Her

"Ya! Park Chanyeoool!"

Chanyeol doesn't know why his brain chose to fart and die on him when he saw Baekhyun. But when he finally regained his senses, Chanyeol chose to do the right thing. Save his white . "I mean, I think I like you...with that new hairstyle Baek. I told you you'd look hot," he mentally slaps himself (their audience does too) because that wasn't even a nice save and Baekhyun's too smart for that lie. He's not in the school's top ten for nothing. Apparently, Chanyeol was wrong because in front of him is a Byun Baekhyun smiling at the compliment because he actually believes that Chanyeol does only like his new look. 

Kyungsoo, the only sane and unphased one, glances down at his watch and states they only have 3 minutes to run to first period, getting the others out of their Chanyeol shock. They look around to a classroom now filled with band students and they hurriedly grab their things before running out and saying bye. Luhan, Kris, and Kyungsoo run off to their literature class. Jongin grabs Tao and Sehun, the three second years laughing down the halls as they race towards history. 

Kyungsoo, Luhan, and Kris arrive earlier than they expected and sit in their seats, panting and fanning themselves from all the running they did to get to Lit. Class.

"Holy , I am so glad I don't have a P.E. class or sport because I'm beat!" Kyungsoo lays back in his seat, laughing and gulps down water, his throat dry from his sprint. "Gosh, what was Chanyeol thinking when he confessed like that?" 
 
Luhan, who's sitting next to him, laughs as well because damn, he doesn't even run this fast during basketball practices. "That was even more funny than seeing our boyfriends' looks when they saw us. Hey Kris, you want water?" The taller male nods furiously and the pretty deer throws him his bottle, the other chugging it down.
 
"Ya, aren't you our basketball captain? You shouldn't be tired!"
 
"Shush deer hyung, it's too damn early to be running this fast. My senior pride has disheveled with all the running we did just to get to class on time," Kris shakes his head disapprovingly at other seniors coming in late. Luhan smacks him on his head and laughs. 

"So do any of you guys actually think that Chanyeol hyung only likes Baekhyun hyung because of his haircut? Because I'm pretty sure that goof was lying," Kyungsoo fixes his uniform and magenta hair. "I saw with my own two round eyes." 

His angry bird hyung looks towards him, "I don't know Kyung. But actually this morning, he may or may not have confessed to us guys that he likes Baekhyun. Jongin has a recording of it. I think Chanyeol's realized he has feelings but hasn't confirmed what they're for yet." 
 
A fellow basketball player sits down next to Kris, shocking him and says, "Hey you guys! Have you heard the news this morning?"
 
Kris's eyebrows furrow and Kyungsoo laughs. Angry bird hyung, hehe. Luhan elbows him and urges the guy to keep talking. "Heard what?" 
 
"That two new kids transferred all the way from California! Apparently one's a senior like us and she went here her freshman year. I saw her this morning and she's a babe! The other's her cousin and she's a second year. She's also pretty. I found out her name is Jung Krystal." The brown haired male continues to speak excitedly before going to his own seat and says, "Oh yeah, I also heard that the older one Park Chanyeol's ex. Man, he's lucky."
 
Luhan slowly turns to Kris with widened eyes and somehow they know what they're thinking. Kyungsoo looks like he doesn't know what the hell's going on and asks them what's wrong. Who the hell is this girl and why is that guy saying she's Chanyeol's ex? Luhan could only shake his head in shock and asks Kris to tell the younger what was wrong. Kyungsoo's eyes couldn't get any wider.
 
Meanwhile, the three maknaes Jongin, Sehun and Tao didn't really make it on time as they were too busy creating ruckus down the halls. Because it, they're only second years. 
 
"YYYYYYOOOLLLLOOOO!" A yelling Tao runs past open classrooms, his blue coat flapping behind him. Jongin with his wild blonde hair, was running around waving his hands and surprising other late students. Sehun was too busy sauntering coolly, with his hands in his pockets to act like an elementary kid. 
 
"You guys are stupid," the cool maknae manages to calm his two best friends as they make their way to history, sneakily avoiding the hall monitor like ninjas and jumping into their open classroom door, low fiving each other in their seats because their teacher didn't see them come in a couple seconds late. At the front, their teacher shakes his head smiling as he writes on the board the daily lesson. Of course he saw those three. Those monkeys did this all the time!
 
Chanyeol and Baekhyun were left standing by themselves laughing at how funny they're friends looked, forgetting the taller's awkward...confession? Anyways, they're seniors! You'd think that after two years of running to get to class would teach them that if you're already late, might as well be and walk. But when the last bell rings, neither complains when the other holds onto their hand and laughs wildly as they run towards Calculus.

The duo barely makes it before their Calculus teacher closed the door, earning them a disapproving look from the man. "Now you two, I know it's almost winter break but please be here on time for your tests tomorrow okay?"

"Yes Mr. Kim!" Chanyeol and Baekhyun bow down and walk over to their shared table. The teacher's pets in the front, scoff at them while the rest of the class simply laughs and high fives them for their nice entrance. Their Calculus teacher begins to teach in his monotone voice, resulting in the usual nodding off of heads as students fall asleep. Others have resorted to creating spitballs and snickering every once in a while when a person yelped. Chanyeol on the other hand, was clumsily twirling his pencil and making Baekhyun laugh with his stupid jokes. The two were in their own world. Suddenly, the door opens and in comes the school's assistant principal, clad in her tight high bun and black work clothes, catching the class of guard who was now swiftly trying to make themselves presentable students.  The clicking of her black high heels echoed throughout the silent and anticipating room, the door still left ajar, a figure barely seen outside. The assistant principal coughs and fixes her red glasses before calmly speaking. 

"Good morning senior class! I'll have you know, that this is of course, testing week, so you guys should better pay attention for today's review! Mr. Kim here is one of our best calculus teachers," she smiles up at Mr. Kim. A couple students grimace because Ewh? Teachers flirting? They watch the two teachers make googly eyes, until the class clown says, "Uh, Ms. Tan? Why are you here other than to look at Mr. Kim?" The class erupts in laughter and a visible red tint on their AP cheeks could be seen. 
 
"Anyways, I'm not here to reprimand you for your immature acts but I've come here to introduce a new student that has transferred here all the way from California."
 
Chanyeol who was still busily entertaining Baekhyun with his funny jokes suddenly stops and starts to listen, his ears perking up at the sound of 'student' and 'California'. Baekhyun's smile lowers and he looks at his best friend questioning what was wrong. 
 
The taller male shifts in his seat and whispers to him, "Apparently we're getting a new student. From California." The giant hints Baekhyun to the impossible.
 
 Baekhyun doesn't know why, but his stomach suddenly ties in a knot, his mind telling him something was going to happen. Suddenly, he felt that Calculus wouldn't be a fun class anymore. Chanyeol also looks as if he feels the same, and clutches the smaller's hand, who responds by giving him a smile. The duo look towards the front of the class as the AP continues speaking.
 
 "She was a former student here her first year but will be attending school here until the end of this year. Ms. Song here, will also be graduating with your senior class. Please kindly show your roles as the seniors of this school by treating her nicely and helping her out," the AP holds her left arm out towards the door as if beckoning the figure to come inside. The rest of the class remain quiet in anticipation as the figure enters. Her long straight black hair flowing down her shoulders and her white blouse and blue skirt (school uniform) fitting her body quite snugly, attracting some whistles. What really surprises them is her face. 
 
"Good morning, my name is Song Haylee. Nice to meet you," the girl in the front greets the rest of the class. Her bright smile on her white flawless face awing some of the guys and making some of the girls scoff at their wild hormones. Some wave and cheer because they recognize the new student. Song Haylee, one of the school's old top females their freshman year and also top female theater performer. The said girl smiles at her now classmates and bows once again. Ms. Tan and Mr. Kim talk before the AP left Mr. Kim with his class. Mr. Kim tells Haylee to sit at the middle row and as she walks by to her seat, she doesn't fail to recognize a certain red haired giant and a dirty blonde male. She glances at them, a half smile half smirk on her face before sitting at her seat and greeting those around her.
 
Chanyeol is frozen in his seat and clutches Baekhyun's hand tighter, their intertwined fingers squeezed when he sees the girl walk past, his breathe hitching because he saw her glance over. Baekhyun could hardly breathe because here she was, three years later. The reason why Baekhyun doesn't give a crap about highschool girls anymore. The person that almost broke Chanyeol's and Baekhyun's friendship but only made it stronger. The person that Baekhyun feared would come into his best friend's life again. Park Chanyeol's obsessive ex, Song Haylee and Byun Baekhyun's worst enemy.
 
"Chanyeol," Baekhyun's voice barely comes out as a whisper, his knuckles turning white with all the pressure he's getting from his best friend's hand. He could feel the younger tense up while he looked down at the table, zoning out. Baekhyun struggles to get his hand out from Chanyeol's grip and decides to then use his left hand to pat Chanyeol's left arm as he places his cheek on the taller's shoulder to relax him.  He can sense Chanyeol relaxing until he hears a sigh and Baekhyun lets out a relieved smile. The class is still going on and Baekhyun hasn't seen anyone look back at them. Not letting go of his best friend's hand, he pokes his head under the taller's face, placing it on the table's brown tahi store making his cute derp face to make the other feel better. Chanyeol looks up and smiles, squeezing the smaller's hand and then letting go. 
 
Chanyeol ruffles his red hair and allows his best friend to wrap his comforting small arms around his waist. Chanyeol slings his left arm around Baekhyun's shoulder, pulling him closer towards his chest. He now has a lot of running around in his mind and it was barely 9 o'clock in the morning. He could tell it was gonna be a loooong day. He was so surprised at the revelation this morning when he realized he really does like Baekhyun more than a friend. He was embarrassed with his little white lie and hiding his true feelings too. Now, Haylee had to come back at the most inconvenient time and ruin his happy life with Baekhyun. Yes, happy life with Baekhyun. He was scared because the last time he saw Haylee was when he had broken up with her obsessiveness and clingyness and after finding out that she was also being mean and fake towards others, especially Baekhyun. He can't help but feel somewhat scared that the same events would reoccur, not that he'd ever actually date her again. Hell, no. Haylee can kiss him goodbye. Maybe not the kiss part though.
 
Because he only has eyes for his bestfriend.  Park Chanyeol definitely likes Byun Baekhyun.