Confess

"Ya! Park Chanyeoool!"

“Are you sure?”

Baekhyun’s ears can’t believe the valuable information that had just flown through. A minute has passed since Chanyeol had spoken and his mind still couldn’t process what the hell was going on. Is he hallucinating or did Park Chanyeol just confess to him? Is this playing a joke or what? Baekyhun shifts their positions, placing distance between himself and Chanyeol while he sets his pillow in between their bodies as a barrier. It looks childish but who cares? Chanyeol chuckles and shifts his body to face Baekhyun, his right hand supporting his head and his left reaching over the pillow to tease his best friend.

“YA! Don’t go over the barrier!” The smaller male sits up and quickly crosses his arms, and although it’s dark, Chanyeol knows he has a small pout on his face. The giant laughs again and pulls his left hand back just in case Baekhyun decides to smack it like he usually does  

“Soooooo Baek, sure about what?” the red head lies back down on the bed, his left arm once again covering his eyes and peeks over. He snickers because of Baekhyun’s position, his face cushioned between his two hands making his already chubby cheeks chubbier, his face in concentration. So cute.

Is Chanyeol playing a prank on me again? Because I’ll throw him out the damn window. Baekhyun’s thoughts distract him from the other male and while biting his lips he contemplates whether or not he should ask. Does he have the balls? no! Wait. HELL YEAH! Byun Baekhyun is the definition of having balls when it comes to getting what he wants, and right now, what he wants is an explanation of why this monkey was straying from the topic and teasing him. You don’t just confess (if that was a confession of course. Chanyeol almost always throws the L-word, so) and pretend nothing happened. Like, hello? The smaller male breaks from his thoughts before looking up at Chanyeol who’s now shuffling under his blanket having the lights minutes ago. Baekhyun feels somewhat cold but doesn’t complain. He asks the same question.

“Are you sure?”

“Sure about what Baek?” Chanyeol feigns curiosity although he knows exactly what his best friend is asking. And Baekhyun flips his . This .

Gosh damnit. Why the hell is this giant monkey making my life so hard? One day you go on and on, making me want to scream and melt in joy…and the next, well, in frustration! Baekhyun pretends to choke his best friend in his mind, the funny image of his small frame throwing the giant out causing him to softly chuckle and lessening his annoyance. He looks at the red haired male sitting beside him once again, his black long sleeves and gray sweats making him look awfully warm that he wants to just jump in and cuddle up. He doesn’t realize that the other has noticed his staring until he looks up once again and is surprised by the blinding smile Chanyeol gives him, his perked eyebrows and grin hinting that he knew exactly what the other was doing. Baekhyun grins back sheepishly mumbling, “I was not staring just now.”

“No, no, it’s perfectly normal to pay attention to your very attractive best friend Baekkie-Boo. I understand. I do it too.”

“Yeah?” Baekhyun thinks his best friend either doesn’t hear the sarcasm in his tone or just doesn’t give a because he simply gets a, “Yup!”

“Shush,” Baekyhun lies back down on his bed, the pillow still very much set in the middle as a barrier. He places his arms behind his head and feels his t-shirt rise up, exposing a small patch of his soft silky skin. He doesn't notice Chanyeol looking, his throat gulping down saliva while looking at the exposed skin. Baekhyun then looks over at Chanyeol who’s already resolved to flipping through TV channels, and back at his bedside table where his alarm clock now says it was two in the morning. Baekhyun groans because although it’s Friday, how the is he going to last the whole day with probably less than 5 hours of sleep? He chooses to relax and let Chanyeol do whatever he wants because the younger did invite himself over.

Baekhyun relaxes his body and pulls on the blanket that’s wrapped around Chanyeol, smirking because now the giant had no blanket. He chooses to not walk to his closet to get another one for the male. Hehe, I’ll show you what Diva Baek truly is when he doesn’t get what he wants. Go freeze in your sleep or something.

The small male wraps himself in a burrito because although it wasn’t that cold, he loves being warm. Shifting to sleeping mode, he closes his eyes and doesn’t hear the sound of the TV being turned off because the volume was low in the first place. There’s shuffling movement on his bed, and Baekhyun figures the other was getting ready to go to sleep, although without a blanket. After a while, the movement stops and he can hear Chanyeol’s soft breathing. The light still isn’t turned off and annoyed, Baekhyun turns around ready to smack Chanyeol and yell at him that it’s a waste of electricity and he’s going to pay. What he sees is a very cute looking Chanyeol in a fetal position looking at him with a pout, pretending to shiver, even though Baekhyun could tell the younger was lying behind that familiar gleam in the monkey’s eyes. Naughty, naughty Chanyeol. This is going nowhere. Baekyhun ignores him and simply rolls his eyes, telling him to turn the lights off before turning his back to Chanyeol and hiding inside his burrito. Two can play.

“Psssssst! Pssssssssssssst! Baek. Byun Baekhyun. Baekkie. Baekkie-boo. Baekhyun Byun. Byunnie. Hello? You awake? The lights still aren’t off. Can you get it?” Chanyeol grins while whispering a little too loudly. His favorite past time is annoying his best friend as much as he can and he grins wider because he knows by the all too sudden movement of the smaller’s body that he succeeded.

“Park Chanyeol, I will kill you.”

“You love meeeeeee,” Chanyeol sings getting a grunt in reply. He moves closer and pulls the pillow barrier away, throwing the annoying thing in front of him and not caring that it lands on the floor. With his sneaky mind and prankstery ways, Chanyeol sits up and gets even closer to the other (personal space is not in his dictionary when it involves his best friend), careful not to push Baekyhun who’s already moved towards the edge of the bed. Although the sight of Baekhyun falling like a mummy would make his stomach hurt of laughter, he didn’t want to get his beat this early in the morning. Or be the main reason for why a y Baekhyun was alive and running in school. His eyes snake down Baekhyun’s figure and with his mischievous grin, he raises his arms ready to tickle Baekhyun when suddenly the male in front of him yells AHHHHHH! and Chanyeol feels two legs wrap around his waist and flip him down to the floor.

“My !” The giant rubs his bottom which thankfully was cushioned by the pillow he’d thrown down earlier. He glares at the male still on the bed laughing loudly, his body shaking and his hands clapping because god that was funny.

“Byun Baekyhun, I will kill you!” Chanyeol gets up from the floor and throws himself to the laughing male and vigorously starts tickling him. Baekhyun starts laughing even louder and Chanyeol gets his revenge by tickling everywhere, even the spot on his best friend’s neck that he knows is sensitive to the male. The laughter of both males fill the air and Chanyeol can’t help thinking that he’s missed all the tickle fights and sleepovers they’ve had but couldn’t do anymore because they were either too busy or too tired from other things. He gets distracted because suddenly two apparently strong legs (it's those damn thighs) wrap around his waist once again and makes him fall onto the bed causing him to give a soft oof! Chanyeol looks up at a very red and gasping for breath Baekhyun whose arms and legs were now positioned on either side of him as he sat his on Chanyeol’s lower region. The younger male decides his best friend hasn’t realized their intimate position because the elder’s eyes were still closed and still breathing deeply, a smile plastered on his face. Chanyeol decides that he doesn’t care and wants to take the elder’s breath away again. His arms wrap around his best friend’s waist and pulls him down into his embrace. Baekyhun gives an oof! as well when he’s suddenly pulled down and can’t breathe with his face planted into Chanyeol’s shirt.

“Ya. Park Chanyeol,” Chanyeol hums in reply. “Ya! Park Chanyeol! Either loosen up or watch me die from my lungs bursting!”

Chanyeol laughs and loosens his embrace, “Haha you’re so cute Baek.”

“I know,” Baekhyun places both of his hands on Chanyeol’s chest, his chin on top of them and grins up at his best friend. Chanyeol rolls his eyes and laughs.

“I see you’ve practiced your modesty.”

“No, I hear I’m cute every day so it’s not fresh news,” Baekhyun moves his arms upwards and wraps them around Chanyeol’s neck, basking in the younger’s warmth and loving every second of it.

Neither really knows how they got to the position but are comfortable with it. The smaller male feeling Chanyeol’s warmth and strong and protective arms around his waist as usual and Chanyeol whose senses are haywire because of the light bundle named Baekhyun wrapped in his arms that make him think he belongs in them forever, the smell of his best friend’s strawberry scent, and the loving soft touch of Baekhyun’s fingers wrapped around his neck rubbing circles and relaxing his body.

“Well I think I should be the only one you hear that from Baek.”

Baekhyun fails to hide his wide smile because ing finalllllllllyyyyyy, they’re back to the topic again. Who’d have thought that it would take him kicking Chanyeol off the bed and a tickle fight to get the younger to talk again? Sheeesh talk about playing hard to get. Now that he thinks about it, thank god he's not the one confessing first. Hehehe, fate is on his side.

“And why would it need to be only you Yeollie?”

“Because-“

“Becaaaauussseee?”

“Shuuuuushhhhh Baek, lemme finish sheesh,” Chanyeol whines and Baekhyun laughs. “As I was saaaaaying. You should only hear compliments like that from me Baek, because I’m your best friend and I get ultimate rights on you. Obviously.”

“Park Chanyeol are you being serious right now?” Baekhyun pokes his bestfriend’s chest. Chanyeol moves their position so now his back was against the headboard with his muscular arms still around Baekhyun who’s now sitting on top of him and snuggled into the embrace.

“Duh, can’t you sense my seriousness righ’now?” Chanyeol replies while grabbing the blanket and wrapping themselves in it.

“And how is this exactly serious? I don’t even know what you’re talking about.”

“Wellllllllllll…” How does Chanyeol explain why he suddenly comes over after a tiring school day, demands a sleep over, and then gives a confession? “The thing is…”

“Spit it out Park Chanyeol before I kick you out goofball. It is damn, what? Three in the morning and we have less than four hours to sleep before we have school to go to. Out with it.” Baekhyun speeds things up because his curiosity was killing him and he still needs a damn clarification.

“Alright, I’m just gonna come ou-“

“OMG you’re gay!? Not that it's bad or anyth---”

“BYUN BAEKHYUN PLEASE LET ME FINISH MY SENTENCES.”

Okay, you may commence.”

“As I was saaaaying. AGAIN. BaekhyunIthinkIlikeyouandyoumightbereallyshockedbecauseIknowIsaidthatbestfriendscan’tdate… andIknowthatwe’rebestfriendsbutstillIreallylikeyouandI’veknownthatforawhilenowit’sjustthatIhaven’treallyadmittedittomyselftilrecently. Ok I’m sorry, I’ll stop now.”

He doesn’t know how exactly he understood what the hell Chanyeol had just said, maybe years of knowing the goof (his nicknames for the giant have immensely upgraded), but the younger’s words have Baekhyun’s mind spinning. He can sense the speeding beat of the younger’s heart and smiles up fondly at Chanyeol who’s looking around, nervously avoiding eye contact after the confession.

“Park Chanyeol look at me,” Baekhyun softly whispers and gives the giant a soft smile when he looks. “I honestly don’t know how the I understood all of that, but I did.” Chanyeol laughs softly and relaxes. “So let me get this straight. You, Park Chanyeol,” Baekhyun points to Chanyeol, “likes me? Byun Baekhyun?” Baekhyun points to himself with a grin. Chanyeol shakes his head and Baekhyun gives him a questioning look. Sighing in defeat because he knows lying is wrong, Chanyeol slowly nods his head, smiling when Baekhyun chuckles and pinches his cheeks.

“Smile Yeollie, you look so much cuter like that.”

“You think I’m…cute?”

“Well of course! I think you’re always cute,” Baekhyun blushes. Chanyeol forgets about his own shyness and starts smiling.

“Oh really now? Because Byun Baekhyun, I do too. All the time.

“Uh. Uhm. Wha? Eh?” , Baekhyun can’t stop the incoherent words coming out of his mouth. He feels like jumping off a bridge and then doing it all over again because the impossible has become possible.

“You’re so cute Baekkie. And you have such an amazing voice,” Chanyeol touches Baekhyun’s soft cheek his with right hand and kisses the smaller male’s forehead. “You’re also good at everything and never fail to remind me how smarter and better you are than me, because I admit you are. You also never fail to surprise me with how quick your moods change from sweet Baekhyun to the Diva. I like all of you and your whole existence in this world and I don’t think anyone else, especially your fan girls AND boys have more rights than I do to be as close and cuddly with you like this.”

Baekhyun blushes,  a big smile on his face, and Chanyeol mirrors him. “Well then, I guess this means it’s true you like me Yeollie and that I'm not dreaming. I totes knew it’d happen someday. Bahahah. Can't handle the fab anymore huh?”

“Ya! Are you rejecting me or not? Do you like me back because I’m confused right now cos you haven’t given me an answer.” Chanyeol whines, eagerly asking his best friend. After getting kicked off the bed and expressing all his feelings, he figures there’s probably no dignity or shame of his left and he should just get what he wants. Baekhyun on the other hand wants to be a tease and turn his back to the giant, a grin on his face.

“…”

“Baek,” Chanyeol pokes Baekhyun’s shoulder, but gets not reply. He then resorts to poking his best friend’s neck, but still no response. Alright then, guess he’ll have to go there. Chanyeol pokes his best friend’s bubbly .

“…”

“Seriously?” the younger male keeps poking his best friend’s , laughing while the fat jiggled and noticing just how nice his best friend’s is. Not that he’d ever admit it to his face. No, no, it’ll just boost the diva’s already high ego. And then he’ll flaunt his and then Chanyeol will have to compete with other girls and boys who’ll check his best friend’s body (and ) and Chanyeol can’t have any of that. Byun Baekhyun is his best friend/crush. Like he said. He gets all (best friend) ultimate rights.  

Baekhyun wriggles in the blanket and laughs, telling the other to quit poking his or he’ll fart in his face. “Okay, okay. Leeeeeettttt’s just say I feel the same Yeollie. This is a lot to process! I mean come on!”

“Come on WHAT?!” Chanyeol grins at Baekhyun who's now looking at him. 

“Oh my god, please don’t tell me you immature goof,” the small male smacks his forehead.

“Hehehe,” Chanyeol smirks naughtily. “I didn’t say anything Baek. What are you talking about? Get your mind out of the gutter you.”

“…”

“Soooooo, since you called me cute, does this mean you like me back?”

“You know what I’m talking about! I know you and your evil mind Yeollie. And yes you dumb . Gosh, how I’m gonna regret telling you this.”

“YES!! And why would you regret ever telling me? Your most awesome, and handsomest bestfriend and boyfriend. We are dating now right???? ”

HELL TO THE ING NO.”

“WHAT?! I just expressed my love for you, you tell me you like me back, but you reject me?!” Baekhyun can’t help but laugh because is his best friend really this dumb?

“Yeol, calm down before I smack you. It’s freaking THREE IN THE DAMN MORNING. Can you not yell in my ear PLEASE? Ask me again when it’s morning and I’ve got my beauty sleep and I’m sane enough to realize this was real or I’m gonna kick your . GOOD NIGHT.” The smaller male doesn't care and snuggles closer to a bewildered Chanyeol whose strong arms wrap tight around him and closes his eyes, letting out a comfortable sigh before drifting off to sleep. He was going to say yes, sleep or no sleep, but teasing Chanyeol and leaving him hanging for a few more hours wouldn't hurt. Baha.

“But-“ Chanyeol pouts while snuggling as well.

“The only here is yours when I kick it. Shut up and sleep.”

“Fiiiiiine. Good night……BABE.” No shame.

“Ugh.”

Baekhyun wakes up with his alarm clock blaring next to him, and without opening his eyes, his arm smacks around until it hits the target and stops the annoying sound. He wants to get up and stretch but a particular weight on his stomach forces him to turn and look behind him and he’s met with the face of a sleeping Chanyeol, the male’s round eyes and long eyelashes closed, his nose scrunched up in a way that makes him look cute, and Chanyeol’s lips slightly apart that Baekhyun can hear the other’s soft breathing. Memories of yesterday’s confession brings a fond smile on his face, and with the good? night’s sleep he got, he’s 95% sure that those were real. He screams in joy inside his head, 'YAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS!' 

Baekhyun moves the younger’s bangs from his away and softly kisses his forehead.  He knows how tired his best friend is, knowing that they both had only 3 hours of sleep, and he really should be nice by nudging his best friend awake like he usually does but who gives a ? Baekhyun gently moves the male’s warm and protective arm from his stomach, kissing the younger’s hand before slowly getting up. With a sly grin, Baekhyun screams at the top of his lungs and vigorously jumps around on his bed while avoiding crushing his best friend.

“CCCCCCCCHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAANNNYEEEEEEEEOOOOOOLLLLLLLL! CHANYEOL CHANYEOL CHANYEOL CHANYEOL! WAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYY WAAAAKKKKEEEEY! GET THE UP YOU UGLY GIANT!”

“Urggghhhh, five more minutes mom…” Chanyeol groans in his sleep, 25% awake, 25% asleep, and 75% annoyed with the loud ruckus.

“YA! *jump* PARK CHANYEOL. *jump* IS THIS YOUR WAY OF GREETING YOUR NEW *jump* BOYFRIEND *jump* GOOD MORNING?! FINE *jump jump*, SINCE YOU WON’T *jump* GET UP *jump* RIGHT NOW. LET’S BREAK UP!”

Baekhyun stifles his giggles when the lie does the trick, waking the younger up in shock. Chanyeol quickly rubs the sleep from his eyes, ruffles his messy red hair, and immediately gets up and jumps out of the bed.

WAIT! No! I’m up! I’m up! I didn’t agree to breaking up!!!!”

“HAHAHHAHAHHA!” Chanyeol glares down at a laughing Baekhyun on the bed clutching his stomach once again, and the giant can’t help but think this literally just happened yesterday. “YA, you , stop laughing this isn’t funny.”

“IT TOTALLY IS. HAHAHAHAH!” the smaller male continues to laugh while Chanyeol walks towards the closet and gets out a pair of casual clothing for them to wear to school since they don’t have to wear their uniform today. The giant takes out matching black hoodies from Baekhyun’s closet, and rummages around the drawers knowing the elder keeps some of his clothes there just in case. Chanyeol smiles when he finds one of his favorite shirts. He looks back and FINALLY his best friend stopped laughing.

“Get up Baekhyun or I’ll kick your out.”

“This is my room Chanyeol.”

“This is practically my room too you know,” Chanyeol grins and walks back towards Baekhyun. “Because…” The smaller male falls back on his bed with Chanyeol hovering over him. “I am your boyfriend.”

Pshhhhh. I didn’t say yes yet.”

Yet you say," Chanyeol winks, "That’s not what you were saying when you were jumping around, babe,” the pet name makes Baekhyun blush and makes the other chuckle.

“Shut up.”

“So is that a yes?”

“…yes…” Baekhyun mumbles. Damnit this early in the morning and the giant already has him wrapped around his fingers. This . This is totally unfair.

“What? I couldn’t hear you,” Chanyeol grins, faking deafness.

“I said. Yes Park Chanyeol I will date you,” ing stupid oaf and your stupid pranks and your stupid cute smile and ugh.

“All I needed to hear.”