Intro

"Ya! Park Chanyeoool!"

It's January 13, the first day back from winter break. Chanyeol is seated in front of one of the drum sets in the room, casually twirling a pair of drumsticks in his hands as he waits for his last class to start. He's been earning a few curious glances from the music students ever since he'd arrived 5 minutes ago. Kyungsoo who just so happened to be in the same class had asked 'Why are you here?' which Chanyeol replied with a 'Changed my schedule' and a grin while the other rolled his eyes and walked away. 

Chanyeol chuckles because he's sure the students aren't expecting him to be in the same class, much less the music one his boyfriend takes. Shouldn't he be in basketball gym with the rest of his team? Sike, he has that after school now. He's been planning this actually, after watching a couple of Baekhyun's performances and feeling like crap missing out on some because of games. Plus the fact that they were dating now and he wanted to annoy his boyfriend just a little bit more with his presence. Oh, and you can't forget that Chanyeol's in love with Baekhyun's voice. Asking his counselor to change his sixth period was a done deal. The red head giant plays it cool, waving to his new classmates with his signature grin and earnestly waits to surprise the person he really wants to come through the classroom door.

"Mind if I start playing the drums for a bit?" the giant asks, and their teacher shoos him away with permission. Suddenly, the room is filled with slightly loud drumming and everyone's looking at him with surprised faces. Who knew Chanyeol could play instruments?

Baekhyun walks towards his sixth period, excitedly preparing himself for what his music teacher has prepared for them. A short skit? An instrumental project? A song to sing? He's also very excited to see the new comers of second semester. Having been in the program since his first year, he'd gone through the sadness of saying good bye to old faces and excitement of seeing new faces and fresh talents. As he mindlessly enters the door and greets his classmates, bowing to their teacher before sitting beside Kyungsoo and earning a smirk, Baekhyun fails to notice a particularly red haired giant seated at the far corner. The bell rings and up stands their music teacher, Ms. Kim in her hipster glory. 

"Alright, my last class of the day!" the woman with a large messy bun on her head, dressed in a large gray sweater, dark green pants and her so called 'because they show my creativity' white drawn-on converse, says once the final bell rings. "Happy New Year and welcome back potatoes! I hope that you've all had a wonderful break because I know I did," she walks around the class with her board, casually taking attendance.

"So as you all know, we may or may not have new students so we're gonna have to do class introductions," Ms. Kim smiles when groans break the attentive silence around the classroom. "Hehe, you guys signed up for this! You guys should be energetic jelly beans! Please form a circle my lovely potatoes," the class begins forming a large circle around the room. "Everyone begin their introductions one by one by telling us your name, grade, what your favorite season and ice cream is and give us a snippet of your singing voice or tell us your talent," she walks around, noticing a couple of new (nervous) additions and glances at the red haired male still sitting by the drum sets. She stops in front of a blonde male and smiles.

"Let's start with Baekhyun! Baekhyun please introduce yourself." 

There's a couple of cheers when Baekhyun stands up from his seat and he confidently smiles, glancing around the classroom.

"Hello everyone! As you guys may have already known because of Ms. Kim," he says, teasing his favorite teacher, "My name is Byun Baekhyun! I'm a third year. Let's see... My favorite season is probably spring and my favorite ice cream is strawberry. My talent is singing," he shakes his head shyly when he earns a couple of chants encouraging him to sing.

"Hahhaha, noooooo," he waves his hand and laughs. "I think that's about it. I hope we all have a fun year together!" Baekhyun smiles and bows to the class before sitting down and patting Kyungsoo  who stands up.

"Uh, hello, my name is Do Kyungsoo," Kyungsoo says while standing up. "I'm a second year, yeahhh class of 2016!" He cheers with fellow classmates. "My favorite season is also spring and my favorite ice cream is chocolate. I look forward to another fun year with you guys. I'll give my snippet now," Kyungsoo smiles. The small male sings what pops first in his mind. "Sunday morning, rain is fallingggg. Steal some covers, shhhhaaaare some skinnnn. Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable..."

A couple of girls swoon at the sound and some boys have their mouths agape because where in the hell can they get that talent as well?! Can you buy it?! After that, one by one the students, old and new introduce themselves, sharing laughs at all the weird ice cream flavors they like and Ms. Kim's weird perks. 

"Ah, we actually have a new student who has told me he doesn't have very much experience singing or acting. He says he's pretty good with instruments though," Ms. Kim points out. The class whispers in (pretend) curiousity.

"Ms. Kim, where is he?" Baekhyun comments, although a majority of the class already know. 

"He's over there actually," Ms. Kim points to the drum sets. "Park Chanyeol! Surprisingly. Our school's famous basketball co-captain!"

'This is it Chanyeol. The moment you surprise your boyfriend and awe him with your musical skills.' Chanyeol encourages himself when he hears Ms. Kim hint to the class of who he is. 'This wasn't as nerve wracking in my head but holy crap this is a huge class and Baekhyun's gonna kill me for lying at lunch about my sixth period.' Chanyeol thinks of the confidence his boyfriend had radiated with when he'd introduced himself in front of that many people. His boyfriend probably also has the same radiant confidence in beating him up as well.

'Come on Chanyeol. This is just like basketball, except this involves singing and not ball handling. , don't look at me!' Chanyeol sees Ms. Kim point to him and the rest of the class follows with their eyes, grins on their faces while some look at Baekhyun for his reaction. Chanyeol sees Baekhyun turning, his eyes slowly widening in surprise. 'Ah, there it is. I'm gonna die today. YOLO.'

"Uh, hi everyone," Chanyeol starts, standing up to bow before sitting back down and shaking his leg with nervousness. "My name is P-P-Park Chanyeol," he stutters when he makes eye contact with his boyfriend. He fights the urge to wave sheepishly at him. "Uh sorry."

'Chanyeol get your together!' 

"You don't have to be nervous Mr. Park. This is a very safe and creative zone," Ms. Kim reassuringly smiles. 

"Okay, wow I'm really nervous," Chanyeol says, earning a couple of amused chuckles. "Anyways, my name is Park Chanyeol. I'm a third year. Yes, I'm co-captain of basketball. My favorite season is winter because I love the coziness. I can play instruments, mostly the guitar, piano and drums. Uhhh, my favorite ice cream is the same as my boyfriend over there," Chanyeol grins with confidence when he points a drumstick towards Baekhyun and laughs when Baekhyun looks at him with an exasperated expression of 'Seriously Chanyeol? Seriously?'.

"And who might that be Chanyeol?" Ms. Kim asks curiously, looking in the same direction. The students share surprised looks, because I mean who doesn't know Chanyeol and Baekhyun are dating?

"ER, I'll tell you later Ms. Kim," Chanyeol says cheekily. "I'll begin playing the drums now!" He twiddles with the drumstucks and lightly tap the drums, prepping himself when suddenly-

"YA! PARK CHANYEOL. I swear if you're lying and you start banging those drums and create ruckus, I will break up with you! And what in the world are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in basketball right now?!" Baekhyun surprises the whole class even before Chanyeol can with his drumming and Chanyeol silently laughs to himself, because only he can make Baekhyun act like this. Haha. 

Baekhyun walks over to Chanyeol ready to strangle his boyfriend for not telling him that he'd switched to the class. He's also slightly annoyed that he didn't know Chanyeol could even play the drums. Chanyeol grabs the elder's hands before the attack, laughing in the process. The giant laughs even more when Baekhyun turns red with a pout and struggles with trying to hit the other when Chanyeol suddenly pulls him down for a hug and kisses him on the cheek. "SURPRISE BABE!" 

Meanwhile, Ms. Kim is staring at the two of them, a surprised expression on her face. Like, what's going on? Kyungsoo notices and he gently pats her on the shoulder. 

"Ms. Kim, Chanyeol and Baekhyun are dating."

"EHHHHHHHHH??????????," she gasps, twirling around to face Kyungsoo and noticing the nods of her students. "How come I was late on the news?? BYUN BAEKHYUN! I THOUGHT I WAS YOUR FAVORITE TEACHER! "