Confront

"Ya! Park Chanyeoool!"

Kyungsoo stares with big round eyes at two suspicious figures acting more friendly than usual as they feed each other and laugh at stupid jokes. What the hell? He could’ve sworn those two were glaring daggers at each other only this morning. The male gets distracted by the chewing of his boyfriend in his ear, as the tan male munches on his burger.

“Stop chewing so loud, you’re acting like a cow,” Kyungsoo adds after stealing Jongin’s food from his hands.

“Hey! My lunch!” a pouty Jongin crosses his arms, “It’s your fault for waking up late that you forgot to make us lunch today. So don’t blame me if I’m chewing like a cow instead of over your delicious food like the happy boyfriend I should be.”

“Oh my god stop talking,” Kyungsoo replies, “You’re the one who wanted to stay up and do some studying last night.” The smaller male regrets saying that immediately once Jongin’s face lights up with a grin. Soooooo, studying isn’t really studying when it involves Jongin. It’s more like-

“Studying your body and giving it kisses is the best subject ever Kyungie.”

“Eat your burger Kim Jongin,” Kyungsoo shoves the burger back into his boyfriend’s hands but not before earning a sloppy peck on the cheek, causing him to blush and smack the younger male.

“You guys should stop your PDA, it’s gross Soo,” Baekhyun avoids a French fry thrown at his away and instead laughs when it hits Chanyeol. “Thanks Channie~,” Baekhyun pecks his giant on the cheek, smiling up at Chanyeol who gently kisses him back on the lips. The couple fails to realize until they go back to eating the almost empty silence of the cafeteria, hearing only a few murmurs.

Baekhyun elbows Chanyeol and the giant looks at where he’s looking, meeting the eyes of their friends. Man, he didn’t know Kyungsoo’s eyes could get any bigger, they just about look ready to fall out. Jongin has a grin on his face that Chanyeol reads as ‘Oh, you slick man.’ The giant looks to his other friends and sees Luhan gaping ad Sehun’s eating grin that Chanyeol wants to smack. He looks down at Baekhyun, a glint in his eyes and they both know their plan (prank) of pretending to hate each other this morning worked.

Baekhyun tries to hold his grin because holy his prank worked but fails when he sees Kyungsoo’s face and knows the younger knows they’ve been tricked.

“Heeeeyyyyyy guys! Why’s it so quiet all of a sudden?” Baekhyun asks while Chanyeol stands up and waves the audience to go back to their eating. The cafeteria springs back to life, loud sounds in the air, save a couple girls still looking their way and whispering, a familiar girl scowling. The giant plops back down and slings an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders, kissing the elder’s temple and pulling him close.

“What the ?!”

“When?!”

“How?!”

“Huuuuhhh???”

“Babe, pass the ketchup.”

Baekhyun almost gets tackled by Kyungsoo and Luhan when they try to grab him for answers from across the table. He laughs though when the two fail due to Sehun and Jongin, already aware of the prank since this morning.

“Let go of me Oh Sehun or I swear I will not give you some of this glorious body this whole winter break,” Luhan struggles under the strong hold of Sehun’s arms around his waist, the weak threat failing to do its purpose.  He wriggles under, only to be pulled closer to the maknae’s body, causing butterflies to erupt in his stomach when he feels Sehun whisper in his ear.

“Remember what I said Lulu. I can handle not having you for a month, as long as I know you still love me, which I know you do. or no Lulu.”

“Oh Sehun, you sly ,” Sehun grins because he knows he’s won, a calm Luhan and a fun winter break his rewards. Meanwhile, beside him is Jongin having a much harder time dealing with his Kyungie.

Kyungsoo’s not trying to get answers, instead he’s glaring at his hyungs, searching for answers in the intimate actions he’d just seen. Jongin feels almost frightened with his boyfriend when he tries to calm him down by holding his hand and Kyungsoo turns his scary devil eyes on him.

“Babe. Kyungie. Calm down. It’s just a peck.”

“JUST A PECK?!” Sehun scrambles for Luhan once again and Kyungsoo gets riled up as well.

“KIM JONGIN, HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOUR FAVORITE PERSON HAS JUST BEEN KISSED BY HIS CRUSH LIKE IT’S NORMAL AND YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT’S GOING ON??!”

“These two es had us thinking they hated each other’s guts this morning!” Luhan reaches over and smacks Jongin on the back of the head, Sehun smirking and not preventing the abuse on his best friend when suddenly Jongin yells.

“WAIT. I THOUGHT I WAS YOUR FAVORITE PERSON KYUNGIE! BETRAYAL.” Everything goes back to normal all because of Jongin’s sudden complaint and whining, causing the group to go back to eating, their eyes rolling while Kyungsoo has to deal with the tan male. Baekhyun grins up at Chanyeol.

“Saved,” the giant whispers.

“Haha, for now. Those two’ll bug me later.”

Baekhyun hears familiar voices walking towards him and hastily texts Chanyeol back before closing his locker, a smile on his face. The small male waves to a couple of his classmates and Chanyeol’s teammates, gaining pats on the back and a congrats. He wonders if Chanyeol spread the words or if they figured out from lunch. But then again, it’s just like Chanyeol to brag about him. Baekhyun’s smile grows wider at the thought. His cellphone buzzes and he sees a text from his giant saying he’ll be waiting at the gate with Sehun and Jongin. He replies back but fails to press send when a hand grabs for his phone and he yells, “Hey!” in annoyance.

“Ya!”

“Don’t you ‘Ya!’ me Byun Baekhyun. I need details! Details!” Baekhyun’s pretty deer demands for answers, his foot tapping with impatience. Kyungsoo’s doing the same and Baekhyun doesn’t know whether to look at his left where Luhan’s huffing or to his right where Kyungsoo’s doing aegyo demanding to be told first. Baekhyun gets surprised at first because what the? Kyungsoo? Aegyo? What? This dude doesn’t even need to try. But he guesses he’s taken too long because his two best friends loop an arm around each of his and they start walking out of the school, the bell ringing while both blab question at a furious pace, making Baekhyun dizzy.

“Ya, you , you planned this huh? What happened to telling your hyung first?”

“Baek hyung, it’s not cool to pretend you and Chan hyung were fighting again.”

“When’d it happen?”

“Who confessed? You? Chanyeol?”

“Where? How?”

“Was it romantic? Cheesy?”

“Did he make your heart burst?”

Baekhyun barely makes it, dizzying himself when he switches to and fro between Luhan and Kyungsoo. The light of the outside world makes him scream “YES! Freedom!” in his head before answering.

“Lu-hyung, you act like as if you didn’t tell Kyungsoo first that Sehun asked you out, you . Love you! Sorry Soo, I just wanted to play a prank haha. Thanks again for last time. It happened last night. Chanyeol confessed first. I know right? Surprise! In my room at like three this morning, I don’t know how I survived school today, that doofus. It was romantic and cheesy. And yes, it made my heart burst with feels,” Baekhyun gasps for breath having spent it all on answering the questions at one. He blushes under the two’s knowing smirks.

“Oh.my.god,” Luhan squeals, manly of course. “Freaking finally! Ugh!”

“Leave it to Chan hyung to do it all in one night when you couldn’t Baek hyung,” Kyungsoo teases while they walk down the snow covered stairs. “Props to the doofus giant.”

“Ya! Fyi, I didn’t know he felt the same. And Byun Baekhyun never gets rejected.”

“That’s so conceited.”

“I know. I’m kidding. It’s just, I’d be crushed if Chanyeol didn’t like me back had I confessed earlier.”

“I’m sure I would’ve liked you either way, arms wrap around Baekhyun’s waist and the smaller jumps in surprise, his two best friends leaving him for their own boyfriends. The giant culprit chuckles in his ear, making Baekhyun giggle with how it tickles. The familiar strong arms wrap tighter and he leans back relishing in the warmth of his boyfriend.

“I’m so happy you’re always so warm Yeollie, Baekhyun sighs, holding Chanyeol’s gloved hands, the familiar patterns of snowmen matching the ones he was wearing as well. Chanyeol snorts behind him.

“Are you only dating me for my warmth?”

“Hmmmm, maaayyybbeeee,” they start waddling out of the gate, not minding the looks they were getting, choosing to smile and laugh when underclassmen girls exclaim, “Oh my god! ChanBaek is real!”

Baekhyun smiles fondly at his boyfriend still holding onto him while they waddle out to the parking lot. His giant is grinning at Sehun who drives past with Luhan waving at them in shot gun. “Bye lovebirds!” He shakes his head and chuckles, god how happy he feels right now. Jongin and Kyungsoo are nowhere in sight and Chanyeol suggests Jongin probably drove home really fast. Something about wanting real Do Kyungsoo’s home cooked food. The couple looks awkward waddling but neither cares because they’re in the arms of the one they love. Baekhyun unwraps himself from Chanyeol’s embrace, immediately regretting it when the cold of the winter season bites. The giant pouts and Baekhyun pecks him on the cheek. (He doesn’t really know how it’s become a habit between them two when they’d barely been official for a day but who cares.)

“Wait here Yeollie. I’m gonna run and go get my car,” Baekhyun hugs his giant for extra warmth then runs towards his black car, keys jiggling in his right hand, his back pack bouncing. Chanyeol grins and stares at his small boyfriend, smiling at how the male never fails to give him butterflies. The giant patiently waits for the elder male, who’s not driving out of the parking towards him. He fiddles with his phone getting interrupted only when he feels a pat on his shoulder and turns around, his shoes crunching the snow below. A familiar girl smiling up at him causes his bright mood to lower and his smile slightly falters, the girl not failing to see it before the taller male smiles at her politely.

“Hello Haylee. What’s up?” The girl smiles and hugs him, shocking Chanyeol whose arms are trapped under his ex’s. They stand there for a while before Haylee lets go and steps back.

“I’ve missed you Chanyeol,” she says. She smirks when she sees a frowning figure walking towards them, adding more to the person’s annoyance when she suddenly holds onto on of Chanyeol’s gloved hands. “Nice gloves.”

Chanyeol pulls it back and places it in his coat. “That, Baekkie and I have matching pairs. You know. Baekhyun? My boyfriend.”

“Ahhh, boyfriend huh?” Haylee hides her scowl having seen the event’s earlier at lunch. “Anyways, I’ve been busy lately with catching up with the curriculum so I haven’t had any time to catch up. So I was thinking, hey, why don’t we hang out?” The figure gets closer and Haylee pulls Chanyeol towards her, the giant clumsily stumbling and holding onto her shoulder to prevent from falling face first into the snow. Chanyeol’s normally really nice and outgoing, but talking to his ex-girlfriend is really bugging him, especially when he knows Baekhyun’s waiting. He’s about to kindly reject her when he gets gently yanked back into the arms of his boyfriend, an evident frown on the smaller’s face when they link arms.

“Hello Song Haylee,” Baekhyun says. The mood instantly drops at the look she gives him, Chanyeol being the oblivious one not seeing it.

“Baek, let’s just go. This is a waste of time and we have a date planned remember?” Chanyeol feeling the tension between his ex and boyfriend tries to pull Baekhyun away but he doesn’t budge.

“Hello Byun Baekhyun, long time no talk.”

“Oh please. Save the formalities. Let me get straight to the point. Don’t grab my boyfriend like that ever again. And don’t force him to do something he doesn’t want to do. He’s mine,” Baekhyun glares at Haylee, already aware of what she’s planning. Haylee and her usual tricks to get what she wants.

“What are you talking about Byun? I was just catching up with Chanyeol, you know, my ex-boyfriend? I’ve missed him,” Haylee feigns innocence with a concerned pout, although her eyes show that she’s being fake. Meanwhile, Chanyeol’s having an internal conflict between dragging his boyfriend away and along to their date or staying and watching the confrontation unfold because of how possessive Baekhyun was getting. He’s in the middle. Possessive Baekhyun turns out to be hotter than Diva Baekhyun that’s for sure. But he’s not gonna tell him that.

Baekhyun scoffs, holding onto Chanyeol even tighter to prevent himself from pouncing at his boyfriend’s ex. Ooooh this girl knows how to make his blood boil. “Here Yeollie,” he hands the car keys to Chanyeol and convinces him to wait in the car. Chanyeol grabs the keys and with a worried frown, slowly walks away. When he thinks Chanyeol is out of earshot, Baekhyun starts speaking to the girl in front of him.

“Look, I know exactly what’s going on and it’s not going to work. So I’m going to kindly tell you to back off. Please back off. Chanyeol likes me, not you. Just because you’re back doesn’t mean you can salsa your way back to Chanyeol’s life. You may have been his first relationship but I’ve been there since day one. I’m his second relationship, sure. But I’ll make sure to be his last. Cos I know for sure, I’ll treat him better than you did. So, buh-bye, ”Baekhyun waves, not waiting for a reply and starts walking away, leaving Haylee gaping and catching up to Chanyeol who’s heard everything due to his large ears. When the couple gets in the car, Haylee stops gaping only to yell, “Nice to see you too!” the black car driving away. Her own car pulls up and still looking until Baekhyun’s car turns at the corner, the girl whispers under her breath.

“You may have won this round Byun Baekhyun. But I’ll make sure to win the next one you underserving ugly . Chanyeol’s mine.”

The car’s heater is on full blast, Chanyeol having turned it on to warm Baekhyun up but making him sweat in his large coat. He looks over at Baekhyun who seems preoccupied, silent since he entered that car. The giant worries it may be because of Haylee, but sees no point in Baekhyun worrying when he only has the eyes and heart for Byun Baekhyun and Byun Baekhyun only. Chanyeol reaches over and holds on to the elder’s left hand, leaving kisses on Baekhyun’s cheek to cheer him up when they stop at the red light.

“Hey. Whatever happened back there, forget all about it. It’s a waste and all that worrying will cause ugly to reach your beautiful face Baekkie,” Chanyeol teases, squeezing Baekhyun’s hand when the other glares at him. Baekhyun sighs.

“I know. I mean it’s just Haylee. We’ve been through this before. And I can handle her it’s just-“ He gets cut off by a set of soft plump lips pressing on his, closing his eyes when Chanyeol deepens the kiss their tongues mixing and lips fitting perfectly together. There’s a bright blush on both of their cheeks, panting when they end the kiss.

“Haylee’s in the past. Like three years ago Baekhyun. Must I remind you? Besides, don’t you remember? I confessed to you, not her. You’re here. I’m here. And she’s waaaaaay in another dimension. ChanBaek World. Haylee World,” Baekhyun smiles at Chanyeol’s childish ways of cheering him up. “I’m only looking at you Baekhyun,” Chanyeol plants their foreheads together. Warmth seeps throughout Baekhyun’s body, his boyfriend’s words causing earlier’s confrontation to be forgotten.

“You must really like me Park Chanyeol,” the smaller teasingly says and Chanyeol grins in reply, his dimple showing.

“I really really like you Byun Baekhyun.”

“Cheesy doofus,” Baekhyun blushes.

“But you love me,” Chanyeol pecks him on the lips.

“Hmmmm, maybe if you give me another kiss,” and Chanyeol’s teeth show as he smiles, kissing the smaller male once more, his plump lips meeting the softness of Baekhyun’s cheek.

“I really really like you Baekkie.”

“I really really like you too Yeollie.”

“Great! Because I’m taking you bowling for our first date!” And right then does it settle in Baekhyun’s mind that they’ve stopped and are now parked at the bowling place they used to go to when they were kids. Chanyeol jumps out of the car, not waiting for the other and goes on ahead. Baekhyun grumbles before jumping out and runs to his giant.

“WAIT! Ya! Park Chanyeol! You goof! You at bowling!”

“Love you too!”