Chapter 8

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VIII

 

     I stayed in my room for the next 4 hours. I have not done so much. Just pacing around, sitting at the end of my bed, staring at myself in the mirror. Just like a total stupe. Party's probably ending by now. I thought.


 

     Then I heard a knock on the door.


 

“Noona,” Kai poked his head in.


 

     Me who was sitting in front of my vanity mirror gathered my composure and pretended to be busy doing something, like combing my hair. “Yes?” I answered blandly.


 

“Come downstairs. Family's gathered up in the living room”


 

“Why?” I asked apatheticly.


 

“I dunno. Just come down,” He said before closing the door.


 

     I sighed and hummed.


 

“Hurry up!” He hollered as he opened the door once again.


 

     I jolted in surprise.


 

“Coming!” I answered in annoyance.


 

 


 

     When I went down, I noticed there's no one left except my family. My grandparents, parents, brother, dad's siblings with their families, and then there's Him.


 

“Party's over?” I asked pretending to care.


 

“Not for us,” Dad answered with a childish grin.


 

     Everyone let out soft chuckles.


 

“Take a sit,” Mom ordered when she noticed I was standing too long at the last step of the stairs.


 

     I looked around just to find no vacant seat except the one beside Him. The rational and irrational part of me argued whether I should take the seat or not.


 

“Li what's wrong dear?” Grandma asked.


 

     I panicked when everyone turned their faces at me. “Uh. N-nothing,” I shook my head in defense.


 

“Everything's alright,” I forced a smile before hesitantly took the seat beside him.


 

     Grandma spoke and said something like she's thankful that everyone came for Chansoo's birthday and she's very happy that we're gathered in that very moment. I didn't heard much after that. I was imersed in clutching the clover charm in my bracelet with eyes focused on my shoes.


 

“You still have it,” A deep voice stated from my left side.

 

     I snapped my head at him with a questioning look.


 

“I-I thought you lost it,” He answered, avoiding my gaze.


 

     I tightened my clutch in the charm and said, “What made you think I lost it?”


 

     He answered me with a shrug.

What a jerk. I rolled my eyes and took my sight away from him.


 

“Chansoo-yah, what do you think about the party?” Grandma asked while smiling genuinely.


 

“Taehyung my ,” I said through gritted teeth in a voice me and my seatmate can only hear.


 

     He shot his head towards me and gave me a look.


 

“Grandma is waiting for your answer CHANSOO,” I emphasized the last word and gave him a fake smile.


 

     He cleared his throat and said, “It's great. Especially that everyone is here. Thank you so much”


 

     I stood up before I could snicker and said, “Excuse me. Kitchen” Before leaving the living room.


 

     My stomach growled as I reached the kitchen. “You're such a pig,” I said as I touched my belly as if it can hear me. I opened the fridge and took out the ice cream.


 

     When I closed the lid I almost lost my grip on the container as I jerked from shock. “What the heck?!” I glared at him.


 

“What was that all about?” He asked with his eyebrows furrowed.


 

“I'm supposed to be the one asking that,” I layed the ice cream container on the table in a thud. I turned around facing him and exasperatedly questioned, “What was that all about?”


 

“I didn't do anything wrong,” He answered, dazed.


 

“Why do you have to stand behind the freaking fridge's lid?! I was shocked to death!” I shouted, loosing control of myself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter