Escape

"Ya! Park Chanyeoool!"

“PAAAAAAARK CHAAAANYEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOL! I’M GONNA KILL YOU!”

Chanyeol laughs boisterously at a male figure speeding down the snowy slope on a tube sled. His right hand clutches his stomach as tears flow out from his eyes from laughter while he crosses the index and middle finger of his left in hopes that when he comes down the slope himself, he won’t be killed by his boyfriend. After looking down and seeing that Baekhyun’s finally made it down and was patiently waiting to kill him, Chanyeol fixes his black beanie over his large red ears and pulls his jeans up, shifting them before sitting down on the rubbery tube, prepping himself for the exhilarating ride down. The black tube is awkwardly small for him but he manages to fit his long limbs and bracing on the handles on either side, he looks back at an employee who then takes it as a signal and pushes him down. Holding on for his life, ice bites Chanyeol’s face as he speeds down the snowy slope, looking at other sledders and smiling widely while yelling at the top of his lungs.

“I LOVE YOU BYUN BAEKHYUUUUUUNNNNN!!!” Screw being killed by Baekhyun’s (perfect) hands.

The smell of pine and hot chocolate hangs around in the lodge. A large Christmas tree near the fireplace awes small children as they listen to an elder read them a Christmas story, their fond parents surrounding them on comfy couches. The sounds of people ordering hot drinks and snacks, the laughter of families as they take goofy pictures to commemorate the day, and the constant sound of doors swishing fill the air. The doors swing open and a gush of wind blows snowflakes inside as people in large coats and boots enter to take a rest from the exciting activities outdoors. Outside, people can be seen skiing or snowboarding, some falling on their butts or expertly make it down the slope while others are sledding or making snowmen on the side. Seated at a table on the far side of the lodge are two males staring out the window, a comfortable silence between them while they sip on their hot chocolate.

“Pushing me down while I was unprepared was so immature Yeol,” Baekhyun sips on his chocolate, the hot drink warming up his gloved hands while he speaks to the giant across from him. He pouts when his boyfriend lightly chuckles and reaches over to pat the male’s cup up, in efforts to get his revenge by making his boyfriend spill his drink. He’s glad though when he fails, because he’d have to clean up the mess later. “Ya, Park Chanyeol. Apologize to your sweet, sweet boyfriend.”

“I wouldn’t say sweet when you were the one throwing snowballs at me earlier. I think it’s justified that I take my revenge by pushing you down to your horrible screaming death,” Chanyeol teases through a smirk. “But then again, what would my lonely do when the love of my life is gone? Having passed from tube sledding? I would gladly shove myself in a pile of snowballs and freeze. Just for you.”

“You’re crazy,” the smaller of the two throws a crumpled tissue at the other and laughs. “Me? Gone? Over my dead body. Wait. No. Ugh, never mind.”

Chanyeol laughs at his boyfriend’s failed attempt and scoots his chair over to him. Sneaking a glance around the lodge and finding that no one’s looking their way, he swings his left arm around Baekhyun and gives the male a kiss, right dab smack on the cheek. He does it a couple more times when the other doesn’t give the usual reaction until Baekhyun’s full of giggles and of kisses. The way the elder’s eyes crinkle at the edges when he smiles widely makes Chanyeol’s body fill with warmth and he thinks that whatever heat hot chocolate gave him, it couldn’t beat the way Baekhyun makes him feel. He presses another kiss on Baekhyun’s temple, the other having silently forgiven him for his immature prank.

“These gloves are proving very useful these days huh?” Chanyeol smiles fondly at Baekhyun’s gloved hands, the snowmen patterned red things protecting the elder male’s and his own providing more warmth when he engulfs them in his large hands.

“Mmmm, yeah,” Baekhyun smiles, intertwining their hands and squeezing the younger’s.  Chanyeol’s red hair makes his silky face look even whiter, but today it’s the snow. Baekhyun’s eyes wander around his boyfriend’s face, studying the way the tip of his nose has turned red, his ears and cheeks  also flushed with bright pink coloring them. His eyes wander down south to Chanyeol’s red lips, somewhat chapped from having been bitten by the snow but all the while still very big and tempting. Baekhyun blushes when he sees that Chanyeol’s been staring right back at him for a while, a knowing grin plastered on his face.

“I-I wasn’t staring just so you know,” Baekhyun stutters while toying with his cup. Dang you Park Chanyeol.

“Mhmmmmm, sure,” Chanyeol grins down at his boyfriend. The red head finishes his left over hot chocolate and chews on the floating marshmallows. “Hey, wanna go back to our rooms? I think I’m done for the day.”

“Yeah, let’s go,” the duo make their way out of the lodge, standing side by side and not holding hands this time to avoid curious stares pointed their way. The dirtied snow crunch beneath their large boots and their puffed breaths can be seen as they make their way to a large building close by from the lodge.

 If Baekhyun and Chanyeol could have it their way they’d hold hands, kiss and laugh with each other however they wanted, but then it wouldn’t look like they were just best friends instead of a couple anymore (with which they were both). Dang you curious passerbys. Plus there’s also the thought of their hawk eyed mothers the two have known to be obviously spying on them for the past four days they‘ve been at the resort. Instead, the two settle for an arm around the shoulders, a hug here and there and a push or shove to get each other’s attention while outside. Park Chanyeol being the dare-devil, quite often sneaks a couple kisses and a squeeze of Baekhyun’s apparently ‘bubbly ’, which makes the receiver blush and or smack the taller male because of embarrassment and excited fear.

 It’s been four days since their families arrived at the resort for a Byun-Park Christmas Escape, the adults haven taken a week off from whatever work they needed to do to spend time with their children before Christmas day. It’s a different take from the usual Christmas get togethers but this was fun too. Now back to the point. The Byuns and Parks had paid for their own respectable rooms and set themselves nearby so that they could plan things together. The first few days of the escape were spent together going to night shows, skiing, snowboarding, touring around and keeping warm inside after a fun day in the cold. After a while the adults left their children to spend the last three days without them while they had their own fun time. Yura and Suho were often spotted in the hot spas where they relieved their stress from college while their parents were off on double dates somewhere else, leaving Chanyeol and Baekhyun to themselves. (Which by the way is a plus for Chanyeol who gets to tease Baekhyun more.)

The ParkByun parents at first had wanted their families to room together in suites, but with the growing needs of privacy and the constant complaints of Yura, Suho, Chanyeol and Baekhyun (and the mothers), the fathers were left to schedule separate rooms. Yura and Suho gladly took their keys from their parents, relieved that they wouldn’t have to room with disgustingly sappy parents or distracting little siblings and could actually relax. Chanyeol and Baekhyun, having expected to have their individual rooms just like their older siblings were taken by surprise when their mothers (with happy grins) gave them one key and a room to share. Hence why Baekhyun and Chanyeol were now in front of their shared room, the giant watching the smaller fumble with the card before the lock blinked green.

At first, they shoved it off with the reason that it was because they’re best friends and practically share everything but as days passed by, the growing suspicion (actually suggested by Chanyeol) that their sneaky mothers had purposely asked their apparently all too willing fathers to put them together, became way too obvious when one of the two caught their mothers spying them on one of their getaways. These sneaky ladies.

The duo enters their room and take off their large black coats, leaving them in the closet while they place their wet boots on a mat near the door. Baekhyun swiftly goes to the bathroom with a stack of change clothes, claiming that the ones he wore are too uncomfortably cold and wet. Chanyeol chuckles and does the same, opting to change outside while Baekhyun was gone. The giant pads over to his and Baekhyun’s suitcases, chuckling when he sees Baekhyun’s clothes are popping out of his luggage and goes over to fix them. Once he’s done, he searches inside his own suitcase and opts for black jeans and a red flannel. He decides to fix his hair while he’s at it, standing in front of the mirror and shuffling his hair with his gel filled hand. Chanyeol stares at his reflection and notices that’s he’s wearing a lot of red, laughing before going back to the table and reaching over for his phone to listen to 2NE1 before jumping on the bed to wait for his boyfriend.

“Oof! Baekhyun get your big off me,” Chanyeol groans beneath the weight of Baekhyun who’s now sitting on his back. He’s sprawled like a star on their shared bed and relishing in the fluff and dryness of it all.

“Psh, big my ,” Baekhyun hops off his boyfriend and moves to turn on the TV, reaching over to the bedside table for the black remote. He turns it on to watch reruns of Inkigayo, where he sees the episode is one with BTS’s performances and hums to the song. Baekhyun looks over to his unmoving boyfriend and pokes the giant on the side with his toe, snorting when Chanyeol moves to the side to get away. Hehe, ticklish Chanyeol. Baekhyun’s eyes move back to the TV where he sees Jimin radiating with y.

“Oh my god, Jimin. Yes, slaaaaaaay,” the elder male raises the volume and lays down on his stomach to watch the performance as the said idol moves, his toned muscles already visible for Baekhyun’s eyes to see. “Ugh, yes BTS. You go.” The smaller male clad in a pair of light blue jeans and a white long sleeve gapes in surprise when Jimin does his fan service of taking off his shirt to show his toned muscles. He can’t help the squeal that comes out because oh hot damn this boy. Baekhyun fails to notice the pout of his (equally hot) boyfriend beside him. He watches when it’s Jungook’s turn, the young male with such a sweet voice.

“Ya, Byun Baekhyun,” Chanyeol shifts his body, choosing to sit up next to Baekhyun and watch Inkigayo. He fails to see just what’s so good about the guy his boyfriend’s fanboying about and settles with poking the elder on the cheek to gain his attention. “Baekkie. Baekhyun. Hyun Baek. Ya! Your boyfriend here!”

“Hmmm?” Baekhyun peeks at his giant before turning back towards the TV. He can practically hear the way Chanyeol’s pouting without even looking at him and Baekhyun hides his grin.

“Ya, Byun Baekhyun. What does Jimin have that I don’t?” Baekhyun chooses then to lower the volume and turn towards Chanyeol, a smirk on his face when he crosses his arms. Baekhyun can sense that Chanyeol’s trying to hide the jealousy with a blank face and decides to tease his boyfriend just a little bit more.

“Hot, y, abs Yeollie,” the blonde male emphasizes the word y and smirks at Chanyeol’s obvious frown, only taken aback when Chanyeol starts to lift up his shirt to complain. Holy asdkfhafdkfslafd!

“What?? What abs?” Chanyeol starts lifting up his red flannel and pats his similar toned and muscular abdominals. “What was the point of me joining basketball if I didn’t want to be physically fit and active?” He looks up at Baekhyun, noticing the way the other’s eyes have become saucers and his cheeks tinted with blush. Chanyeol’s brain then clicks and he realizes that his small boyfriend was only teasing him. Alright, two can play.

“Want me to show you my abs Baek?” Hiding his smirk, Chanyeol starts ing his flannel, one by one increasing the way Baekhyun’s eyes grow large. He chuckles when he notices Baekhyun gulp but remains still, his eyes studying his every move. Meanwhile, Baekhyun’s hyperventilating in his head.

‘Holy . What do I do? Omg, we’ve only dated for about two weeks and he’s already going in front of me. Hehoheho. I don’t know whether to be happy that he’s taking off his shirt and I seeing his abs or completely be responsible Kyungsoo and kick his for showing personal content. Wait no, who am I kidding?’

Chanyeol starts to worry when he sees Baekhyun zoning out. His boyfriend hasn’t blinked in about a minute and he’s beginning to wonder why the elder has a dazed almost fawning look on his face. He starts snapping his fingers in front of his face. “Baek. Hello? Baekhyun?”

“Huh?! WHAT?!” Baekhyun shakes himself from his daydream and focuses on Chanyeol, eyes widening again when he looks at the opened flannel and remembers what was happening. Thank god Chanyeol was wearing an undershirt, because hohoho. “YA! PARK CHANYEOL! Fix your shirt you ert!” Baekhyun moves forward, his fingers furiously buttoning the other’s shirt back up to prevent any further seduction. He has a burning blush on his face and gosh he feels like a high school girl.

“It’s not like you haven’t seen me without a shirt on Baek,” Chanyeol chuckles, grabbing onto Baekhyun’s wrists once the elder finished fixing his shirt. The giant tackles the smaller male and forces them to fall back onto the bed. His arms wrap around Baekhyun’s slim body and his legs tangle with the elders, their fuzzy socks rubbing at each other’s legs. Pulling the covers over them, Chanyeol snuggles his cheek on to Baekhyun’s head and sighs in comfort, pulling the male closer for warmth. “Let’s take a nap yeah?”

“Park Chanyeol, I can’t ing breath you ,” Baekhyun forces himself out of Chanyeol’s tight embrace for breathing space and snuggles into a more comfortable position, Chanyeol’s arm draped over his waist while he listens to the younger’s heartbeat. “It’s four though and dinner’s in a couple hours.”

“Eh, we’ll wake up by then. We’ve got nothing better to do and I’m tired from all the sledding we did.”

“Mmmm….”

“Hey Baek.”

“Yeah?” Baekhyun looks up to face Chanyeol who has his eyes closed, looking back down after and breathing in the younger’s scent. His favorite smell of strawberries fills his nostrils and he remembers this morning’s event when he practically smacked a hand full of strawberry scented lotion on the younger’s skin. Baekhyun chuckles at the thought.

“Did you see our moms earlier?”

“No, why?”

“I think I saw them watching us in the lodge or something. I don’t know, but while we were sledding I had the feeling like we were being watched but once I looked, there was no one there,” Chanyeol remembers earlier when he was practically seething with jealousy at one of the male employee striking up a conversation with Baekhyun and he suddenly thought he heard familiar laughter. “By the way, were you trying to make me jealous with the employee earlier?”

Baekhyun opens his eyes, a grin forming with his lips. “Uh, nooooooo?”

“Yeah right. I could tell you were you meannie.”

“Love you too! But honestly I’m relieved that our moms weren’t around us today. I’m getting tired of running away from them or hiding from their sneaky eyes once they know where we’re going. I thought this was a getaway not a stalk-your-sons escape. It’s getting harder to hide the fact that we’re dating when they stalk us almost all the time. Sheesh,” the smaller male huffs.

“Remember when we busted them trying to follow us yesterday while we were taking a walk?” Chanyeol laughs, poking Baekhyun’s cheek.

“We really need to try harder hiding from them. I mean, I’m cool with them knowing that we’re dating and all but I can just imagine our families oozing with happiness and smug when we finally tell them. I can practically hear the I told you so’s. The ones from the guys are enough already,” Baekhyun rolls his eyes and snuggles closer. “It’d be nice to have some more alone time before we tell them we’re dating, you know?”

“I gotchuuu. It’s been fun with our little adventures and hideouts anyways. Haha,” Chanyeol smiles thinking about all the breathtaking running around they’ve done for the past two days. “But hey, we’re going to tell them soon right?” Chanyeol looks down at his boyfriend, a questioning look on his face and meets Baekhyun. It’s only been about two weeks, but Chanyeol feels like they’ve been dating for the whole time they’ve known each other. Twelve whole years with Byun Baekhyun. Twelve!

Baekhyun knows the younger’s been itching to tell their parents and he is too, but what’s the rush? “I wanna tell them too. I just want more time with my handsome boyfriend. But of course Yeollie-patootie.” Baekhyun pecks him on the chin and smiles before snuggling once again and closing his eyes.

“Okay then,” the giant pecks the smaller male on the forehead and reaches over to turn off the TV. He shifts back and closes his eyes, wrapping his arms around the smaller male. “See you in my dreams Baekkie-wakey.”

Ugh, Park Chanyeol you need to make a new nickname.”

“What? Why? It’s cute!”

“Oh my god. Just sleep.”