave me. Please come back to me baby. Still with you. I'm with you. You are still in my heart. We were in love, love, love, love. You are still in my heart, please. We were in love. With the memories of you at the sleepless night, you should be happy."

"I remember looking at the stars that night and wishing my very own personal star was there to look at them with me."

"Yeol, it's fine. That was two years ago and what matters is you got me and I got you," Baekhyun adds, staring into his boyfriend’s eyes. He wraps his arms around Chanyeol's neck and pulls him down for a kiss. "So please change the song. As much as I love his voice, this song is making me want to cry or something."

Chanyeol laughs. 

"This song made me realize that night that all I can see is you. Think about is you. It's what got me running to the airport and taking the earliest flight back to Seoul. But I guess, I'll change it." 

Baekhyun chuckles at Chanyeol’s cheesy response.

The song skips it's ending to All 4 One's "I Swear".

 

 

"So I've been hearing a lot of people asking when we'll be tying the knot," Chanyeol grins. "Sealing the deal, you know?" 

The two have taken a break and were now sitting down on a bench. 

"Yeol, you've already told me that," Baekhyun laughs, holding Chanyeol's hand in his. 

"Well then pretend you're hearing this for the first time," Chanyeol can feel the box pressing against his left thigh, hopefully hidden by his dress coat. 

"Well, then they should probably seal their own deals first," Baekhyun chuckles. "I'm pretty sure a majority of those people are just Luhan and the guys. And our parents."

Chanyeol snorts because it's true. 

 

"Well then what if they're right? That we should seal the deal?” Chanyeol leads them back to the center of the gazebo, the chorus of “I Swear” playing in the background. How relevant to the dark star filled sky right now, Baekhyun notices.

 

“Well, if you’re thinking about marriage, I’m ready if you’re ready… But there’s no rush Chanyeol. I’ll always be here,” Baekhyun reaches up to cup his boyfriend’s cheek and rub it just as affectionately as last night. He watches Chanyeol raising the music volume, the chorus loudly audible. They continue to dance, hands clasped together, bodies close, hearts beating the same pace.

 

 

 

 

“What if I’m ready though Byun Baek?” Chanyeol reaches into his pocket, and Baekhyun watches him in surprise alarm as Chanyeol slowly kneels down on one knee, and opens the box to reveal an engagement band engraved with their initials.

Tears start to pool in Baekhyun’s eyes because damnit he’s shocked, his heart’s beating erratically, and Park Chanyeol picked the right ing songs and the right ing moment, and the ring, and everything.

“I promise I thought of a meaningful speech, but I thought this song could tell you more than what I wanted to say. So, I swear, by the moon and the stars in the sky, I’ll be there. And I swear, like the shadow that’s by your side, I’ll be there,” Chanyeol chokes on the words, but it’s worth it, seeing Baekhyun’s beautiful face looking back at him.

For better or worse,” Chanyeol continues.

 Baekhyun’s lips tremble and his tears pool down his face while he gives all his attention to his man kneeling in front of him.

Til death do us part. I’ll love you with every beat of my heart. And I swear. I swear. I swear,” Chanyeol finishes. The song continues on but all Baekhyun can focus on is the passion and determination in his boyfriend’s eyes.

“I know I’m not perfect and neither are you. We make mistakes here and there, but we always manage to make it through. But I also know that together, we become perfect. You complete me in so many ways Byun Baekhyun, in so many ways I could never think of. This proposal is by no means because of what others have said, but by my own selfish desires of wanting you by my side, until death do us part. But even then, I hope we get reborn together in the next life. I want to be there for you always, because we aren’t a “were in love” like in Sleepless Night. We are in love. And I can’t think of a moment without wanting you in it. Like the song says, I’ll love you with every single beat of my heart. I’ll make your dreams come true,” Chanyeol takes Baekhyun’s left hand in his, while his right held onto the engagement ring.

Baekhyun gasps in adrenaline and excitement, watching and hearing Chanyeol say the words he didn’t know he’d been longing to hear. Thoughts are running through his mind, like how Chanyeol managed to buy the ring without him noticing and how this moment was officially his favorite and how, his definite answer, would be “ Yes!”

“Byun Baekhyun, I love you. And I promise to cherish you every single day that we spend together or apart. I want to be that one man in your life that can always make you happy, just as you’ve done for me. Byun Baek, will you marry me?

“I Swear” goes into a loop and Baekhyun can’t help but think the song will forever be in his mind.

Their song.

The night looks beautiful, moon and stars shining brightly for those to see. But all Baekhyun needs to do is look past the tears pooled in his own eyes, and into those warm brown orbs looking up at him with love and affection, to find something more beautiful than the night sky. Nothing could have been more perfect that this.

The moment Baekhyun says yes and their families and friends finally expose themselves with video cameras and confetti at hand, Chanyeol allows the tears in his eyes to fall. Happy tears he’d been holding in since he’d placed the ring on the ring finger of Baekhyun’s left hand. Happy tears for having the balls to propose to the one he loves. The giant feels moisture on his cheeks and can’t distinguish whether they are his or Baekhyun’s tears, but he doesn’t mind. He just wants to cherish their first kiss as an engaged couple.

Standing in the center of the gazebo, surrounded by music and their loved ones, Baekhyun and Chanyeol hold each other close.

“Ya, Park Chanyeol.”

“Hmm?”

They think about how perfect of an ending this was to the ride of ups and downs in their lives. Just like the rollercoaster Baekhyun mentioned at their high school graduation. Except this time, it’s completely different.

I really, really like you,” Baekhyun hugs his best friend of eighteen years close. Who would’ve thought they’d end up here? Years from being in diapers to fully standing on their feet and ready to tackle the world together.

I love you too Byun Baekhyun,” Chanyeol squeezes him right back, that very same smile that Baekhyun loves because he knows it’s only for him to see, on his face.

Right now this was different.

Right now meant a forever.

A forever.

Together.

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

and there you have it folks! thanks for reading Y!PCY!

p. s. EPILOGUE ANY1?!

peace, xxjuly.