That's All

One of a Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That’s All

 

 

Yonghwa stood by the hallway looking silently at his wife who has one arm expertly supporting the hamper against her hips and the other hand massaging the back of her neck. Having 6 kids is not an easy feat, in fact it’s probably the most challenging they’ll ever encounter in their lifetime. They’re lucky though since the first two kids are already grown up and has been dutifully helping out every time they can. Ia finished her degree in Paris with flying colors and as promised, had returned home to help her grandmother run their boutique. Maki the second child, is still a junior in college but has already been managing Fourth, one of the chains of restaurant owned by his wife and her best friends.

“Hyunah” he called her as he desposited his satchel at one of the tables near the babies room

“Oppa” she answered with a smile on her face as she met him halfway. He planted a soft but lingering kiss on her lips as he took the hamper from her.

“I’ll finish getting the dirty laundries. You can start the first batch of whites”

“Thanks oppa, but why are you home early?”

He began picking up dirty onesies, diaper cloth, fairy costumes and lots and lots of dirty socks “Jonghyun knew it’s laundry day” he replied a bit louder to make sure she can hear him “He and Taeyeon knows how painfully difficult it is to do laundry for a family of 8.” Laughing at the end of his sentence. He can hear his wife laughing along.

It’s true, if you have a big family just like theirs, not only you will need a heavy duty washer and dryer but you have to have 2 heavy duty washer and dryer. They have to stick to the schedule of their chores or else they will be wearing the same clothes they wore yesterday and will be eating fast food or better yet, left overs. Yonghwa was about to enter their third childs room, Ysabelle’s, when he heard a light plop. He turned to his right and just by the door he can see his soon Sian trying to stand up. Their maknae who is turning 2 has now learned to walked more confidently but still trips every now and then.

“Oh uri maknae already awake?”

He put the hamper down and went to pick up his son. He showered his face with kisses but was met with a wriggling toddler. He chuckled as he let him go

“Hyunah!” he called “Maknae is awake, lock the stair gate”

Ever since the twins were born and they moved to the big house, they made sure the house is almost child proof. When it was only Ysa it was easy, but since the other 3 came along, it has been chaos, even with all the help they got from friends and family.

The couple went about going in and out of the rooms on the second floor, picking up scattered toys and what not. A little over an hour later and Joohyun was already folding some of the clothes and Yonghwa was feeding Sian, they heard loud shrieking and laughing, they knew the twins are home from daycare

“Joohyunah!”

“Hey Jess up here!” she shouted

Yonghwa’s head peeked out from the kitchen and waved at Jess who was ushering the kids up along with her very own princess.

“Hey Yong!”

“Thanks Jess!”

“Sure thing! Mikes taking them tomorrow, it’s mid month”

“Yeah, I’m bringing Sian to work tomorrow, Ia will pick him up after lunch”

“Is Maki done with his midterms?”

“Not yet but it’s his last day of exams today so starting tomorrow, he can help out more”

“That is really great” Jessica sighed once she realizes that the girls will not listen to her and has already scattered through out the house playing tag. She walked to the kitchen and sat in front of Yonghwa and she took Sians hand “How is she holding up?”

“Better some days, worst on some” he wiped Sians mouth “It’s good she’s busy, its good that she’s tired or else she’ll just cry”

“Aunt Mary said the same thing, Nana has been holding out better than her”

“Losing Buddy almost paralyzed Joohyun”

“Buddy wasn’t just her gransfather, but also her bestfriend. When Uncle Alex walked out, Buddy has been the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter