New Years

"Ya! Park Chanyeoool!"

"New York?!" a blonde male dressed in a red sweater and reindeer ears exclaims once he rereads the destination of the plane tickets in his hand. "Mom, Dad, what's this?"

"Uhm, Baek," the blonde male turns to his red haired boyfriend and finds the giant in the same position. "Look what my parents gave me." The two look towards their parents seated at one of the Parks' leather couches, smug expressions on their faces as they watch their two sons fluster with confused brains.

"Moooooooooom," Baekhyun says, "what the hell is this? The tickets are from South Korea to New York and back!"

"Hey, the flights are scheduled for tomorrow morning babe," Chanyeol says as he reads the tickets once again. Other Christmas gifts have been forgotten, especially with the opening of their annual 'bestest gift ever' from both their parents. It's become a tradition that the gift their parents would give them at the end of their annual Christmas get together (held at the Parks' this year) would be one of the best they've gotten. So far, Baekhyun and Chanyeol have been surprised by their parents every year.

"WHAT?! Mom! We're only 17! You're leaving minors to go on a weeklong trip?! In a place where we could get lost? What type of craz-"

"Don't worry honey! Think of this as another one of our 'bestest gifts ever!'. A date with each other! You're welcome!"

 

 

"I still can't believe they shipped us off to the States without even an early heads up," Baekhyun grumbles as he walks along the concrete jungle with his hand inside one of Chanyeol's overcoat pockets, the giant's large hand intertwined with his. It's New Years Eve, 11:30 pm actually, and the couple make it past yellow cabs, buses and cars, past buildings and on to the street like all the other New Yorkers to stand in front of a large skyscraper.

To say that it was easy weaving through large crowds of bodies is a lie. Baekhyun admits feeling intimidated by all the bodies, short and tall, surrounding him while he clutches on to Chanyeol. It was a struggle but Chanyeol managed to get both him and Baekhyun a good enough spot to the anticipated view. New York's New Year's Eve Ball Drop Countdown to 2015. Music Performances. Balloons. Confetti. COLORS. Baekhyun doesn't know how his boyfriend managed to make their spontaneous trip as fun as they've been for the past six days.

The thought of their parents sending them off right after Christmas was unexpected and Baekhyun had been worried over the new experience. A trip, weeklong, alone with his boyfriend. Wow, is real. But after numerous tours, sights, pictures taken and memories made, it wasn't so bad. The endearing image of Chanyeol walking towards him like he was now, with two cups of hot chocolate and his sweet smile directed at Baekhyun makes him believe he's lucky to be with the guy. Ahhh, boyfriends. I mean, hot chocolate.

"Hey," Chanyeol breathes out, blowing on his cup while passing Baekhyun his.

"Hi," Baekhyun blushes (goodness), chuckling when Chanyeol wraps his right arm around his waist (as always) while they stand outside the small cafe. "This is amazing Yeollie. Crazy even."

"You're amazing," Chanyeol replies.

"Me?" Baekhyun asks. "I haven't done anything except let you do all the work acting as my tour guide and photographer," he teases remembering how enthusiastic Chanyeol had been on their first day and next as they walked towards an empty table. "Which by the way, your English is amazing, and I'm also beginning to think you'd planned this whole thing Park Chanyeol." The elder squints, suspiscious, at the other making the giant laugh. Baekhyun smiles at the wonderful sound. Perfect.

"Anything for you Princess Baekkie," Chanyeol pretends to be a servant and bows his head, "But really, I was just as surprised as you were. Plus, I know, my English is awesome. No biggie," he smiles. Baekhyun rolls his eyes. No biggie his .

Chanyeol had always wanted to go to New York apparently and searched up attractions given the opportunity he'd go someday. Baekhyun had felt the younger's excitement when they packed, in the plane when they boarded, and in the airport when they arrived. Given the winter weather, he had to search up even more things. The younger was so preoccupied that day planning where to take Baekhyun that the elder resorted to watching TV and eating candy canes. It was all worth it though, because the days after had been nothing but fun as they adventured around New York, staring at large billboards and skyscrapers, laughing at the rush of almost being hit by zipping vehicles (although it was only funny to Baekhyun and Chanyeol almost had a heart attack), and walking around different parts of Central Park where they'd seen gardens and open areas covered with beautiful white snow. They'd gone all over Manhattan, to art museums and churches, the Statue of Liberty, the New York Public LIbrary, Rockefeller Center Ice Rink and Baekhyun's favorite, Grand Central Terminal. To sum it all up, the two had a lot of fun and regretted it almost being over. Chanyeol looks over at other couples and reaches across the table for Baekhyun's hand, smiling when they make eye contact. Baekhyun scoots his chair closer towards him.

"Let's take a picture okay? I'll post it on Instagram," Baekhyun grins, switching to his phone camera. Chanyeol rolls his eyes.

"Baek, you've practically spammed people with our pictures on your account. I'm 100% sure they're gagging already," the red head teases after they take the picture, their faces brightly lit with large content smiles.

"You're one to talk," Baekhyun says, flicking snow to Chanyeol. Okay, so Chanyeol admits to spamming as well, but hey. "Ya! Park Chanyeol! You didn't look at the camera you goof!" Baekhyun complains when he sees Chanyeol had been looking at him and smiling instead. He doesn't know how he missed that.

"It's perfect either way," Chanyeol kisses his temple.

"Ergh, cheesy."

Left in their own solitude despite the busy and cold atmosphere of New York, the two sit in silence while waiting for midnight.

"Hey Yeol. It's 11:57."

"Hmmm," Chanyeol sits up. "How about we do something different?"

"Okay, but you have three minutes left," Baekhyun replies, placing his head back on Chanyeol's broad shoulder. "Wait, two minutes. 59, 58, 57, 56.."

"Okay I'll start."

"45, 44, 43..."

"Thanks for being here for me all the time Byun Baekhyun."

"30, 29, 28.."

"I think my life would've never been as fun as it is right now without you in it," Chanyeol stares into the elder's eyes with a fond expression.

"23, 22, 21.."

"You're not my first relationship but I'd like to think you're my first real love."

"Ya, Park Chanyeol, are you thinking of proposing to me right now?" Baekhyun pokes the other's cheek.

"And I want to experience all my other firsts with you. Looks like you'll have to deal with this cheesy giant for a little longer," Chanyeol pokes the other's nose and Baekhyun giggles. As simple as they were, Baekhyun believes in what Chanyeol's said.

"I think so too," he smiles. "Looks like we'll both have to deal with each other for a long time," Baekhyun kisses Chanyeol's cheek, both of them blushing albeit the biting winter weather. "59, 58, 57, 56..." Baekhyun starts again. "1 minute 30 seconds left."

"Ya! Shouldn't you say something about me now?" Chanyeol pouts. "54, 53, 52.."

"Fine. Park Chanyeol, you're the bestfriend and boyfriend I've dreamt of. We have so many flaws but we make each other glow with happiness and I love seeing you every waking moment. Dealing with you is always an adventure waiting to happen. Oh and thank you, for all of this," Baekhyun says in a whisper, squeezing Chanyeol's hand in his.

"Awh. Who knew Baekhyun could be cheesy? Alright, let's start something else. A confession game. I'll start..." Chanyeol suggests. "I've known since we were little kids where you hid your candy in your closet and Suho hyung and I always used to take some behind your back."

Baekhyun gasps, "You thieves!"

"Oh, and I was your secret admirer last Valentines Day. Sehun dared me and I ended up liking it..."

"Wtf, ok, ya, Park Chanyeol."

"TEN! NINE! EIGHT!" The countdown begins. The ball of red, blue, green, and other colors illuminates and whoops of excitement burst.

"Hey Bakkie. I also took down your Taeyeon poster and replaced it with my face. Can't have my boyfriend fantasizing when he already has a prince. Hope you don't mind," Chanyeol says in a rush.

"You what?! Oh who am I kidding? I took down your poster of Sand-"

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!"

Baekhyun gets interrupted by the sounds of cheering people welcoming 2015. What causes him to really focus are the two gentle hands touching his cheeks and pulling him close as a pair of plump lips softly press against his. Chanyeol turns his head and makes the kiss deeper, creating more butterflies to erupt in the elder's stomach. When they separate, Baekhyun hears Chanyeol whisper and hears all of it, despite the blaring noise in his ears.

"Happy New Year. I really really like you Byun Baekhyun."

Baekhyun's eyes are still closed and he softly chuckles at the feeling of Chanyeol's breath against his face. His eyes slowly flutter open to meet Chanyeol's large brown orbs, the two drowning in each other. Baekhyun pulls Chanyeol down for another, mumbling into the kiss.

"Happy New Year Park Chanyeol. I'm so lucky to have you. So lucky to be your love."