One of a Kind

One of a Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                                                     Chapter 42

 

The minute that it dawned on Yonghwa what he wants in life is the same minute he bought the engagement ring, luck and fate be damned, it was a year before the first time they saw each other again. The realization gave him purpose and goals,  his hearts chance then on getting Joohyun back was 0 to negative but again as he mentioned, hard but not impossible and so the exact second he realize that Joohyun is just within his reach a few months back solidify what he has been working on for the past year.

 

Unlike so many other brides in the world, Joohyun never experienced the horror of a hands-on bride, though most would prefer it that way. Her marriage with Kyuhyun was legalized in San Francisco city hall which was attended only by their immediate family and closest friends. She didn’t wear anything special just a white dress and doesn’t even have a flower to hold. No aisle to walk to. She remembered crying in the restroom and being comforted by Jess and Tiff because of all weddings she attended, this looks like a funeral, not an ounce of happiness can be seen on anyones faces but a mere sense of social obligation though she know deep down her family does wish her the best and it’s not like she can blame them. And so having to be in the middle of the chaotic loud screaming of children, dresses laid on every space possible, shoes of different sizes and styles, loud laughter and unending opening and slamming of doors gives her unimaginable happiness. Yes this is real.

 

How in the world did Yonghwa pulled this off? He would never know, all he has was what he wants, the process of him getting there were all thanks to their family and friends. His family knew of his plans, he also told his CN brothers, the first visit that he made to Buddty and Nana he stated his intentions clearly and got the ball rolling. Mary and Nana had to stay almost pass midnight everyday with the sewers for the gowns, they do have an option of an off the rack dresses but this is Joohyun their talking about, they both knew this wedding deserves only the best.

 

When Yonghwas family came, they helped out with the rest of the preparation, hotel reservation, food tasting, souvenirs, the entourage was not hard to decide, it was Yonghwa who listed it down. The day that they got into the plane to Korea was the same day Joohyuns friends from Korea arrived, a few days later the CNBLUE brothers and Taeyeon arrived as well giving them ample time for dress and tux alterations. Mr. and Mrs. Jung with Mary and Joohyuns dad were the once who delivered the invitation personally to the principal sponsors and in between was the trip to and fro the airport for the Jungs relatives and friends. Even Yonghwas friends from the industry all flew in making Taeyeon, Yoona and Tiff be on the edge of their seats for hotel reservations, good thing it was past the holidays and The Four Seasons hotel in Market St. offered a generous package. They almost rented 3 floors just for the guests. Yonghwa was torn between having an intimate wedding and just have the family and their friends there but he’s had enough of trying to hide Joohyun ,if he can invite the whole world to witness their wedding he would and so as days began to zero down to D- DAY, his guest number was at 450 including The Jungs, the Parks and even the Seo’s associates.

 

Nana and Buddys house became the head quarter for the adults and the Penthouse was for the younger ones. It was mostly hard on Tiff and Jess as they also have the restaurants to run along side Fourth who is already ready for the opening and was just put on hold a bit due to Seohyuns wedding. Yonghwa can’t thank all their family and friends enough, the late night planning, the non stop phone calls for RSVP, the numerous trip to all parts of the city for what else that’s needed for the wedding to go as  smooth as it can be according to plan. Yonghwa thought of hiring a wedding planner but was violently contradicted by his mom and Mary who seems to be long lost sistes and is now on the level of finishing each others sentence. They love the whole wedding planning and feel proud to have made it possible. Who else can pull off a wedding in a week?! Only the Jungs and the Parks can, Only Kim Pil Ok and Mary Park can.

 

The men have all left the hotel and were already at the Church so the cars can go back and take the others. Good thing it was only an 8 minute drive from the hotel to the church. The rest of the guest were also en route and so are the elders. The last to perhaps leave the hotel was Seohyun and the kids.  She stood in front of the mirror after the photographers left leaving her and the kids alone.  Her dress was a simple flack neckline strapless dress but was intricately embroidered with lace and a large cut at the back making it back less with an A-line Swarovski crystals beaded chapel train that extends 18 inches along the floor. She looks like a steady glittering flowing stream as she walks. Her hair was simply styled with a half up half down soft curls and instead of veil was adorned with light clored flower crown. She was eyeing the lady who was looking back at her, it was not even 12 hours when they reach home and never would she have imagined that by 5 PM that same day, she’ll be walking down the aisle. Maki was carrying Ysa and stood beside her with Ia, the 4 of them smiled and nodded at the reflection.

 

Yonghwa was greeting the guest as they showed up one by one, His smile never left his face and even a few medias showed up. CN Ent publicly announced the wedding two days before the wedding day itself. When it was almost time and most of the guest have arrived, Joohyuns dad tapped Yonghwas arm

 

“Can I talk to you for a bit?”

 

Yonghwa smiled “Of course”

 

The two made their way to the garden of the church and sat at one of the benches

 

“I have always owed Hyunnie ever since she was born, I wasn’t there when Mary gave birth to her as I was outside the country for business. I missed out a lot of school activities, I love her with all my being but as much as I hate to admit it,  I was selfish of my time yet never did she questioned me about that. I blamed myself for not being the husband Mary wants me to be and so I also blamed myself for being a part time dad to Hyunnie with whatever happened to her life before Yonghwa, I also blamed myself. I always have this thought at the back of my mind, If I was there could things be different? But it’s too late for what if’s now” the elder smiled as he look in a distance while Yong was looking at him then he met his eyes

 

“Make my baby happy Yonghwa, you are my salvation, free me from all these guilt, show me that all has reasons and you being here making my daughter happy is what needs to happen even from the beginning” Joohyuns dad stood up in front of Yonghwa and did a deep bow

 

“I beg of you to love Joohyun with everything you have” her father silently sobbed

 

“make her the happiest being ever lived, to make her want to live life, inspire her everyday to be the best that she can be, make her believe in happily ever after and more so even after that. Make her love arguments without having being scared of losing you. Be her wall when she needs someone to lean on, protect her and be her sanctuary” Yonghwa was baffled and tried to bow lower than Joohyuns dad. Despite tears Alex smiled at Yonghwa when he look up and saw the younger one still trying to bow lower.

 

“I will be handing you all my treasures Yonghwa do take care of them well”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

“In front of our family and friends and the entire world, I will commit my mind and heart to you, my body and soul is yours to take. I can still remember you sitting on the floor in our apartment trying to find your way to school. You look so serious at the same time adorable with your crease brows and scrunched up nose from trying to decipher the Korean characters on the map. You said that Hummie Jr. was your baby and I had to laugh, you like things most women don’t appreciate. There is this helpless yet capable aura in you that drew me in. The moment you look up to me on that very day and agreed to let me tag along in exchange for breakfast was perhaps the same second my heart knew it’ll only beat for you. I have learned lessons the hard way when it comes to us and right now, this is me letting you and everyone know that I am for real and is here to stay. I promise to love you with tenderness and unselfish devotion. I will be your eyes, your nose your lips your ears your hands your feet, I will be everything that you will need so that you won’t have to ask for more. I promise to be the pillar of our family and be the best person I can be for our children. So I, Yonghwa, take you, Joohyun, to be my wife, I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love and honor you all the days of my life."

 

Yonghwa was tearing none stop as he uttered his vow and people had to laugh because the priest even joked

 

“Are you sure son that those are tears of joy and not regret?”

 

To which he smiled and gave a two thumbs up while Joohyun was wiping his tears in alternate in wiping hers in between smiles and laughter.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t know I was getting married today, If I knew I would have prepared something” to which everyone burst into another

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter