Twas the Night before Christmas

One of a Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ヾ(@°▽°@)ノ

 

Yun Hee was intently watching her little brother sleep in his crib when Joohyun sauntered in with the laundry. She smiled at her daughter who was sitting patiently while slightly tapping Sian on the legs as what her parents and older siblings do to them when they are put to sleep. Her twin sister Young Hee is outside playing with their Ysa unnie, it’s already Christmas vacation and she doesn’t have school. Maki is out with his girlfriend but promised to come home early to help her with grocery shopping for the Christmas Eve dinner since Yonghwa won’t be home until early the next day. He and Jonghyun has some business to take care of in Korea but instead of heading straight home, he will meet Ia in LA as she wasn’t able to get a ticket for a direct flight to San Francisco. She is coming home for Christmas and Joohyun is far beyond elated. Her baby girl is coming home for the holidays.

Buddy, is surprisingly recovering well from his heart surgery but he can no longer do a lot of the things he usually do, he gets dizzy spells just by gardening hence stressing Nana in the process  of looking after him. He was so used to being mobile and having to taper down his activities makes him depress. Mary is as busy as ever with their boutique since she’s slowly taking over everything to give Nana some breather from the store and taking care of Buddy. Tiff and Nicks’ kids are growing rapidly as Joohyuns and Yonghwas and Jessica and Mikes only kid is dotted like any other princess claiming she doesn’t want another kid because shes already dying just by watching Tiff and Joohyun with their little bunch. Taeyeon and Jonghyun has adjusted to the life in the US and had moved to their first home a week before Taeyeon gave birth to their son. They chose a house close to the Jungs so it’ll be easier to help each other out when it comes to the kids, most of the time it was Maki who suffers and bear  the screaming, the crying the feeding and what have you. Joohyun made him choose on how to earn extra, by working in the restaurants or looking after the kids, after so many siblings, he’s now a child expert. Ia on the other hand took on odd jobs in Paris including being a bar waitress of which Yonghwa almost flew to her just to kill her ert boss. After that she worked for a diner as cashier but the long hours kept her from sleep. Her new job now was for a photography team, she’s in charge of the props, literally carrying the costumes, reflectors make up kits etc when there is a photoshoot.  Yes the daughter of the almighty CEO of CN Ent and great granddaughter of Gen. Victor Park is a props girl.

She had adjusted to her French life well, she learned and can fluently speak the language, even have her own bike for transportation but she can’t deny the fact that she misses her family terribly her parents, who she believes have a metal chip in their head and knows exactly whats going on with her, they like have an Ia detector and GPS, her great grandparents who never fails to send her care packages and her grandparents who spazz with her so often that Viber is so close to cutting them, the twins Young Hee and Yun Hee who’s growing up without her , Baby Sian who doesn’t even recognize her but most especially Maki, her bestfriend, worst enemy and loyal brother. There was never a day they fail to send a message to each other, they both knew somehow, they have grown because they see now how the bond they formed as siblings turned to a steel cord that will never break no matter how far they are with each other, so she is really looking forward to her vacation.

Ysablle, had taken on Ia’s role inside the house, Maki found it adorable at the same time it amazed him how he can rely on his little sister for help when it comes to the little ones, even their parents is dumbfounded how she can act as a 6 year old that she is one minute and be 40 the next but her personality is all Yonghwa, not an ounce of Joohyun. The twins and Sian have very distinct personalities, it’s like having the bubbly Tiffany and chic Jess for a twin daughters and calm Joohyun for a son. Maki loves his little sisters but he just can’t wait for Sian to grow up but he knows by the time his brother gets to play and enjoy being a kid he is well on his 20’s. College life is not much different from high school except he has ot take things seriously but when it comes to the surrounding, since he goes to the community college near them, he still meets the same faces. Joohyun somehow feels guilty that Maki actually stayed just because of her but her son assured her that it’s his choice and would go out and leave the house in time.

Joohyun has never been busy her whole life but the thing is, she is incredibly happy. She never thought she could be happy coming home to a chaotic house, breaking up fights, collecting numerous laundry, putting to sleep one child after the other, attending baseball practice and going to doctors appointment, it’s quite different, well very different, when you have your husband with you, all she has to do is look beside her and there he is, running with her to catch up with the kids games or school activities, sit with her through the kids doctor or dentist appointments,  arbitrates with her when the kids fight, cleans with her , loads the laundry with her when the kids are all asleep and just cuddle with her when all the life is out of them because of a days’ work. They are partner in every bit of its sense and not one second did she ever felt alone. They share all responsibilities over their 6 kids, from the oldest to the maknae, from choosing collegiate extras to which nappy to buy when what they are using runs out. Everything that concerns all six is handled and will go through both of them.

Yonghwa may seem like the strict CEO when he is at work, he must admit that most of their staff chooses to look for Jongyun first than him but at home, the word dad is more often heard of than mom, since mom is straight up an 80% no and dad is a 90% no but with a bit of hug kiss and smile he is downright 0% down the drain. Even Maki who’s now can be considered as a man is spoiled like rotten when it comes to him, there is an invisible bond between the two, being the only men (until Sian came) inside the house. One look at Makis round eyes which is a complete photo copy of Joohyuns make Yonghwa give in, even Ia knows how to get what she wants with him, he loves their little ones to death but there is something with IA and Maki and what they had that makes them extra special. They are his bestfriend, siblings and kids rolled into one. When it comes to his wife, he had never thought it’s possible to fall in love everyday with the same woman. When others say you have to find reason why to love that person, he never, for one minute had to, even with tattered clothes and floor scrubbing, messy hair and sweaty face, she’s an angel goddess to him sent from the heavens. He knows how tired his wife is reason why he helps out as much as he can, they are raising 6 kids of different ages and of different personalities and it’s not an easy feat. His wife has always made him feel love and wanted, he always find his purpose of living just by looking into her eyes.

“Mom?” Maki shouted from their kitchen dropping the car keys on the counter as he checked where his mother is. “Mom are you ready to go?” he shouted looking up the stairs

“Yeah hold on one sec just getting the twins ready, can you get Sian I’m done with him”

He ran two steps at a time up the stairs and made funny faces when he picked up his little brother from the bed

“Hey! Hows the drool machine today?” Sian smiled brightly while gurgling incoherent sounds and producing what else but drool.

“Yeah!” Maki smiled at him approvingly. He carried him to the next room to get Young Hee who he can hear is singing Christmas carols because of the FALALALALA LALALALA if it wasn’t for that line he wouldn’t even begin to guess.

“Wah! You sure are heavy fifth!” as he stumbled a bit while carrying his two siblings, every now and then he’d like to call out numbers for them, one is Ia, he’s two, third is Ysa, fourth is Yun Hee fifth is Young hee and six is Sian, it was just too fun for him to remind himself how big their family is now.

“Mom! I’m taking Sian and Young hee we’ll wait for you in the car” he spoke as he passed by his parents room

When they got all 3 kids in their car seat and ready to go, armed with her shopping list, they all went to the grocery. It was never an easy task to buy food for 8 people let alone 20 and sometimes more plus having an infant and 2 toddler in tow, good thing Ysa is with Mikayla in Tiffanys house for a playdate or else they’ll be bringing the daycare with them. She strategically placed Sian in the baby carrier and strapped him in front of Maki while he pushes a cart and she on the other hand has the double stroller and another cart. They whisk their way from one while aisle to another taking everything she needs and crossing them out on her list. After years of doing this, she can even shop with her eyes close and still know which way to go. She made sure that the twins are entertained either by toy or by milk as a hectic Christmas shopping can be a handful with screaming kids. Her mom and Nana will helping out with the cooking, Jess and Tiff will be bringing additional food to share since they’ll be joining them which they do every year.  They queued in a long line together with everyone else who got busy with their lives and is doing late minute Christmas shopping. She was chatting with a few neighbors and some moms who she knows from the kids’ school, Maki is also talking to a couple of his teammates from football who were also helping their moms while gently swaying the sleeping Sian.

ヾ(@°▽°@)ノ

 

“Hey Hon, where are you now?” Joohyun spoke through speaker as she put all their groceries in the cupboard and fridge

“Just landed and on my way to the hotel, what time is Ia’s flight coming tomorrow?”

“Planes should be there by 6:50 in the morning so you two gotta run to catch the 8:00AM UA flight”

“Right right, I wasn’t able to sleep the whole time” she can here the tiredness of her husbands’ voice on the other line.

“Why?”

“I don’t know, the meeting with the producer didn’t really go as planned, they wanted to get Sujin for the show not the whole band, I understand that he gets more attention than the other 5 but they are a band, it’s important for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter