Reflection

One of a Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                                                            Chapter 31

 

“General Park, I think you should know of these sudden turn of events. You already know from my last report that your grand daughter is in a relationship with her housemate who is also a very famous artist. We did the background check that you’ve requested and found out that the boys’ father had a number of bad investments due to a friend who well turned out to be an enemy and investors from his construction company has been pulling out. If the construction company falls, then everything else will collapse. We’ve check other financial source of the family, except for the brother who is married, it is only Yonghwa Jung who is earning however due to mortgages both income won’t be sufficient to keep all businesses up float.

“How much is the damage?”

“roughly around 20 million dollars as it’s a large scale foreign investment sir”

“Okay, will that be sufficient for all businesses?”

“Yes, if there are any liabilities left, it will be minimal and that can be easily taken cared of”

“Send Edward the paper works for review. Once he approve offer the partnership to the Jungs”

“Yes General”

Victor Park hanged up and sat silently in his office when

“Why are you meddling with your grand daughters affair Victor?”his wife said

“She is my only grand daughter I have no one else to protect but my family. I have seen her struggle all her life and she may not have made the best decisions but that doesn’t mean she don’t deserve a chance to be happy”

“And so by doing this you think she will be happy?”

“Yes. I don’t want her to be in any complications and I don’t want people to look down on her”

“But dating a celebrity is already a complication”

“Yes, but not if I can help it. Even if I’d have to cross hell to get heaven for you guys, I will and of all people you should know that Elsa”

“Well I just hope you’re doing the right thing”

“We’ll just have to wait and see

 

-end of flashback-

 

“I’m sorry if I haven’t told you anything about this Joohyun. This is the first time I’m also meeting Yonghwas’ parents because they have been dealing with your uncle Ed. I’ve only spoken to the Jungs over the phone but that’s it. One way or another I will have to meet them on my own as I am their rightful business partner and not your uncle Ed. It just so happened that I guess fate has it’s way of putting things into perspective” Buddy explained to her who was beyond words, he continued speaking

 

“I never mentioned Yonghwa to you once after you went home because this is as far as I can meddle in your life.” He then turned to Yonghwa

 

“Don’t get my intentions wrong son, I did help your fathers’ business primarily because of my granddaughter being with you, but your parents never knew that until recently, however if things presented themselves differently and we’ve met under different circumstances, I would still help out as I did because I believe you and your parents are good and hard working people. Reason why even after you two separated, I continued to be business partners with your parents”

 

“Thank you Buddy for believing in us but that was a lot of money right there and if things didn’t turn out for the best, you could’ve lost your money too” Yong said

 

“I never think twice when it comes to family and I’m willing to lose it all” the old one looked at him solemly

 

Yonghwa stared into space as if trying to digest what he just heard. Yes it was a lesson he learned the hard way, whether it be for money or fame, he chose to give up Seohyun and lose her just to keep whatever he had then resulting him to also not know his daughters existence.

 

Nana then spoke with a smile “It’s all water under the bridge, we made a good investment and we earned a hardworking partner and a good hearted friends in the form of Mr. and Mrs. Jung so I don’t think we should dwell on the past and just look forward to the future besides we have Ysabelle connecting us all right?” Everyone nodded except the sleeping Ysa who is snuggled warmly against Yonghwas moms’ arms. This is the first time they’re seeing their granddaughter. Ever since they knew of Victor Parks involvement in their business, the Parks came clean with their initial intention and Ysabelle. Nana sent them pictures of Ysa but they had decided to keep it from Yonghwa. They believe that Joohyun has her reasons for keeping Ysa from Yonghwa and decided to just wait for the right time.

 

Silence engulfed the room and of course Maki can’t hold it in any longer

 

“I’m sorry can I just say something?”  he looked at everyone and when Buddy nodded 

 

“I know that we all have been waiting for this day to happen when everyone will meet and know the existence of each other, but my stomach has been empty since this morning and I can no longer take it. I’m beyond hungry and would like to eat if that is ok with all of you?” he smiled sheepishly “maybe you can talk while we eat? Yes?” he looked at his mother who was now covering to prevent herself from laughing.

 

“Please forgive my brother Mr. and Mrs. Jung, but if there is one thing he can’t live without, it’s not my mother but the food” Ia smiled while looking at Yonghwa’s parents while everyone laughed.

 

“Oh Ia, you are one beautiful girl who takes after your mother, you are even beautiful in person, please call me Halmoni and Mr. Jung Haraboeji we are your grandparents too so that’s how you should call us” Mrs. Jung spoke while wiping the tears in her eyes because of laughing

 

Ia stood up and went directly to Mrs Jung and gave her and Mr. Jung a hug which surprised the couple. The elders smiled. Ia has always been a sweet and kind kid.

 

“Now we earned a sweet granddaughter and a smart grandson” Mr. Jung spoke and winked at Maki.

 

Everyone was talking all at once during lunch except for Yonghwa and Seohyun, today has been nothing but surprises and revelations that their mind’s no longer functioning. Everyone else is okay except for them. They know they needed to talk about many things especially regarding their daughter.

 

“Where are you headed after lunch?” Mr. Jung asked

 

“We don’t really know we have to check in to the hotel first then Yonghwa will tour us around” Seohyuns mom answered

 

“Why check in you can all just stay at our house we have a few extra rooms that you guys can stay in, it will not be as luxurious as the hotel but we are family after all no need to look further” Mrs. Jung offered

 

“Aren’t we too much of a hassle? there are 7 of us well 6 and half” Buddy pointing at Ysa

 

“No of course not! we insist I would feel better knowing I am the one looking after you while you stay here” Mrs. Jung answered

 

“Well if it’s ok with you we would love too then, the 2 older kids gets restless in the hotel” Nana replied smiling while tapping the still eating Maki, who kissed her cheeck. Nana laughed at his antics.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Everyone scrambled outside the van all looking at the Jungs residence. Thay have one of the largest estate in the area. The house itself has a traditional yet Victorian feel to it with a large garden. As soon as they were in the living room, sleeping arrangements were discussed, Buddy and Nana of course in one of the guest rooms, Seohyuns’ mom and Ia in another, Maki will be sharing with Yonghwa in his hyungs old room and Joohyun with Ysabelle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter