Back

"Ya! Park Chanyeoool!"

Baekhyun was of course already accustomed to the fact that his friends liked to barge in his room at any given moment, but with the sudden and shocking news delivered by Kyungsoo and Jongin, who finally left his room, the small male was free to throw a 'BBF'. What he liked to call a y Baekhyun Fit.  Letting the news of Chanyeol's arrival sink in, Baekhyun's eyes widened and his face drastically went 360. It transitioned from shocked to pissed off because why the was he the only one who didn't know?, to happy because HOLY CHANYEOL IS BACK, and suddenly changed to scared, excited and anxious all at once. What is he going to do? What should he wear? Should he even come along and pick up Chanyeol? Should he be happy go lucky and ooze happiness or be a sass and punch the living daylights out of the giant because holy he's back? 

Baekhyun groans after seeing that it's only 7:30 and not his usual weekend morning wake up at 9. Clutching Chanyeol's shirt he wore last night, the butterflies in his stomach wouldn't stop and Baekhyun felt like puking, this time not from late night partying with Luhan. Which by the way might change because Chanyeol was back to watch over him and the small male just received a text from Luhan saying that Sehun was back from a long vacation with his parents. It's August and the Oh family was on a freaking extended vacay. Freaking rich kid Oh Sehun. With Luhan out and distracted with his boyfriend again, Baekhyun was going to have to shed his crazy night life for some other day. Wait, no, Chanyeol's back.  Anyways, back to the point. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!" Jongin jumps in surprise after hearing the ear splitting scream from upstairs. "Uh, did you hear that Kyungie?" The owl eyed male looks back at his boyfriend, who's suddenly clinging on to himand crumpling his ironed polo top. 

"Kim Jongin get your hands off before I break them sweetheart," Kyungsoo's smile contrasts with the challenging glare he gives the younger and Jongin silently backs down. Kyungsoo pats him on the head before clinging on to the said male, his smile widening as he linked himself to the younger's warm body. "Anyways, what'd you hear babe?" 

"I think I just heard Baekhyun hyung having a scream fest in his room."

"Oh, don't mind him. I've known him for a while now to know that it's one of those fits he has that involve Chanyeol hyung. The reaction's only expected. Come on let's eat. Mama Byun's made a big breakfast for us." Kyungsoo grabs his boyfriend from the couch and leads them to the kitchen where they meet up with Baekhyun's mother. 

"Hi Mrs. Byun! Good morning Mama Byun!" The boys greet her with smiles. Baekhyun's mother is dressed in her white doctor's coat, ready to leave for a Sunday shift. 

"Ahh hello boys. Ready to eat? I've made pancakes, eggs and bacon. There's also hot chocolate and juice in the fridge." Although the breakfast was simple, Mama Byun was a great cook and the boys looked forward to eating the food.

"Thank you Auntie! We'll make sure to eat well," Kyungsoo replies with a smile, as he sits down to eat, grabbing a fresh slice of apple.

"Alright you two, I'm off to get Baekhyun from his tantrum and then leave for my shift. Take care okay?" Mrs. Byun winks. The boys could only laugh; so they did hear right earlier. With heels clicking, the busy woman starts to walk towards the staircase and up to her son's room, where she can hear faint sounds of a scream muffled by a pillow.

Baekhyun's door opens and he hears footsteps, pausing his screaming to say, "Kyungsoo-ah, please leave me to whine for a bit yeah?" The footsteps don't stop and he feels his bed shift from another person's weight. He sniffs the air and realizes through the fragrance that it's his mom. 

 

"Baekhyunnie, come on son. Get out from your covers honey. Don't you want to meet Chanyeol at the airport today?" Mama Byun softly nudges her son. Baekhyun's blanket was moved and he was forced to look at her. 

"I don't think I want to go mom," Baekhyun hid under his covers once more. 

"Why?" Mrs. Byun stares at the white lump she calls her son. Silence. After a while, she hears Baekhyun sigh. 

"Mom, do you remember how I went with the Parks to drop Yeollie and Papa Park to the airport?"

"Yes, what about it?" Her eyebrows perk up and she fixes her white coat, her Doctor's ID clipped onto one of the pockets.

"Welllllll, I sort of did something and it may or may not have changed things between me and Chanyeol," Mrs. Byun now has a grin on her face as if she already knows what's coming next. 

"What sort of thing did you do Baekhyun?" She urges her son. She had a feeling that the boys' relationship with each other would progress a looooong time ago. And if her guess was right,  her son does have feelings for the boy. If her son was ready to admit to himself that he didn't just like Chanyeol as a friend but actually loved him, she'd show that she actually fully supports him. 

"I-I don't wanna say mom. It's nothing big really," Baekhyun says as he tries to get away from his mother, shuffling his burrito body to the other side. He never really liked being questioned about his feelings.

"Baekhyun, I know you like Chanyeol," Aaaand Mrs. Byun drops the bomb. Baekhyun stops moving and tries to hold a gasp in, his eyes open wide because holy his mom knows he has feelings for Chanyeol? Gradually peeking out from under the covers, Baekhyun laughed nervously. 

"Haha! Mom what are you talking about? That's not possible." His mother's face changes, sporting a smile she replies, Baekhyun's shoulders relaxing at the comfort of his mothers voice. "Baekhyunnie, it's alright, I absolutely understand. Trust me I do. You're too shy to tell your mumsy that you have lovey dovey feelings for your Yeollie," Baekhyun whines at how his mother was totally babying him right now. "I was expecting it since the very day I saw that you two knew each other like an open book. Trust me, if I could choose any one for you to have feelings for, it'd be Chanyeol." Mama Byun laughs and holds her son's hand. Baekhyun lets out a relieved sigh. His mother actually supported his feelings! Unlike what he usually read in stories where parents didn't support these types of feelings. Especially a boy liking a boy. But then there was Kyungsoo and Jongin and those two practically strut around his house like the lovers they were. Gotta hand it to his loving mom. "But mom, he hasn't contacted me in months and I barely found out he was coming back today! I just looked in instagram and saw his update and so it's confirmed he coming back. Some friendship we have. I have a feeling it's because of what I did the day he left..." he muttered. "Maybe. Idunno, Chanyeol's weird."

"Okay, seriously what did you do?"

'Might as well tell her,' Baekhyun hesitates. "Welllll, right before he was about to board, I ran up to him and kissed him on the cheek after I told him I love him... But! I didn't mean it as a confession! It's just the day before he told me he loved me and I was like 'oh yeah I forgot to tell my bestfriend I love him too'."

"Oh my gosh!" Mama Byun claps her hands and starts laughing, because how silly can these two be?

"Mom!" Baekhyun whined. "You're not helping at all. I don't know how I'm gonna talk to him once he arrives. I'm really nervous and embarased, so I'd rather just stay home and not meet him for a while til I know what to say." Baekhyun pouts at his chuckling mom. 

"Haha sorry son, it's just you guys are so cute! I've watched you two grow together since you were 6 years old," she pretended to wipe a tear under her eye. "Two peas in a pod!"

"Mom pleaaaaase? Can I just stay here? You can go with Jongin and Kyungsoo and the Parks. I'll stay home," they stare at each other for a while. After a couple minutes, it got tiring and Mama Byun sighed. 

"Alright. But you're going to have to face Chanyeol either way. Didn't you tell me that no matter how far apart you two are that you guys are friends for life?"

"Yes maaaaa, and we are and I will. Thanks!" He quickly hugs his mom and happily kisses her on the cheek, relieved he could escape his embarassment for another day. "I'll just get ready for the day and tell Kyungsoo about me not going." Mrs. Byun leaves the room and Baekhyun changes into cleaner clothes, having fixed himself up. An hour later Baekhyun hears the cars leaving for the airport. Since he'd be alone until they came back,  he decides to take a nap. He treks over to his inviting bed and looks at the time. Baekhyun shuffles into his bed covers and yawns. "A nap sounds good. I'll just wake up in a couple hours...." Baekhyun wakes up a few hours later to the sound of his phone ringing. He looks out of his window after getting up from his bed and sees that it's already evening. Groaning to the sound of his favorite girl group, he finally picks up his phone. 

"Hello?"

"Hyung!"

"Wtf Kyungsoo this better be good, you woke me up from a nap."

"What the heck hyung, have you been lying down on your bed the whole day?!" 

"Pfft no," Baekhyun lied. "Just get on with what you have to say." 

"Oh yeah! Right. Uhm...., I left something in your living room. I'll be there soon to pick it up. I'll ring the doorbell so you better get your up."

"YA, Do Kyungsoo why do I feel like something's fishy?"

"Your breath hyung. That's fishy," Kyungsoo starts laughing at what Jongin said from the other end of the phone and Baekhyun hears Jongin laughing in the background. One day he's going to beat up that kid.

"Ugh I hate you."

"Love you too! Alright I'm right outside your house. Open the door in a bit, okay?" Hanging up, Baekhyun slowly walks downstairs and hears the doorbell ring from upstairs and just to annoy his friend, he decides to take his time by letting a few minutes fly by by sitting on the couch. By that time he'd heard the doorbell ring furiously a couple more and deciding his friend had enough he went to the door and opens it.  "Kyungsoo-yah, I couldn't find anything that you left in my living room. Are you su-" Looking down at the pair of black leather shoes Baekhyun says, "Heyyyy, nice shoes you got there Soo, but I don't remember your feet being tha-" He slowly looks up but as he does, his breath hitches. Standing right in front of him was the very being he was planning on avoiding. The tall red haired boy could be seen standing proudly at the doorway with his signature grin and he can barely make out the figure of Jongin behind him. Where the is Kyungsoo? 

"Hey Baek, long time no see." Baekhyun slams the door close on his bestfriend and runs back to his room. Hiding under his covers, he mutters, "Ahhhhh! Kyungsoo I'm gonna kill you."

 

-At the airport-

"Hyung!" Jongin calls over to a red haired giant who he thinks looks oddly familiar from the back. Dragging along a complaining Kyungsoo because 'damnit Kim Jongin I can walk by myself!', they quickly walk past other arrivals. The male turns around at the call and happily greets the duo coming his way, his father in tow. "Kai! Kyungsoo! Hey!"

"Wow hyung I barely recognized you with that red hair! You look good. Tryna impress the ladies or what?" Kyungsoo smiles up at Chanyeol, who grins in reply. He's got to admit, his hyung looks very attractive in all black and his hair spiked up like that, but he wouldn't say that out loud with his boyfriend here.

"Why?? Does red hair look hot? Want me to dye my hair Kyungie?" Jongin asks frantically. Kyungsoo ignores his boyfriend and hugs Chanyeol.

"Haha," Chanyeol laughs. "You're still the same whipped boyfriend, aren't you Kai?"

"J-o-n-g-i-n, hyung. It's Jongin. I go by my real name now and yes I'm the whipped boyfriend. Whatcha gonna do bout it?" Jongin slings an arm around Kyungsoo.

"Ew you guys. Alright losers let's go," Yura says. Chanyeol looks behind Kyungsoo and sees his siter beside his mom with her usual teasing grin and arms crossed.

"Noona! Mom!" Chanyeol waddles over to them and gives both a peck on the cheek. "I've missed you guys!" His older sister swats him on the back of the head, their usual sibling bickery already making its appearance. The two siblings pretend to gag when they see their parents kiss. In the middle of laughing, Chanyeol finally sees a woman in a white lab coat and walks over to greet her. "Hi Mrs. Byun! Thanks for coming! Where's Baekhyun? Don't you have work?" Chanyeol hugs his bestfriend's mom.

"Hey! Welcome back Chan! Ahh Baekhyun was feeling sick so he stayed at home. You'll get to see him later. I got off work early to greet you," Mrs. Byun says.

After getting their luggage, Mr. Park clapped his hands and says "Alright! Since I'm sooo tired of airports, how bout we go out to eat!"

"Hey mom, Mrs. Byun! If you guys are still going to catch up, Kai, Kyungsoo and I are gonna take the separate car. We're just going to check up on Baekhyun."

"Of course! You guys go do that. We'll see you three later okay?"

"Thank you for the meal! See you guys later!" The three said boys bow and leave, leaving the four adults at the restaurant. Mrs. Park and Mrs. Byun share knowing looks.

"Ahhh and so it begins," Mrs. Park happily comments.

"Got that right."

"Wonder how Chanyeol's meet up with Baekhyun's gonna to go down," Mr. Park says as he wipes his mouth with a napkin.

"Honey are you still trying to sound hip?" Mrs. Park teased. Mrs. Byun laughs at her two friends.

"All I'm saying is that I am noooot dealing with either one if drama happens. You guys got that covered," Yura says.

"Oh my, hopefully nothing bad happens. Those two are the best of friends," Mrs. Byun frowns.

"Hahah, don't worry! We all know those two can't stand being away from each other," Mrs. Park says with a smile. "Kyungsoo and Jongin are there to act as their mediators anyways."

"Yesssssss! Finally something fun to do."

"Hey! *smack* Kim ing Jongin! Keep your eyes on the road or so help me..."

"I know, I know Kyungie. You'll kill me first before I even think of crashing the car," The couple hear a chuckle in the back followed by fast movement.

"Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god."

"What's got your in a bunch hyung?" Jongin jokes while staring at the road.

"What am I gonna say to Baekhyun when I see him?!"

"Why are you even freaking out about your best friend? Shouldn't you already know how to greet hyung?"

"Seriously babe. Are you-" Kyungsoo clenches the bridge of his nose. "He hasn't talked to Baekhyun in months remember?! Oh my god. My boyfriend is an idiot." Getting annoyed by Chanyeol's whines and his boyfriend, Kyungsoo devises a plan. "Alright so here's what we're gonna do. I'll call Baekhyun-hyung saying I forgot something and that I'm coming to pick it up. Then we'll ring the doorbell, he'll open it, he'll see me first but Chanyeol-hyung, you're gonna come up from behind me. Then you and Baekhyun-hyung will see each other, hug, and kiss and live happily ever after." At the end, Kyungsoo raised his arms to make an imaginary magical rainbow. "Sparkle, sparkle." Silence. The boys stare at Kyungsoo's unusual behavior.

"Ahem. Alright that sounds good enough! I don't know about the whole hug and kiss and what not but alright," Chanyeol agrees.

"Please, we all know you two like each other," Kyungsoo mutters and Jongin, who hears, smiles.

"What?"

"Nothing hyung. Kyungie's just on his period."

"YA!"

The Byun residence could be seen and the boys finally come to stop in its driveway. Jongin and Chanyeol hurriedly get out of the car, and are met with the cold night's air once again. Shivering the two huddle up to wait for Kyungsoo while Jongin presses the doorbell a couple of times. "Alright! Project Baekyeol start!" Jongin cheered, his breath visible. "FIGHTING!" Chanyeol says while punching the air. In the car, Kyungsoo smacks his forehead at the sight of the two goofs.

Chanyeol, getting impatient suddenly decides that Kyungsoo's being too slow and with a 'YOLO' and 'I hope this works and Kyungsoo won't kill me', he rings the doorbell by himself and waits until the door opens. What he sees is Baekhyun looking sleepily adorable and by the looks of it, his bestfriend hasn't changed much. Chanyeol smiles and says something, only to be met with the door slammed in his face. 'What just happened?'

"Hyung! Soooooo what happened?" Jongin asks while patting Chanyeol's back the tall male having walked back from the door with a confused look. Meanwhile music can be heard from upstairs of the Byun residence. "Is hyung playing his Girls Generation album again? At this time of night? Ah! Kyungie! Come on!"

The said boy slowly comes out from the car to annoy his boyfriend and yells "YA! Shut up loser!"

Chanyeol rubs his nose to soothe the pain from the closed door. He turns back to Jongin and answers the younger' question. "Baekhyun slammed the door on me. The door! On me! He was standing there complimenting my shoes... only I think he thought I was Kyungsoo because I heard his name..." Hearing this, Kyungsoo walked faster up the stairs and stood next to Jongin and Chanyeol. Chanyeol continues to tell Jongin what happened.

"All I said was 'Hey Baek, long time no see' and then he stares at me. Next thing I know, he slams the door!!" Jongin clutches his stomach from pain of laughing too hard. "Hahahahahhaha! Oh my god. You sound like a hurt boyfriend hyung." It suddenly dawns to Kyungsoo what the two idiots were talking about.

"I BARELY GOT OUT OF THE CAR AND YOU STARTED WITHOUT ME?! OHHHHH MY GOSH. HOW STUPID ARE YOU TWO?! PLEASE ANYONE OUT THERE TAKE ME AWAY FROM THESE ES!" The music from inside the house stops and Kyungsoo lowers his voice, his anger still evident through his flaring nose and heavily furrowed eyebrows as he glares at the two males next to him. "Our plan would have worked if you waited for me to get out of the car you ing losers! I specifically said I'd be the one to ring the doorbell. Ahh seriously why do I even try," Kyungsoo hisses and sighs in defeat.

An embarrassed and scared Chanyeol looks away from the stare and steps back to avoid being killed. "Hehe," he rubs his neck, "In my defense, I haven't seen him in five months. And you were taking too long in the car."

"Well whose fault was that for not contacting him for those five months?!" The owl eyed boy smacks Chanyeol. The smaller male keeps smacking and punching Chanyeol, letting his frustrations out because does he seriously have to do everything? Jongin couldn't help but watch his boyfriend in amusement. "You *smack* STUPID *smack* STUPID *smack* boy! You have NO idea how annoying it is to hear Baekhyun whine that his BESTFRIEND hasn't contacted him the whole time he was away. He sounds like a clingy girlfriend! APPARENTLY someone *smack* forgot about him *smack* and remembered everyone else! *smack* Wtf hyung."

"Agh! Jongiiiiin! Get your satan boyfriend off me! Agh! Agh! Ow! Wtf when'd you get so strong!"

"What hyung?" Jongin playfully smiles choosing to ignore Chanyeol's pleas. Kyungsoo continues to smack Chanyeol until he stops and calms his breathing.

"Agh seriously, if you're gonna act like this all butthurt over him slamming a door on your face, you might as well just admit that you have feelings for Baekhyun hyung! Put your big feet in his shoes and see for yourself why he should have done worse than slam the door on your face you insensitive, inconsiderate, MONKEY!"

'Oh my god. Does he know?! Wait what?' Chanyeol lets go of Kyungsoo's arms and sputters. "What?? Who said I liked Baekhyun?"

Having gotten out from his bed, Baekhyun starts pacing around his room, contemplating on what to do after recently seeing Chanyeol at his door and slamming it on him. He chooses to play his favorite Girls Generation album to calm his nerves. 'Yo! Lemme introduce myself! Wooooo! Heeeeeerrrreeeee comes trouble!'

"Ugh story of my life man," Baekhyun groans and lays face down on his bed. He suddenly shoots up when thinks he hears a familiar and apparently angry voice from outside his open window. Baekhyun pauses his music and waits. Listening to Kyungsoo's yelling, he chuckles.

"I BARELY GOT OUT OF THE CAR AND YOU STARTED WITHOUT ME?! OHHHHH MY GOSH. HOW STUPID ARE YOU TWO?! PLEASE ANYONE OUT THERE TAKE ME AWAY FROM THESE ES!"

"That's Kyungsoo alright," Baekhyun peeks out and sees that the short boy was yelling at Chanyeol and apparently his boyfriend Jongin. (Mostly Chanyeol haha) It was a funny sight seeing how the boys looked scared at the yelling boy. Baekhyun's eyes widen when Kyungsoo starts smacking Chanyeol and he couldn't help but laugh aloud at the attack, his hand trying to stifle the sound.

"Hahaha! Oh my god," Baekhyun wipes a tear from his eyes. "Guess I'm not kicking Soo's anymore. Wonder what happened there," Baekhyun smiles. "To greet them or nahhhhh?" He walks downstairs and could still hear Kyungsoo from outside the door. LOL, okay time to help these idiots out. He opens the door to an embarrassed Chanyeol, a red Kyungsoo, and an amused Jongin. Baekhyun can't help but laugh at the sight all over again. Greeting them with a smile, the smaller male opens door wider to let them in and says. "Heeeyyyyy guys!"

"Psst! Kyungie!" Jongin whispers to his boyfriend as the two enter sfter Chanyeol. He wanted to apologize for the (amusing) incident earlier.

"Shut up," Kyungsoo says to his pouting boyfriend. He grans the younger's hand and leads them to the couch. Distracted by Jongin's whines, they didn't notice Chanyeol and Baekhyun were still standing at the doorway.

"Uhm hey Baek," Chanyeol avoids looking at the guy in front of him. He couldn't look down because of the shorter boy so instead he looks at his surroundings. He sees Jongin make a 'fighting!' cheer and makes eye contact with Kyungsoo who mouthed 'Grow some balls and talk to him!'. Chanyeol nods his head gulps down at Baekhyun who'd been staring up at him. Meanwhile, Baekhyun's thoughts were running around in his head. He furiously fought with himself. 'Did he get a hair cut? Omg he dyed his hair! Stop Baekhyun. Oh my god he looks so good. Asdfghjkl. MUST.NOT.FANBOY. WAIT, THIS JERK! Why am I so short?!'

"Oh my gosh let me just curl up in a ball and die, you look so hot right now." Baekhyun gasps, his mouth covers by his right hand and his eyes widening because oh he did not just say his thoughts out loud.

"What Baek?" Chanyeol looks confused and and somewhat amused at what he just heard. Baekhyun scowls at him because he knows he heard correctly and because what the hell are those large ears for Chanyeol if you can't ing hear? In the background they could hear Jongin laughing, clapping his hands like a seal. Next to him is Kyungsoo with an amused grin, his phone in his hand while he plays a game. "HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! Baekhyun-hyung do you realize you just called Chanyeol-hyung hot?" Baekhyun blushes and hides his face with his hands. ", did I say that out loud?! Please kill me now." This was not the 'I'm going to kick Park Chanyeol's when he gets home' scenario he planned out in his head. He clearly imagined himself playing hard to get and sassy diva to make the giant's life harder. Oh how the tables have turned. Chanyeol chuckles and gently uses his hand to bring Baekhyun's face up. Smiling, he studies his bestfriend's face., his thoughts running, ', Baekhyun you've gotten prettier since the last time I saw you.' Baekhyun looks anywhere else but at the red haired male. He should be mean and angry right now, not acting like a high school girl with a crush on the giant. Urgh.

"Baekkie, come on, look at me," Chanyeol whined. Baekhyun forces himself to look up and regrets doing so, the large brown orbs of Chanyeol's eyes melting his heart and making him want to hug the tall giant. The giant happily smiles down at the shorter boy and Baekhyun could only smile back and fight with himself to prevent squealing with happiness. 'AHH shoot, you're so adorable. Oh my god Chanyeol pls. The feeeeeels.' Baekhyun tries to slow down his beating heart. The duo smile, staring at each other, and still both in their own world, not giving a crap that their friends were still in the room.

Breaking the silence where Jongin and Kyungsoo sat, Jongin whispers, "Psst! Kyungie?" Looking at the couple by the door lovingly staring at each other, Kyungsoo smiles, 'I should take a picture right now. The Parks, Mrs. Byun and Luhan would LOVE to see this.' Laughing to himself at the thought, Kyungsoo pulled out his phone and takes a picture of the two. He sends it to the said people. 'Look at these two!'

"Psst! Kyungie!" Finally looking at his boyfriend, Kyungsoo says. "What now?!" Looking again at his hyungs looking stupid staring at each other, Jongin asks. "Is Project Baekyeol over yet? Are we supposed to be here still?"

Kyungsoo sighs cuddling into his boyfriends arms. "Shush."

It was already nine when a car pulls up in front of the Park and Byun residences. A light could be seen from the Byuns as well as two figures standing at the doorway.

"Is that who I think it is?" Yura asks out loud. She looks at the tall giant in the doorway and confirms that it was her younger brother. "Mom look! Chanyeol's being a weirdo again. Look at what he's doing right now," she points to her brother. A small boy could be seen in front of him.

"Huh? Omo, Kyungsoo wasn't lying when he sent us the picture a while ago. Someone please get those two to stop staring each other."

Finally breaking the silence, Chanyeol spoke. His voice cracked but he managed to get a 'hi' out. "Uhm, so hi Baek," he nervously smiles. "Long time no see huh?" He takes a step forward but pauses after seeing Baekhyun's reaction. Upon hearing Chanyeol speak, the shorter male snapped out of his fangirling trance. He also remembered that this was the so called bestfriend that didn't contact him for 5 months resulting in a broken promise, and was now standing in front of him like as if nothing had happened. Baekhyun's attitude changed and he frowns at Chanyeol.

"More like long time no talk, no email, no text, NO CONTACT," Baekhyun snaps back, frustration dripping at the end of his sentence. He steps backwards when he sees Chanyeol take a step forward reaching out for a hug. Chanyeol looked apologetic but Baekhyun wanted none of that.

"Baekkie, I can explain."

Baekhyun laughs at the nickname. "Haha, nope, Park Chanyeol." Chanyeol pauses, attempting to look into Baekhyun's eyes for an explanation. He's met with sad and confused? eyes. His bestfriend never calls him by his full name unless he was annoyed or disappointed in the giant. He looks at Baekhyun with confusion and a little hurt and pretends to cough to get rid of the awkward tension. Kyungsoo watches how the couple's atmosphere changed and strains to listen to what they're saying.

"Jongin, wake up," he pushes his boyfriend off his shoulder. "Can you hear what they're saying?"

"Huh?" Jongin sleepily wipes his eyes and yawns. Looking over at his hyungs, he didn't need to ask to see that something went wrong. "Well that was fast. Are they supposed to look like they're gonna fight any second now?" Kyungsoo sighs because he could tell his bestfriend was somewhat tense. Baekhyun was finally showing his true emotions, his shoulders tight and fists in a ball. Looking at Chanyeol, Kyungsoo could tell that the guy was searching for answers in the smaller's face.

"Babe, start thinking of a plan," Jongin perks up. "Project Fix Baekyeol starts now."

The Parks and Byun get out of the car and begin walking to the Byun residence, shivering from the cold air. "Come on, let's go inside where it's warm," Mrs. Byun starts walking up the stairs to her house. She sees Chanyeol and Baekhyun and with an evil grin decides to ruin the moment...but someone beat her to it.

"HEYYYY LOVEBIRDS! How's the staring going?" Yura yells. Surprised by the yell, Chanyeol breaks the staring contest and looks back to see that his family and Mrs. Byun were back. Baekhyun although now still playing hard to get, blushes and greets his mom and their guests, shuffling towards them and bowing. Kyungsoo and Jongin get up from the couch to greet them as well.

"Hello everyone! Welcome back!" Baekhyun says. Chanyeol grins because ofhow quickly his bestfriend changed the attitude he sported just a while ago. 'You never fail to surprise me Byun Baekhyun,' Chanyeol thought.

"Sooo, what were you two doing standing in the doorway? Don't you guys know it's cold?" Mama Park asks while taking off her shoes and slipping into slippers. The others follow and place their shoes next to the door.

"These silly hyungs were just having a moment," Jongin says, covering up for his hyungs' little argument. Baekhyun couldn't have been more thankful for Jongin's existence when the guests turn towards the speaker.

"Ah hello kids," Mr. Park greets them with a fist pump to each of them, the two chuckling at Mr. Hip. "How are you two?"

"We're doing good. Thank you," Kyungsoo replies returning the smile. Mr. Park comes closer to the two and whispers, "So what really happened with those two over there?" He points his head over at the two boys seated on the opposite ends of the couch. Baekhyun was playing with his hands while Chanyeol looked at the smaller male, wanting to say something but didn't know how. The women have now turned to the kitchen and begun their own talk.

"Ah, well they said hi and then started that contest earlier. Jongin and I just decided to let them be..." Kyungsoo leaves out the part that the two males were having a silent argument. "Although I think the situation could've been different. If Baekhyun-hyung wasn't so surprised at Chanyeol-hyung's new look I'm pretty sure he'd be kicking his right now," Kyungsoo holds his chin. They looked at the two awkward bestfriends.

"Those two sure are making things awkward for each other," Mr. Park chuckled.mChanyeol shuffles, moving his legs to make himself more comfortable. He looks at his bestfriend who was nervously playing with his fingers at the other end of the couch. There was an awkward tension and neither knew what to say. He looks over to his family and friends observing them as they sipped coffee and chatted.

 

'Ah seriously. They could at least help me.'