Chapter 2

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

II

     I spent the whole day facing my laptop without noticing the time. I checked my wrist watch and read '5:30'.


 

"Ugh-why so fast? I'm not even done with season 5 yet," I pouted on the screen that reads Vampire Diaries.

 

               The sun is setting and my room is starting to get dark so I pushed myself up and went for the switch. I flicked it on and my room lit up, emphasizing my turquiose wall filled with pink, black and white prints. There's a big photo of mine hanging above my bed's headrest. I smiled at how personal my room looks.


 

I like it so much. It's so. .me.


 

               My moment was cut off by a loud irritating knock on the door. My smile suddenly faded and an emotionless face is on. I unlocked my door knob and turned it lifelessly. I almost fell back because of the force applied by the intruder, feeling too much excited to enter my room. I inwardly cursed an eyed my brother intently.


 

"What are you doing here?" I asked. Saying each word unpleasantly for him to understand I'm pissed.


 

               But being my hard-headed brother he is. What's new? He just smirked and layed on my bed like a king.


 

"Yah! I'm talking to you! Can you show even just a little bit of respect? I'm a year older than you!" I shouted with all my might, almost out of breath.


 


 

               But he just stayed there. Closing his eyes while smirking stupidly again, acting like he didn't heard anything.


 

"Kim Jongin!" I shouted furiously.


 

"Noonaaa! I told you not to call me with my real name. I don't like it. It doesn't sound cool," He pouted while pushing himself up.


 

"Cool my ," I retorted. "Say. What are you doing here? And what's with the get up? " I asked while eyeing him from head to toe, curious where my brother is going to since he's formally dressed.


 

               But then I just can't keep myself from smirking, looking at my handsome brother. We really are siblings. I thought with so much pride.


 

"You really are the most forgetful person in the world noona. Oops. No. You're the second most forgetful after L.Joe hyung," Kai chuckled when a funny memory flashed inside his head.


 

               I frowned from the mention and bit my lip.


 

Kai froze. "Oops I-I'm so sorry noona. I forgot-"


 

"No it's fine Kai. I had moved on. Remember?" I smiled slightly and paused, thinking of a way to change the topic. "Seems like you're turning out to be as forgetful as me now," I faked a chuckle.


 

               Kai let out a smile. He walked closer to me and patted my head like a big brother. Kai may be dork, playful, stupid and all. But his brotherly side never leaves and fail me at times like this.


 

"Noona," He softly called before leaving my room.


 

               I turned around to face him with a soft expression.

 

"I really think you should change your clothes since you wouldn't want to go to grands wedding anniversary with that get up right?" He said and smirked before closing the door.


 

Oh ! Right!


 

               I rushed to my closet and pulled out the pretty dress mom gave me the other day. I love my mother for being so caring and all but sometimes she tend forget I'm no longer a kid and crosses the line.

               I shook the thoughts out of my mind and headed for the bathroom. I didn't mind it this time since the dress is too pretty to dislike.


 


 

               We arrived at the venue around 7:00 pm. My parents walked in with my mom's arm clinged into my dad's. Kai followed with that model-like walk of his. I almost thought he's in a runway or something. I shook my head lightly with a smile and followed behind him.

               I actually don't like family gatherings cause I'm not that close with my korean relatives. I hate how they compare each other's wealth and talk about business almost all the time. My ears just can't take it.



 

               I finished my dinner in no time. My parents gasp at my shinny plate while their's are still half-filled. Kai smirked from my side and I shot him a death glare.


 

"Sorry. I forgot to eat lunch. Excuse me. I'll go use the comfort room," I lied and rushed out to the door instead of going to the rest room as what I've said. But of course I didn't let my parents know. I'll be dead if they will.


 

               But my brother Kai saw me and shook his head with a smirk plastered on his face. He knew it all along. My predictable old act. I always do that in every family gatherings. He knows I badly want to get out of that suff

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter