Choices

One of a Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                                                               Chapter 20

 

Everyone was quiet during the ride home, perhaps trying to digest everything that happened through out the course of the dinner. Seohyun was the most agitated because of her encounter with Shinhye in the ladies room to which she never told Yonghwa. They bid farewell to the elders and went up to their house, right after the door of the house was shut

 

“Who is she for you to tell her about us and my private life?” she stopped and look back at  him

 

“She’s a good friend of mine from way back Joohyun” Yonghwa who was just right behind her answered

 

She got irriated for being clueless all of a sudden

 

 “Ok this I didn’t know and I supposed you are super close to her to even tell her about my life?”

 

“Don’t tell me your getting mad just because I told her about you and us? We have done a number of projects together, I trust her”

 

“I’m not the one to tell you who to trust or not but atleast maybe you can give me a heads up about it! Do you know how I feel being talked about with me there?!”

 

Her eyes are burning holes in him and every word is like spitting fire.

 

“It’s not like I planned on bumping into her. I’m sorry if she made you feel that way but I don’t think she means you any harm”

 

Yonghwa tried to hug her she tried to free her arm “You know very well that I’m already having problems with Marcus, if this thing about us goes out of hand he won’t sit back and you know what will happen to us!”

 

“You’re being overly dramatic!” he replied in exasperation

 

“Overly dramatic? How else do you think I should react when my kids and our relationship will possibly be jeopardized if we make the wrong move? Should I just sit there and laugh with her while she talk about my life!? I’m a human being too! I’m no object!”

 

“Okay I’m sorry I’ll talk to her about it”

 

“You better Yonghwa!” She looked at him and walked straight to the bedroom slamming it close. She sat on her laptop and search for the actress’ name and that’s where she found out that the two had been rumored to be dating for years. Great! She thought.. Exactly what I need.

 

Seohyun picked up the phone and dialed Sooyoungs number

 

“Okay tell me whats the deal between Yonghwa and Shinhye?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Well, I’ve read about their dating rumors so I wanted to know if there was any plausible evidence?”

 

“Oh Joohyun honey, this is why I told you to know more about the guys, you’ll be needing to dig up more than that, I don’t want to tell you this but as far as I can remember Yonghwa sorta admitted to have dated Shinhye a little while back, but they never lasted, I don’t know I’m just a troll myself, perhaps it was just a spur of the moment thing between them because the two were in a drama”

 

She was fuming

 

‘close friend? Huh! close friend my arse!’

 

She marched out of the room and headed straight to Yonghwas music room

 

“So when were you planning on telling me that you and that girl was once an item?”

 

“They were just rumors! Are we really starting this?” Yonghwas voice was a notch louder

 

“Rumor?! Rumor! I heard you admitted it!!”

 

“It was nothing serious Joohyun! That’s what you call publicity! Why can’t you just believe me and let go of the issue!”

 

“I’m not dumb Yonghwa I’m your girlfriend I deserve to know this, I deserve to not look like an idiot in front of people!” she held the door knob tighter for support

 

“You’re the only one feeling that! She is not even doing anything to you!”

 

“Wow you have the audacity to take her side?!”

 

“Because your issue is nonsense! Your just being sensitive!”

 

“I wish this is all nonsense!” she walked out of the room and went out to get some fresh air. If Shinhye was not the Shinhye she met at the restaurant, she would have love to drop the issue but the girl got some serious mental problems so she’s not planning on backing down soon.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Joohyun tried to bury the eerie feeling she have after that dinner, but her intuition is telling her otherwise until…

 

“Why do you have to do this?” Joohyun said as she was looking straight at him at their dining table

 

“I told you its part of my contract! I’m an actor too Joohyun and this is what do!”

 

“But why with her there are so many actress why her? Our relationship is complicated as it is because of her now you’ll have to spend more time with her!?”

 

“Please try to understand my situation Joohyun this is not something I can control” he said looking at her

 

“Help me understand Yonghwa because I really don’t!”

 

“Shinhyes agency is in some kind of trouble, her company’s CEO is best friends with mine so they thought that a sure successful drama will help them and so the agency thinks it’s time for our comeback as a couple.” He then looked away from her

 

“And you agreed to this? Why can’t you just decline the whole project then? Please” she looked at him with begging eyes as she reached out to hold his hand

 

“This is what my company tells me so I have to do it” removing her hands from his then he stood up

 

“That’s bull crap Yonghwa and you know it! You know you don’t have to do it! And yet here you are looking like a dog on a leash! Are you the only actor in your company?”

 

“What?!” he replied angrily “Don’t you dare take this all out on me! It wasn’t me with a past who want’s to keep it hidden! Your psycho of an ex husband is not my problem!”

 

“huh now It’s all my fault?! You knew very well what you were getting yourself into when we decided to be together! Don’t make this all about me because you know yourself that you have something in this too! You know what?! Do anything you want! I don’t care!” she walked to their bedroom and slammed the door, she cried while she buried her face on her pillow.

 

‘What is suddenly happening? First Marcus now it’s Shinhye. God! am I in some kind of a poor rating soap opera?!’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Eversince Yonghwa started filming for the drama, they have fought more than the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter