Chapter 39

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author's Note:

             First, I want to apologize for my long absence. Second, I, again, want to apologize since I will be using this font style from now on. I'm not doing this on purpose. I just don't know why once I copy-paste my draft from my computer file the aff editor can't retain the font I was using the whole time. Honestly for me this is no big deal but I still decided to make a statement because I know there are people who'll find a sudden change of font annoying. So, yeah. That would be all. And oh! Thank you for your undying love and support. I hope you'll enjoy this and the upcoming chapters :)

            

 

XXXIX

       The ride back home is awkward and silent. Tae Hyung is hesitant to even utter a word to Li. He’s starting to feel greedy and it scares him. He’s starting to consider abandoning the plan and just tell her the truth. But confessing also means telling her about Byunghun’s death. He can’t do it. He can’t afford seeing Li in her possible worst state.

 

        Tae Hyung stirred out of his thoughts when Li suddenly started coughing.

 

“Li? Are you okay?” He worried.

“Hmm” She weakly hummed in response.

 

        He scooted closer and placed his palm on her forehead.

 

“Yah!” Tae Hyung reprimanded. “Why didn’t you said anything? You’re burning!”

 

        Li shrugged him off. “Shh, my head hurts. Don’t shout.”

 

“Kim Li Eun!”

“Aish, whyyy?” She whined.

 

 

        Upon arriving home, Tae Hyung hurriedly stepped out of the car and ran to the other side, opening the door for Li. Listless, she almost crawled out of the car, too weak to maintain poise.

 

“Here,” Tae Hyung offered his arm for her to depend on.

        Li shook her head in rejection. “I’m fine”

“Can you just shut up and accept my help? You’re wasting your energy.”

“Why are you so persistent? I said I—”

        Just then, Tae Hyung lifted Li in one swift motion, carrying her in bridal style.

“Yah! Put me down! Wha-what do you think you’re doing?!”

        Tae Hyung sneered. “You sure are too noisy for someone burning up with fever”

“Why? Is having a fever means losing your ability to talk?” She spatted back.

        He let out a heavy sigh. “What do I do with you?”

“Are you sure you’re my uncle?” Li asked out of nowhere.

“Eh?” The question made Tae Hyung come to a halt.

You don’t act like one though. She thought. “Never mind,” Li said instead.

 

        After laying her down the bed, Tae Hyung’s phone started to ring. It was an anonymous number so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter