Beanstalk

"Ya! Park Chanyeoool!"

“Thanks for doing this again Kik-hyung. I’m embarrassed to admit that I’m actually getting desperate to get my idiot giant back,” Baekhyun trudges along with Kikwang, Kyungsoo and Luhan on heaps of snow. He has his arms linked with Kyungsoo while the other held on to Luhan. The two are talking over Luhan texting Sehun and Kyungsoo wanting to text Jongin.

“That’s alright,” Kikwang says, putting an arm over Baekhyun’s shoulders. “I was the same with Hyuna.”

“That’s great that you guys are back together,” Luhan pipes, face away from his phone and smiling. “Hyuna’s really kind.” Kyungsoo nods along.

“Haha thanks Luhan-ssi.”

“Welcome!”

“Come on, I spy Chanyeol and the guys. Commencing #Beanstalk,” Baekhyun says as they approach the igloos on display. It’s about one in the afternoon and Baekhyun really wants to speed things up before another night of sleeping alone on a cold bed. Wow, that sounded like him and Chanyeol were a married couple. He’s so whipped. 

“Wow! These igloos are awesome, it’s amazing they’re not melting yet,” Kyungsoo pads over to the igloos and makes his way to where his boyfriend, Chanyeol and Sehun are, with Luhan in tow. The doe eyed male winks at Baekhyun, when he arrives to the others, already beginning stage one when he points over to where Baekhyun and Kikwang are standing. Baekhyun shares a knowing smile with Luhan as the pretty deer makes his way over to Kyungsoo and Baekhyun clings to Kikwang’s arm, already proceeding to walk away from the others. He manages to sneak a glance back and chuckles when he sees the giant staring and Luhan and Kyungsoo with their boyfriends waving behind the giant with wide grins. Ahhhh, friends.

“I hope this works before your date with Hyuna later or I’m gonna be the tiest person ever,” Baekhyun comments as they walk away to other igloos and weave through crowds of people. There’s numerous igloos placed on display, made and maintained over a course of a week as employees prepared for the rush of people coming to the mountains to have fun at their resort. A crowd of little children are seen laughing while they attempt to enter the entrance of a very small igloo, looking more like a pile of snow with a small opening to Baekhyun’s eyes honestly. He points it out to Kikwang and the two laugh. There are couples and families walking around as well and a couple of elderly stare at the two which causes them to laugh even more beneath their breaths.

“Well I think this is working better than ever before because- don’t look now- but your boyfriend is probably killing me in his head right now. Daggers. Ouch,” Kikwang teases and fakes pain, making Baekhyun laugh. “Is it just me or are they following us?”

All part of the plan,” Baekhyun smirks.

The two make it to one of the igloos, the blonde males stopping in front of one with snowmen at the entrance. They decide to check the inside, finding it empty and sitting down on tarps placed on the ice floor and blowing on their hands to keep warm. Light seeps through the open entrance and the two can see people walking past.

“This should keep Chanyeol wondering right?” Kikwang’s phone rings and he sees a text message from his girlfriend.

“Pfft,” Baekhyun snorts while texting Luhan where they are. “Knowing my Yeollie, he’d probably come dashing over. Given the guy’s curiosity.”

“Sounds like you’ve known Chanyeol for a while. How long have you guys been dating?” Kikwang asks with a smile after texting Hyuna.

“Yeah. We’ve known each other since we were five. Chanyeol and I’ve only officially been dating for about 3 weeks now but recently he’d declared all those years we’ve been best friends was actually dating. So I guess,” Baekhyun smiles at the fond memory.

He’d woken up from one of his naps on Saturday with Chanyeol pouncing on his bed and greeting him a happy one day of officially dating and shoving a bouquet of flowers on his face. Of course being a grump from having been woken up from his sleep by his boyfriend’s loud voice, Baekhyun had thrown the flowers on the other side of his bed and pushed Chanyeol off the bed, the giant earning a ‘GET THE OFF ME GIANT” in the process. It was really funny and Baekhyun had closed his eyes with a triumphant smile in his revenge only to be pounced on again by a heavy weight and attacked with a pair of plump lips kissing him awake. Chanyeol had then declared they’ve actually been dating for twelve years which finally woke Baekhyun up when the elder started laughing. In the end, as much as Baekhyun loves his sleep, he loves Park Chanyeol more.

“And how long is that?” Kikwang continues.

“Twelve years.” Kikwang whistles through his thick lips at Baekhyun’s response.

Holy crap. At this point you guys should be married already. Hyuna and I’ve only been dating for two months.” Baekhyun hums in response and texts Luhan and Kyungsoo to begin phase two; talk about ‘Kikhyun’.

“I haven’t actually thought of marriage while trying to focus on getting through high school and college. Besides, Chanyeol and I haven’t really told our parents about us yet although I think they already know. Those old people have been pinning for us since we met,” Baekhyun snorts. “But marriage? Maybe in the future, if it ever comes to.”

“And what would your answer be?” the elder of the two asks thoroughly interested in the younger’s response. He’s a subtle romantic, credits to his girlfriend and her chick flick Friday’s she forces him to watch with her. Don’t judge. It’s obvious his question has Baekhyun pondering whether he could see Chanyeol in the future. With that type of history though, Kikwang believes Chanyeol and Baekhyun to be soulmates. A part of him feels like a saint for not going through with hitting on the younger male to get Hyuna back. The guy was already taken and might Kikwang say, in love?

Baekhyun picture himself five to ten years from now with a career, a home, a car, and a dream come true of being a performer. Where would Chanyeol be in that ideal life he dreams of? Of course the male would be taking over his father’s place as president in Park Ent. and they’d still be best friends, but would this relationship last is what he ponders over. Baekhyun imagines Chanyeol and him spending their lives together, living I the same home, with a puppy maybe, weekend adventures to anywhere, breakfasts in bed, random dates in restaurants, theme parks, freedom from their parents (ahem spy mothers), and the endless kisses and cuddles from a particular giant with red hair. He imagines them growing old together like they have all these years and Baekhyun knows his answer.

“Yes,” Baekhyun chuckles. “Yes I would,” he declares through a smile to Kikwang and the elder male smiles back and ruffles Baekhyun’s hair.

“Now that’s the answer I wanted to hear.”

“Eh,” Baekhyun grins, “I’ve been with the goof for twelve years, I think I can live with a lifetime more. "But first I need to get Chanyeol to speak to me first," he frowns, his cheery mood slightly fading.

"Okay, now that's just too sappy and I'm pretty sure he'll come to his senses and forgive you," Kikwang starts to tickle the younger male to brighten his mood, causing the other to laugh under the tickling.

Meanwhile, Luhan and Kyungsoo are having a jolly time in the arms of their boyfriends striking up sweet conversations while they watch with smirks, Chanyeol pacing in front of them and mumbling something about stupid blonde guys with big lips. Jongin grins and kisses Kyungsoo’s cheek. The pretty deer and heart lipped owl had informed the younger males with the plan and having received Baekhyun’s texts, were now starting phase two.

“Hey Luhan hyung. Do you know where Kikhyun are at now? They haven’t texted me back,” Kyungsoo grins over at Luhan who’s sitting on Sehun’s lap and the elder tries to hide his grin when Chanyeol abruptly stops his pacing and listens in to the conversation.

“Kikhyun? Who’s Kikhyun babe?” Sehun asks.

“Huh? Kikhyun?” Luhan grins. “Oh! Kikhyun! You mean Kikwang and Baekhyun?” Luhan says and pecks Sehun to avoid laughing out loud at the way Chanyeol’s eyes widen. Across from them are Kyungsoo and Jongin trying to stifle their giggles in their gloves. Luhan continues.

“Oh, I don’t know Soo. Last time they texted me, Baekhyun said something about going inside an igloo and thinking about staying there for a while to talk with Kikwang. You know, I think they told me it was an empty igloo. You know, better for private matters.”

Sehun shakes his head, a smirk on his face because his boyfriend because if anything, his Lulu was being pretty obvious. Apparently, being obvious is better than being subtle because Chanyeol stops gaping and rushes over to Luhan and demands to know Baekhyun is with urgency.

“Luhan hyung! You’ve got to tell me where Baekkie is! What if he’s in danger? You know he doesn’t like the cold right? What if he needs me? What if he’s freezing his off? Maybe Baekhyun’s searching for me right now because he got lost from Kikwang!” Chanyeol gushes with worry and could that be slight jealousy Kyungsoo sees?

“Oh my god,” Chanyeol’s eyes widen. “What if Kikwang is putting the moves on him right now?! Wait, no.” The giant stops what he’s doing and sits down beside Sehun with a huff. “Nah, he’s probably enjoying the fun with Kikwang to be thinking of me right now.”

 “Are you sure it’s not you that Baekhyun hyung wants to hang out with more? I mean you guys are boyfriends. Shouldn’t you be rushing over and stealing your boyfriend back?” Kyungsoo rolls his eyes at the giant.

“And why would he do that? He’s the one too busy laughing over me and spending more time with that blonde male to notice me,” Chanyeol stares at  his feet.

“Ok Chanyeol,” Luhan says, hopping off of Sehun’s lap to stand in front of the red male and reaching down to grab the younger’s shoulders, forcing him to look up. “What you need is to man up and get over what happened last night.” Chanyeol’s eyes widen. “Yes, I know what happened last night and I know about your embarrassment and Baekhyun laughing at you. But so do the others guys and I can’t deal with Baekhyun whining to me about you ignoring him and that was just really awkward at breakfast and I was just ready to smack the table because of you two and ouuuuu!”

Sehun rolls his eyes at his Lulu’s rambles and stands up, patting his jeans of ice and snow. “What my pretty deer here is trying to say hyung is that you need to get up off your feet, stop whining like a little baby and go get Baekhyun hyung back. I think he’s shown he’s sorry enough and I’m getting tired of being Lulu’s punching bag because he’s frustrated over you guys,” Sehun grabs Chanyeol and forces him to stand up and begins pushing him towards the igloos while the others follow with smiles in their faces, because who knew that the maknae was a romantic at heart?

“Sehunnie! Baekhyun hyung’s at an igloo with snowmen at the entrance!” Kyungsoo yells over.

They spot the igloo and come to a stop. Sehun steps back from Chanyeol and saunters over to the others, watching what Chanyeol will do next with encouraging smiles. Chanyeol can hear Baekhyun’s laughter from inside of the igloo and he wonders what could Kikwang be doing that’s making his boyfriend laugh that much? His jealousy finally takes over and with a ‘fighting!’ to the guys, he makes his way over to the entrance of the igloo, where he can fully hear what’s going on inside and pausing to gain his courage.  Chanyeol hears Kikwang and Baekhyun talking and he catches a few words that catch him off guard.

“And what would your answer be?” Chanyeol's eyebrows furrow when he hears what seems to be Kikwang asking Baekhyun something. What is he asking? And why is Baekhyun giggling?

“Yes. Yes I would.” Chanyeol hears Baekhyun replying to the question, but having not heard the whole conversation he doesn't exactly know what his boyfriend's saying yes to. Anger and annoyance seeps through when his brain begins to make assumptions while he waits for Kikwang's reply. A few feet behind Chanyeol are Kyungsoo and Luhan, beginning to worry why Chanyeol was just standing at the entrance instead of rushing in and coming out with Baekhyun. The simple plan should be over and done successfully. 

"Uh Kyung? You think something's wrong?"

"I don't know hyung," Kyungsoo worries.

“Now that’s the answer I wanted to hear.” By this time, Chanyeol's now seething with curiosity and frustration because what the hell are Kikwang and Baekhyun talking about and why the is his boyfriend laughing? A couple of kids run past, laughing boisterously and he fails to hear what Baekhyun says in reply. The giant rushes inside and finds Kikwang laughing while poking at Baekhyun who's laughing as well, clutching his sides and his body titled in a way that to Chanyeol's blurred vision/angle looked like he was sitting in the elder blonde's lap. Kikwang sees the giant and smiles while waving at Chanyeol. He pokes Baekhyun and whispers in his ears that Chanyeol had arrived to be his shining armor. Baekhyun looks up and sees his boyfriend. But while Kikwang and Baekhyun were talking, Chanyeol's mind is filled with questions he's itching to ask but the way Baekhyun's smiling and Kikwang as well, as if the two were having a fun time and whatever Chanyeol had overheard causes him to fill with jealousy and act irrationally. 

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun gets up from his spot and helps Kikwang up as well. He smiles to Chanyeol and begins to speak. "Kikwang and I were just talking and hanging out since it's his last day of work and his girl-" He doesn't finish what he says when Chanyeol disrupts him.

"Baekhyun, what the hell is this?" Chanyeol's trying to hide his anger through soft spoken words but Baekhyun can hear it. 

"Uh Yeol, it's not what you're thinking of. Kikwang and I are just friends," Baekhyun frowns and walks over to Chanyeol. At the entrance are four heads peeping through, listening to the confrontation and hopefully the two making up. Kikwang stands behind Baekhyun with his hands in his pockets and a worried expression on his face. From his point of view, the plan was not going well. 

"And what the hell is this? How the hell am I supposed to think that you two are just friends when Kikwang was just touching you and you were practically laughing in his lap?! And what the hell were you saying yes to?!" Chanyeol grits his teeth and Baekhyun sees the way his hands are clenched into fists. Oh , this was not how he planned it to go.

"Wait Yeollie, I can explain. I was just talking to Kikwang hyung about how I could see you and I-"

"What? That I shouldn't be jealous over Kikwang and you? You're my boyfriend! You're supposed to be hanging out with me, paying attention to me, having fun with only me. I should be the one making you laugh and stuff. But instead you laugh at me trying to tell you how I feel last night and now you're laughing with the guy I told you made me feel insecure! It's bad enough to hear that you two made out while I was gone and I know we weren't dating back then but still. You didn't even tell me the whole story and I just don't know what to believe," Chanyeol defeatedly says. 

"Yeol, please, listen to me. It's really not what you think," Baekhyun makes a grab for Chanyeol and touches his arm. "I'm sorry for laughing at you last night and I'm sorry that I wasn't properly listening to you. I'd thought you were joking around about being insecure because I think you're the greatest guy, greatest boyfriend in the world. And Kikwang hyung's a really nice guy. "

"Pfft," Chanyeol laughs exasperatedly. "I can see that with the way he's making you laugh. Baekhyun, please just stop. Maybe he's worth it more than I am. Maybe I was right for being insecure because you're obviously having more fun with him. I'm going to go, don't look for me," Chanyeol rushes out of the igloo and walks past Luhan's, Kyungsoo's, Sehun's and Jongin's frowning faces. Baekhyun runs after him. 

"Wait! YA! PARK CHANYEOOOL!" Baekhyun yells but slumps in defeat when the giant walks away faster. "Kikwang has a girlfriend. I don't like him. I like you you idiot." 

Sehun and Jongin run after Chanyeol and Kyungsoo and Luhan walk over to Baekhyun, the giant leaving Baekhyun on the verge of tears with Kikwang silently patting him gently. Luhan and Kyungsoo exchange worried faces. Looks like they were going to have to fix this themselves. This was not how #Beanstalk was supposed to go.