Chapter 37

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXXVII

 

   The clinking of the spoon against the cup is audible when Tae Hyung came in the kitchen.

 

“Oh halmeoni, good morning” He greeted.

 

   Li Eun's forehead creased when he didn't greet her too. Booya? What's with him? He's really confusing me. He is like a girl who's prone to mood swings. Tch.

 

“Is everything ready Chan Soo-ah?” The old one asked him.

 

“Ah-yes, everything's been prepared before hand”

 

   Li's ears irked up when curiousity hit her. “Why? What's going on, halmeoni?

 

“Right!” The old one pointed her finger up in the air when a bright idea popped inside her head. “You should go with Chan Soo later Li-ah!”

 

   She blinked at her grandmother. “Why why why why? To where?” Her heart suddenly started pounding like crazy.

 

“To the charity event” She smiled excitedly.

 

“Eh? Why me???” Li whined from nervousness. She can't explain why going to a charity event became a big deal in an instant because of Tae Hyung.

 

“Why not you?” Tae Hyung retorted.

 

   She gulped. “Because-because I'm-”

 

“You were holding charity events back in China too, right?” Her grandmother pointed out.

 

“Yes” Li nodded hesitantly.

 

   Grandmother clasped her hands together with a bright smile. “That's settled then! You go with Chan Soo later, okay?”

 

“But I-,” She halted when her grandmother started walking out of the kitchen, obviously not interested to hear her excuse. “Okay,” She murmured to herself instead.

 

 

 

 

 

   Silence filled the car on their way to Angel's Crib, the biggest foster home in Seoul. Some of the orphans even came from the provinces and was brought over to be fed, sheltered, clothed and educated just like the way they should be as they're just kids who needs someone to take care of them. These children are very special and close to Tae Hyung's heart because of his own history of losing both parents at a very young age. He is lucky there are people like Li's grandparents who are kind-hearted enough to embrace him and treated him like their own. And because of that, Tae Hyung thought that it is just right to give back and help these unfortunate children to overcome life's challenges as what the people who helped him did.

 

 

   Li stole a quick glance on her right to see what Tae Hyung is up to. She narrowed her eyesight, secretly gazing-slash-admiring the guy's peaceful sleeping figure. With earphones on, he's leaning back with arms crossed up front.

 

   Li's lips crept into a smile when Tae Hyung's forehead creased due to the sunlight that entered the car's window.

 

“Oh my-” She automatically covered in bewilderment.

 

Yah Kim Li Eun are you crazy? He is your uncle for God'sake!

 

   Li slapped her own face out of guilt.

 

But he's adopted!

 

   The person inside her head argued thus just making the whole thing more confusing. 

 

And he has a girlfriend!

   She shot her head towards Tae Hyung again, but to her surprise, the guy is already staring at her, baffled.

 

“Why-did you-” Tae Hyung hesitated while gesturing his hand like he's about to slap his own face.

 

“Ow” Li cringed in embarrasment. “You saw that?” She laughed nervously.

 

   He nodded, st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter