Chapter 5

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

V

     We arrived in a garden overwieving a lake full of floating litted candles. My eyes twinkled at the majestic scenery. There is a table filled with food in the center of the garden enough just for me, Shai, Kai, mom, dad, grandma and grandpa. A band is playing at the side to entertain just us.


 

“Chansoo did a great job,” Grandpa uttered while looking around, his eyes shining due to the reflection of the hundreds of candles.


 

“Who?” I asked curiously.


 

“Chansoo. Our adopted child. We asked for his help to make this possible,” Grandma answered, smiling at the scenery as she approached my side.


 

     I turned around her direction and nodded.


 

“You played with him back in China when you were both little kids. You don't remember?” She added when I seemed not caring for their adopted.


 

“I did?” I asked, baffled.


 

     I dug deep down my pit of memories and ended up vageuly remembering a boy I used to play with then nothing.


 

“I guess you were too young back then to remember,” She murmured.



 


 

“Okay time to eat folks!” Kai called excitedly and we headed for the table.

     We ate and talked and danced the whole night until we were all exhausted and dragged ourselves home.


 

     Upon arriving the house, I went straight to my bedroom with Shai.


 

“I'm so more than glad I came all the way here,” She smiled at me.


 

“What's with you and Kai? I thought you're over. How come you look at each other like that?” I teased.


 

“Like what?” She played dumb.


 

“Like you're soooo inlove,” I portrayed a deeply in love girl spinning around in tip toe.


 

“Shut up,” She blushed. “I-I don't know. He's complicated,” She said whispered while playing with the hem of her skirt.


 

“Hey. He's my brother and I know him. He loves you. I can see it in the way he looks at you,” I assured, giving her a tight squeeze in her hand.


 

“I love him too,” Her eyes twinkled from the tears that's threatening to fall out.


 

“I know you do,” I gave her a that's-okay-smile and enclosed her between my arms.



 


 


 

 

     The next morning, Shai shrugged me from my deep slumber.


 

“Li you're late for school!” She exclaimed before murmuring words like “Why didn't Kai woke us up earlier? That jerk”


 

School! I stood up mechanically and stumbled down my bathroom. I did all the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter