Reason

One of a Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                                                        Chapter 22

 

Yonghwa watched in silence as Seohyun bowed to them and left. He can hear his heart shattering into a million pieces with every step she takes farther from him. He was clenching his fist real tight, his knuckles turning white trying to get a hold of whatever feeling he has left. The numbing feeling crawled all over his body. He can no longer feel his feet when he stood up Everythings blurred out. He cannot even smile. He excused himself telling people that he was not feeling well. Before he went upstairs to his parents’ room that was staying at that hotel, he was met by Jonghyun only to be given an envelope with his name on it. He can recognize that handwriting anywhere. He wanted to be alone and this is the nearest place he can run to little did he know his mother saw him.

 

She found her son slumped on the floor, with only a dim lampshade lighting up the room, elbows on his knees and one hand burying his head the other holding what seems to be a paper, she sat on the floor just beside him and rubbed his back

 

“Yonghwayah, what are you doing? Why are you doing this? Your appa and I are as confuse as Joohyun, I trust you have a very good reason for all these”

 

“I’m sorry Eomma, I do, but I don’t know if it’s good enough.”

 

“You can start by telling me”

 

“The CEO threatened me. I have to do this or the guys and I will lose everything. If it’s only me I think I can handle it but the other 3 worked just as much as I did. This is our dream. I cannot make them lose everything they have worked for for almost their whole life because of me” he looked at his mother with misty eyes

 

“I know son, this IS your dream and not your agency’s but why does it look like you’re working for their dream and not for yours? Why don’t you try talking to the other boys about it and perhaps you can come out with a solution instead of this”

 

“I don’t know omma, I don’t want the others to feel burdened because of me. I’m really confused myself but you know what’s worst?” he was now just looking blankly when tears start to fall one by one from his eyes. His mother didn’t utter a single word

 

“It’s losing the only woman I learned how to really love because of cowardice.  I wasn’t even able to tell her all these face to face. I left her hanging without any explanation.” He was now looking at his hands recalling everything he wished he had done for her

 

“ I wasn’t able to give her a proper date.  I wasn’t even able to give her a single rose ma. I promised myself I won’t hurt her because she has been hurt before but I hurt her so much worst. I said to her the most painful words that can possible cut through her. I said those mom. She gave me her everything, I gave her nothing”

 

“If you love her that much isn’t it enough reason to fight for her?”

 

“I don’t know what to do right now and everything is clouded in my head but can I just ask you something and I need your true answer”

 

“Sure”

 

“If things didn’t go wrong, are you and appa really okay with me being with her?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I mean her having a past; divorcee and 2 kids”

 

“What is there not to like? She fell in love had 2 kids because she loved that person, was hurt, had the courage to fight for herself, took care of two very intelligent and good looking kids as you’ve told and showed me. She has her business, comes from a good family and is now taking her Master’s. In general, it is not accepted by the community but don’t we all have something or did something that was not accepted by the general public? Why do we think of what others will say when at the end of the day, it will only be your happiness that will matter.”

 

“Thank you mom, I’m so lucky to have you and appa, atleast I know you would’ve been ok about me and her. We could’ve been happy” he wiped his tears with the back of his hands smiled at his mother bitterly.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The hospital was in chaos as they wheeled in the injured racers. 4 cars were involved in the accident including Joohyuns’. Hyo was the most frantic, she went to the tower to check on Eunhyuk when he mentioned that Seo was on the circuit with the other racers. She looked closely to the window to get a good look at Seohyuns car when she saw everything that happened. She saw Seohyun slowing down and went to the shoulder lane when she saw the spinning car heading to Seohyuns now parked car, the driver lost control and the car was spinning to her direction. When they got Seohyun out of the car, she was unconscious. Hyo was screaming and crying at the same time as they wheeled her in the ambulance. She got Seo’s bag to contact Yonghwa but when she was about to look for his number the phone began ringing.

 

“Hello” answered the crying Hyoyeon

 

“Joohyun?”

 

“No I’m sorry this is her friend Hyo who’s this?”

 

“This is Tiffany, where is she? she was supposed to pick us up here at the airport and we have been waiting for almost an hour now” answered the puzzled Tiff

 

“I don’t know how to tell you this but” she paused thinking of ways to break it to the person on the other side of the line but she thought this is not the time to sugar coat things

 

“she won’t be able to pick you up Joohyun just got into a car accident and we are on our way to the hospital”

 

Tiff was hysterical telling Jessica what happened. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter