Home

"Ya! Park Chanyeoool!"

Highschool students sat on long table benches inside the cafeteria, some were outside playing or eating on the grass. Several underclassmen were messing around, particularly a couple of class clowns throwing food at each other and immature boys with milk dripping down their noses as they laughed boisterously. Some girls were fixing their hair and make up as if the cafeteria was a place to look as best as possible to gain attention from their apparently hot, y, or cute oppas. The senior class were scattered around, messing around, lazying, or studying, not caring about the underclassmen, because 'I am the top of my game you ing underclassmen. Bow down to me. Bwahaha!' The smells of food drifted in the air and the occasional "OMG, no she didn't!" and "HAHAHAH! Seriously?!" broke through the already loud noises of the cafeteria. Several girls were staring shyly at a group of their hot, y and cute oppas, looking very attractive. A pretty deer Luhan, the sassy but cute Baekhyun, the squishy heart-lipped Kyungsoo, and Kai, one of the school's hottest most amazing dancers of the second years.  They were sitting down, obvious to the usual fan girls but the boys paid no attention. 

"So Baekhyun? How much longer til your lover boy comes back from America?" Luhan casually asked, sipping on his orange juice. The latter choked on the food inside his mouth, throat strained from coughing and eyes tearing up. Laughing, Luhan patted Baekhyun's back and gave him water. 

Regaining his calm Baekhyun whined, "Hyuuuuung! We've talked many times about this!" Hepushes his food away, having lost his appetite from choking. Baekhyun pulls out his history book to study for a test coming up.

"Hahaha! I know, I know," Luhan brought his hands up. "Your reactions sure are funny though."

Its been 3 weeks into the month that Chanyeol should be coming back and it almost seemed like the date would be pushed back further. The topic of what Baekhyun would do when his giant comes back had been their main focus of conversation this past week, much to the smaller's dislikes. His friends were bugging him non-stop. 

'April, May, June, July, AUGUST,' Baekhyun counts in his head. There was really no definite date either. Or there was really none that the small male knew of. All he knew was that his giant had told him that he'd only be gone for five months. 

"Are you sure you guys don't like each other hyung?" Kyungsoo asked, his thick lips turned upwards into a teasing grin. His boyfriend Jongin, could be heard in the background happily and munching on the food Kyungsoo brought from home. Jongin swallowed his food, earning a smug look from chef Kyungsoo. "Yeah Baekhyun-hyung, I mean before hyung left, no one was able to say your names without the other. 'Have you seen Chanyeol and Baekhyun? Baekhyun and Chanyeol?' Pretty gross, HAHA."

Closing his book, Baekhyun sighed. He was already used to and tired with all this Chanyeol talk that came from his friends and classmates. Like hell should he know when the giant would be back, or if he'd be playing basketball again, or whatever the his best friend felt for him! Keeping a calm face he says, "Chanyeol and I are bestfriends, been that way since we were 6. Nothing more, nothing less." He pauses and looks at his three friends, grumbling because why does he have to keep explaining repeatedly? "And even if I did admit that I have feelings for him, nothing's gonna happen. He hasn't dated anyone nor has had feelings for someone in such a long time, I don't even remember the last time he told me he was interested in someone. He has a business he has to think about as well. After this year is over, we have college, I'll be an aspiring singer and performer and he'll be leaving me to inherit his family's company. I'd rather strengthen our friendship than break it over some small crush I have." 

The other guys sighed, food in their hands. Kyungsoo looks at Luhan with a stare that said 'Kill me now. Why is this idiot so in denial?'

"We're not going to fight with you hyung. But don't think that I haven't noticed you counting down the days til he comes back on the calendar in your room. Or you loo-" Kyungsoo was cut off from finishing his sentence. 

"I may have girls and guys confessing to me, but the thought of Chanyeol even having feelings for me is ridiculous. I admit I have feelings for him, but he's my bestfriend. I can't just go for him. He hasn't even contacted me for the past 5 months he's been gone, and it's now August and it's senior year and I'm here like a sad puppy waiting for his owner. I'm only denying whatever feelings I have now for the sake of lessening the pain that'll come if I actually confess or not." 

Baekhyun's outburst surprised the other three. They understood what he meant though. For the past 5 months, he was the only one that Chanyeol hadn't contacted. The three didn't really understood why but they were told by the MIA giant that it had something to do with a goodbye kiss and an 'I love you' and being scared to ask what it meant and to not tell Baekhyun. So of course being  the only one not in the know, Baekhyun felt sort of betrayed. After a minute of silence, Luhan finally spoke.

"Hey, Baekhyun look at me. We just want to make you happy okay? You've been a little distracted lately and I know because we've been getting turnt up at too many parties." Luhan relaxed when he saw Baekhyun's smile. The duo laugh mischievously. These past few days were pretty crazy when Baekhyun would arrive at Luhan's house unexpectedly, the two being the only ones who really liked and were allowed to party and drink, to take the deer and occasionally the deer's boyfriend Sehun, off to a senior kick back or bonfire. It'd usually be Chanyeol he took, but eh, he wasn't home. Hence, why Baekhyun would sometimes wake up with an aching headache and flashbacks of having too much fun because his giant wasn't there to control him and his mother constantly reminding him to use protection. But anyways, that's not the point. 

"I know hyung. Thanks you guys. Really! I'm fine!" Baekhyun faked a laugh. He smiled his brightest and the three back down, assured temporarily that their cute diva was alright. "Hey hung, it's Friday. You down?" Baekhyun looks suggestively at his hyung.

"Sehun's not coming back til Sunday so. Let's get turnt!" The two high five but with the disapproving look they get from Mother Kyungsoo, they back down and change plans. 

"Good, responsible hyungs," Kyungsoo smiles smugly.

It's now the last week of the month and still no news of Chanyeol's arrival home."

You'd think that this dude would tell his bestfriend when he'd be coming back. Ugh this doofus." With the weekend finally here, Baekhyun got ready to sleep, placing his blanket over himself and cuddling into his pillow. "Park Chanyeol, wherever you are, you better be ing ready. I'll kick your sorry ." 

-Sunday Morning-

"Kyungsoo, wtf are you and your boyfriend doing in my room?" Baekhyun asked the owl eyed boy, and looks at his open door. 

"Well hyung-" Jongin said, standing behind Kyungsoo with a sheepish grin before being cut off. 

"Don't you know?! Chanyeol hyung's coming back today!" Kyungsoo claps his hands in excitement.

Baekhyun froze, wondering why he's so scared suddenly.

Oh . No.

 

 

 

 

"Son!" Mr. Park yells at the sleeping figure. "Wake up! It's time for us to leave for the airport." He shook his son awake, the figure groaning in his sleep. They'd been staying at a hotel and scheduled a flight back home a couple days ago. "Oh geez you look like ."

"Ughhhh five more minutes dad," Chanyeol groans. "Our flight's not for another 3 hours."

 

"That I know, but you wouldn't wanna be late right? There'll be hundreds of people in the airport. I'd rather be stress free before the flight."

 

Chanyeol groans again. He finally gets up after much hesitation, rubbing and slapping his face to wake up. 'Seriously dad, sometimes I hate your punctuality.' He walks to the bathroom to take a shower and brush his teeth. Walking out, Chanyeol's changed into an outfit of all black. He checks himself out in the mirror; black polo shirt that fit and showed off his broad shoulders and muscles, black jeans that showed off his long legs and height, black Jordans ready for business, and a silver watch around his wrist. Some of his father's fashion sense had influenced him, not that he'd admit he actually liked some of it. Chanyeol recently dyed his hair red much to his father's protests. He chuckles remembering coming back from the salon and seeing his dad's face. He'd spent the majority of his summer following his father during meetings and learning about the company so why not? He spiked it up just like how the lady had showed him. Smiling at his reflection he thought, 'That's right. You look good Chanyeol.'

 

"Finally," Mr. Park sighed. "Okay let's go, the taxi's waiting for us. Make sure you didn't leave anything behind. We'll grab some food at the airport." The ride to the airport was quiet, with Chanyeol listening to his music and his father who kept making sure everything was ready. Finished with signing in, Mr. Park with a sigh of relief said, "Alright Chan, let's go get breakfast!" The duo walk around the airport, lugging their carrying and arrive at a nearby McDonald's. Munching on their breakfast sandwiches Papa Park started a conversation. "So son, are you excited to finally be going back home?" he says with a smile.

"As much as this was a great experience and I just love hanging out with you dad, I'd rather hang with my friends during the summer," Chanyeol joked, blowing his burning coffee before sipping it.

"But hey, I just wanted you to see what you'll be inheriting in a couple years! Don't worry, we won't do this again until you're in college. Then I'll really torture you with the business talk." His father evilly laughed.

"Seriously dad," Chanyeol replied, rolling his eyes and finishing his breakfast. His dad was always the one to make jokes during serious conversations. Chanyeol's humorous and random personality came from his father. His father laughed and Chanyeol couldn't help but join in.

"Mom and Yura are coming to pick us up. Thank goodness your sister's back for a while. Oh," his father stopped midway. "I think your friends Luhan, Kyungsoo, Jongin are coming. Baekhyun too," his dad mentions the name with a suggestive wink to Chanyeol. Ignoring the wink, the giant perked up upon hearing his father say his bestfriend's name. "Come to think of it, I haven't heard you talk about Baek for a while. Or even talk to him. Are things between you and your bestfriend okay?" The two tall males sit down on black leather seats, situating themselves before their flight. Mr. Park takes out his suitcase and starts reading documents while sipping on his coffee.

"Uhm yeah dad. Everything's fine. I talked to the others so I'm sure they've told him things," Chanyeol lied. He hated lying but when it came to his bestfriend he wasn't sure what to say. He didn't know why but he chose to not contact his bestfriend while he was away. The day before and of their departure, something changed and he wasn't sure how to confront it. Chanyeol plays with his cellphone for distraction and skims through his instagram and notices all the likes on his pictures.

 

Flashback:

"Don't worry Baek! It's only 5 months! I'll be back before you can even say, I miss you Chanyeol."

Baekhyun scoffed. "Oh please, who said I would miss you, you goof." Taking his backpack and pulling his giant bestfriend's ear, they began their walk home. The upcoming summer breeze blowing on their faces.

"Ow! Ow! Ya! Baekhyun!" Chanyeol whined. It didn't really hurt but being dragged by the shorter boy was pretty awkward...and strained his back.

"Ya, Park Chanyeol if you don't shut up I'm forever not talking to you."

Chanyeol knew his small bestfriend was lying but he pouted anyway. Who said messing with his bestfriend wasn't fun?

"Is this how you treat me after 12 years of friendship?!" Chanyeol faked a shocked face and clutched his chest.

"I'm surprised I'm even alive after all these years." Baekhyun crossed his arms, a playful smirk on his face.

"Please, anyone would be lucky to be hanging out with a handsome being like me," Chanyeol replied. He slung an arm around Baekhyun and they both laughed.

It was nice, feeling comfortable with his bestfriend in his arms. Nearing their homes, Chanyeol sighed.

"Hey Baekkie," Baekhyun looked up at his giant.

"You wouldn't forget me right? Even if I leave nothing will change?"

"Hahah what's the matter Yeollie? Scared I'll replace you?" Baekhyun smirked.

"Ya! I'm being serious. You wouldn't replace me right? What if we end up not talking to each other? Would we still be bestfriends?"

"We've been bestfriends since we were 6 Yeol. I don't think I'm replacing you for a while," Baekhyun playfully punched his friend on the arm. "Besides, who wouldn't wanna talk to this piece of fabulous?" He pretended to flip his hair. They laughed and started walking again. It was convenient that they were neighbors.

"Hey Baek, have I told you I love you recently?" Not that the giant forgot to remind the smaller one, year after year, day after day.

"Haha, not since that time I helped you finish your essay the DAY it was due," Baekhyun smirks. "Which by the way, I deserve an award for, considering how brain dead you were that morning."

"Oh yeah," Chanyeol rubbed his neck. "Well, I love you Baek. You're the best and I'm gonna miss annoying you."

"Ya! Hahaha what a baby. Don't worry Yeol, I'll miss you too. You'll contact me right? So it's fine," Baekhyun gave him his brightest smile.

Chanyeol was hurt the elder didn't say 'I love you back'like usual, but shrugged it off. He's probably tired from all the tests we took this week.

"Night Yeollie!"

"Night Baekkie!"

The next day Mr. Park and Chanyeol were dropped off at the airport, the two holding their carry-ons. The attendant at the counter had announced that their flight was boarding now and people were now waiting for their turn to board.

"Bye honey! Have a safe trip!" Mama Park kissed her husband. The tall male blushing at his wife who busily fixed his suit tie.

"Bye daaaad! Bye booger!" Yura joked to her younger brother.

"YA! Noona!"

"Bye Papa Park! Bye Yeollie!" Baekhyun hugged Mr. Park and shyly did the same thing to his bestfriend. As they were about to board the plane, Baekhyun ran up to Chanyeol and said "See you soon Yeollie. I love you too." After he said those words, he gave his bestfriend a kiss on the cheek and ran back to Mama Park and Yura who were smiling. Chanyeol could only stare at the figure with a surprised face and burning cheeks. A small smile transforming his face as he waves 'See you soon!'.

 

 

Seated in his chair and hearing the soft snores of people taking naps, Chanyeol peeks out the airplane window and sees the bright clouds and blue sky. He can almost see the city down below and pulls out his phone to take a picture and eventually adds it to his instagram; 'Finally back (:'. Exiting out of his instagram after seeing satisfying likes, Chanyeol goes through his phone and stares at his wallpaper of him and Baekhyun at a party. Chanyeol sighs. He wonders if Baekhyun went to a couple parties while he was gone. He probably did, that kid never fails to get invited and always says yes to the invitation out of habit. "I probably should've just talked to Baek while I was gone. Just thinking about it makes me nervous about how to talk to Baekhyun again," he rubs his neck and with a fond smile as he thumbed over the image of his best friend he says, "I've missed you Baek."

Aaaaaand the plane lands.