Chapter 9

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IX

 

     While walking down the chips aisle I kept on sending daggers through Taehyung's head with my glare. Since the ride from the house, he did nothing but to act idiotic and childish that annoyed me to death.


 

“Yah! We still have a lot of things to find. Stop choosing for yourself!” I waved the list in front of his face.


 

“Last one. I really want Lays. After I find it, I'll stop,” He answered, still focusing on finding his favorite snack.


 

     I stomped my feet and went to another aisle.


 

“Dark and white chocolates,” I murmured while looking through different sections.


 

“Yay!” I chimed as I saw my favorite brand of chocolates.


 

     I gasped when someone reached for the same chocolate I aimed at the same time. “Oh sorry,” He apologized.


 

     My body froze as I recognized the voice. I shot my head up to face the guy and I stood still, staring at him, dumbstrucked.


 

“Li,” The way he said my name brought back bittersweet memories.


 

“B-byunghun-ah,” It has been a year since I last uttered his name. It sounded impossible.


 

“Li!”


 

     I turned around to see Taehyung waving his favorite chip while running towards me.


 

"I found it!” He exclaimed as he reached my side.


 

"Uh-uhm. This is Byunghun,” I gulped.


 

“Oh hi! I'm Chansoo. It's really nice meeting you but we really need to go,” He then faced me, “Li, halmeoni called me asking what's taking us so long. Let's go,” Taehyung chattered, not giving me nor Byunghun time to speak a word then dragged me out of that aisle.


 

     I was never more thankful being with Taehyung at such timing. My brain was not working properly at that time and thanks to him he got me out of trouble without knowing.


 

“Who was that? I never knew you have a guy friend in Korea besides me and Kai,” He casually asked while picking vegetables.


 

“Who said you're my friend?”


 

     He rolled his eyes. “Okay. Let me rephrase the question. Who was that? I never knew you have guy friend in Korea besides Kai,” He gave me a look, emphasizing my brother's name.


 

God this guy won't really let it go this time. “Son of my dad's business partner before,” I honestly answered leaving the part which says 'he's my ex-boyfriend who tore my heart into million pieces'


 

“Ahh”


 

     I sighed when he didn't add anything.


 

     But then he opened his freakin mouth again, “So when did you two first met?”


 

     I rolled my eyes. “Are you a reporter or something? Is this an interview?” I asked with sarcasm in irritation.


 

“I'm just curious”


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter