Chapter 30

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXX 

 

     Li stared at herself in the mirror. Today's the first time she'll be back at school since the accident. She's worried how the kids will react the moment she'll just stare at them blankly, not remembering their names nor faces. Even to the teachers, she felt so bad that she almost wanted to take off her school uniform and just stay at home instead. But of course she can't. She has to go. She can't be gone any more longer since graduation is coming. Though she has another option, which is to delay her graduation and stay at school for another year, yet who the h would want that, right?

 

     She pressed her palm down her skirt to smoothen the invisible wrinkles of the cloth. She smiled and said to herself, “You're going to be fine Li. Everything's gonna be alright”

 

 

 

     Meanwhile, outside the house, Taehyung walked closer to Kai to make sure of something they've been doing behind Li's back. They were working on asking their schoolmates not to mention anything about Byunghun to Li. Even his name, they shouldn't let Li know that they know him.

 

“You did everything I told you, right?”

 

“Of course, hyung!” Kai assured.

 

“You sure they won't say a thing?” Taehyung doubted.

 

     Kai smirked. “They won't. I got help from my friends. No one will dare”

 

     Taehyung nodded in relief.

 

     Li stepped out of the door. Her eyes landed at the two. “Hey,” She called softly.

 

     Taehyung and Kai turned their heads at her.

 

“Wow noona! I missed seeing you in our school uniform. You look great!” Kai exclaimed while grinning childishly.

 

     Li gave off a small smile. “Thanks”

 

     Taehyung just stared at her, not uttering a single word. Everytime he sees Li, he'll get reminded of what happened more than a month ago. He's blaming himself for Byunghun's death and Li's current situation.

 

     But aside from that, the pain he felt that moment when Li asked who he is weeks ago, keeps on replaying inside his head even in his dreams that he can't bear to look at her smiling at him genuinely. The pain is just too much. Yes he always wanted Li to treat him warmly but not in this kind of way.

 

     How could he smile back at her knowing that he's partly responsible of what happened to her and Byunghun? How could he smile back if he can't deny to himself that he is somehow disappointed that she can't remember him? Again.

 

     Li played a small stone with her left foot while waiting for Taehyung to say something. The guy has been treating her strangely since she gain her consciousness back. Sometimes she'll see a hint of care in his eyes but most of the times he seems to be keeping his distance. How could she apologize to him rightly when she doesn't even know anything about him, about them, that made him act that way?

 

“Oh look, Kai. I gotta go. See you at school”

 

     Li shot her head up upon hearing Taehyung.

 

"Okay, hyung. Later!” Kai waved back.

 

     Taehyung nodded and started marching down the gate.

 

What the heck? Is he really going this far? What exactly I am to him or him to me that he's making a big deal out of it? Li thought while staring at Taehyung's back profile.

 

“A-ah,” She stuttered. She mentally punched herself for opening . Since Kai already knew what she's about to do, she continued anyways. “Chansoo-yah!”

 

     Taehyung stopped in his tracks. Chansoo. Her voice, calling him that, echoed inside his head. His fist clenched unconsciously while fighting a tear that's threatening to fall out his eye.

 

     Li stumbled on her way down towards him and asked, “Where are you going?”

 

     He let out a huge breathe before facing her slowly and put on a casual expression. “Uhm-school?” He tried so hard to act normal while their body's proximity is too close for him handle.

 

“Idiot I know. What I mean is why are you not riding with us?”

 

Idiot. His chest constricted painfully from the flashbacks of their fights and bickers.

 

     Taehyung gulped hardly before saying, “I'm not because I'm taking the bus?” Despite of the ambivalence he's having he succeded in displaying a jerky self.

 

     Li rolled her eyes. “Stop talking non-sense. You're riding with us, okay? So cut it off!” She forcefully dragged him towards the car with her arms interlaced with his'.

 

     Taehyung's upper limbs turned ice from the sudden contact. He looked down and saw Li's delicate facial features. He fought himself from the urge of caressing her face and looked away.

 

“Yah!”

 

     He jumped out of his thoughts when Li shouted.

 

“I said get in!” She ordered bossily.

 

     Taehyung's heart suddenly leaped from seeing Li with that attitude again. He mentally smacked his head when he found himself sitting inside the car beside her. This isn't what he had planned. He's supposed to stay away from her as much as possible until she gains her memory back. He's worried of what she will think of him after remembering ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter