Chapter 24

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXIV

 

 

     Taehyung woke up with Kai kept on shouting outside his room.

 

“Hyung! Wake up I need your help!”

 

     He squinted at the ruckus Kai is making. What could possibly happened? Why is he here at this hour?

 

     Taehyung took a glance at his digital wall clock that read 6:47 A.M.

 

     He lazily walked down his door and turned the knob. An anxious Kai stared at him.

 

“What?” He asked while rubbing his eyes tiredly.

 

“It's noona,” Kai whispered.

 

     Taehyung snapped back his sight at Kai. “What about Li?”

 

“Earlier, I woke up thristy and went to the kitchen. When I passed by her room it was slightly open so I peeked in but she was'nt around. I thought she also woke up early and maybe just wandering somewhere around the house but she's nowhere to be found, hyung”

 

“Maybe she went for a jog?”

 

     Kai shook his head. “I saw her phone inside her room. She never leaves without her phone. Hyung, I think something bad happened. The last time she did this back in China--”

 

     Taehyung shuffled back to his room and grabbed his coat. “I'll go find her”

 

“I'm coming with you”

 

“No. You have to attend school. Your parents and grands should'nt know about this. They'll worry for sure. Li would'nt want that,” He said before darting off the house.

 

 

 

     Meanwhile, Li is listlessly walking down the streets of Seoul. Her feet is dragging her to somewhere she does'nt know where. Once in a while, tears would just inevitably roll down her cheeks. She was too numb to feel anything. Too tired from the crying she did all night. When the sun rose and she was still awake, she just walked out of the house soulessly. Her body too exhausted, mind in a blank state, chest too painful to care.

 

     Ahead is an abandoned playground. When she saw the place, a sob escaped out as a memory flashed back inside her head.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Where are we?” She asked excitedly while walking in her boyfriend's guide since his hands are covering her sight.

 

“Just trust me,” Byunghun whispered behind her ears with a grin.

 

“We're here,” She halted when he said.

 

     Li smiled widely in excitement. She can't wait to see what her boyfriend prepared for their 100th day.

 

“Ready?” He asked her.

 

     She nodded eagerly.

 

     Li's eyes shined in reflection to the candles sprawled around the playground an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter