Cat

"Ya! Park Chanyeoool!"

Christmas lights hang on the railings and a large Christmas tree settles in the center of the mall, shining brightly and adorned with numerous ornaments. The mall's ice skating rink fills with laughter as people of all ages spend time with loved ones. A deep voice of a particular giant resonates. 

"Baekhyunnie! Baekhyunnie! Baekhyunnie ice skatiiiiing!" Chanyeol sings, his deep voice contrasting with his baby face as he hold his bestfriend's hand. He leads them toward the ice, stepping on and gaining his balance before urging the other to follow. "Oh what fun it is to skate on a cold December day. Hey!"

With his killer smile on, Chanyeol earns a couple of stares from girls pasing by. He waves to them, earning squeals of excitement. The giant chuckles to himself, 'I'm too good sometimes.' The male next to him snickers, noticing Chanyeol's smug look. He looks at the girls the giant had waved to and gives them his brightest smile, waving and saying "Hello girls!" Chanyeol who heard, looks at his smaller bestfriend and then to the girls squealing loudly and waving back.

Baekhyun looks up at him smugly and laughs, "I obviously did better with this one." 

"Seriously?" Grabbing Baekhyun's hand, Chanyeol engulfs them in warmth and guides the smaller, one step at a time on the glassy ice. 

 "There you go! You're getting the hang of it Baek! Just keep holdin' on to me."

"Channie," Chanyeol looks to the smaller male. "Has anyone ever told you that you can't sing to save a life?" Baekhyun teaes the giant, allowing himself to be led again. They skate closer to the wall. 

"I will let go of you and I hope you fall on your ." 

"As if! I can skate you know. You just won't let me go. You're acting like a dad or something. Daddy Chanyeol," Baekhyun smirks up at the giant, waiting for his reaction. Who said flirty Baekhyun couldn't be used on his bestfriend? Who cares anyway? It's not like his giant liked him back. Just all part of the plan of seeing the younger blush and stutter, which worked.

"Well then," Chanyeol pretends to cough to hide his surprise. Being called 'Daddy' by his bestfriend sounded to him and he wasn't sure if it was a good thing that his heart was thumping. He imagines Baekhyun saying that to him in bed and his heart beats a little bit faster. Oh god. 

Baekhyun studies Chanyeol's face. The other's cheeks were rosy, red hair messed up and lips still very distracting. He had the sudden urge to kiss those lush, delicious looking lips. WEEEEEEEEEOO! WEEEEEEOO! His head blew sirens, alarming him. 'Wtf? You get your head out of the clouds now Byun Baekhyun! Helloooo? Bestfriend! Not Boyfriend!" The ever oblivious Chanyeol doesn't notice the small frown on the elder's face.

"Oh yeah? Mr. I-can-do-anything-better-than-Chanyeol? It's been about twenty minutes and if I've counted correctly, you've fallen five? Eight times?" The taller laughs, grinning when Baekhyun pouts and punches his arm. "Awh, would you look at that ! Look at this pout! Need I say it? BYUN BAEKHYUN IS THE CUTEST!" Chanyeol yells at the top of his lungs causing the smaller's eyes to widen. Baekhyun shoves his hands on to the giant's mouth, looking around if anyone heard. Embarassed, he bows to other skaters before turning to glare at his bestfriend. 

"YA! Park Chanyeol! That was a lame comeback Yeollie."

"Not so sassy now are you Baekkie?"

"Shut up" Baekhyun blushes at their nicknames and at Chanyeol who's made it so their foreheads were touching. He swears that his cool only slipped because of his stupid annoying bestfriend. He can hear faint sounds of girls squealing. "OMG, look! Awh they're a gay couple! They're so cute!" More squeals. 'Wtf? Gay couple? in this society? Are these girls for this stuff? Aigoo.' Trying to get out of Chanyeol's sudden embrace, he pretends to be mad and crosses his arms.

"You don't wanna make their assumptions come true Baekhyun?" Chanyeol hugs tighter, also having heard the girls behind them and not minding if they thought he and Baek were dating. He didn't mind, he liked it, loved it even. He was proud that people thought he was dating such a package. "Hehe, you're so squishy Baek." The smaller shoves Chanyeol's face away, "Ewh no." 

"I don't need everyone in this whole mall to think I'm cute when I'm actually HANDSOME. Not cute you big goof. And I'll have you know, I'm pretty good at skating," Baekhyun pokes Chanyeol's nose. He looks back at the now semi-empty rink, noticing that many have left or gone to eat. A light bulb goes off in his head. Reeeveeeengeee. "You wanna see something Channie?" He smirks up mischievously. "It's tiiiimmmme!!~" He waves to the girls. 

"Time for what Baek?" Chanyeol looks back at the girls that are/were watching them.

Baekhhyun squirms out of the hug, Chanyeol loosens his grip on the elder's waist and the smaller places his hands on the giant's shoulders. He stares into Chanyeol's eyes, wondering how the he had the balls to do this to his bestfriend/crush right now. The giant was literally staring down at him with those pretty eyes! Oh well, his ice skating pride was on the line, might as well. Slowly leaning in, he looks at Chanyeol's lips then back to his eyes. The girls scream in excitement and thrill. Eeeeek! Baekhyun chuckles, 'Aigoooo! Those girls.' He could feel the giant tense around and he laughed in his head. Meanwhile the giant was having a mind crisis. 'Holy. Is Baek doing what I think he's doing right now? Wait! I'm not ready! Should I be or push him away? What about our friendship? Is this a joke?! Jeezus! Those lips. Have they always looked kissable? No. No, no, no. Breathe Chanyeol. Breathe.'

Bringing one hand behind Chanyeol's head and the other on his chest, Baekhyun hears the giant hold his breath in anticipation and sees him closing his eyes. Smiling brightly, the smaller takes his chance and lightly shoves the giant. Skating away, Baekhyun takes his revenge and yells at the top of his lungs, laughing at Chanyeol's face in the process. 

"TIME FOR YOU TO KISS MY YOOOOOODDDDDAAAA!" 

"YA! YOU TEASE!"

Girls pretend to faint at the almost Baekyeol kiss. Those two, SERIOUSLY?

Baekhyun felt free as he slid around the ice, his body remembering all the moves he learned and moving with great speed. After a few minutes, he speeds back to his bestfriend. He sees the girls have left and smiles.

"What's the matter fish face? Cat got your tongue?"

Finally focused again, Chanyeo grins sheepishly, rubbing his neck before furrowing his eyebrows. "Why didn't you tell me you could skate you ?! And what was that back there?!"

'He can't say the word 'kiss'. Bahahah. .'

"Well now you know!" Baekhyun laughs, snorting at the giant's angry face. He knew he wasn't mad.

Chanyeol smiles down at Baekhyun's crescented eyes and at the sound of the smaller's laughter. 'Have you always been this pretty?' He holds the still laughing Baekhyun in his arms, slowly reaching up to touch the other's soft cheeks. "Hey Baekkie? How about we go and get our hair dyed?" He waits until the other stops laughing to continue. "I don't want my red hair anymore. Let's spice up our lives a bit yeah?" They start walking out of the rink, towards the food court still in their skates. Baekhyun laughs at how Chanyeol struggles to walk with his heavy boots, the other almost falling and eating . They finally arrive and order two sets of hamburger, fries, and a shake. They wait, sitting at a round red table, teasing each other about their trek to get there. 

Baekhyun wipes the tears in his eyes from laughing and looks at Chanyeol. "Seriously? Why do you want a new look? You look hot enough right now."

"For some Chanbaek/Baekyeol time!" Baekhyun rolls his eyes at the nicknames their parents and friends gave them. Wiggling his eyebrows Chanyeol continues, "Plus you'd look hot in a lighter color my friend." He reaches across the table and touches Baekhyun's soft brown bangs. Baekhyun leans into the touch. "Girls would be all over you, my hot bestfriend. And then I wouldn't have to be the hottest guy in the school aymore!" 

"Oh god no!" Baekhyun smacks Chanyeol's hand away. "I would probably die from the stress of the sqeauling and giggling and who knows what. Imagine the confessions! The increase!" Baekhyun shivers at the image he created in his head. His giant laughs at what he thinks would be a blonde Baekhyun being chased by a mob of crazy underclassmen girls. "Plus I'm gay remember Channie? I'm too fab for those chicks," he pretends to flip his imaginary weave, making them laugh. "You can have them Yeol," Baekhyun moves next to him and elbows his bestfriend suggestively. The black beeper in Chanyeol's hand starts flashing red, informing them that their food was ready, and he runs over to get their lunch. 

"Hahah! What makes you think I'd want your fangirls?" The red head chews on his burger before stuffing a handful of fries in his mouth. Baekhyun does the same and laughs at the mess the taller makes. "Plus I have my own! I have both girls AND guys on my . Being a tall, handsome, hot, sweet, smart senior and varsity player does has its perks." Baekhyun's eyebrows rise up at Chanyeol's list.

"Oh really now? They're practically the same! We're a duo, you doofus. Haven't you heard the rumors and what they say about us? Aigooo," the elder slurps on his milkshake. He watches as the skating rink becomes full again. He sees two little kids being taught by their parents and smiles thinking of his own. He gets brought back by Chanyeol who grabs his milkshake from him.

"Nooooo? What rumors?! Tell me!" 'This could be my chance to hear what Baek thinks if we were to date!'

"Find out for yourself you weirdo," the smaller brunette snatches his drink back, glaring at the male beside him. "You have your own!" They start eating again, savoring their food and feeding their hungry bellies before continuing. 

"Those underclassmen are practically all the same Yeollie. What I'm saying is, since we're a duo literally stuck to the hip...Even though you're such an annoying, whiny, clingy bestfriend who likes to bug me everyday about food or homework or music or wanting a cuddle or being single or-"

"OKKAAAAYYYYY, get on with it Baek," Chanyeol cuts him off and Baekhyun laughs. They mix their fries together, sharing them as they finish their food. The smaller looks at Chanyeol, who dips his fries in his concoction of mayonnaise and ketchup. Typical Park Chanyeol. Baekhyun dips his own fries inside anyway.

