One Skate

"Ya! Park Chanyeoool!"

It was around 8 when Baekhyun finally wakes up annd hears his mom making his daily strawberry shake downstairs. He sits up on his bed and yawns as he stretches his arms. "Ugh." Pajamas ruffled, hair every which way, and a mouthful of morning breath, he gets up to take a shower and readies for the day. With barely enough time to put on his eyeliner, the doorbell rings. He ignores it thinking his mother will get it and proceeds to his mirror, reaching for his eyeliner and applying it on his right eye. He's managed to finish with his right eye when he jumps at the sound of the doorbell ringing endlessly. He wipes the line of eyeliner from his cheek, accidentally made from the scare.

"WHO THE ?" Throwing his towel on his bed, Baekhyun opens the door and runs down the stairs. 

"MOM, WHERE ARE YOU?!" 

"TAKING A SHOWER! GET THE DOOR!" 

"Jeez, who has the audacity to ring the doorbell like this?" The doorbell keeps ringing, filling the Byun home with loud sounds. "I'M COMING, CALM YOUR BALLS! Sheesh! ing impatient." Baekhyun rushes and opens the door, only to be met by a blowhorn and a tall red haired giant.

"SURPRISE! TODAY'S GONNA BE A FUN DAY! IIIIICCCCEEEE SKAAAAAATINNNGGGGG! WOOOOO!" Chanyeol sings and starts honking the blowhorn; creating what he loves the most, ruckus.

It's was only 8. 

"GET OUT," Baekhyun pushes the door close but it wouldn't budge. He looks down at a big shoe blocking it. "Stupid giant feet," he grumbles. "YA! Park Chanyeol, why the are you here this early?! We're neighbors! See me when I'm actually ALIVE AND READY."

"Good morning to you too," The ruckus ends and Baekhyun's grabbed by large hands before getting squished into Chanyeol's embrace. He gives a sigh of content as his arms wrap around the giant's, a smile plastered on his face. He relishes in the warmth before the hug ends. 

"It's like almost 9 somethin' and you're just a lazy . Where's mumsy?" Chanyeol continues, looking down at Baekhyun and squishing the smaller's cheeks. "Gasp! Diva Baek not wearing eyeliner today?" He earns a smack. "YA!"

Chanyeol finally enters after shaking of the snow from his large coat and boots. Clad in black jeans and a gray sweater, his nose and round lips were lush with color, with red hair poking out from a dark green beanie and large hands covered in snowman printed gloves. An established regular at the Byuns since like forever, he walks into the kitchen and meets Mrs. Byun. 

"Good morning," Chanyeol gives her cheek a peck. 

"You two are so loud," she hands Chanyeol a cup of orange juice and they walk to the breakfast table. "Have you eaten breakfast yet? I've cooked lots of Baek's favorites today. Heard today's a special day," Mrs. Byun winks, teasing Chanyeol who spurts.

 Chanyeol laughs nervously. "Who'd you hear that from?" 

"I've got resources. What are you planning? Finally realized you like Baekhyun? Is this a date? Where are you guys going? Hmmmmm?" Chanyeol's swarmed by questions from an eager Byun. Juice drips on is chin from choking.

"I'm taking him out to hang at the mall. And realized what? My nonexistent feelings? This isn't a date. We're going ice skating and what resources?!" Mrs. Byun chuckles at a blushing Chanyeol.. 

 She claps her hands. "That sounds exciting!" She walks up to Chanyeol who's sitting and eating fruit and clasps his shoulder and says, "And Chanyeol honey? We ALL can see you and my son like each other. No worries! You two are perfect for each other. Soulmates even." She smiles at Chanyeol's widening eyes.  "And you should just admit them. Preferrably soon. Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna finish getting ready. Your mom and I are going in a mani-pedi and shopping spreeeeeee!" The weird woman sings as she walks up to her room. She bumps into her son.

"Hey son, don't keep your Prince is waiting."

"Wha? Mom!" Baekhyun, exasperated, stares at his mom walking away. "He's not my Prince!" Chanyeol, recovered from the Byun lady's advice and weird sayings, chuckles over hearing Baekhyun and his mom. "HEY BAEK, WHAT IF I ACTUALLY WANNA BE YOUR PRINCE?" Chanyeol yells over to his bestfriend, chewing on a strawberry. Them 'dating' was a regular topic in the Byun and Park homes. 

"AND LET ME BE THE GIRLY PRINCESS? YA! PARK CHANYEOL. N TO THE O."The smaller male arrives, dressed in a black long sleeve, dark blue jeans and red fuzzy socks. Baekhyun shuffles over to the giant, pulls a seat next to him and teases his bestfriend. "They say if you eat too much of something you're gonna turn its color. Stop eating all my strawberries yoda." Chanyeol laughs and grabs the whole plate of sliced fruit before looking at his bestfriend. 

"Hehe, nice socks."

" it."

"Gasp!"

"I swear you're the only person in this world that actually says when they're gasping. Ahhhh...." Baekhyun opens his mouth, asking the giant to feed him a strawberry. The giant scoots closer before smushing the red fruit into Baekhyun's mouth. 

"HAHAHHAAH!" Chanyeol laughs at the smaller male's red face and shocked face. 

"YA! Park Chanyeol, I swear I'm gonna kill you!" Baekhyun smacks his bestfriend on the back of the head, smirking when Chanyeol groans in pain. "Serves you right." Baekhyun laughs at the pouting boy before popping a strawberry in his mouth. Chanyeol laughs along. His heart couldn't stop beating at the cuteness of his bestfriend. 

After the while breakfast food fight, the duo were now in Chanyeol's car, warming up before heading out. The heater was on and the giant's phone was playing Christmas music. 

Baby you deserve everything you want it's your night. Ohhhh ohh oh. 

"Oh here," Chanyeol pulls out a familiar beanie and gloves. "I got us matching stuff!" He hands the gloves to Baekhyun, who mumbles a shy thank you and puts them on. Chanyeol proceeds to put the dark green beanie on his bestfriend, swiping the bangs away and checking if it it snugly. Feeling accomplished, he doesn't realize that the whole time his face was just a few inches away from Baek's face. The small brunette was sporting an evident blush, his heart beating in his chest. 'Dear god pls.' He puffs  cheeks to prevent from squealing.

'Story of my life. Dang you Justin Bieber and your Christmas music."

"There you go," Chanyeol smiles happily at his hard (not really) work. "That took a while." More like he just wanted to keep seeing the growing blush on the smaller's face. Okay so maybe Park Chanyeol isn't really that oblivious. Chanyeol smiles widely at how Baekhyun looks, "Now we match!"

"Ya, Byun Baekhyun," Baekhyun looks over at his bestfriend, eyebrows perched up in question. 

 You've got on my favorite dress. You're lookin', lookin', lookin' good. Snow falling on your hair and I know, I don't wanna get it off. 

Frowning, Chanyeol points his finger at the male and says, "I think this was a bad idea." 

Baekhyun starts to frown before asking, "Why?" 

Chanyeol pauses and smiles an evil grin before saying, "It's a bad idea because no matter how much we're matching, you still look cuter than me!" He laughs and softly pinches Baekhyun's cheeks, the latter embarrassed but clearly amused. 

Even the stars in the sky can't outshine your eyes. Wanna be your biggest gift! 

"Ya!" He smacks the giant's hands away. "These cheeks are not meant for unworthy hands!" 

Baby I hear melodies when your heart beats. Baby it sings to me, that's how I know it's Christmas time.

Chanyeol sticks out his tongue before grabbing the steering wheel and finally leaving the driveway. The radio keeps playing music. 

Baby I'll deck your heart with boughs of holly. Fa lala la la la lala la lala la lala la. Baby cos you're the reason to be jolly. Fa lala la la la lala la lala la lala la! 

There's a calm silence as the two listen to the song. Chanyeol reaches over and grabs Baekhyun's hand. Baekhyun surprised, jumps at the sudden touch but relaxes and soothingly rubs Chanyeol's hand with his thumb.

"Hehe, I can drive with one hand. Bwahaha." 

"Park Chanyeol if we die, I'm killing you first."

"You love me too much, Baekkie ol' pal you," Chanyeol grins over at his bestfriend. He doesn't know how he got the sudden courage to hold Baekhyun's hand but he felt content. Looking at a crescent eyed and smiling Baekhyun, Mrs. Byun's words suddenly came into his mind. 'Does Baekhyun actually like me? Back?'

"And Chanyeol honey? We ALL can see you and my son like each other. No worries! You two are perfect for each other. Soulmates even." Chanyeol and Baekhyun were oblivious to each other's thoughts, and feelings obviously.  Intertwining each other's fingers, they fall into calm silence again, each with a warm smile on their faces as they make their way. It's normal for them to hold hands. But is a fast beating heart normal too? 

Baby, I hear melodies when your heart beats. Baby it sings to me. That's how I know that it's Christmas time. 

The rink was filled with many people; families, couples, and children laughing and having fun. Others were over at the tables, eating fries and burgers. Shivering, Baekhyun thanks Chanyeol for the gloves and beanie.  

"Wait. Yeol, why are you taking me to go ice skating again? Can you skate?"

"Hey, you weren't complaining when I told you about our plans earlier. Or when we were on the way here from the movie we just watched," Chanyeol laughs at his bestfriend. 

"No worries, I know how to skate a bit, so I'll teach you!" The giant smiles, showing perfect rows of pearly teeth. 

They starts walking to the lockers, placing both their possessions in one before sitting down on a bench and putting on their ice skates. Chanyeol studies Baekhyun, whose already managed to put on his skates and was now fixing his hair and looking at his reflection. 

"Ya, how'd you get ready so fast?" 

"Because I'm fabulous," Baekhyun reasons, not bothering to look at Chanyeol. 

For Baekhyun to reason that it was based of fab, was an understatement. He was actually lying. Well, yes and no. Truth is, he's actually spent a lot of time ice skating for fun when he was young and so he knew how to do things. Plus, he guessed that the giant thought he didn't know how to skate, so why ruin his bestfriend's fun of teaching him? Of course, Baekhyun wanted to see Chanyeol try without falling on his . You know, long limbs, lanky and all. A disaster was just bound to happen. Plus he couldn't wait to see Chanyeol's face once he actually tells the giant he knew how to skate all along. Baekhyun couldn't help but laugh to himself at the thought.