The art of confusion

One of a Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                                                      Chapter 10

 

“Thank you for keeping my girlfriend company I really appreciate it”

 

Seohyun froze from her seat not knowing what to do next.  Her choice of what to do next consist of hitting Yonghwa so hard that he’d go back to last week or running for her dear life in embarrassment.

She finally found her voice “What are you doing here?”

 

“I don’t want you sitting alone and I’m sorry I’m late my schedule ran late but hey I’m still here right?” He smiled while looking at Seohyuns friends

 

The friends were still speechless but now smiling while nodding. They look like a bunch of hippies who just got high. Yonghwa laughed seeing their expression.

 

“Hey let’s not waste the good music go ahead and dance I’ll take care of Joohyun”

 

Then again her friends still have no words to say but just stood up and stared while walking to the dance floor. People are looking at them and she can hear a lot of whispers but she’s trying to shut it off. She blamed herself for being a er for the jumpsuit. If Sunny hadn’t bribed her with it she wouldn’t be here at all. She took a deep breath and faced Yonghwa

 

“Okay spill it, what are you doing here?”

 

“I told you I am here to be your date”

 

“Come on Yonghwa real talk this time this is serious you know?”

 

“Hey didn’t you think I know what I was getting into? I’m just being the coolest friend ever rescuing his ever so gullible friend”

 

“People are staring at you and might take pictures of you. OMG!  AND ME! Yonghwa!!! YAH!!!!” Seohyun planted a hit on Yong’s shoulder

 

“Ouch! Is this how you treat a friend?!” while massaging his shoulder

 

“And is this how you treat a friend? Getting her in the middle of a potential rumor? I swear Yonghwa if anything goes out tomorrow’s news you wouldn’t wake up from your sleep”

 

“Don’t worry I’ll take care of everything! Lets just enjoy! This is the first time we got together outside the house” Yonghwa took Seos hand and led her to the center of the dance floor.

 

BGM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW6iHeBeNQ4

 

She kept her hands on her sides. Yonghwa held both of her hands and put it on his shoulders then placed his hands on her hips. They were standing so close since the dance floor was a bit pact. She was so scared to look him in the eye perhaps afraid that the answer she was looking for is written there. Her heart is confused as it is, she doesn’t need this. She sighed.

 

“Yah are you really gonna be like this?”said Yonghwa

 

She smiled “no, I’m just worried that’s all, people will see you and question you I don’t want to get you in trouble or anything.”

 

“Whether I do something or not they still are able to speculate something well let see what story they can do with this… by the way, you look really beautiful Joohyun and I mean it”

 

“Thanks uh you look good yourself..” suddenly unsure of what to say. It’s like venturing into new waters, she doesn’t know what to do or say.

 

“Thanks but why do I feel like you’re just forcing yourself?”

 

Seo laughed “For real Yonghwa you clean up pretty well, this is just so new for me all of a sudden. But hey thanks, thanks for coming for me”

 

“Why do you belittle yourself Joohyun? Have you no confidence in yourself? You are a beautiful, smart, wise woman and yet you talk so little of yourself. Why?”

 

“I don’t know, I once thought that I was on top of the world but somehow after all that happened to me it faded away. Most of the time instead of confidence, I felt apologetic to my family for disappointing them. I feel sorry for my kids because of what happened to me and their dad. I feel that no matter what I do it’s still won’t be enough.”

 

“Why are you disappointing? You raised good natured kids, you’re a successful entrepreneur, in 1 year you’d be a master’s degree holder. You’re a good person Joohyun I don’t know if your ex husband didn’t appreciate your existence at all and he made sure to make you feel that way but just know that you are one extra ordinary person. You shouldn’t be thinking otherwise”

 

She was extremely touched with his words. She was thankful that he came after all. She decided to just enjoy his company even for that 1 night and face the consequences tomorrow. Yonghwa didn’t just knock on her heart’s door but he barged right into it making her confirm of what she was so afraid off. She is in love with Yonghwa.

 

After the dance, Seo introduced Yonghwa to her friends as her friend, not roommate to dodge questions and not boyfriend since he is not her boyfriend and to dodge more questions. He playfully commented “ Hi I’m Yonghwa Seohyuns friend” then he would wink making her friends laugh.

 

“OY MY GOD YOU’RE YONGIE AREN’T YOU?! But Seo said he’s her housemate?”

 

Yonghwa looked at Seo who was also looking at him begging with her eyes to deny one of the both true statements.

 

“Yes I am Yongie but I am not her housemate” Yonghwa smiled

 

“Sunny yah why would you even think that they are living together!” said Yuri “That just doesn’t make sense!”

 

“I know right! Must be the drinks”

 

“So how did the two of you meet, I mean Seohyun you are with one of the most sought after bachelor in the world”

 

Seohyun smiled then looked at Yonghwa who was giving off the goofy grin “Wipe that grin off don’t flatter yourself!” she said jokingly.

 

“We…bumped into each other at the….” Yonghwa lost as to what story to come up with “music store. Seohyun was oogling over our poster then saw me and asked for my autograph and pictures. She was so excited that day! She said she’s a fan!” he was laughing now. Her friends couldn’t believe it.

 

“Yah Jung YOnghwa! Like I would do that?! We were just introduced by a friend” remembering Yoona

 

“If I haven’t known Seo and her lack of know how in Korean Entertainment industry, I would believe you in a heartbeat” Sooyoung giggled.

 

They were casually discussing school when they heard the MC

 

“We are really pleased to let you know that one of our committee members Ms. Seo Joohyun, was able to invite this person to come and sing for us tonight. This is a special night indeed, please give it up for CNBlue’s Jung Yonghwa!”

 

Seohyun was surprised from what she heard, she thought to herself, what? She invited him? She just stared at him retreating back. People clapped and cheered while Yonghwa made his way to the stage. Of course he knew he would be performing. He thought about it already. Showing up at the event, telling the people there he was invited by one of the members as a surprise guest. He would sing a song and that’s it. A clean alibi just to spend this night with Joohyun, he asked himself why he did this, he’s not sure of the answer himself but he just had too. The music began and Yonghwa started singing. Seo though Yonghwa was really good...no he was the best

 

BGM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZp6dhheriM

 

You only stay with me in the morning
You only hold me when I sleep
I was meant to tread the water
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter