All of Me

"Ya! Park Chanyeoool!"

11/5/15 9:52 p.m.

a/n: I haven't written in a while, so sorry if it's boring or unsatisfactory. Don't forget to comment! Feel free to un/subscribe or un/upvote and whatnot!THANK YOU FOR READING Y!PCY!  peace and love for you, xxjuly. WELL HERE IT IS.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________

 

 

Comfortably snuggled into Chanyeol’s side, with his fiancé’s left arm wrapped around his shoulders pulling him close, Baekhyun lets out the week’s stress and anxiety. Sitting there on their gray couch, facing their TV, Baekhyun watches their engagement videos of that beautiful morning after their siblings’ wedding. He laughs wholeheartedly while a sleepy Chanyeol pouts, Baekhyun watching Luhan’s version of a struggling, anxious Chanyeol searching his pockets, expression immediately changing to relief before Baekhyun watches himself turn and smile at Chanyeol whose hands were then behind his back.

 

“Did you just freak out about losing the ring?” Baekhyun chuckles up to his fiancé. Wow. Fiancé. It feels good to be calling Chanyeol that. He leans his cheek back on to Chanyeol’s shoulder and wraps the other’s arms around his waist, snuggling closer until all Baekhyun could hear was the man’s heartbeat. It’s a soft, comforting sound.

 

“Is this a serious question?” Chanyeol’s tired voice breaks through and Baekhyun hears it in the man’s chest. Really y. “Baek, you’ve watched this more than enough times to know what happens. How much longer do you want to watch these?” Chanyeol pokes his fiancé’s cheek in fake annoyance. “Let me take you to bed. Wedding’s tomorrow.”

 

“Wedding, schwedding. I don’t give a . We’re already married anyways,” Baekhyun plays with the buttons of his best friend’s shirt as he watches Chanyeol roll his eyes before turning off the TV and carrying him bridal style, Baekhyun laughing at the silliness of it all. Twenty-seven years old and still thrilled by how his man carries him so easily. God he’s in love.

 

“We might already by married, but not everyone knows that. So get your in our bed,” Baekhyun snorts and Chanyeol rolls his eyes at the shorter’s response. “We’re not having if that’s what you’re thinking about ert,” the taller pulls Baekhyun closer by the hand, pats their bed and opens their blanket to wrap themselves in. “Now come cuddle with me so we won’t be tired for our big day.”

 

The smaller, dressed in a pair of Chanyeol’s boxers and a white shirt grins before falling into the comfort of their king sized bed, courtesy of Chanyeol who demanded it in exchange for allowing Baekhyun to decorate just about every room in the house except the kitchen. The bedroom was solely decorated by Chanyeol, its size about twice of the living room with the addition of four caramel colored walls, a walk in closet where their suits and casual clothing hang, a walk in bathroom, a flat screen TV across their king sized bed, dressers, lamps, drawers and picture frames each with a picture of the two of them. And lastly, Chanyeol’s favorite, the glass doors spanning half of a wall that led to the beautiful day and night view on a balcony. Baekhyun complains that someone could see them despite it being on the third floor but a curtain usually covers for them when things get a little…hot.

 

“Alright, alright. But let’s remember. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas Park Chanyeol,” Chanyeol grins into Baekhyun’s neck and pulls him close to spoon him. The other man lets out a content sigh and relaxes in Chanyeol’s arms. And as Chanyeol finds Baekhyun’s fallen asleep, he sleepily whispers in reply, “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.”

 

 

Chanyeol drifts off to sleep and dreams of a y, intoxicated Baekhyun dressed in tight black jeans and green polo laughing through the strips of Vegas, bumping into others and pausing often to stare at the bright lights of the city. Chanyeol dreams of following him in amusement and falling into bewilderment when Baekhyun bumps into an Elvis Presley dressed in a tight suit and hair slicked back. In his hilarious drunken state, Baekhyun takes off his engagement ring given to him by Chanyeol just two to three years before and causes the giant to laugh out loud when he asks Elvis to kindly wed them. Elvis had looked at Chanyeol then with a raised eyebrow that the taller could only respond to with a grin and shrug, following along with an excited Baekhyun in the strips of Vegas, surrounded by lights and bustling cars as Elvis Presley “wed” a very drunk Baekhyun and a very sober, laughing Chanyeol. Of course, Elvis didn’t have the power to do so and no papers were signed, but it was something Chanyeol would never forget, just the way Baekhyun had said "I do" so eagerly before kissing him on the lips and exclaiming “We got married! Chanyeol, we got married!” as Chanyeol said his goodbyes to a chuckling Mr. Presley who wished him good luck. It was a good night, one that Chanyeol never forgets to remind Baekhyun of, just so he can see the bright blush on his cheeks and stuttering as he protested. 

 

 

Baekhyun dreams of busy mornings when he and Chanyeol would more often than not, run into the shower together, stand in front of their mirror and elbow each other while brushing their teeth after eating breakfast, and quickly fix their ties or belts before kissing each other and going their separate ways for work. Asleep in Chanyeol’s arms, he dreams of a very handsome Chanyeol dressed in a gray suit with the first three buttons opened, leaning against the hood of his black Mercedes and smirking at Baekhyun who would always walk up after waving to trainees to kiss him on the cheek. On days when Chanyeol would drop him off and pick him up, Baekhyun likes to grab the keys from his fiancé’s hands and ignore the chuckling and pat on his behind, as Chanyeol walks over to the passenger’s seat and teases Baekhyun of going over the speed limit again.

 

Each passing day has been filled with so much change. And sometimes it’s rather hectic for the very busy couple. Chanyeol now leads PARK ENTERTAINMENT and has not only successfully managed it for the past four years, but has also convinced Kyungsoo and Jongin to audition and later accept their status as idol duo 2K of PARK ENT.; their first album was to be released four months from now and Chanyeol has no worries because of the duo's growing popularity despite having not debuted yet. Jongdae on the other hand required no convincing and eagerly auditioned, and became one of Chanyeol’s popular solo idols. The rock and ballad singer is now currently on of short break from his world tour, his most recent concert in Japan, to attend Chanyeol’s and Baekhyun’s wedding. Sehun, Kris and Tao have long been a models slash actors of the BYUN CO. under the lead of Baekhyun who’s taken over his family business as CEO; the three are now viewed as the Charismatic Three, their stares easily looking into your souls, rare and apparently sweet smiles making every woman swoon. Little do they know that the men are already taken. The three would always laugh when women cheered for them but would always respond with humble thanks.

 

Starting out their careers had been tumultuous, especially with the way Chanyeol believed Baekhyun wasted his dream of becoming a performer to be a businessman instead. It’d seemed like Chanyeol was the only one regretting the path Baekhyun had gone on. He believed the elder was full of capacity and talent to be something bigger than an entertainment CEO. And after a fight that ended with a week of silent treatment and sleepless nights on the couch waiting for Baekhyun to come home, Chanyeol finally gave up with his nagging and apologized to his independent fiancé, who was more than willing to take him back and cuddle in their bed together, but only after some makeup that ended with a smack to the after Baekhyun realized Chanyeol forgot to cover the window.

 

Baekhyun’s long admitted that although he does have some regret for not taking up his brother’s offer of managing BYUN CO. so he could perform instead, Baekhyun loves his job as the CEO. He loves working around artistic, talented and equally beautiful people despite how difficult it is to maintain stability of a professional relationship with his idols, models, actors and trainees. Chanyeol would always joke that rather than looking for Baekhyun in his office, he would usually just walk straight to where the sounds of laughter and singing was louder, and find the brunette surrounded by ecstatic trainees who wanted nothing more than to impress and have fun with the kind CEO, who would sometimes sing or dance with them.

 

 

In the security of their cozy bed, the two falls asleep in each other’s arms, each dreaming of the life they’ve forged with each other and looking forward to the countless memories they’ll share as a wedded couple.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Coming out of the shower smelling like the body wash and cologne his fiancé loves to find Baekhyun now bombarded by family and friends in the living room, Chanyeol chuckles at the pleas sent to him by his fiancé. An index finger directed towards him and the door after from Yura makes it obvious to Chanyeol it was his cue to leave his home. Grabbing his suit, watch gifted to him by Baekhyun, and all his other necessities, Chanyeol gives Baekhyun a hug and a kiss before laughing out loud and receiving looks from Yura and his and Baekhyun’s mothers.

 

“Remind me to kick your for being best man number one and for leaving me with all these women,” Baekhyun hisses into the taller’s ears. They’ve just hugged but the shorter has yet to let go as he pleads for Chanyeol not to leave him.

 

“ it up Byun Baek.”

 

“I’ll tell you what I won’t be up later,” Baekhyun grumpily states before pushing his fiancé away in defeat and saying, “Yeah, yeah” when Chanyeol grins and greets them goodbye. As soon as the tall man steps out the door, Baekhyun misses him already. The sound of three women excitedly chatting as the makeup team primps Baekhyun up is enough to make him groan, the woman adding gel into his hair letting out a soft chuckle.

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you getting nervous yet?” Chanyeol feels someone squeeze his right shoulder before the person sits beside him on the couch of Kyungsoo’s living room.     

 

“As ready as a man should be Sehun,” he smiles at the young man dressed in a black suit, as equally and handsomely dressed as Chanyeol. The giant can’t help but feel the nostalgia running through him at the sight of a mature and successful male model Oh Sehun, who’s always been the younger brother Chanyeol never wanted but still had anyways. Seated on the comfy black leather couch, Chanyeol watches the rest of the group prepare.

 

He sees Sehun standing with his now famous Chinese football player fiancé Luhan off to the side, the two sharing a cup of coffee brought by Minseok who majored in business, opened up his own and was now handling many branches of his popular café the Minnie Coffee. Despite the slightly feminine name, it brings a lot of customers, a famous rock and ballad singer for one. The said business man was standing beside the front door with his now on and off boyfriend, Kim Jongdae, participating in some friendly banter that makes everyone wonder why their rock star friend hasn’t proposed to their coffee addicted hyung he's clearly in love with; something about them being too busy? Tao is too busy taking selfies of himself in a black suit to care about Kris who’s been walking around for the past few minutes asking for someone to fix his tie before Kyungsoo actually stops getting ready and does it for him. You'd think that a model would know how to tie his tie properly. Everyone laughs when Kris lets out a yelp as their doe eyed friend pulls him closer by the end of the tie instead of walking up.

 

Chanyeol’s phone vibrates in the chest pocket of his suit and he leans back on the couch, careful not to crumple the back of his suit, before grabbing his phone filled with texts of complaints, all from Baekhyun who was still back at their place, due to the women in their families desires of keeping the tradition of the groom not seeing the bride until the wedding. Which makes no sense because the last time Baekhyun checked, he had a and two, why does he have to be the ing bride? All these were sent by the annoyed man and Chanyeol quickly send a text telling him to it up, only two more hours until they were officially married, and only then can Chanyeol fully say “You are mine and mine only” in front of a small congregation of  their close families and friends. Chanyeol lays an extra layer of syrup into the sappy message which only gives him the crying emoji and a big “ you” that makes the giant wonder if Baekhyun’s internally crying because of the message or the situation he’s in back home. A mixture of both probably.

 

Chanyeol scans the group of studs he calls his friends; honestly he's amazed by how they've all managed to stick together after their high school years. They're all ready. He grows anxious, palms sweating and itches to see Baekhyun who he knows will make it better. Only, he gets a parental Kyungsoo who manages to lessen his anxiety with an encouraging pat on his back and a “Don’t be a , hyung” from Sehun, who he throws a pillow at.

 

“It’s unbelievable how Jongin and Chanyeol got married before all of us,” Kris wraps Chanyeol in a bro hug that the younger thanks him for with a grin and their famous handshake, made their second year of high school after making varsity in basketball. Kris pulls Tao towards him on the couch and asks the blonde Wushu god on his lap when they were getting hitched, to which the other rolled his eyes and said “You wish" before joining Jongin in the kitchen. This makes Chanyeol laugh, eyes crinkling when Kris leaves him to go after his obviously playing hard-to-get boyfriend.

 

 

Judging by the fact that his palms were still sweating and how his friends were teasing each other like usual, it was going to be a long hour and thirty. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you ready?” Yura pats Baekhyun’s back while he lays his left ear against her stomach and listens for any sign from his future niece and nephew.

“It’s just a small wedding noona.”

“You’re getting married to my little brother. Are you good with that?” Across from them, their mothers chuckle.

“And you married my big brother. How are you doing with that?” Baekhyun points to the baby bump growing in front of him.

“Touché,” Yura grins at her brother’s fiancé. “You’re ready.”

“As I’ll ever be.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They say marriage is a promise. A commitment to love the person with your heart, mind, body and soul. It’s kind of like letting something wash over you and all you can think about is, not the decorations or the congregation, but that one person at the end of the aisle; all you can think about is how nervous yet completely ready you are to make a new life with the person you love the most. You’re essentially stuck with him or her forever.

And forever doesn’t compare to how long Byun Baekhyun wants to be stuck with a particular Park Chanyeol.

 

All this marriage talk has made Baekhyun soft.

 

 

 

 

 

They say marriage with the love of your life makes you the luckiest man or woman alive. To be able to find that single person that makes living worthwhile, to be able to hold on to them, and then promise to stick together forever is amazing. To be married to his best friend is more beautiful and amazing than anything else and Chanyeol can’t explain the way his breath hitches when he finally sees Baekhyun, flustered and shyly walking down the aisle towards him. Can’t explain the feeling of finally having his best friend smiling up at him with no flower bouquet, much to Chanyeol’s amusement and Baekhyun’s relief. Something passes through them when they link hands and face the priest, not Elvis Presley this time.

“We gather here at this beautiful church to witness the marriage of two beautiful men. To witness a promise like no other. To witness-“

“Lay skip to the good part, I’m itching to kiss this beautiful man in front of me,” Chanyeol interrupts Lay, their standing priest in the middle of his practiced introduction.

“I can’t just- I did not sign up for online classes, get certified, and dressed up for your wedding to skip to the good part Chanyeol,” Lay sputters. “It’s simply not the protocol.”

“Wedding two gay men isn’t exactly traditional either but here we are.”

“Yes Chanyeol, but love is lov-“

“Here we are,” Baekhyun places a hand of Chanyeol’s cheek and cups it to face him. “We’re here, I’m here. We’ve got all the time in the world. Let’s just let Lay do his thing,” he laughs at his impatient fiancé. The audience laughs along. Barely fifteen minutes in and it was already a chaotic mess. Lay smiles when Baekhyun captures Chanyeol in a lingering gaze.

“We gather here at this beautiful church to witness the marriage of two beautiful men. To witness a promise like no other. To witness the marriage of two people meant to be…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What would I do without your smart mouth? Drawing me in and you kicking me out. Got my head spinning, no kidding. I can’t pin you down.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When you look back at the strings connecting Baekhyun’s and Chanyeol’s lives together, it’s long, full of twists and turns, cut in some places and strongly knit in others. It’s different.

 

Look back at when they first met, when their parents reunited and decided as soon as their children met that they got along well. Their playdates and days in Kindergarten; Baekhyun listening to Chanyeol rant on and on about how amazing it would be to learn how to play the drums as he tapped his small chubby fingers on the table and Chanyeol listening to Baekhyun sing at the top of his lungs, wide eyes amazed at his best friend’s talents.

 

Even then, no one could’ve foretold that they would end up promising the rest of their lives away to each other.

 

Look back at their childhood years.

 

 

Elementary school days spent coloring inside the lines. Computing math problems and having tantrums because they didn’t get one. Playing at the playground’s jungle gym and playhouse and comforting the other when he fell and scratched his knee. Sticking drawings and papers with big check marks on each other’s refrigerators with proud smiles on their faces as they did so. Baking, eating, and laughing at each other’s messy, floury faces. Sleeping at each other’s houses, building forts with promises that they were astronauts camping in space. Teasing, stealing each other’s blankets and toys and candy. Fighting and crying, ignoring each other until they missed the other too much and went next door to give an “I’m sorry Chanyeollie” or “I’m sorry Baekhyunnie”.

 

 

Growing up with each other.

 

 

 

 

 

“What’s going on in that beautiful mind? I’m on your magical mystery ride. And I’m so dizzy, don’t know what hit me but I’ll be alright. My head’s underwater, but I’m breathing fine. You’re crazy and I’m out of my mind.”

 

 

 

 

 

Middle school, oh, middle school.

 

Puberty, their voices changing, and suddenly “Baek! Look! My first chest hair!” “What chest hair? I can’t see !”  Changing environments, different classes and lockers, growing taller and finding that their heights were just right to be in each other’s arms and that girls their age were suddenly growing lumps on their chests called s. Sports and awkward limbs, music sheets and feet planted center on a brightly lit stage.

On their way to finding out who they were. Who they wanted to be.

Being a duo with no one else in the picture, until finally, interests took over and they became a duo plus extra.

Being a duo until the other finds that, wow, that one girl he used to think was weird for eating glue suddenly looks different to him, more…pretty.

 

 

 

High school, things are still the same.

 

But everything’s bigger and more rigorous. Advanced classes no one really wants to take but look good on college applications. Stricter teachers that want everything done on time or your grade lowers. Running and laughing down the halls to get to class just barely on time.

Three years spent with people they may or may not like, expanding their group and surprisingly and unintentionally becoming well-liked by the student body. Playing sports and broadening their musical talents and finding once again who they wanted to be.

Still growing taller, muscular, faces becoming more sculpted, eyes more sharp, and voices get deeper until the other decides “Baek, I bet you I could make a girl fall in love with me with just my voice.”

Finding that the opposite didn’t actually give off cooties when you touched them; feeling that excitement of seeing a girl look at you until finally, you managed to walk up and introduce yourself.

Growing ecstatic at that hard, laminated card that states you’re officially a licensed driver; taking that one girl to dates in that car, stealing kisses and sharing shy glances. Taking then that one best friend that demands the ban of singing out loud in the car with the windows open, to be lifted. Laughing as they take adventures and spent nights driving each other around to relieve stress. Just because they can. The happiness, excitement, all the ‘I hate the world, why do I have to deal with this?’ thrown into the sky when life and deciphering emotions got too hard.

Jealousy spurring when seeing the other smiling and giving all their attention to that one petite girl with long brown hair, instead of having that same attention on a certain best friend. Fighting for no reason and glaring at each other when they’ve clearly forgotten what they were mad for in the first place.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“’Cause all of me, loves all of you. Love your curves and all your edges all your perfect imperfections. Give your all to me, I give my all to you. You’re my end and my beginning. Even when I lose I’m winning.”

 

 

 

 

 

High school, oh high school.

 

When the jealousy turned into something else and suddenly things take a downward spiral. Fighting, yelling, distrust when good intentions were put forth. Broken hearts. Days regretfully spent angry at each other when they could just be happy, just as they were in apology, laying against the grass of the other’s backyard, staring at the skies and blinking stars.

When that something else grows into something bigger, adoration that turns into love, which turns into something bigger than just wanting to be beside that person, but into wanting that person’s attention all on you. Suppressing feelings because the other doesn’t know, waiting until it’s not just you and everyone close knowing, but that one special person too.

Feeling crushed at the other leaving his side, having confused feelings because for once, the feelings are gone but now it seems that special person is finally noticing. A kiss to the cheek brings it all back and suddenly the special person knows. Or at least is beginning to.

 

Months of silence.

 

But several months of love as well.

 

Coming back home to the other, the one at home eagerly welcoming the other back.

High school, oh high school.

 

When all it takes is a simple peck to the cheek, a change of schedule, a boost to relieve doubts, a heartfelt Christmas performance and blonde hair, and a movie that they won’t even watch.

 

Laughing and loving. Adoration and sweet acts of affection. Shy glances thrown each other’s way, hugs that last longer than the three second rule, kisses shared in the car, in the room, on the couch, and at the movies when it’s dark and no one can see, no one can feel how tight your hands are clasped together. No one can see the wide smiles on your face.

Spending day after day, night after night, feeling like as if they need to hide when really they have all the support behind them. Chilly nights and hot chocolate. Jealousy that turns into confessions. Understanding each other and finding that not everything’s perfect. But with each other, it can be.

 

Happy tears and watching wedding vows. Bickering, teasing, light punches thrown at the shoulder of the other, acting like children once again, glints of content in one’s eyes as they watch the other laugh that beautiful laugh and smile that wonderful smile that brings butterflies to his guts.

 

 

 

 

“’Cause all of me, loves all of you. Love your curves and all your edges all your perfect imperfections. Give your all to me, I give my all to you. You’re my end and my beginning. Even when I lose I’m winning.”

 

 

 

Six years. Six years of being official. Six out of twenty-one long years.

 

Of experiencing many firsts together. That stinging pain that turns into pleasure. That sense of belonging and feeling cherished inch by inch, as fluttering kisses on skin and strong yet careful movements of bodies scrambled minds into bliss.

 

White bright lights and gazebos. Chilly nights with the wind blowing and the moon full. Stars and soft music. Wine and dancing. Bodies molding against each other, trust that with each dance step taken, the other might not feel the sting of toes being crushed. Laughter and singing that makes tears drop from the eyes.

Eyes, eyes full of adoration and love. Promises, lots of promises. Promises of giving the other all.

A ring.

Oh god, a ring.

 

“Yes.”

 

Everything’s perfect.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Standing in front of Lay as he tells him and Chanyeol to say their vows, Baekhyun is close to tears. The feeling inside him is unexplainable. It simply cannot. Not even an exaggerated simile can, but he’ll try.

“Life with you is like a never ending rollercoaster,” Baekhyun starts. “A never ending road trip with windows wide open, and a never ending hour when you try to teach me how to play guitar. It’s like that song you like to sing to me before sleep, promising to give me your all. It’s that way you look at me and tell me with your eyes that I’m all you see. Life with you is so exciting, thrilling- I never know what to expect!”

This time tears do fall down Baekhyun’s cheeks and Chanyeol has to reach over with two cupped hands to wipe the tears away with his thumbs. The taller of the two pulls the smaller close, hands still cupping Baekhyun’s face. They stare into each other’s eyes.

“Life with you, it’s- It’s everything Park Chanyeol. It’s feeling the fast thumping of my heart, the thrill of being able to sing and knowing you’re listening, and it’s being happy knowing that you would share everything you love and care for with me. Your sister asked me if I was ready. I’ve been getting that lately, but I know the answer,” Baekhyun laughs. In the audience Yura chuckles while her husband, Junmyeon holds her close, a proud smile on his face for his younger brother. Off to the side, their parents- fathers- are trying to calm their wives down. Baekhyun notices and smiles. Looking at Chanyeol he says, “I’m ready. I’m so ready. Because you complete me Park Chanyeol, like no one else can.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Our babies are growing up,” Mrs. Byun cries into her husband’s shoulder. He pats her with amusement before grabbing her left hand in his right, looking at his son then down to the ring on his wife’s finger and smiling. He kisses her hand and his wife doesn’t fail to notice. Mrs. Byun gives his forehead a soft kiss.

“Don’t start the waterworks Byun,” her best friend says, elbowing her and potentially ruining the moment between the two Byuns.

“Shouldn’t you be the one crying Park?” Mrs. Byun says, glancing at her son who seems to be trying to hold his tears in as Chanyeol begins his vows. “You’re their self-proclaimed number one fan.”

The two women sit up and grasp each other’s hands. They watch their two sons standing in front of them. One tall and the other short; one having to look down while the other looked up with shining eyes.

“They’re each other’s number one fan, silly,” Chanyeol’s mother finally replies.

“Be careful Park, wouldn’t want the waterworks to start,” her best friend teases.

“You two need to shut up. Our son’s saying his vows,” Mr. Park whispers, pulling his wife close.

The four proud parents chuckle and go back to their separate bubbles. They won’t admit it out loud but deep inside, they’re crying. Happy tears though, because their youngest child is growing up.

“Oh I do hope someone’s recording this.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Give me all of you….”

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol stands with Baekhyun in front of him and reaches over to wipe the tears on Baekhyun’s cheek for what may be the last time, because for now he plans on holding the other’s hands. As he thinks of the wedding band that’ll be on Baekhyun’s finger, he chokes up. He almost forgets his vows but the soothing feeling of Baekhyun’s thumb against his large hands comforts him and he begins.

 

“Byun Baekhyun,” Chanyeol gets out, staring down at Baekhyun’s hands in his and seeing how perfectly they fit. He finally looks up and once again, his breath hitches. Baekhyun’s biting his bottom lip as if in anticipation, and in his eyes Chanyeol can tell is encouragement for him to go on. Chanyeol takes a deep breath.

 

The two don’t understand though, that in the middle of them is a Chinese man close to tears. Lay, who’s lucky enough to get the front row seat to it all.

 

“Byun Baekhyun,” Chanyeol squeezes the other’s hand for support. “You annoy me with your excessive loud singing in the car. You’re always wearing my clothes around the house and making me wear yours, which by the way are small,” Chanyeol chuckles and grins at the way Baekhyun’s eyes fire up.

“You someway, somehow manage to forget everything I’ve taught you to play on the guitar, although I think that’s just so you could have my arms around you longer. You brutally keep me up at night with your puppy whimpers and kicking that I’ve somehow adapted and learned to hang on for dear life,” the audience laughs and Baekhyun blushes, wanting to smack Chanyeol for telling the whole world of their sleeping habits.

“Ya, Park Chanyeol. Did you make up a list of complaints or what?” He squints. Chanyeol shakes his head with a smile and continues feeling oddly, a sense of confidence in exposing his thoughts like this. 

“And you’re always waking me up to a day with which I will never know how to prepare for but I love it. I love you. Because each day is a brighter one and one I look forward waking up to. Your excessively loud singing comforts me in knowing you had a wonderful day. You wearing my clothes means that I get to wear your small ones, and even if they are too small, I get to smell like you, and walk around having a little bit of you. You intentionally forgetting what to play on the guitar means that I get to hold you closer too. And I’m filled with warmth each time we take a break and you sing along to songs I play.”

Chanyeol continues on and fails to realize that tears are pooling in Baekhyun’s eyes once again because he’s too much into it. Too into expressing his love for his best friend.

 

“You keep me up at night sometimes, but that means I get to wrap my arms around your waist, not only because I don’t want to fall off our bed, but because I want to hold you close. And I get to feel you in my arms until I wake up the next day and find you still in them, smiling up at me. And I think that’s one of the many things I’ll always look forward to.”

 

Marriage, oh, marriage.

 

It’s been one hell of a ride. One hell of a wedding. One hell of a reception. The bouquet’s been thrown, Baekhyun surprising Chanyeol when the other raised an eyebrow as he threw the flowers backwards and it landed on Minseok’s lap. Things had taken a surprising turn for the coffee lover as well, because as he had risen from his seat to sheepishly give it back, Kim Jongdae pulls him back and kisses him right on the lips, earning them a bunch of snickers from the rest of the guys at the table. Needless to say, Kim Jongdae had finally made up his mind.

 

 

Standing up on center stage, Chanyeol realizes that the tables have turned and it’s he who’s singing to Baekhyun and not the other way. It’s he who’s trying to put as much emotion into the words he’s trying to express and instead, it’s Baekhyun standing proud as he watches in awe. When he sings the first words of John Legend’s “All of Me”, the song he usually sings Baekhyun to sleep to, Chanyeol first struggles with the mic, trying to steady it while he attempts to play the piano at the same time.

It’s endearing to Baekhyun, watching how his husband continues to cutely struggle with the mic and sing until Kyungsoo finally sneaks in and steadies the mic for him, before leaving the giant to stand beside his own fiancé.

 

 

“Cards on the table we’re both showing hearts. Risking it although it’s hard.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

They say that marriage is a promise.

Lying down in the comfort of their bed and the safety of each other’s arms, Baekhyun and Chanyeol whisper sweet things to each other, bare legs tangled beneath their blankets, hot bodies molded against each other, lips sharing warm kisses. Baekhyun touches Chanyeol’s chest and feels the thumping of his heart. Chanyeol does the same to Baekhyun’s. They beat the same pace.

They smile. Taking each other’s hands, they look at the rings on their left, transfixed by all that it represents. Their friendship, their struggles, their love, and most importantly everything that’s made them come to this point. As Baekhyun falls asleep to Chanyeol’s soft promises of tomorrow, the other fondly watches over him.

 

“‘Cause all of me, loves all of you. Love your curves and all your edges. All your perfect imperfections. Give your all to me, I give my all to you. You’re my end and my beginning even when I lose I’m winning. ‘Cause I give you all of me and you give me all of you.”

 

 

 

 

 

A ring.

 

Oh god, a ring.

 

 

“I do.”

 

“I love you.”

 

 

Park Chanyeol and Park Baekhyun.

 

 

 

Life becomes exceptionally perfect.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End.