And Love

One of a Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                                                                     Chapter 29

 

The whole family looked at Yonghwa, Joohyun eyes widened in shock. Ysabelle seems to notice how everyone stopped talking to her at once and tried to wrestle her way out of her mothers arms to see who is everyones looking at. People were staring at them because of the commotion from the child and well Jung Yonghwa is standing there. Buddy, aware of the watchful eyes of the people around ushered the family to head to the elevator and cleared his throat

 

“Oh Yonghwa, you’re here I hope we haven’t made you wait for too long”

 

Despite the confusion from the sudden scenario, Yonghwa bowed and Buddy taps his arm lightly  “Come with me son” And the two walked to the elevator.

 

The whole family was tense and didn’t expect this turn of events. They somehow knew this will happen but not as early as this, it’s only their second day in Korea. Not a sound could be heard inside the elevator except for Ysa who keeps on making baby sounds. The elevator door was a clear steel that you can see yourself like a mirror. Ia and Maki keep nudging each other looking up and down but not the front. Nana was looking at her hands while Joohyuns mom was so focused wiping Ysa’s mouth of drool. Buddy was looking at Yonghwa then Joohyun. Yonghwa was looking intensely at Joohyuns reflection on the elevator door and Joohyun was just looking at Ysa. It seems like their flight from the US to Korea was shorter as compared to the hotels 20th floor ride. When they entered their suite, everyone seems to be suddenly busy, picking up something all talking at the same time at once, trying so hard not to stare at Yonghwa and Joohyun.

 

Buddy chuckled seeing all these. What a weird family he brought into this world.

 

He extended his hand to Yonghwa “I’m Victor, Joohyuns grandfather and this is my wife Elsa” They shook hands.

 

“Everyone come here and greet our guest” Buddy ordered

 

“This is my daughter Mary she’s Joohyuns mom” He bowed to her

 

“Joohyun why don’t you introduced the rest we’ll be heading to our room” he shook Yonghwa’s hand once more and retreated

 

The 5 were still standing looking at each other awkwardly when Ia decided to break the silence

 

“I’m sorry but this is too weird I’ll be excusing myself. Hi Uncle Yonghwa, I’m Victoria you can call me Ia as before” She smiled and raised her hand for an akward wave

 

“Hi I’m Maki”he also smiled

 

“Ok so now that we are introduced we will also leave you two to talk” they kissed their mom and went to their respective rooms

 

The two sat across each other on the sofa looking at Ysa who is sitting on the carpeted floor playing with the magazine. Joohyuns heart was beating faster than the speed of light, nothing can prepare her for this moment even though she had made her resolve eversince Ysa was born. Yonghwa on the other hand was afraid to ask where is the father of the baby, he’s too afraid to confirm that yes she is already happy with someone else.

 

“Uhm congratulations on your new baby, sorry I didn’t know you remarried” Yonghwa spoke as silently as possible

 

Joohyun looked at him and chuckled “Thanks I guess”

 

He stared at her face ‘she looks at peace, atleast she is happy, atleast he is making her happy whoever he is’.

 

“So where is her dad? Is he also here?”

 

 “Her dad? Oh he’s here alright”

 

“Oh, Is it okay if I’m here? Does he know uhm” he hesistated for a moment thinking if it’s okay to ask that question “does he know about us?”

 

Joohyun would’ve love to prolong this game that she started playing but she is dead tired and it’s time for Yonghwa to know, she prayed for this day a long time ago, she prayed that if it’s time for him to know, fate and destiny will make a way. And so tonight it did.

 

“Ysa honey come here I’d like you to meet someone” She stood up and took her daughters hand and sat beside Yonghwa while sitting the toddler on her lap. Yonghwa was looking at the child who for some reason looked so familiar like he has seen her somewhere but he just can’t tell where. The child angled her head trying to size up Yonghwa since it’s her first time seeing his face. After she looked at him she returned to biting the magazine. He smiled looking at the toddler then at Joohyun who has tears at the side of her eyes.

 

“Ysabelle” Trying to grab her daughters attention “You know who he is?” while she points at him. The little child looked at her blankly “He is Mr. Yonghwa Jung…” then the toddler looked at Yongs face again

 

“dad a dad a da” she started blaberring

 

Joohyun took a deep breath

 

“Yes, he is Ysa’s daddy, you say hi daddy” to which the kid smiled and squirmed to be free from her mother.

 

Yonghwa’s mouthed drop at what he heard. The room started to spin and he started to feel numb all over. It was like falling from a cliff. He close his eyes to catch his breathe but his heart was drumming loudly so he placed one of his hands to his chest. Joohyun looked at him and waited for him to absorb just what she said

 

 “I- I- I’m sorry what did you just say?” Yonghwas voice was shaking from disbelief. He knew what he heard but just wanted to confirm that he was not just hearing things

 

“Ysabelle Hope is your daughter Yonghwa.”

 

“You’re not making me suffer more right?”

 

“Why would I do that?” she looked at him wiping the tear on her cheeks. Does he not like it?

 

“I am not asking you for anything I just wanted to let you know. It’s time that you know of her and that she sees you in person. You don’t have to feel responsible and burdened”

 

They sat silently and watch the child grab the side of the table and tried to walk, Yonghwa still trying to get a hold of reality from what he just learned. ‘ I have a daughter. I have a daughter’ . She saw her mothers’ phone grab it and sat down biting and drooling all over it.

 

“She looks just like you” she mindlessly spoke knowing that Yonghwa was lost for words

 

“Her personality is just like yours, the life of the party whom everyone loves” she added and smiled

 

“How old is she?” he asked still trying to get a hold of the idea that he fathered the child playing in front of him. His own flesh and blood.

 

“1 year and 7 months, for some twist of fate, she shares your birthday, June 22nd “ she took a deep breath and close her eyes for a second then spoke “ I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter