Nine Cooks

"Ya! Park Chanyeoool!"

"Jongin, hurry and come over to hyung's house before I go to jail for strangling a Park Chanyeol," Kyungsoo hisses into his phone once he knows his boyfriend has picked up and once again glares at a guilty Chanyeol who's made another mess. Kyungsoo hangs up when his boyfriend tells him he's coming in a bit and sighs, marching towards his hyung and starts cleaning the guy's floury face up. 

"Hyung, I can't help you cook for your date if you can't stay still for just five minutes without creating a mess in the kitchen," Kyungsoo wipes at a pouting Chanyeol's face. "This is unhealthy, you know, me having to step in and act like your parent when you're the older one."

"I know," Chanyeol slumps in his seat, "I just really wanted to help by getting started on the cake while you were cooking your kimchi spaghetti. And I thought, since I can't cook I might as well bake. I'm sorry Soo."

 "I forgive you," the doe eyed male replies. He finally smiles at Chanyeol, his steaming frustration leaving his body replaced with warmth for his hyung. "Hey, well at least we know you can't cook or bake for .  That's gotta be one good thing right?"

 

"Chen hyung, Xiumin hyung, can you help Chanyeol hyung with the cake please?"

"Tao! Stop eating the god damn ing strawberries, I ing swear! Kris hyung, keep your panda's fingers away!"

"Uhhh, Soo? Why don't you take a break? I can handle the guys."

"No, no, no. This kitchen would burn down if I left you guys alone. Proceed with your cooking."

"OH MY FUC- WHERE'S THE KIMCHI?!"

 

Chanyeol scans his living room, 8 other guys lying around and equally tired from three hours of preparing for his surprise dinner for Baekhyun. A bouquet of white flowers lies at the dinner table, surrounded by servings of food that Kyungsoo, Luhan, Kris and Xiumin had managed to cook in between spills and other mess made by everyone else, especially Chanyeol. 

His friends are like Chanyeol's own little army of servants angels who unvoluntarily came over to his house after Jongin falsely bribed them with food should they help. When Jongin had told Chanyeol of this 'award', he'd kicked Jongin and sweetly asked if Kyungsoo could make food for 8 other mouths. The doe eyed male, albeit with a wipe to his forehead and a tired sigh, willingly complied, grumbling something about how Chanyeol was lucky he loved cooking. Now here they were, sitting in the living room like a bunch of teenage girls at a sleepover with stacks of food piled up in the kithen.

Having decided that his friends might as well stay and eat before he called Baekhyun over, Chanyeol let his eyes wander from his friends. His cell phone rings and he doesn't notice Luhan and Chen sneaking up the stairs and coming back with a small box. The giant unlocks the message from Baekhyun. Naturally. Just because Chanyeol's 'sick', doesn't mean he's too 'sick' to talk to his boyfriend. Which might explain the dried strawberry frosting on his phone case and the slight smell of egg having mindlessly placed it down on a yolk splattered kitchen counter while bothering Kyungsoo. Chanyeol texts back and closes his eyes, resting them for only a second before Luhan shocks him with a whisper in his ear. 

"Hey Chanyeol, let's dye your hair black. It's too red, you stick out like a sore thumb. Big no no."

"Ack!"

 

From Sweet B<3 3:30 pm: Hey Yeol, I'm bored again :p

From Prince C<3 3:31 pm: Hi sweetheart, wassup bro?

From Sweet B<3 3:33 pm: I hope you know I'm rolling my eyes 

From Prince C<3 3:38 pm: Warming up your eyes so you can stare at me longer? ;P

From Sweet B<3 3:39 pm: swerve

From Prince C<3 3:42 pm: Into your heart ;)

From Sweet B<3 3:44 pm: You wish

From Prince C<3 3:45 pm: I know you miss my sick but y self

From Sweet B<3 3:48 pm: Yeah yeah, get better quickly. I'm itching for one of your sweet kisses already :(

From Prince C<3 3:49 pm: Will do honey B (:  

 

Baekhyun hums to himself while he sits back and allows his fingers, feet and head to be massaged by professional hands, exerting half of his energy into paying attention to the three women beside him in the spa. Whereas he should be spending their two months with Chanyeol, he's spending it with their mothers and the giant's sister doing nothing but following them around on their girl's day. Now he's relaxing and listening to how cucumbers help soothe the eye area. He scoffs. He absolutely dislikes the vegetable, this dislike causing him to have complete awareness whenever it's around. He'd been grossed out when Yura had eaten one and their mothers followed but as much as he hates it, cucumbers do feel soothing, the cooling sensation relaxing to his eyes.

But he's still not going to eat it. Ever. 

He's not one to complain though. In just 3-4 hours, he'd tried yoga for the first time, eaten 4 cones of his favorite strawberry ice cream, gotten a haircut and new dye, and unconsciously bought clothes he thought would look good on Chanyeol him. It's been quite eventful really. He'd been flirted on by the yoga instructor despite his flushed reply of "Sorry, I'm taken!" and Yura giggling beside him. He consumed lots of calories eating ice cream, but nothing he didn't exercise out with all the walking he's done. He's sporting newly cut and dyed black hair instead of his dirty blonde and now he's sitting in a massage place Chanyeol's mom said her son had gotten them free massage coupons for. Now isn't that son wonderful?

If this was Chanyoel's way of apologizing for being sick on their monthsary, then wow, he is wonderful. His hopes were crushed, Baekhyun'd admit, but knowing Chanyeol felt the same convinced him sulking over their missed date did nothing. Instead here he was texting a sick Chanyeol the whole time since he's left his house and awkwardly trying to hide the grin he gets from reading Chanyeol's cheesy dumb pick up lines. Like seriously. A new text  from his boyfriend causes Baekhyun to let out a small snort, reading it before laying back on his seat once again. 

From Prince C<3 4:10 pm: HelP mE!111! IM JusT aBout dyInG in mY own HoUSe D: 

 

Chanyeol eyes the dangerously shining scissors Tao is holding and visibly gulps as the thing comes closer to his head. He hears the first snip and his hair falls down to the floor. 

"Oh my god hyung, calm the down, I know how to cut hair okay?" Tao says. Beside him are Sehun and Chen holding a broom and a dustpan and Luhan working to ready the black hair dye he surprised Chanyeol with. 

"How could you let your hair get this long hyung? You literally look like Coconut head from Ned's Declassified," Tao snips away, Chanyeol beginning to think he should kick Chen's for giving their friends the idea in the first place.

"Baekhyun never said anything about it," Chanyeol mumbles.

"That's because he's your boyfriend and he's too blinded with love for you," Jongin adds.

"I'm done!" Tao sweeps any hair residue off Chanyeol's shoulders, leaving the job for Jongin and Chen, and twirls Chanyeol around, the giant staring at his reflection to see an amused Wushu panda. "I told you I know how to cut hair." 

Chanyeol plays with his new haircut, his strands a bit shorter, spikier, and slightly swept to the side. Chanyeol admits he looks good. They're not as short as his hair freshman year when Baekhyun'd accidentally stuck gum on his bangs. 

"Wait Tao, were we supposed to dye his hair first before cutting it?" Luhan asks as he looks at the dye instructions. Tao shrugs and leaves Luhan to do his business, with Jongin and Chen under his arms, saying something like "Guys, I think I got some of his hair up my nose. Gross." 

"It's 30 minutes til five, how long is this dye going to take?" Chanyeol asks as Luhan finally places a plastic bag over his hair.

"About 20 minutes I guess," Luhan replies.

"Wait, but that's when Baekhyun's coming back. I told my mom to bring him over to our house at five."

"Well then you're gonna have to pretend being sick with a plastic bag on your head. I'm gonna run and eat now."

"Hyung!"

Luhan laughs as he runs out of Chanyeol's bathroom and down the stairs, the giant catching up to him thanks to his long limbs when suddenly the doorbell rings and the world begins to end for Chanyeol. He signals for the guys to play it cool, and quickly asks Kyungsoo and Luhan if they could take care of it as he runs up to his room, mind scrambling for reasons as to why they're early. Kris and Chen snicker at the sight while Kyungsoo walks over to open the door. In his room, Chanyeol looks out the window and sees his mom's car. He manages to find a beanie and puts it on to cover the plastic bag on his head, spraying some AXE to stifle the smell of hair dye. 

Kyungsoo opens the door and greets the Parks, calmly letting them into their own house as if it were his and asking them where the Byuns were. 

"Oh Baekhyun's actually coming in a little bit, about 20 minutes. Yura and I are just here to drop off our stuff before heading back out with Baekhyun's mom to try out this new restaurant she told us about," Mrs. Park winks at Kyungsoo and greets the boys. Yura leaves to drop their things off in their rooms before knocking on her little brother's door and laughing at the sight of Chanyeol and his beanie.

"What the hell is this?" Yura laughs. "Do I smell hair dye?" 

"Yeah," her brother sits up from his bed, "the guys forced a haircut and dye on me."

"Nice friends," Yura smiles, walking over to poke her brother on the cheek. "How's the plans going?"

"Cooking's done, I just needa set up. Baekhyun here or is he next door?"

"Next door. No worries, he's not coming over for another 20 minutes. How long's this thing been on?" 

"About 15 minutes now."

"Oh god, okay let's go wash it off before something happens to your hair."

 

-Twenty minutes later-

"Yeol, why are the guys' parked in your driveway and why are you out of your bed?" Baekhyun asks his boyfriend as he enters the Park household. Chanyeol only smiles at him and with that sparkle in the giant's eyes, Baekhyun begins to think his boyfriend was never sick in the first place.

"SURPRISE! HAPPY TWO MONTHS CHANBAEK!"

Baekhyun's eyes widen and he's shocked at the sight of their friends jumping out from behind the couches in the living room. There's balloons everywhere and Chen's making a fool of himself as he dances to the music now playing from the speakers. The others greet Baekhyun with a hug and smoothly break free to give the two their space. Chanyeol laughs and leads Baekhyun hand in hand towards the dining area and walks over to the table to get the flower bouquet.

"For you," he says, handing the white roses to Baekhyun. The elder male sniffs it and smiles before softly pinching Chanyeol on the cheek. 

"Ya, Park Chanyeol, what the hell is this?! I thought you were home sick and dying you pabo!" Baekhyun makes his way over to the table and eyes the cake, Chanyeol chuckling when the smaller male sticks a finger in the frosting and it. 

"Wellll, I had to think of something so I could prepare this."

"Mmmmm, this cake is yummy! Wait, is that kimchi spaghetti?!" Baekhyun walks over to the bowl and gasps, turning to Kyungsoo and hugging him. "Soo! Dude, I love you!"

"Hey, we helped too," Baekhyun laughs at the others, the guys already with their own plates of food in their hands. 

"Thanks guys! Wow, this is amazing. And you guys all say we shouldn't have a picnic."

"Well this was strictly Chanyeol's surprise dinner for two but he needed help with preparing and here we are," Kris adds with a snicker. "He wouldn't have remembered to even buy you those flowers if I hadn't come along and reminded him."

"Hyung, shhhh!" Chanyeol groans, making the others laugh.

"Well, we're gonna leave you guys here. Alone," Luhan ushers the others out of the dining area and into the living room, the maknaes turning on the TV in search for a good movie. Chanyeol winks at Kyungsoo who then rolls his eyes and smiles as he pushes Baekhyun and Chanyeol towards the small dining table he's set the food on. 

"Have fun!"

 

"Well, this is quite a surprise," Baekhyun smiles at his boyfriend sitting across from him. Chanyeol hands him the bowl of kimchi spaghetti and grabs a piece of chicken for himself as the other places the pasta on their plates. Chanyeol moves to fill their cups with soda and chuckles at the sound of the guys yelling at the TV in the next room.

"Yeah, well it's not the cliche fancy dinner but this'll do right?" Chanyeol grins.

"Of course it does," Baekhyun replies. "You know, I actually thought that you were sick. And thanks for what I'm guessing our moms and Yura kidnapping me for the day," Baekhyun jokingly glares at his boyfriend. "Oh and the massages," he smiles. 

Chanyeol grins wider and winks at his boyfriend. 

"Best boyfriend award goes to me right?"

"Best boyfriend award goes to Park Chanyeol," Baekhyun chuckles in reply.

"Happy two months Sweet B. I really really like you," Chanyeol says, their own way of saying I love you to each other. He leans across the table, meeting Baekhyun halfway as they meet each other's lips. Chanyeol can taste the spaghetti's sauce and Baekhyun the chicken, but who cares? They've been deprived of kisses the whole day.

"I really really like you too Prince C," Baekhyun whispers, smiling into the kiss and feeling Chanyeol do the same.

 

"Hey Baek, did you dye your hair black too?"