Can we?

One of a Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                                                                        Chapter 37

 

“My decision is final she’s not studying there!”

 

“Marcus, your daughter is a very responsible person why can’t you trust that she will be okay? This isn’t a party for me because she is my daughter as well but she has shown that she can handle herself and so I’m letting her go!” Joohyun was now standing at the dining room facing Kyuhyun, both hands holding on to the edge of the table for control. If there was no table in between then she would’ve thrown a slap and a punch or two due to her anger

 

They have been arguing which started with sneers and sarcasm and now is in a shouting spree for the last 30 minutes about letting Ia go to Paris. Kyuhyuns wife Lisa, who is 8 months pregnant is with Yonghwa in the living room, was pacing back and forth too nervous to sit down. Their kids are with Ia who was also a wreck as she began hearing the loud voices of her parents from downstairs. Yonghwa who was getting dizzy and tired of asking Lisa to relax and sit down decided to check on Ia and the kids.

 

“Uncle Yong” Ia wiped the tears at the corner of her eyes “They’re fighting again and it’s because of me, maybe I should just really stay here and just pick any college, I can do that”

 

He felt bad for her. He knew ever since how dedicated the girl is to her studies, she had often talked to him about her dreams and it will be too cruel to cut that short for her. He smiled and sat down on the floor beside her

 

“Hey, it’s gonna be okay, I don’t think your mom will go down that easily. You got one tough and feisty mom there she’ll get the message through” he said while rubbing her back.

 

She looked at her little siblings who were sleeping on her bed “Why does he still have a say in this I mean he left us, as far as I know mom supported us all through out after the divorce and never asked him for support”

 

“That’s what you call respect. Respect to that person, whatever happens, he is still your father and nothing can change that. Someday you will get married and you’ll understand. It’s not rocket science all you need is a good head and heart, to which you have both”

 

“thanks uncle Yong” she then leaned on him and rested her head on his shoulder

 

“My kid is all grown up and will soon move to Paris!” he smiled at her and tapped her head.

 

 

Meanwhile downstairs..

 

“You know what Marcus, this is impossible, why did you even drag Lisa and the kids here?! She’s pregnant for heaven sake!” Joohyun shouted louder at Kyuhyun

 

“I need to settle this with you right now, Ia won’t be going anywhere near the borders of this country! She either stays here or stay with us for college! That’s it I’ve made my decision!”

 

“You no longer are a part of this family! You can’t decide for us and don’t you dare shout at me at my own house! I just told you she will be studying in Paris just because I thought that you should know. I am not asking for your permission because she’s already 18 and is free to go. You are one pathetic person Marcus, how sad that you don’t even know your daughter!”

 

“What and you do?! What made you a perfect example? Going to a foreign country then getting pregnant by some random guy?! I still haven’t forgotten how my kids were humiliated more than a month ago so don’t tell me who knows what’s best for the kids because if I don’t know then what are you?!” Kyuhyun shouted back now also standing.

 

Joohyunw as on the verge of tears “Yeah I may not be a good example but I made sure I raised those kids with a good head on their shoulder. I am confident that they won’t make the same mistake as I did and won’t be like you! and I trust them!”

 

“Trust them so that’s why you’ll just let your daughter go to a far away country to study! Hear this, if anything is to happen to my daughter I will hold you accountable!”

 

"now she’s your daughter!? Well what do you know! I can consider other people much better of a father than you!” she answered sarcastically.

 

“ha! Who Yonghwa?! What is he even doing here?! If another news breaks out about my kids I swear I will slap you with court orders!”

 

That pushed Joohyun to her limits

 

“Slap me with court orders?! Slap me with courts orders!” She was now shouting in full volume

 

“I will slap you with the truth right now! Ia and Maki adores Yonghwa, they confide in him, they laugh with him and they tell him their problems! He is more than a father than you to those kids, then and more so now! They love him Kyuhyun! What he’s doing here and why he’s here is none of your business you don’t have the right to question me with my life and my decisions! I am not the Joohyun you met before, I was stupid then but not anymore so unless you want me to throw you out of my house leave him alone!” Lisa then stood at the entrance of the dining room rubbing her stomach.

 

“Marcus, please keep it down, Joohyun is right, let Ia go she wil come home for school breaks or you can travel to her, just don’t fight over this the kids will hear you” 

Joohyun looked at the woman who was now looking pale “I’m sorry Lisa, I dind’t mean to raise my voice, you must be tired, why don’t you guys stay over the night? Or Have you booked a hotel?”

 

It was Kyuhyun who answered “No we haven’t but we will be fine I don’t want to impose”

 

She was trying her best to calm down as she’s on the verge of throwing anything she can get her hands on  to Kyuhuyn. She was only thinking of Lisa and the kids if they weren’t there, she could’ve started World war 3.

 

“I don’t care what you do to yourself but let Lisa and the kids stay. It’s late and and your kids are probably sleeping”

 

He ignored her and walk to the foot of the stairs shouting

 

“Ia! You get down here”

 

Ia heared the shout and automatically stood up shaking, all of a sudden she was transported back to those days where her father was always angry and shouting at them. She looked at Yonghwa now with tears streaming down. Yonghwa can clearly see the fear on the childs face and gone was the 18 yr old girl,  as he hugged her tightly.

 

“Uncle Yong please don’t make me go down” as Ia’s hand clutched Yongs shirt tighter

 

“You have to go down or your father might get mad even more, I will accompany you and mom is there we won’t let him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter