Lonely

"Ya! Park Chanyeoool!"

Sunlight breaks through light pink curtains, courtesy of a pretty deer, reminding a particular brunette still in his bed that a new day has begun. Birds flutter past the open window, letting the cool air in and the distant sounds of sirens as a fire truck passes by is heard, annoying the male in his sleep as he forces himself to wake up. Who the sets their house on fire at 5 in the dang morning? 

Baekhyun groans, stretching his arms up above him and wipes his mouth of any remnants of drool or puke from last night's dosage of alcohol and rough partying. He smacks his head, because god this damn hangover. He shuffles on his bed as he looks beside him at the calendar on his wall. Red crosses marking every day since his bestfriend left and the five months that he hasn't been contacted. That jerk. Baekhyun remembers why he's been so distracted ever since summer ended. It's been a couple months since that jerk has left and since he's not distracted by hanging out with family or Kyungsoo and Luhan, he gets reminded of just how much he misses his best friend. No phone calls. No texts. No emails. No letters. NO CONTACT WHATSOEVER! The Park Chanyeol, boisterous and clingy bestfriend of Byun Baekhyun, broke his promise of contacting him while he was gone on a business trip. Again, that jerk! 

"Ya! Park Chanyeol, are we still friends you oversized, insensitive oaf?" 

Shuffling through photos of him and Chanyeol in his phone-no he isn't simping-the smaller male began his routine of moping and chewing on junk foods. Forget this hangover, he's going to stay in this bed, in this room, doing whatever he wants. Deciding to be wild today, the brunette sat up on his bed and reached over to his blue bedside table to grab the TV remote. His left hand was stuffed in a bag of cheesy chips, his hand furiously changing the channels, until he was satisfied. Sighing because there was nothing on, Baekhyun gets up to walk towards his TV, almost falling, and turns right back around to drink the pain reliever his mom had left on his table. Satisfied, he goes back and searches his DVD drawers for any movies. He grabs the first Disney movie he finds and sees that it's Beauty and the Beast. Smiling at his choice, he inserts it into his DVD player and the movie begins to play. Walking back to his bed, Baekhyun doesn't forget to check how he looks. The small male stops and huffs at his reflection on his stand up mirror because of course he wasn't depressed! Looking at his reflection, he frowns. His brown hair is mussed everywhere, the eye liner he didn't bother to take off from partying last night was now messed up, his face had imprints of his bed covers and he looked like a child in one of Chanyeol's shirts. Patting the black shirt down, it was big enough on him that it looked like a dress. His boxers were clearly hidden underneath, but the smaller male did acknowledge how flawless his shaved legs looked. And no, he didn't steal the shirt from Chanyeol. The giant simply liked to sleep over and leave his things behind. 

"I look hideous. Ugh remind me again why I'm acting like a lonely bum. Oh wait. Because I am!" Baekhyun laughs at his joke, starting to think that he himself was crazy. Of course he was the single one. All his friends were taken and mushing their faces and oozing fluff every day ever since school started. 

 "Damn that trip we took. Those gushy losers have gotten even more gushy," he mumbles. It's not that he doesn't like that all his best friends have started dating each other. He is guilty as charged for helping them to gradually fess up and get together, so he is proud of that. What can he say? He's good at that stuff. But still. Help a brother out with his love life, you know? Baekhyun jumps into his bed, and presses play. The small male sang along to every song he knew as he watched the movie, chewing on a snack bar every now and then before eating his breakfast later. Of course, he sang along with Mother Pot, belting out the words in English because, yes, he knows English, and second this was his jam. "Tale as old as time! Song as old as rhyme! Beauty and the Beast!"

"Ya, Park Chanyeol," the small male says to no one, "I'm making myself the Beauty. You can be the Beast. And can someone please be Gaston so that this dumb giant realizes how important I am? Agh seriously." Baekhyun gets out from his bed after the movie's finished because it's now seven o'clock and he's not a barbarian so yes, he's going to take a shower. Grumbling as he took out another one of Chanyeol's large black shirts-why does Chanyeol have so many? Krisus!- and a pair of boxers and ripped light blue faded jeans, he jumps into the shower, singing along to 2NE1's "Come Back Home" on his phone even though he's an SNSD fan and Chanyeol's the Blackjack.  

Putting on his eyeliner and drying his hair with his towel, Baekhyun stared at his reflection and smirks because, he wasn't one of the hottest seniors at his school for nothing. He greets his mom with a kiss on the cheek when he arrives at the dining table to eat breakfast. Munching on a yummy and syrupy piece of French toast, he surfs his instagram and sees that stupid Park Chanyeol has updated a picture of the him in the city, with 'San Francisco!' as his caption, his usual winky face and V-sign adoring his cute baby face. Incredulous that the giant had the energy to do that but not even text or call, (okay yes, maybe global calls cost a lot, but still! At least a minute to say hi!) Baekhyun likes the picture anyway before huffing and tearing up his last piece of toast. His mother, looking through the newspaper and sipping her coffee before going to the hospital, chuckles at her son's behavior.  

 

"Mom! Look at this!" Baekhyun shows his mother the picture his best friend updated, aware that he sounded like a whiny baby. "He can do this but he can't even call me! I swear once he comes back home, I'm going to rip that smug grin off his face." 

"Calm down, Baek," a sip of coffee and a rustle of newspaper, "Maybe Chanyeol is just shy like that. Maybe he's scared you made new friends while he was gone and decided not to talk to you." Mrs. Byun smiles at her son. 

"Impossible," Baekhyun grabs two additional pieces of toasts before dumping a huge glob of syrup on them. Food is his source of happiness. The duo didn't get to to spend the last few months of their second year of high school together because Chanyeol had gone on an early trip to America with his father in order to get a taste of what he'd be inheriting once they graduated college. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were now in their third year so it was a pretty early move, but then again Mr. Park was pretty random like that. But, Park Ent. had to be one of the most promising businesses in South Korea with hundreds of employees and several idols or trainees with busy schedules. Mr. Park was at the top of his game; he probably just wanted to hang out with his son. 

 

 

Flashback:

"Don't worry Baek! It's only 5 months! I'll be back before you can even say, I miss you Chanyeol."

Baekhyun scoffed. "Oh please, who said I would miss you, you goof." Taking his backpack and pulling his giant best friend's ear, they began their walk home. The upcoming summer breeze blowing on their faces. 

"Ow! Ow! Ya! Baekhyun!" Chanyeol whined. It didn't really hurt but being dragged by the short boy was pretty awkward...and strained his back. 

"Ya, Park Chanyeol if you don't shut up I'm forever not talking to you."Chanyeol knew his small best friend was lying but he pouted anyway. Who said messing with his bestfriend wasn't fun? 

 "Is this how you treat me after 12 years of friendship?!"  Chanyeol faked a shocked face and clutched his chest. 

"I'm surprised I'm even alive after all these years," Baekhyun crossed his arms, a playful smirk on his face. 

 "Please, anyone would be lucky to be hanging out with a handsome being like me," Chanyeol replied. He slung an arm around Baekhyun and they both laughed.

 

 

Mouth full of sweet goodness, Baekhyun's mind goes off to his best friend. 

What could you be doing right now Channie? Do you miss me?