January

"Ya! Park Chanyeoool!"

Baekhyun and Chanyeol saunter into class holding hands while laughing about some joke the giant had said with a very distressed Kyungsoo and clingy Jongin in tow. The two younger males stay behind at the door, Kyungsoo leaning back on the wall looking up at his boyfriend and one of Jongin’s arms at the side of his head with a sneaky smirk on Jongin’s face.

"Kim ing Jongin! You. Have. Lasted. Years. Not. Knowing. Of. My. Existence,” Kyungsoo breaths out after one of Jongin’s many kiss attacks that leave him breathless. “I think you can last not seeing me for another 2 hours, damnit!" Kyungsoo smacks the younger's clingy hands and sighs when he gets a pout.

“But Kyuuuungiiiieeeeeee, it’s our anniversary! I think I deserve to be clingy,” Jongin replies with a pout. The blonde male stands in front of his boyfriend, arms crossed, and feet in a stubborn stance.

Deserve to be clingy, Kyungsoo’s .

All the squishy male knows is that his boyfriend had been everything but not clingy. His boyfriend had greeted him with a stuffed animal and chocolates this morning. Jongin had walked him to every class holding all of Kyungsoo’s things and making him embarrassed. At lunch, Jongin had actually brought his own home cooked food and demanded that Kyungsoo feed him. Then he’d pulled out chocolate covered strawberries as a surprise and whined until he was allowed to feed Kyungsoo by hand. Chocolate covered strawberries or not, Jongin is a very sneaky boyfriend who likes to either pamper Kyungsoo or annoy the out of him. Sometimes Kyungsoo wonders how they’ve lasted for two years.

The warning bell rings and in his desperateness Kyungsoo sighs, looks for any teachers around and suddenly grabs a very smug Jongin down for a kiss.

“There!” Kyungsoo huffs, although still in heaven, when he ends the kiss, “now leave! Before you get a detention! I’ll see you after school okay? Sheesh stop kissing me,” The smaller male shoves Jongin away to his last class, pushing the taller’s back past a couple of lockers and secretly smiling only when Jongin pecks him on the cheek and laughs as he sprints down the halls.

“Bye Kyuuuuuuungggggiiieeeee!”

“Yeah yeah.”

Kyungsoo plops down beside Baekhyun with a sigh and Baekhyun gives him a smirk.

“Too much love in paradise?” Baekhyun asks while patting the younger on the back. The final bell has rung and their classmates are now bustling around the large classroom while Ms. Kim takes roll. Baekhyun raises his hand and Kyungsoo follows.

“You said it. Jongin’s just being super clingy today and I’d usually be able to return it, but we’re at school! He’s making me jumpy and I don’t want us to get in trouble for PDA,” Kyungsoo (one of the smartest, responsible 2nd years) groans.

“Hey at least you have Jongin’s love,” Chanyeol teases. “I give him so much as a compliment and he shoves it away. You know, you do that too Kyung,” Chanyeol observes. “Now that I think about it, you guys are the perfect couple,” he adds and laughs when Kyungsoo glares at him.

“Really Chanyeol?” Baekhyun says when he turns to his boyfriend, shutting him up immediately. Baekhyun gives him the evil eye before turning to Kyungsoo and chuckling. “I’m sure it’s just because Jongin loves you very much and he’s happy that you’ve lasted that long. Happy two years! And I mean look here,” Baekhyun points to Chanyeol behind him. “Chanyeol and I have only been dating for about two months and I’m pretty sure he’ll be just like Nini soon.”

“Hey!” Chanyeol retorts and Kyungsoo laughs with Baekhyun.

“I’m pretty sure he’s already clingy in his own way hyung,” Kyungsoo says with a grin, “But good luck on your two months.”

“Uh hello? Guy you’re talking about still in front of you. You know, in hearing distance?”

“Shhh, don’t listen to him Soo,” Baekhyun replies with a smile.

Kyungsoo watches with a grin the two lovebirds he calls friends talk between themselves, Chanyeol pulling Baekhyun close to whisper into his ear and the blonde male laughing at the tickle. Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. Friend PDA. Gross.

“Alright! Hello my lovely potatoes! I’ve passed out after school practice schedules for this month to everyone so make sure you look at that,” Ms. Kim greets her class, paper rustling in the background. “As you guys can see, it’s still from 3-5 pm every Tuesday and Thursday and there’s not that many practices. We have many seniors here preparing for college and I’m sure you guys also have lives so here’s my way of being an awesome teacher,” cheers erupt. “We have our first next week. And as my old students already know, I start every year with a quirky plan,” she laughs when her new students suddenly look up with anxiety. “I’d been having too much fun during break that I didn’t really think of one and so this year, I’ve actually had a volunteer! A student from my third period yesterday had suggested something I thought would be fun.”

“Does it have to be acting Ms. Kim? I’m not very good at that,” a 1st year asks.

“No, no,” their teacher says while grabbing her megaphone off her desk and turning it on. “Instead it’s going to be ‘THEMED MUSIC WEEK EVERY WEEK JANUARY’!” Ms. Kim yells with her favorite toy.  

“AGH!!!!!”

“Ms. Kim turn it off!”

“What the hell?!”

“My eardrums!”

“MWAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHH! TAKE THAT POTATOES!” the woman turns off the megaphone with a chuckle at her students clutching their ears. “Anyways, that’s how this month’s going to be! During class we’re going to pick our songs, partners or groups and you guys will practice. And every after school practice, you guys and third period will join and watch each other’s performances. Doesn’t that sound fun?! This week’s assignment is Disney. So hop to it! First after school next week.”

Groans erupt around the room like usual when involved with their teacher’s craziness but the assignment is met with excited students grouping together in hushed whispers to decide what they’ll perform. Some third years have chosen to partner up with a couple of relieved and shy first and second years to help them be more comfortable with the assignment. The class gradually fills with the sounds of guitars and pianos being played, students singing and laughing, and the sound of keyboards as some search up lyrics and music sheets.

 “Wait,” Baekhyun asks his favorite teacher, walking over to her when she passes by. He’s still seated with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo, the three deciding to stick together and perform an acoustic song cover for the project. Kyungsoo’s discussing what song they should perform with Chanyeol who’s now holding a guitar.

Ms. Kim stops in front of the blonde male and hums, “Hmmm?”

“I’m not saying the idea but who suggested this exactly?”

“Oh! Two of my new students actually! Song Haylee and Kim Taeyeon!” Ms. Kim smiles, not noticing Baekhyun freeze in shock. “I had Haylee in my class for her first year but she left for America. From what I remember she’s a very good performer, a little diva, but performer nonetheless.

“Hey Baek, we have a song,” Chanyeol calls over to his boyfriend and stands up and walks over to the blonde male with Kyungsoo. The two notice Baekhyun silently listening to their teacher.

“Kim Taeyeon is simply adorable! She sings very well, I’m so surprised! I’d thought she was a soft spoken girl but she’s really not. A lot of guys started going for her after we heard her introduction. Apparently, she’d gone to school here her first year too but transferred to an all girl’s school? Now she’s back,” the woman gushes over her new additions.

‘Kim Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon. Let’s see.’ Kyungsoo thinks and later turns to Chanyeol beside him. “Hyung why does that name sound fam-“ The younger male is interrupted by the frown on Chanyeol’s face and notices the small one on Baekhyun’s as well.

“Ahhhhh, so that’s where the idea came from! Well, thanks Ms. Kim, we’ll start practicing now,” Chanyeol says, waving bye to the teacher. “Baek?” Chanyeol looks worriedly to his silent boyfriend. “You okay?”

“Hyung, why does the name Kim Taeyeon sound familiar?” Kyungsoo asks Chanyeol again.  This time Baekhyun speaks up, the answer coming in the form of a silent shocked mumble.

“Kim Taeyeon. I told you about her before Soo. My ex.”

“Wait, the Kim Taeyeon? As in your popular musical partner in crime ex-girlfriend? From first year?” Kyungsoo asks in surprise, his eyes wide.

“Yes,” Chanyeol sighs, finally admitting to himself that what he’d heard was real. “Why does it feel like the world is giving our girlfriends comebacks damnit?” Chanyeol grumbles.

“Well!” Baekhyun jumps from his stupor and yells to cheer himself up. “Nothing you can do about it! So what if my ex is back? Life goes on! I’m very much gay and not planning on leaving my very awesome boyfriend Park Chanyeol,” Baekhyun pecks the giant beside him on the cheek. “Now let’s hear that song!” Baekhyun moves and picks up the guitar Chanyeol left. Kyungsoo watches with uncertainty.

“So, what are we performing?” Baekhyun smiles.

“Y-You’ll be in my heart,” Chanyeol says.

“Oh thanks babe.”

“Hyung, that’s the song,” Kyungsoo says as he sits down beside Chanyeol.

“Oh, hehe,” Baekhyun chuckles. He sees Chanyeol and Kyungsoo looking at him. "What? I'm fine you guys, really," he smiles at them. The two doubt his answer, but knowing him, they return to working on the song. Baekhyun excuses himself to the bathroom and with a sigh, he stares at himself on the mirror.

His ex girlfriend's actually back.