"It's true though."

"Shut up. You love me or we wouldn't still be friends after all these year."

"Hmmmm."

"Okay go on," the taller finds two long fries and stick them in his mouth. He claps his hands pretending to be a walrus, attracting not only his bestfriend but kids around him as they laugh at his weirdness. Baekhyun teasingly pretends not to know him. Five more minutes and they were done with their lunch.

"So what I was saying is," they walk towards the lockers. "If a guy or girl likes us, they can't help but like the other! You know? Haven't you heard the rumor that underclassmen created a fanclub just for us? It's so weird! Highschool girls are weird!" Baekhyun throws his hands up and Chanyeol laughs at the dramatic act. It's only to be expected from the sassy diva and top performer in theater. "Thank goodness you're here to date those girls for me Yeollie."

They sit down on a metal bench and start taking off their skates. Baekhyun wiggles his toes. Freedom! Chanyel stands up to reach into their shared locker and take out their stuff.

"Hey now, I haven't dated since like freshman year! And Haylee moved to the U.S. Thank god, and you never know Baekkie boo. What if in that time I turned gay? Biual? Hmmm?" Chanyeol grins, eyebrows teasing Baekhyun as he places his shoes back on. 'What if Baek?'

"Oh please, you're straight as a ruler. And god I totally forgot about your crazy obsessive ex." Chanyeol doesn't know why he slightly frowns at the whole 'straight as a ruler'. Baekhyun puts his gloves back on. "But I guess that's possible. You have been rejecting girls and staying single so. But then again you might just be single forever. Or still madly in love with Haylee, " He touches the snowmen and smiles at how thoughtful Chanyeol was when it came to the cold. Baekhyun hated being cold.

The giant pretends to be shocked. "Gasp! How could you? I am a hot male full of surprises. And I thought I was in love with Haylee?  But that was my middle school mind talking, not my highschool self. Plus, I think I just liked her for her s. She was nice, but clingy. Why do you think I broke up with her?" He gets poked on the stomach.

"Please, I'll probably be in a relationship and you'll end up the third-wheel, single and alone."

"Yeah, yeah," they start walking back to turn in their skates. The girl at the counter smiles and Chanyeol can tell she thinks his Baekhyun is hot. She starts to strike up a conversation with his bestfriend as Chanyeol hands their skates to her partner. Oh geez. He says thank you before dragging the smaller male away. Dragging him away towards what sounds like an arcade, he says, "That chick was so into you. Thought you were too fab for females?" 

Baekhyun clicks his tongue, "I can't help it if I'm too attractive Chan Chan. Jealous?" The sounds of several games and of kids yelling and the blaring lights of the arcade attract them inside. Baekhyun can't help but be in awe of all the games. He hasn't been in an arcade since forever! With theater performances, Chanyeol's games or other stuff keeping him busy. 

"YES. You're mine!" Chanyeol whines, holding Baekhyun's hand. The smaller male freezes. Did he just hear what he thought he heard? Realizing what he just said Chanyeol stuttered, "O-o-of course, a-as my bestfriend that is."

Baekhyun fakes a smile, but inside he was sort of disappointed. But he understood. Park Chanyeol is not gay. He's had girlfriends to prove it! Not like he didn't either. Baekhyun did date girls before he decided that their nasally high pitched voices and fakeness of his exes were disgusting. And even if Chanyeol was gay, he wouldn't even think of Baekhyun like that. Right? Their friendship matters more. He can't help but wonder though. 'What if I confessed? Would he like me back? Am I really just imagining that all these things he does for me, how he stares at me, how he treats me so gently...is all out of friendship?' 

"Anyways, back to the point. Just cos I'm not dating doesn't mean I don't like someone. I just haven't confirmed my feelings yet," Chanyeol stops. Mouth agape, the giant points at a giant rilakumma. He wants it! The smaller pinches his cheeks and pulls him away from his obsession. "You freaking kid." The giant pinches back, laughing as he gets shoved.

"Besides Baek, I have you," Chanyeol slings an arm around the smaller's shoulders pulling him close as they walk towards a race car game. The smaller automatically wraps his arms around the taller's waist. They get a few stares from people but they didn't care, as they were comfortable. They didn't have to think about what to do either because they've done it for so long. 

"I'll be your 'anoying, whiny, clingy bestfriend who likes to bug you every day about food or homework or music or wanting a cuddle or being single,'" he teases. Baekhyun smacks him on the chest but doesn't complain, a smile on his face. "I'll bug you until we get wrinkly, grow old, and die. And once we're in heaven together, I'll bug you up there too. What more could I ask for?" Chanyeol looks down at the now silent brunette with a grin, poking his cheek to make him look up. Success. Baekhyun looks up and blushing, quickly looks down again. It felt like his bestfriend has just proposed to him, but for all the different reasons. Although, Baekhyun did like this side of Chanyeol; that's one of the reasons why he fell for him.

"What? Cat got your tongue?" Chanyeol mimicks the elder.

"Ya! Park Chanyeol!"

The taller laughs, chin on top of the smaller's head as he pulls him closer for a hug. "Revenge is sweet."