Chapter 25

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXV


 

"Hyung, where are you?” Kai nervously spoke through the phone.


 

     Taehyung wiped the tears that's free-falling from his eyes and cleared his throat before answering, “Uhm-somewhere. Why?”


 

“It's noona”


 

     A feeling like someone just pierced a hole through his chest striked from the mention of the girl. What? You want to inform me that Byunghun already brought her back to your house? He painfully guessed.


 

“Something terrible happened”


 

     Suddenly, a weird sensation hit him. He sat up straight from his seat. “What do you mean?”


 


 


 


 


 

     A distinguishable smell penetrated his nostrills as he carelessly made his way through the white tinted, tiled huge building. He recklessly passed through a crowd gathered around an information section even shoving some aside who were blocking his way. His eyes landed on a white-coated man walking towards his direction with a somewhat blank face on as his perfectly polished black shoes reflected the glints of the spotless floor.


 

     Taehyung slowed his paced down when he caught sight of Kai and his family ahead. Worry and fear plastered on their faces as they impatiently waited outside the emergency room.


 

“Hyung,” Kai called when he saw Taehyung approaching his side.


 

“What happened?” He asked as soon as he reached the younger one since he instantly hanged up earlier and drove down when Kai mentioned from the phone that Li is currently in the hospital.


 

Kai shrugged. “We're still waiting for the cops. They'll be here any minute.”


 

     Taehyung nodded reluctantly as he gazed towards the emergency room door.


 

“Though I don't understand why she was with Byunghun hyung,” Kai added.


 

     Taehyung's fist curled tightly as self-accusation kicked in. I should'nt have left her there with him. This is all my fault.


 

     His eyes landed on a couple beside Li's parents probably Byunghun's mom and dad. They looked way much worse than any of them around.


 

“Is Byunghun's condition really that bad?” He blurted out loud enough for Kai to hear. There was'nt a trace of rudeness in his voice, just plain curiousity.


 

“REALLY BAD,” Kai nodded.


 

     Taehyung snapped his head towards the younger one. “What do you mean?” His eyes filled with concern. Though he really did'nt liked the guy for hurting Li but he's not the kind of person who would not feel bad if someone's in danger. Especially when he knows how much Byunghun means to Li, he could'nt pray enough for the guy to be all right.


 

     Kai adjusted his body to face Taehyung and took a quick glance towards Byunghun's parents before saying in a low voice, “L.Joe hyung is VERY sick. I heard my parents talking about it earlier that he has Leukemia and him invloving into this kind of accident is just killing himself before the freaking disease do the work”


 

     Taehyung stood there in silence, stunned with what he heard and unable to overcome denial thus kept on debating inside his head whether he heard Kai right.


 


 

“Are you the family of Lee Byung Hun and Kim Li Eun?”


 

     The question stirred Taehyung away from his thoughts when two police officers stood in front of them whilst one spoke. Byunghun and Li's parents with her grandparents stepped closer to the men.


 

“These belongs to them. Found inside the car of the guy” The man named Min Jae Ho handed two transparent plastic bags.


 

“ that locket necklace was L.Joe hyung's gift to noona on her 16th birthday. Did'nt know she still have it. I thought she burnt everything he gave her before we migrated here. Well she saved one I guess,” Kai whispered to himself.


 

     Taehyung overheard it and bit his lower lip unconsciously. He did'nt know what to feel anymore. A part of him felt jealous but thinking about the current situation, it just doesn't feel right to be.


 


 

     A doctor wearing full surgical apparel stepped out of the emergency room.


 

“Is my son okay?” Asked by Byunghun's mother.


 

“What about my daughter?” Mr. Kim added.


 

     The man let out a heavy sigh before speaking. “The young man is still under surgery from another doct

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter