Bipolar & Project Baekyeol

"Ya! Park Chanyeoool!"

As cocky as it sounds, Chanyeol was getting tired of the girls and boys staring his way and giggling to each other about how handsome he was. Sure at the beginning he brushed it off; he knew he looked good. But even the feeling of constantly and obviously being fangirled over by girls of all ages and grades? It was overwhelming...and annoying.He sighs for the fifth time since he sat down for lunch. It's been his third month back but he wasn't a complete stranger. He knew the school and student body like the back of his hand. He was known as a goofball but a diligent student. He was also athletic and as expected made the boys varsity basketball team. Which only added to the amount of people (girls) watching practices. Chanyeol's bright attitude made him approachable but his tall height and deep y voice made him attractive and intimidating. But it didn't stop the confessions coming his way. 

 

"Hey now Chan-ugly, we all know you're jealous of my flawless face," a person says behind the giant. Chanyeol turns around at the sound of the nickname and sees Chen, his friend since freshmen year. 

 

"Shut up, Jongdae," Chanyeol teases Chen by calling him by his real name. Chen sits down next to him and takes out 3 sandwiches and a juice bottle. "Call me Chen, sheesh."

Chanyeol laughs and studies his friend. High cheekbones, sharp jawline, and lips that seemed to always look like he was smiling. He doesn't remember how they first met but he likes to believe they've been friends ever since because of their love of music, sarcasm and mischief. What Chanyeol can't grasp is how Chen managed to make himself Troll King of the entire school. It was impossible to know what Chen had up his sleeves. Chanyeol stares at his homemade bento, picks up his chopsticks and chews on his food. 

"Have you seen Baek anywhere?" Chanyeol asks. He's met by the sounds of Chen opening the second sandwiches' wrapper and teeth crouching down on food. It's really surprising how his friend never gained weight no matter how much he ate. Girls stare over at Chanyeol and Chen's area, making eye contact with the giant before blushing and quickly looking away. Chanyeol doesn't forget to remind himself beauty is both a gift and a curse."Take that Chen-. Chan-ugly my ," Chanyeol jokes. 

 

 "Psh, are you sure? Those girls only looked over because I'm here. You're still pretty ugly," Troll Chen strikes once again. 

"Ya! Last time I checked you weren't into girls but into Minseok hyung," Chanyeol retorts.

 

 "Oh hey! Look! It's Minseokkie!" Chen points to his crush. The said male was another fellow senior who liked to go by the name Xiumin (only his close friends and family called him Minseok). He was the oldest of Chanyeol's group of friends but had features that made him seem like the maknae of the group. Minseok's face still had baby fat which made his face round, he has pretty brown eyes (which is one reason Chen likes him), brown spiked hair, and a charming smile. Although his face gave the impression of a child, as he walked towards Chen his body gave off a masculine vibe. 

 

 "Ahh, he's so cute," Chen sighs under his breath. He waves to Minseok. "Hey Minseokkie! Come sit next to me!" Chen happily greets. Minseok obliges and smiles at how Chen babies him. He knows Chen has a crush on him and he feels the same way but was waiting for the male to make the official move. It's complicated...not really. 

"Hey Jong, I'm still your hyung," Minseok pretends to be annoyed. 

"I know I know, but I mean you love me right? So I get privileges with the nicknames," Jongdae replies with an enthusiastic smiles. 

 

 "Well okay, just because I love you. Hahahah." 

"Bleh," Chanyeol fakes a gag. "I'll leave you two lovebirds alone. I'm gonna look for Baek." 

 

 "Are you sure we're the only lovebirds here Chan-ugly?" Chen smirks while Minseok smiles in amusement. 

 

 "What? Who are you talking about? What does that even mean??" Chanyeol's just about to strangle the explanation out of Chen when the cafeteria door slams and out comes the loudest and familiar yell Chanyeol's ever heard. The two seniors stop their mischief at the sound of the voice. Minseok looks behind them first and sees a fuming small male ready to pounce. He looks at Chen and they both come up with the same conclusion, 'This is gonna be goooood!'

 

"Hey good luck with that this time Chan," Minseok pats Chanyeol's shoulder. The giant, whose recognized the voice was afraid of looking back and racked his brain of whatever he did to his bestfriend now. 

"YA! PARK CHANYEOOOL!" The people in the cafeteria look at the source of the yell. "You're dead meat you hear me?!" Baekhyun yells while making his way to the usual lunch table. His bestfriends Kyungsoo and Luhan were holding hands with their boyfriends Jongin and Sehun, obviously trying to hold in their laughter. A sassy and annoyed Byun Baekhyun wasn't to be messed with and Chanyeol did just that. The red haired giant stands up and pretends to look innocent. Students who were looking go back to eating, knowing by now the drill between them two. 

"Heyyyyy Baekkie!" 

"Don't you Baekkie me! Look at this!" Baekhyun shoves a paper into Chanyeol's face. "Because of your dumb staying over at my house last night I was too distracted to focus on studying!" 

 

 "Is he sure he wasn't just studying Chanyeol hyung's face instead?" Sehun whispers to Luhan who giggles in reply. 

 

 "A 'C' on my physics test!" Baekhyun fumes, glaring up at Chanyeol. It was a sight to see; a short male staring angrily at a taller one. Their friends have already sat down on the table and begin eating their food. "Are those two seriously having a lovers quarrel over a practice physics test right now?" A tall blonde male makes his way to the table and sits down. He was another senior, friend and hyung to everyone but Luhan and Minseok. 

"I'm really not sure what to call those two really. I mean they say they're best friends but act like boyfriend and girlfriend," Luhan greets Kris with a hug. 

 

"So what's up guys?" Kris sits down next to Minseok and starts eating his lunch. 

 

"Oh you know the usual. Just watching these two lovers argue," Chen says loudly. His response were glares from both Chanyeol and Baekhyun. The group laughs.

 

"Anyways, where's your boyfriend hyung? Tao not here today?" Kyungsoo asks Kris while taking out his and Jongin's food. 

 

"Ah, no he's here. He's just doing some stuff to raise his grades up. Can't play basketball with low grades," Kris steals a piece of Jongin's chicken. 

 

"Hey!"

 

"Oh by the way, basketball practice tomorrow from four to seven. We needa get those first and second years to work," Kris announces. He slaps Jongin's hands away from stealing back the chicken. Jongin and Sehun groan while Luhan, Chen, and Minseok cheer. "It's good to be a senior!" The trio high five one another. 

"Hey, I never said we weren't helping coach out with practice. As varsity and team captain of the whole team I have to be there. I've recruited the seniors to help out with the drills."

"Ahhh poop!" Minseok complains. Jongdae laughs at everyone else's reaction. "Minseokkie never really is the type to curse anyway." Kaisoo start feeding each other while Hunhan and Xiuchen follow. Kris shoves his face into his food before turning around to look at the two males still standing behind him. 

 

"Hmmm, let's seeee. We've got a nervous but sorry Chanyeol and a pretending-to-be-sassy Baekhyun," Kris gets up and grabs the two boys by the shoulder. He sits them down and forces them to make up by saying, "Eat. You two are like a married couple fighting over stupid things. Make up already."

"Fiiiine."

"Okay hyung."

 

 Baekhyun grabs food off of Chanyeol's lunch and chews on it. This was pretty normal, Chanyeol and him always share food anyways. Chanyeol slings an arm around his bestfriend and whispers "Hey I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you okay Baekkie?" Baekhyun grunts and knowing he's forgiven, Chanyeol smiles and starts feeding his bestfriend food. 

Kris rolls his eyes before sitting dow again. 'These two are so bipolar.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

The basketball gym was becoming very drenched with sweat. There were the squeaky sounds of shoes on the polished wooden floor, panting of boys, whistles being blown and the swishing of balls going through the net. The coach calls the boys over.

 

“Okay! First and second years! Since you’re warmed up, we’ll separate into group and play a game until practice ends. Get into your groups under any hoop and a pair of seniors will come to you guys. I highly suggest that you guys mingle with people you don’t know and GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER. A bonded team is a winning team!”

 

There were four hoops down and each had two seniors. The first group would be led by Luhan and his friend Lay, playing against Kris and Chanyeol’s group. On the other side of the court was Chen and Jason, star of the swim team playing against Minseok and school track star Minho. Sehun obviously went to Luhan’s  and Tao went to Kris’s along with Jongin. As soon as everyone had a group, the whistle was blown.

 

“Alright!” Kris claps his hands. “As you all know, I am team captain and that goof over there is Chanyeol, another one of your seniors. Today and from now on I see you guys as the greatest players I have ever met. I want to see you guys give it all you got underclassmen! Work your muscles, practice passing, dribbling, shooting, and rebounding! And make sure to pay attention to each other. MAKE SURE COMMUNICATE AND HAVE FUN! ”

 

“YEAH! Let’s go kick some ! AOOH!” Chanyeol yells.

 

“Let’s goooooooo!”

 

Chanyeol slings an arm around Kris’s shoulders, “Haha hyung, still can’t get them hyped up like I can.” Kris retaliates and grabs Chanyeol in a death grip while giving him a noogie.

 

“Shut up, short ,” Kris teases.

 

“What?! I’m practically your height!”

 

“Practically is not my height. I’m still taller. Get your on the court,” Kris laughs and shoves Chanyeol off him.

 

“I AM TENSAI SAKURAGI!” Chanyeol yells, referring to his favorite manga, Slam Dunk.

 

The gym becomes filled with the hustling of players as they run back and forth across their court, practicing their ball handling and shooting skills. Sweat drips down and hair sticks on faces. Shirts are soaked and some have been taken off. Girls on the bleachers squeal seeing the toned and muscular bodies of the basketball players.

 

“OMG DO YOU SEE THAT?! OH SEHUN JUST TOOK OF HIS SHIRT!” Sehun can be seen in the distance looking at the bleachers with a confused face. He jogs over to Jongin and Tao. “Hey did you guys hear someone calling me? I swear those girls are too ing loud.”

 

“Hahahha, hey as long as they don’t fan over my Kris then I’m good.”

 

“You guys are losers. I’m glad Kyungie isn’t in the team.”

 

(The fangirling commences.)

 

“Isn’t Sehun a second year? OMG OMG OMG. I’d totes his abs.”

 

“Wait, awh look at him! He’s next to Tao and Kai!’

 

“THEY’RE ALL TAKEN ING LOSERS. FORGET THEM! LOOK AT THE SENIORS!”

 

“Oh.My.Gosh. LOOK AT CHANYEOL OPPA!”

 

Kris throws the ball to Chanyeol who sprints to the basket, handling the ball unguarded. He pushes off his feet and jumps. Kris yells “Better make that slam dunk punk!” BAM! The backboard makes a sound and vibrates from Chanyeol’s force. Chanyeol’s hands are grabbing onto the rim of the net, basketball on the ground and slam dunk successful. Girls could be heard screaming and cheering for their oppa while the boys were amazed at the height Chanyeol jumped.

 

“Nice!!” Lay high-fives Chanyeol. “That was awesome!”

 

“LAY! You’re not supposed to do that! He’s the enemy!” Luhan shrieks. The cute but manly blondie grabs Lay away before turning around and saying, “But hey Chan! That was pretty sick!”

 

“What the heck Luhan?” Lay grumbles and mocks his friend. “He’s the enemy!”

 

Kris walks up and smacks Chanyeol on the back. Grinning from Chanyeol’s shock he says, “Hey man, that was a good one. And game’s done, we beat them.”

 

“As expected from TENSAI Chanyeol,” the giant says as he waves to his fans on the bleachers.

 

“EEEEEEE! HE WAVED OVER HERE!”

 

“OMG PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP. I’M DYING OVER HOW HOT CHANYEOL LOOKS LIKE JUST NOW.”

 

“He’s so good at basketball! No wonder he made varsity.”

 

“Look at Kris oppa and Luhan oppa! Aren’t they so cute?! Eeeeeee!”

 

“I knooowww, all the guys in the basketball team are sooooo good!”

 

“Chanyeol oppa is THE package though.”

 

“A lot of girls like him, but he always rejects them. And he’s always around Baekhyun oppa and the basketball players. But I heard this rumor that when he went away to America, he met this girl and started dating her but they broke up before he came back.”

 

“Really?? That girl is so lucky!”

 

“That can’t be true though. Everyone knows that Chanyeol and Baekhyun oppa are a couple.” Many girls sigh knowing that it’s probably true, but a girl speaks up.

 

“Whatever! Just because they look like they are doesn’t mean its official!”

 

“Oh sit down! They’re like OTP.”

 

(Meanwhile on the other side of the gym is a head to head game between siblings and lovers)

 

Minseok and Chen’s teams were on a tie and with only 2 minutes left, both tired teams were struggling on defense and offense. Jason, Minseok’s partner and Chen’s partner, Andrew were siblings and Chinese Canadians who moved to Korea their freshman year. They’re known as the sibling power duo in sports. But since there were on separate teams, things were a little bit different. After winning theirs, Kris and Chanyeol were now watching the others.

 

“Wow, Chen hyung is really holdin’ up,” Tao says.

 

“I know, you would think that Chen- would let Minseok hyung win by now,” Chanyeol says.

 

“Nah, it’s probably because of Jason and Andrew. Those two are competitive as .” The group watches the game with only 1 minute left.

 

“Minseokkie! If I beat you, will you go on a date with me?!” Jongdae yells over to his crush. Distracting Minseok, he runs after the ball and snatches it away.

 

“Ya! Who said you’d win?” Minseok chases after Chen. “I mean I guess, but if I win you have to buy me food!” Chen jumps for a shot but misses. Minseok grabs the ball and passes it to his team mates.

 

“Uhm, aren’t what they’re asking basically the same thing?” Sehun scratches his head. Luhan looks back at a shirtless Sehun before looking back at the game.

 

“Yes babe. They’re so obvi-” Wait. A SHIRTLESS Sehun?! Luhan quickly turns around and stares at his boyfriend’s half body. “OH SEHUN! PUT ON A SHIRT!!! What are you doing?! There are girls here! Omg pls! I’m the only one who should see you !” He rushes to the boy and forces him to wear his sweat shirt again. Sehun pretends to frown, secretly amused at his boyfriend’s reaction and hugs Luhan, earning a squeal from the smaller male. Jongin and Chanyeol mentally smack their foreheads.

 

“Hyung, those two have been doing it huh?”

 

“I really don’t know Kai.”

 

Kris smacks them on the back of their heads. “Hey losers, since you’re standing around go get the other kids and help clean up. Put the balls away. That game should be over any second now.” As he finished his sentence, the whistle was blown. Minseok and Chen ended up with a tie and after deciding that they both had won, Minseok would then go on a date with Chen who would specifically bring him on a food date.

 

“Ahhh, the things a taken man will do,” Chen happily sighs, an arm around Minseok’s shoulders. The balls were put away and the boys were now walking to the parking lot.

 

“Speaking of relationships and dates, how are you gonna make it up to Baekhyun for the test Chan?” Minseok asks. He was now holding hands with a smiling Chen.

 

“What?? Haha, Baekkie and I aren’t dating. Anyways, I’m taking him out to go ice-skating later tomorrow. It’s Friday and I’m tired af,” Chanyeol gets into his car. “Bye hyungs! See you losers!”

 

“You know, even if you don’t think about it, Chanyeol and Baekhyun are either seriously stupid about feelings or oblivious to their own,” Luhan, Sehun and Jongin walk up to Minseok and Chen. Luhan wipes his sweaty face into his towel.

 

“That’s why we shall now begin Project Baekyeol! Starting with these tickets I’ve got to the ice skating rink hyung’s going to tomorrow,” Jongin pulls out a stack of tickets from his bag, surprising his friends.

 

“Ya, how’d you get the money for this?”

 

“Gasp! This is Kim Jongin we’re talking about!” Jongin smirks. “I stole them duh.”

 

“KIM JONGIN.”

 

“HAHA, chill chill. I used my allowance and some of my dad’s money,” Jongin hands each of them a ticket.

 

“Rich boy,” Sehun teases.

 

“I know! So one for Luhan hyung and Sehun, one for Minseok hyung and Chen, and one for me and Kyungie! I’ve already given Kris hyung his and Tao’s tickets.”

 

“Wait, how about Chanyeol and Baekhyun?” Luhan asks.

 

“Well you see, Chanyeol hyung doesn’t know we’re going! This is Project Baekyeol. Our mission is to spy on them, then pretend to bump into them, then do whatever it takes to play Cupid.”

 

“It’s not that easy though Jong,” Chen says, tapping his ticket on his chin.

 

“It’s actually Kris hyung’s style to go ice skating?” Sehun asks.

 

“Yep!”

 

Earlier in the gym.

 

“It’s not my style man,” Kris looks down at the tickets in his hand and up to Jongin’s pleading face.

 

“Wait, ge! Don’t refuse the offer. It’ll be our date! Come onnnn, it’ll be Christmas in a couple weeks and it’ll be fun!”

 

The panda eyed Tao urges his boyfriend. Feeling trapped with Jongin’s pleading face and the aegyo of his tiny boyfriend, Kris gives a sigh of defeat. “Fiiiine.”

 

“Yes!” Kris smiles at Tao’s excitement. Kris and Tao say goodbye to Jongin and leave for Tao’s wushu practice.

 

“Great! It’s settled then! I’ll tell Kyungie our plans are O-K. We were originally planning on doing this as a double date but I got the money to buy more tickets. Thought it’d be more fun. Plus Kyungie wanted it to be a group mission, you know?”

 

Luhan being a Baekyeol shipper puts his hand out. “Alright, let’s break! Everyone put your hand in! Project Baekyeol on three!” The other males laugh at their hyung’s sudden weirdness but do it anyway.

 

Smiling, Luhan counts down. “3, 2, 1!”

 

“PROJECT BAEKYEOL!”

 

“Wait, why is it called Project Baekyeol instead of Chanbaek? Shouldn’t Chanyeol hyung be the alpha?” Sehun asks as he and Luhan walk to his car.

 

“Please babe, Diva Baek can beat Chanyeol’s with sass. Hehe, that rhymed.”

 

 They get inside and Sehun turns on the car, pulling out of the school’s parking lot. “I’m so glad it’s Friday,” Sehun says as he leans in for a kiss.

 

“Pay attention to the road !” Luhan laughs and smushes his boyfriend’s face with his hand while pulling out his phone. “I’m gonna text Kyungsoo about tomorrow.”

 

‘Hey Kyung! :D I heard about the plan from Jongin. Thanks for the tickets! See you tomorrow. Baekyeol hwaiting! :DDDDD’