Feels

"Ya! Park Chanyeoool!"

The winter wind brushes against silky white faces, noses red and lips chapped. Traces of yesterday's snow and ice hang on building tops and trees and crunch beneath boots. Car honks fill the air, the road busy with children being dropped off as they make their way to their last week of school. Winter Break. Finally! 1 day to review in class, 3 painstaking days of two exams each, and finally the last day towards 1 whole month of freedom! And of course getting semester grades.

Students in blue uniforms and large warm coats file into the campus; some shuffling with their bags, faces in books as they try to cram in some extra information before their first final, some were lazying around cursing the school and world for making them take stupid tests, others had smug faces ready to take on. The usual sounds of whispers, giggles, and squeals also fills the air as a small group of girls and boys stand hushed together waiting for the rest of their kingkas to arrive. Although, there was still thirty minutes left before school started. 

"Should I have brought hot chocolate instead? Kyungie doesn't like coffee. I just remembered," the tan male asks the four other males in the car, receiving no response. 

Sehun, sitting at his right, is staring at his phone texting Luhan. Smiling. Who'd have thought that the pretty deer could make the cold looking maknae become a pile of mush? Jongin smiles at his bestfriend, remembering that he acted that same way when he and Kyungsoo first started dating freshman year. He looks to his left after getting elbowed and sees Jongdae struggling to fix his uniform while fighting with his seatbelt. Why is Minseok hyung dating such a goofball? They don't know. Jongin starts to wonder why he sat between the two when the two coffees almost spill out of his hands and onto Chanyeol's leather seats. Jongdae's boyfriend Minseok, sits in shotgun next to Chanyeol, chewing on pastries he brought for breakfast. The cute baozi turns around to hand his boyfriend some and Jongdae happily eats them, his fingers for left over traces of sugar. Chanyeol on the other hand, the elected driver of the week, was strumming his fingers on the steering wheel and bodding his head. 2NE1's "I Am The Best" was playing, his fave.

"Hey Jong," Chanyeol says, stopping at the red light and turning to his bestfriend. A couple of students cross the street. "If Kyung doesn't want it, you can always just give it to your favorite hyung." He turns back and starts driving towards the school parking lot. 

The blonde male perks up in his seat and replies, "Great idea hyung! I'll give this to Kris hyung instead." 

"I meant me dummy."

"I know," Jongin laughs. He reaches into his pocket for his phone to text Kyungsoo goodmorning. 

From: Jonginnie ~(^3^)~

Good morning babe! :* I brought coffee for us but i just remembered you dont rlly like it :p are you w/the rest of the guys?

From: Kyungieee <(^3^)>

oh my god yes babe! dot give it away t chanyeol hyung this time, i need coffee *.* baek hyungs freaking out over some change in his theater final and its stressing me out. Come quiiiccckklllyy! ok love u! 

Jongin chuckles at the sudden neediness of the smaller male. Still sassy but waayyyyy nicer than the usual tough ove and teasing he got. He likes this side better. 

From: Kyungieee <(^3^)> 

MAKE IT SNAPPY!

On second thought? Never mind. 

Chanyeol parks his car into his spot and the five males get out. After locking his car, the red head slings his arms around Sehun and Jongin as they make their way towards the school's gates, Minseok and Chen trailing behind. They're met with the greetings of shy underclassmen, which Chanyeol still doesn't get because his friends were literally all gay and taken with only he and Baekhyun left as the bachelors. Aigooo.

Sehun's phone rings in his coat and he smiles because it's from Luhan.

From: LuluBaby<3:*

Sehunnie(: I see you've arrived by the number of girls swarming you guys right now xD

Inside and at the window, Luhan chuckles at his boyfriend checking the text he sent and then look for him. How cute. The pretty deer looks back to Tao and Kyungsoo surrounding a freaking out Baekhyun. 

To: SeseBaby<3:*

have you guys met with ur angry bird hyung yet?? make sure u do first okay?(: i'm inside with the rest of the guys in Baek's theater class. Baek's freaking out because his teacher changed her mind and apparently instead of doing a written test he has to perform a song by the end of the week. I don't even get why this pabo's freaking when he's the top student :p

The maknae laughs after reading the text, "Pfffft!" Minseok and Chen go ahead and waits for them at the door. Chanyeol sneaks a glance over Sehun's shoulder and read the contact name and text. "'Angry bird hyung'? Hahahha! Classic!"

Sehun shoves him lightly, "Hyung! Don't read my texts!" 

"No worries, I did the same thing to Jongin just now. Now I know you two have cheesy names for your boyfriends, Baek is freaking out over something, I'm not getting my coffee, and we're supposed to wait for Kris hyung." Chanyeol says all this as he laughs, jumping away from the maknaes' wrath. He tells Xiuchen about waiting and the couple joins them again. The five of them sit on a nearby bench close to the entrance waiting for their angry bird. There's 20 minutes left. 

"Why don't you just text Baek hyung and find out what's going on through your own phone?" Sehun bites Chanyeol's shoulder, relaxing his body after and choosing to lie his head there.

"Where's the fun in that?" Chanyeol grins.

"Oh I dunno man. Maybe the excitement that the love of your life is actually texting you back?" Chen says, teasing the giant while he played with his Xiuminnie's soft hands. 

"What??" Sehun rolls his eyes at Chanyeol playing SUPER SMTOWN on his phone. 

"Aigooo... hyung when are you gonna admit that you actually like Baek hyung? You can't be telling me that after all these years of friendship that you haven't developed any feelings."

"Shhhhh, Sehunnie," Jongin pats Sehun's blonde hair, "He says they're just bestfriends. Don't you remember what he said at the mall on Saturday? Bestfriends can't date he says. 

"Psshhhh, I call bull."

"Jongdae!"

"Sorry, sorry Minnie!"

"I still can't believe they ditched us after saying that we'd meet up again two hours after looking for Christmas presents," Sehun complains to a nodding Jongin. 

"I haven't seen Kyungie the whole weekend because of that sleepover!"

Chanyeol ignoring them, gulps remembering how confused he was when he saw Baekhyun slightly frown after saying bestfriends couldn't date. Minseok studies the giant deep in thought and whispers to Jongdae who tells the maknaes to call Kris. Standing and putting his phone away after seeing Kris, phone in hand, wave to them, Chanyeol avoids looking at the four and quickly says, "Who knows? I may or may not have intimate feelings for Baek. Maybe I do."

Sehun's eyes widen and Jongin's mouth hangs open. Chen just looks surprised the giant was even saying this and Minseok had an amused but proud face. Sehun looks down at his phone and sees Kris has picked up. He puts him on speaker phone and stands closer to Chanyeol. Beside him, Jongin pulls out his phone and swiftly turns on his iphone's voice recorder. There you go! Keep going Chanyeol hyung!

Chanyeol racks his brain for a simple explanation, saving the longer one for later. How does someone express that yes, he does feel something for his bestfriend, he just doesn't know what those feelings are for? The giant sighs and sees their Kris hyung getting closer, phone now next to his ear as if in a conversation. 

"I don't think this is love. At least, I think not yet. Not when I don't even know what the hell these feelings for Baekhyun mean. Hell, what does having a crush or falling in love even mean? But I think... I could grow to be in love though." Chanyeol looks down at his hands before turning back to face them. Scratching his head, a sheepish grin plastered on his face and eyebrows furrowed, he continues. "All I know is that I've known Baekhyun practically my whole life and that he's practically an open book to me. As my bestfriend, he's always been there. He's always making me happy. I wouldn't know what to do without him."

Jongin swears he just heard his bestfriend unintentionally confess his feelings for Baekhyun. This early in the morning too! Freakkyy. It was obvious that the two of them had feelings for each other but were just oblivious to them. Or just didn't want to believe them. Or maybe they just thought the other would never like him. Hmmmm, Jongin's betting on all three. It was already pretty clear to him and the rest of the guys that Baekhyun loved this giant from the very beginning and only guessed that through time did Chanyeol develop slash acknowledge his own. Guess only recently. How complicated. But not as complciated as they make it. Standing before him was a giant elf that needed just a small push in order to realize what's right in front of him. Aiigoooo! Looks like he's going to have to bust a couple more missions with Kyungie to get these two love birds to confess. 

They were brought back from their thoughts by Chanyeol's sudden yelp, a large hand clasping his shoulder, the owner laughing. When they saw that it was Kris, the atmosphere quickly changed and it was back to joking around. Of course, Kris knew what'd happened thanks to Sehun's call. He was going to have a talk with Chanyeol later. Chanyeol was back with his boisterous laughter as he freely joked with his angry bird hyung. Kris swore he was gonna get revenge on his talking deer friend the minute he saw him. The maknaes were busy whispering and Xiuchen were back to doing their gross lovey dovey stuff. They enter the building and get the usual greetings; feeling like models as always, they smile and wave. Chanyeol greets everyone happily. He's a popular kid but not the self absorbed guy he joked to be. 

"By the way, I dunno if you guys know that Tao sent us a group message earlier. And seeing that it has nothing to do with Xiuminnie and I, we're going to go on ahead and leave you losers to go meet with your boyfriends. They're at Baekhyun's sixth period. Theater. PEACE!" And thus Troll Chen and Baozi were out.

Looking at a Jongdae dragging Minseok away, Chanyeol asked, "Why does he always leave us in the most convenient of times for him?"

"Can't blame him. Minseok hyung's tight with our boyfriends but chooses to not always hang out with them. Meaning more Minseok time."

Sehun starts to read Tao's text out loud as they start walking towards the theater. 

From: Tao Panda ~~\(@.@)/~~

Good morning geges! Hurry up to the theater class before the bell rings you fat asses :P Make sure to bring lots of water because you'll be super thirsty when you see our surprise! Don't get you in a bunch either.___. thats gross anyways, hurry!! \(^--^)/

From: EyebrowsSehunnie *\( -- . -- )/*

Ya, Tao wth does that even mean? anyways we're on our way.

"The hell does that mean? We don't even wear ," the trio look at Kris for an explanation.

Kris shrugs, "Don't look at me. Tao only told me it has something to do with why they ditched us on Saturday." 

"Come on, let's go. I know where Baekkie's class is," says a very curious Chanyeol. The giant starts walking with Kris, both with their bag slung on his right shoulder, one hand holding it in place and his left hidden inside his pocket. How kingka-ish. The maknaes look after the cool aura their gigantic hyungs were giving off, passing by without a care and making girls swoon. Chanyeol slings an arm around Kris's shoulders and they start laughing. Sehun shrugs at Jongin. 

"Those two are always matching man."

 

A frantic Baekhyun paces back and forth as he searches up songs he can accompany with piano on his phone. Preferrably a slow but sweet one that he can learn to play and sing before his damn final on Thursday. Baekhyun mumbles, ruffles his hair and takes off his blue cardigan to roll up his white sleeves. "Stupid long sleeves. Stupid final. Stupid song."

His three best friends stare at Baekhyun as they sit down at the table, already given up on assuring the petite male. What was his teacher thinking? How is he gonna pull this off? 3 days to quickly prepare was not enough compared to the week he spent reviewing notes, scripts, and sheet music to prepare fo a written test he thought they would have. Baekhyun sighs in frustration at his sneaky (but favorite) teacher, slamming his hands on the table and scaring Tao who was just texting their baby maknae. 

Luhan tries to calm the pacing male by distracting him. "Hey Baek, why don't you distract yourself by telling me and Kyungsoo what you have about being fangirled over?" The pretty deer points at the group of girls whispering and giggling. Baekhyun stops pacing and looks at the group of underclassmen that have been here since the four of them arrived. Sometimes it to be a good looking senior. 

"Tao just sent the guys a message and they're on their way. You wouldn't want to look scrubby would you?" Kyungsoo stands up holding Baekhyun's cardigan. The other perks up and rolls his long sleeves down and accept Kyungsoo's motherly help with his cardigan.

"My hair is already out of the question," Baekhyun laughs. He looks at Kyungsoo, Luhan, and Tao whose newly colored and freshly cut hair were still neatly styled. 

"Our hair stylists did really good on Saturday even though we did a walk in," Luhan stuffs a piece of gum in his mouth and hands the three a piece too. 

Tao smiles and says, "Kyungsoo's red hair glistens and makes him look feisty. It matches with Chanyeol hyung's but you rock it better. Jongin's gonna have a fanboying fit when he sees you." Baekhyun laughs and Kyungsoo blushes.

"Yours and Luhan hyung's new black hair colors make you look like a hot pair of Chinese males," Baekhyun compliments. "Kris hyung's and Sehunnie's mouthes are gonna drop that's for sure." 

"Your dirty blonde and highlights don't look so bad either. Like I said, Chanyeol's in for a surprise," Baekhyun blushes at the mention of his bestfriend and Tao and Luha high five. 

"I just noticed that a majority of us have or have had blonde hair," Kyungsoo says. "Jonginnie... Sehunnie... Kris hyung...Tao and Luhan hyung."

"We're like the highshool version of B.A.P. when they all had their blonde hair last year."

"Yeah, but they looked cute. We look like an odd bunch. Maybe we should suggest the guys dye their hair too."

There's 10 minutes left before the bell rings. Baekhyun jumps off the table. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom. I'll be back in a bit.'' He leaves the classroom and enters the bathroom, smiling at the mirror as he fixed his hair and eyeliner. Lowkey, he was really glad that the guys convinced him to dye his hair without Chanyeol. He smooths down his hair to the left side, covering his forehead and with the help of his eyeliner, admitted that he looked like the hottest piece of meat alive.

 

Jongin sees a flicker of blonde hair pass by and enter the bathroom. "Hey Sehunnie, we don't have any new kids right?" 

"Nope. Come on, Chanyeol and Kris hyung already went inside." 

The duo swiftly enters the huge classroom and look around to see decoration, sets, costumes, and instruments scattered around the room. It was basically the theater, choir, and band practice room all in one. A door on the side led to the entrance of the school's concert hall. Music plays and there are some students singing. Distracted, Jongin and Sehun bump into their hyungs and look to see why they paused. Their jaws immediately drop. In front of them is a trio of three gloriously looking short males grinning.

"HOLY KYUNGSOO!" The tan male gets out of his daze and rushes over to Kyungsoo. Jongin squeeze the smaller male into a hug. "You look AMAZING with red hair."

Sehun stares at his now black haired pretty deer. Walkig towards him, the blondie stuttered, "Lu-Lu-LUHAN?!" Luhan stares back at him and chuckles at how surprised the younger is.

"You like?"

"I love it!!" Sehun exclaims. Coughing he says, "Ahem, I mean you look great!" Nice save Oh Sehun.

"BLACK HAIR IS DEFINITELY MY STYLE." Kris hugs Tao, complimenting the younger that black hair made him look even more attractive. The panda blushes under his boyfriend's loving gaze.

Chanyeol closes his mouth, "Wait. Why was I gaping?" The giant watches his bestfriends gush over their boyfriends and wished he was in a relationship too. Scratching his head, he realizes that a certain small male couldn't be seen. "Where's Baekkie?" Luhan stops laughing at Sehun and points behind the giant.

"Baekhyun's right there." Chanyeol turns around as the door opens. The rest hush as they anticipate the giant's reaction. Kyungsoo has his phone ready to record the moment, feeling like a mom recording her daughter's special reveal as she walks down the stairs in her beautiful dress awing her date on prom night. 

The door opens to reveal a very different looking Baekhyun, holding a water bottle up to his lips. The school bell rings, reminding them to go to first period. Baekhyun moves aside to let people exit. He wipes a droplet of water sliding down his chin with the back of his hand, lips still glistening from water. Unaware that he had an audience, he caps the bottle before looking up to ask, "Hey Tao, are the gu-" He pauses when looks straight up into the eyes of his giant bestfriend, in close proximity. His breath hitches when he looks into those brown orbs and doesn't know the meaning behind the shine in them. Baekhyun searches for words to say, as if he was just meeting the guy for the first time. "I, uhmmm, yeah, hi?" He doesn't get a response from Chanyeol who was still busy staring at him. Baekhyun blushes and stares right back. Two can play.

Chanyeol's heart was beating fast and he knew exactly why. His bestfriend simply blew him away. As he always did, whether intentionally or not. Baekhyun's now newly styled hair gave the smaller a y and mysterious look, different from the sassy but cute flower boy image he's had. Chanyeol swears that just one look from those smoldering eye-linered eyes could break his knees and that lovely smirk could seduce anyone in sight. This wasn't a proper way to describe the way his bestfriend looked right now, but as he always says, Baekhyun looked like the hottest piece of meat alive. Yes, Byun Baekhyun is gorgeous and beautiful to the eyes of Park Chanyeol. His heart thumping and mind racing with feelings for Baekhyun, Chanyeol finally confirms what those feelings he spoke of this morning meant.

The longing gaze he always set on Baekhyun. The proud smile he always had as he watched Baekhyun's countless flawless performances. The surprise he felt at the airport send off when Baekhyun had whispered 'I love you' and kissed him on the cheek. The emptiness he felt when he was too scared to ask about it and didn't talk to him for months while he was away. (Which by the way he still needs to asks about.) Baekhyun's cute remark when he saw Chanyeol at his door, finally home and looking as handsome as ever. Their several hangouts and sleepovers in each other's arms. The countless hours they spent talking about whatever or texting on the phone every day and night. The adventures they've had since they were little kids up until now. How Baekhyun was his sunshine and life support. 

Without thinking as he was still in a stupor, he catches himself, Baekhyun and the rest of the guys off guard when he finally speaks.

"Byun Baekhyun, I think I like you."