Chapter 40

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

XL

         Tae Yong was about to open his mouth when Tae Hyung’s phone started ringing. The caller ID displayed Shai’s name.

 

“Yah!” She shouted in annoyance from the other end.

       

         Tae Hyung squirmed at the unexpected greeting.

“What the heck?”

 

        Shai let out a scornful laugh. “You idiot why did you leave Li alone in this state?”

“Oh?” Tae Hyung remarked. “You’re at home? When did you arrive? Is Jong In with you?”

“You come back here this instant so I could kick your , Kim Chan Soo!”

        Tae Hyung let out a soft chuckle.

“Whoa. You really must have gone crazy. What’s so funny, huh?”

“You really do love Li so much.”

“Don’t you?” She shot back.

        A smile formed into Tae Hyung’s lips. “I’m on my way back. Watch her for a bit, okay?”

“Even if you won’t come I’ll still watch over her, idiot!” She remarked one last time before hanging up.

 

        As if forgetting Tae Yong’s existence, Tae Hyung left in a hurry.

I really must’ve gone crazy. How could I leave Li like that?

 

        Arriving home, he headed straight for Li’s room.

 

“She’s sleeping, don’t disturb her”

       

Tae Hyung spun his head around and landed his eyes on Shai, sitting in the living room, watching the television.

 

“Oh, hi!” He waved.

 

        After greeting Shai, his eyes automatically darted back to the direction up the stairs.

 

“What are you doing? If you wanted to see her that bad, you should go no matter what others tell you, idiot”

“A-ah,” He stuttered. “That’s what I thought too.” He chuckled.

 

        Shai smirked and shook her head in amusement.

 

 

 

        Carefully, he turned the knob and stepped inside the room. Landing his eyes at the girl sleeping peacefully, his lips curled upwards.

 

        Unable to take his eyes off Li, he sat on a chair by the bedside to take a better view on her. Fighting the urge to caress her face, he curled his fist tighter. He hanged his head low as memories of them started swarming back inside his head.  A warm tear escaped his eye.

 

“I’m so sorry,” Tae Hyung whispered apologetically. “If I could,” He hesitated. “If I could turn back time…”

 

 

 

 

 

        “Happy birthdaaay!”

Kai stirred in his sleep upon hearing the commotion.

“Get up you sleepy head, it’s your day!” Li cheered.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter