Chapter 29

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

XXIX

 

     Li uncomfortably shifted in her wheelchair as they waited the neurologist inside his office. Though the room looks somehow cozy, it didn't left the fact that it's still inside the hospital and she can't resist to hate being in it.

 

“Sorry I'm late,” The doctor huffed as soon as he entered the room, obviously coming from a sprint.

 

“By two minutes.” She glanced at the digital clock laying on the table. “It's okay”

 

     He shook his head. “I know. Tardiness is just not my thing. But I got stucked there with a--” He paused as he realized no cares to hear his excuse. “Anyways,” He smiled, showing his bleached white teeth. “How are you feeling?” He asked Li.

 

“Aside from feeling that my limbs are about to rip out of my body, I'm fine I guess.” Li tried to lighten the atmosphere but didn't do much. Her mother who's sitting behind her clutched her pouch tightly.

 

     He nodded before saying. “So, since you wake up, did you feel something odd?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Like something isn't right. Something you can't really explain why it's happening”

 

      She thoughtfor a second. “Oh, right! That guy I saw the moment I opened my eyes. He was right there beside me and kept on saying my name. He knows me but I don't have any idea who he is”

 

“Honey he's-,” Li mother stopped from the doctor's signal.

 

“So you're saying you recognize everybody from your family except him?”

 

     She nodded before asking, “But why? Is he a family member too?”

 

“Tell me Li, why do you think you can't remember your grandparents' adopted child, Chansoo?”

 

“Chansoo? That's his name?” Li blinked her eyes at the ceiling. “Grands' adopted?” She murmured to herself.

 

“Okay Li. Now I want you to tell me the latest memory you can recall”

 

     Li bit her lower lip as she tried to dug deep down her pool of bitterwseet memories.

 

“What had actually happened, doc? Did I got into an accident at the airport? The last thing I can remember is when we were taking off the plane at Incheon.”

 

     Her mother gasped in disbelief.

 

“Why, mom? What's wro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter